PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari design car too fast for a human

shostak
27th August 2008, 18:46
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/3610/monzawv1.jpg

Ferrari design car too fast for a human to operate

The Ferrari Monza looks more like a spaceship than a car.

Designer Iman Maghsoudi says future cars will be capable of travelling speeds of 125mph, too fast for a human to operate manually as they lack "sufficient concentration".

As a result, computers will have to be programmed to drive them.

With the Monza, at slower speeds, the "pilot" sits in a cockpit similar to straddling a motorcycle and has full control.

Once the vehicle reaches a predetermined speed, an onboard computer changes the car's aerodynamic profile, using winglets called canards ahead of the front wheels to create lift and reduce friction.

The highly original Monza design aims to minimise friction and stop unexpected headwinds from sending the vehicle pirouetting into the sky at the slightest gust.

Two fins adjust their orientation automatically with the increased airflow to keep the vehicle grounded.

Known for their fast cars and striking looks, the Monza is designed to put today's sports cars to shame, but then it is only an idea, and also a very expensive one.

The original Ferrari Monza was one of a series of cars built by the Italian manufacturers in the early 1950s.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml?xml=/motoring/2008/08/27/nferrari127.xml

:-E :-E :-E :-E

Tifoso
28th August 2008, 20:20
The first hideous Ferrari :-(

c-man
31st August 2008, 10:29
i don't know have you seen the 1976 512bb, lol

Stino
31st August 2008, 20:15

How about the 512 S Modulo? Still, you need to keep in mind that
these are concept cars so they have an alibi to look ugly

31st August 2008, 21:11
125mph??? my redneck pickup can go faster than that

RED
1st September 2008, 14:20
i don't know have you seen the 1976 512bb, lol

How about the 512 S Modulo? Still, you need to keep in mind that
these are concept cars so they have an alibi to look ugly

512BB was (and still is) beautiful!

As for 512S Modulo........ thank god it was only a concept. :-D

anthonywendover
1st September 2008, 17:34
125mph to fast for humans wth? Arnt their other cars capable of 200. I'm confused by this article and that silly looking car which looks like a snowmobile with a capsule

vagos
3rd September 2008, 18:14
i dont like it!!!