PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Zonda.

SS454
8th February 2009, 04:37
"It's been a good run, the Pagani Zonda has stoked many a supercar fantasy and plasters the walls of garages and bedrooms everywhere, but all good things must come to an end. The Zonda R is that end and the Zonda is not fading quietly into history. Everything gets turned up to eleven with this final model, 739 HP 6.0-liter V12, 0-to-60 times of three seconds, and a blistering top speed of 233 MPH.

The car also spares no expense, wearing top shelf parts made of titanium and carbon fiber, and the price shows. Only 15 Zonda R's will be available to the public for a mind-blowing $1.8 million, and they're building one extra to keep at the factory. Guess if you're going to go out, you go out big."

http://jalopnik.com/5147223/pagani-zonda-r-a-18-million-farewell-party

I would say this is direct competition with the Ferrari FXX. And in my opinion the Zonda is quite a bit better looking. Absolutely stunning. I just hope the Ferrari would still beat it on track ;)

zakfourie
8th February 2009, 17:21
It looks awesome!

How good is the FXX?
I don't really hear much about it...

Ste
9th February 2009, 00:15
That looks amazing! Can't wait to see if they get that on Top Gear!

SS454
10th February 2009, 03:56
It looks awesome!

How good is the FXX?
I don't really hear much about it...

FXX is pretty much a race version of the Enzo. Stripped down to a bit over 2500 lbs, with around 850 bhp. Additional winglettes for increased downforce, and fitted with slick tires makes it one quick car. Longer tracks I think the FXX would definitely win over the Zonda, and I would think the Ferrari is a much more refined race car due to Ferrari's extensive racing heritage.

jkwaggener
11th February 2009, 07:31
Really nice car!

Liscia
18th February 2009, 13:37
I'm inclined to agree with you SS454 that the FXX seems to be a cogent, devloped and 'complete' design while the Zonda seems contrived for the "Gee Whiz!" factor
ala Lamborghini tho it is at least pleasant and not somber and somewhat soul-less like the Veyron.

jkwaggener
18th February 2009, 13:59
tho it is at least pleasant and not somber and somewhat soul-less like the Veyron.

:lol:lol:lol Your right, but I doubt the people who shelled out 1.5 million or so for the Veyron would agree! :lol:lol:lol

Liscia
18th February 2009, 15:27
Understand that I do like the Veyron but it is to me a rather heavy-handed design
meant to convey the substantiality of the car, what the RR Phantom is to sedans.

Liscia
18th February 2009, 15:27
Understand that I do like the Veyron but it is to me a rather heavy-handed design
meant to convey the substantiality of the car, what the RR Phantom is to sedans.

CPU
18th February 2009, 15:59
amazing!!!

Wildcat
18th February 2009, 17:32
Chassis replica of the MC12 to me...