PDA

View Full Version : Reprimand/Warning Counter

vecchiasignora
13th June 2010, 14:53
Let us count the number of reprimands our rivals are taking. I am starting to lose the count.
Its like they are allowed to cheat, and they escape with reprimands. This is becoming a joke.

Julie B
13th June 2010, 15:01
Think Lewis has 3 already - weaving on the pit straight, the to-doo with Vettel and now this, anyone know how many you can get before it gets serious and a penalty is issued ?

DBXdarkangel
13th June 2010, 15:23
Seems its as many as u like is your name is Shamilton.

Lesky
13th June 2010, 16:00
Was it Hamilton or McLaren that got the reprimand this time around?

PEN_F1
13th June 2010, 17:41
hopefully they will spank them hard and diqualify the whole team ,thus givin the win to alonso !!

Ste
13th June 2010, 18:10
Yet another time when Lewis should have had a penalty today. Shocking. That has to be 4 or 5 times this season he's gone un-punished. :roll

Agron
13th June 2010, 18:35
I'm just too **** off to comment, they know they can get away with anything.

Naeem
13th June 2010, 18:39
I want some serious penalties for the back markers that cost us today.

Stormsearcher
13th June 2010, 18:40
strangely this is how it used to be with MS when he was winning with ferrari. Yes, extremely frustrating!!!
Dont think they will penalise him unless and until he has the championship wrapped up and the loss of position or points wont harm him.

Hornet
13th June 2010, 18:49
Ever since Lewis got away with being towed back on track while he's in the car, it becomes less surprising now

If you can get away with being towed while you're sitting in the car, you can get away with anything

zakfourie
13th June 2010, 18:53
what does reprimand mean...? :oops

Sorry English is my 2nd Language...:-)

Ste
13th June 2010, 18:54
what does reprimand mean...? :oops

Sorry English is my 2nd Language...:-)

It's a warning. :-)

steelstallions
13th June 2010, 19:04
Let us count the number of reprimands our rivals are taking. I am starting to lose the count.
Its like they are allowed to cheat, and they escape with reprimands. This is becoming a joke.

It seems to me nothing will be done until someone is injured or killed before anything happens. Eventually two cars side by side in the pits will clash and thats a lot of people in the way when they spin out into pit crew.

VresiBerba
13th June 2010, 19:35

Lewis 2 (possibly only one)
Vettel 1
Webber 1

So four, you lost count at four?

Greig
13th June 2010, 19:38
Lewis 3, so guess you can't count much better :-)

Track weaving, pitlane release, qualifying out of fuel

zakfourie
13th June 2010, 19:40
:lol:lol:lol

VresiBerba
13th June 2010, 20:04
Lewis 3, so guess you can't count much better :-)

Track weaving, pitlane release, qualifying out of fuel

Lewis wasn't given a reprimand in Malaysia. Sorry.

Greig
13th June 2010, 20:07
Lewis wasn't given a reprimand in Malaysia. Sorry.

Errrmmm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8626957.stm

Hamilton was only given a warning following his behaviour in Malaysia, but the drivers agreed with Whiting that in future any similar manoeuvres would be reported to the stewards for them to take a view on whether to issue a penalty.

"I think the ruling was fair at the race and Charlie - I believe he took a fair decision and gave us a warning for that not to happen again," Hamilton added.

VresiBerba
13th June 2010, 20:19
Errrmmm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8626957.stm

Can you read? What's the topic of this thread, again?

Updated REPRIMAND counter, not warning counter:
Lewis 2
Webber 1
Vettel 1
Alguersuari 1

Zum, 5

VresiBerba
13th June 2010, 20:31
Lewis 2
Webber 1
Vettel 1
Alguersuari 1
Kubica 1

Zum, 6

I thought this was interesting, is anyone following?

DIEK
13th June 2010, 20:33
http://personal.telefonica.terra.es/web/jad/schumi.jpg

:rotfl

Greig
13th June 2010, 20:36
Can you read? What's the topic of this thread, again?

Lewis 2
Webber 1
Vettel 1
Alguersuari 1

Zum, 5

Go look in the dictionary for reprimand LOL can you read? You have not changed....still wrong :-)

VresiBerba
13th June 2010, 20:46
Go look in the dictionary for reprimand LOL can you read? You have not changed....still wrong :-)

Why would I need to consult a dictionary when the Formula One stewards say that Lewis has two (2) reprimands. You think a dictionary changes the stewards decisions from two reprimands to three because your semantic interpretation from a dictionary merge 'warning' and 'reprimand'. How about reading the rules instead of dictionary's, the former is somewhat more relevant, don't you think.

If you want to know what a Formula One drive-through penalty is, do you: A, pick up a dictionary, or do you B, pick up the Formula One rule book?

Greig
13th June 2010, 20:50
Why would I need to consult a dictionary when the Formula One stewards say that Lewis has two (2) reprimands. You think a dictionary changes the stewards decisions from two reprimands to three because your semantic interpretation from a dictionary merge 'warning' and 'reprimand'. How about reading the rules instead of dictionary's, the former is somewhat more relevant, don't you think.

I will change thread title to avoid you further confusion :-)

3 for Lewis not 2 :-)

VresiBerba
13th June 2010, 21:39
I will change thread title to avoid you further confusion :-)

3 for Lewis not 2 :-)

But the Malaysian Grand Prix is over, so you might as well strike that warning because it no longer applies, Lewis' two reprimands however linger. Not that I want to correct you again or somesuch, it just smells a bit of desperation when you resort to moving the goal posts by editing the thread title instead of admitting error.

Greig
13th June 2010, 21:47
But the Malaysian Grand Prix is over, so you might as well strike that warning because it no longer applies, Lewis' two reprimands however linger. Not that I want to correct you again or somesuch, it just smells a bit of desperation when you resort to moving the goal posts by editing the thread title instead of admitting error.

Yet the article I posted Lewis says he will get a penalty if he does it again :-) so yes it still applies

Ste
13th June 2010, 21:48
Greig is right, Lewis has had 3 reprimands/warnings (they're the same thing).

Maybe even 4.

VresiBerba
13th June 2010, 23:33
Yet the article I posted Lewis says he will get a penalty if he does it again :-) so yes it still applies

Lewis meant if anyone does it again:

Hamilton was only given a warning following his behaviour in Malaysia, but the drivers agreed with Whiting that in future any similar manoeuvres would be reported to the stewards for them to take a view on whether to issue a penalty.
Lewis was given a black and white flag in Malaysia which means he got a warning for dangerous driving in that race, and that race alone. Whiting subsequently told the drivers that what Lewis was warned about during the race would no longer be accepted to only be given a black and white flag, but be sanctioned further. It still was a warning and the warning was for that race alone, you needn't edit the thread title to prove me wrong, unless you're unable to argue your case.

By the way, did you ask the thread starter if it was okay to edit the title of the thread. I would hate for him to log on tomorrow only to find you hijacked the thread to settle a four year old grudge with me.

REPRIMAND counter, not warning counter:
Lewis 2
Webber 1
Vettel 1
Alguersuari 1
Kubica 1

Zum: 6

VresiBerba
13th June 2010, 23:38
(they're the same thing).

Yeah, sure they are. It's the same thing the minute a drive-through penalty is the same thing as a stop-and-go penalty is.

kazi
14th June 2010, 03:00
http://www.anticontrast.com/images/gifs/mj_popcorn.gif

I love threads like this.

XXX132
14th June 2010, 04:52
The point is, warning/reprimand /slap on the wrist, whatever you want to call it, drivers are getting away with potentially dangerous driving that would have been dealt with more severly in other seasons. :-!

If this is the face of the post-Max-caring-sharing-FIA or a result of having ex-drivers as stewards, I don't know. But I wouldn't want to be a mechanic in one of the garages at the end of pit lane :-E

Hornet
14th June 2010, 05:36
The point is, warning/reprimand /slap on the wrist, whatever you want to call it, drivers are getting away with potentially dangerous driving that would have been dealt with more severly in other seasons. :-!

If this is the face of the post-Max-caring-sharing-FIA or a result of having ex-drivers as stewards, I don't know. But I wouldn't want to be a mechanic in one of the garages at the end of pit lane :-E

Very well said

It doesn't matter what we call it or how we want to count it technically, the point is Lewis isn't getting any punishment for his dangerous moves, and he still show no sign of changing. After what happened with Vettel in the pits, he still doesn't change

Sianellen
14th June 2010, 05:40
Its kind of gone from one extreme to another I guess. There were definatly too many penalties being dished out last season for pretty much any mistake by anyone but now this season they seem a bit lapse on them, especially when they seem to be repeat offenses in some cases.

Greig
14th June 2010, 07:03
Yeah, sure they are. It's the same thing the minute a drive-through penalty is the same thing as a stop-and-go penalty is.

They are both warnings, just as they are both penalty's :-) very easy to understand for most people. If Lewis weaves again he will be up for a penalty, correct or wrong?

Tifosi
14th June 2010, 07:43
Very well said

It doesn't matter what we call it or how we want to count it technically, the point is Lewis isn't getting any punishment for his dangerous moves, and he still show no sign of changing. After what happened with Vettel in the pits, he still doesn't change

To be fair to Hami (am I mad?), unless there is a rule to say you cant cross the line/drive next to another car in the pitlane then Hami is GOING to do it. They should simply say that if you are on the inside you MUST yield and ban 2 a breast. Logically this should account for situations where one driver gets to the pitlane first and the other "joins him late".

If they want to keep the excitement however, then they run the risk of this kind of issue occurring.

xinebessa
16th June 2010, 12:11
At the risk of being shouted down here... wasn't the issue that Lewis was released into the path of Vettel, that makes it the mechanics fault not his. I should think that he was quite suprised to find Vettel alongside him and then racing driver instinct will have kicked in... "must stay in front... must stay in front... must stay in front"... kind of like a dog with a bone... "must chew bone... must chew bone... must chew bone...".

I think it does require some looking at, racing in the pit lane is dangerous, racing should stop as soon as you leave the main circuit.

Brakefade
16th June 2010, 22:56
We need to have a football/soccer card system. I would love to see an FIA official storm into in the Mclaren pit and shove this in Ramilton's face.

http://aristhessalonikis.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/webquest-soccer-red-card.jpg

XXX132
17th June 2010, 04:51
LOL

Can you put a Ferrari badge on it? :lol

Sempre_Ferrari
17th June 2010, 12:18
LOL

Can you put a Ferrari badge on it? :lol

;-)

Raz
18th June 2010, 05:40
the case withe reprimands and lewser - especially lewser is that surely he'll go one step further next time and over step the line.. he's practically getting away with murder at this rate

Bobnkill
18th June 2010, 07:05
Personnally I really like the fact that there is no more penalty. There are 2 incident that I believe it would have been appropriate, in australia when webber ran in the back of hamilton and in canada when schumacher change of line in the braking zone in front of massa because those 2 incident cause harm to the other drivers. All the others incident that your refering was a close call maybe but nothing happened so why penalise. Let them race!

Alessandra
19th June 2010, 13:06
http://www.anticontrast.com/images/gifs/mj_popcorn.gif

I love threads like this.

Yeah......wonderful:-D

brembo man
20th June 2010, 02:42
Lewis truly is becoming acknowledged, the second Shumacher,and is being treated as such.

bladeswing
25th June 2010, 02:24
Well talk about Lewis' driving... :lol

Group pushes for Hamilton to lose Swiss license E-mail

Jun.24 (GMM) A road-crash victim's foundation is calling for Lewis Hamilton to be banned from Swiss roads.

In the wake of the 2008 world champion's so-called 'hoon' hire-car driving incident in March, his girlfriend told a celebrity magazine this month that the pair remain wild at the wheel.

"He's like, 'Babe, you're driving with your knees!" singer Nicole Scherzinger told Maxim magazine.

"I'm doing my makeup, changing the radio ..."

The Pussycat Doll also joked that the pair would be banned if it emerged how fast they had driven in Switzerland, where Hamilton rents an apartment.

In response, the safety group RoadCross revealed it has asked the local attorney general to revoke Hamilton's Swiss driving license, also because the McLaren driver crashed after running a stop sign last year.

A spokesman said: "Public figures should be conscious that they are role models and adopt exemplary driving behaviour."

Swiss politician Pius Segmuller told Blick newspaper that he supports the campaign.

"I think they (Hamilton and Scherzinger) show an absolute lack of character. With these statements, he is a bad role model for all the young people who idolise him."

Alfettafan
28th June 2010, 05:02
Add passing the Safety Car under yellow flag conditions to our hero's list of rule infractions. Last time he passed a carin these conditions he lied about it (Trulli, Australian GP) and was disqualified, this time an ineffective drive through - ridiculous !

Raz
28th June 2010, 05:45
He should have been Black Flagged properly for that:furious

mad_ani
28th June 2010, 05:55
Well talk about Lewis' driving... :lol

Group pushes for Hamilton to lose Swiss license E-mail

Jun.24 (GMM) A road-crash victim's foundation is calling for Lewis Hamilton to be banned from Swiss roads.

In the wake of the 2008 world champion's so-called 'hoon' hire-car driving incident in March, his girlfriend told a celebrity magazine this month that the pair remain wild at the wheel.

"He's like, 'Babe, you're driving with your knees!" singer Nicole Scherzinger told Maxim magazine.

"I'm doing my makeup, changing the radio ..."

The Pussycat Doll also joked that the pair would be banned if it emerged how fast they had driven in Switzerland, where Hamilton rents an apartment.

In response, the safety group RoadCross revealed it has asked the local attorney general to revoke Hamilton's Swiss driving license, also because the McLaren driver crashed after running a stop sign last year.

A spokesman said: "Public figures should be conscious that they are role models and adopt exemplary driving behaviour."

Swiss politician Pius Segmuller told Blick newspaper that he supports the campaign.

"I think they (Hamilton and Scherzinger) show an absolute lack of character. With these statements, he is a bad role model for all the young people who idolise him."

:lol Not the first time hez done that