PDA

View Full Version : Anything can happen · Posted by Felipe Massa

Rob
17th June 2010, 19:10
June 17, 2010

I got back home from Canada on Monday, which meant I was in plenty of time to watch Brazil’s first game in the World Cup against North Korea. To be honest, I expected something better, as their style of play was not that exciting and not very “Brazil.” Anyway, the important thing is that we won, which is what counts at the end. Probably the fact it was the first game meant the teams are very aware they need to make a good start and so do not play as well as they are able. We are up against two good teams next, Ivory Coast and Portugal so it will be important to do well in this first qualifying stage.

If I expected something better from the football, you could use the same words to describe how I felt about the Canadian Grand Prix. It was a bad weekend, especially when you consider I had a very good car for the race and was expecting to pick up a significant number of points. But then I was caught up in the accident at the first corner, sandwiched between Button and Liuzzi, which removed any chance of a clean race and a strong finish. I had a good start and was making up places on the way to the first corner, but then I had to pit for a new nose and that was it. Even after that setback, I was heading for the points in the closing stages: I was tenth, but Michael (Schumacher) who was ahead of me was much slower, maybe three seconds and Buemi in front of him was also slow, so I was in with a chance of finishing eighth. But then came the problem with Michael. He closed the door on me too much. He braked on the right and moved across to the left where I was. There was nothing I could do, as I was already on the limit of my braking and when he moved across even more, he broke my front wing.

On the positive side, the car was much more competitive in Canada than in Turkey, which is a good basis on which to go to Valencia for the next race. The street circuit there is not so different in terms of its characteristics to the Montreal track and on top of that, we expect to have some more updates for the F10 to make it even more competitive with those ahead of us in the championship. Valencia has not produced very exciting races so far, but I enjoy the track, as the only time I have raced there, in 2008 – it was one of the races I missed last year after my accident – I won. It would be nice to think we could be in with a chance of doing the same again this time.

Before going to Valencia, today I am in Maranello to prepare for the next race on the simulator. I enjoy this preparation, as it is very similar to doing a normal day of testing at a real circuit, as you drive from early in the morning until the end of the afternoon. We see how the car works, starting with a set-up mainly based on the previous year’s race and then we can change just about everything, as you would do in real life at the track. We even use it to test new components that have never been fitted on the car before and I am linked by radio to my race engineer, just as I would be in reality. Then I will return home to spend the weekend in Monaco, probably watching more of the World Cup, after which it will be time to head for Valencia and the chance to make up for the disappointment of Canada. With the unpredictable nature of this year’s championship anything can happen and I am sure we can be in the fight for the top places come Sunday in Spain.

www.ferrari.com

racingbradley
17th June 2010, 20:00
That was a great read. Thanks for posting it Rob:-).

Alessandra
18th June 2010, 16:44
That was a great read. Thanks for posting it Rob:-).

Yes, I agree and thank you, Felipe.

I'm just amazed at how very few have replied to either of our drivers' blogs!! Perhaps people are just plain over-awed!!!:-D

Rob
18th June 2010, 18:44
was a shame in Canada especially the button luizi trip up and then MS blocking. But that is behind and roll on Valencia. We will be having very strong race.

Should bring back testing, simulators good, but nothing like the real thing.

Alonsomaniac
18th June 2010, 22:59
This Alonsofan would like to see Felipe on the podium again. He deserves it and it is important that he gets his momentum back.

Rob
19th June 2010, 13:13
This Alonsofan would like to see Felipe on the podium again. He deserves it and it is important that he gets his momentum back.

he sure does deserve it, and it would help him great deal. Cannt wait for next weekend.

Suzie
19th June 2010, 13:16

:thumb
It'd certainly make this Massa fan very happy - especially seeing as he missed Valencia last year. It's about time he got back onto the podium where he belongs. Who knows with the updates... there's a lot to feel positive about.

Hornet
19th June 2010, 18:20
Should bring back testing, simulators good, but nothing like the real thing.

This makes too much sense for the FIA:-P

Anyway, sometimes it takes luck to be in the right position to make the most out of even a good car, and Canada was just a very unlucky weekend for us.
Hopefully we'll continue to do well in the next race, with better luck

brembo man
20th June 2010, 10:39

Do you know who Stochelo Rosenberg is?

schuey612
20th June 2010, 11:43
great read and great to hear him so positive. we could be in for some great results from now on, all we need is a bit more luck.

Agron
20th June 2010, 13:08
I've read that Pat Fry, previous chief engineer of McLaren has joined Ferrari, any news on that and what it may mean to the Scuderia?

mandzipop
20th June 2010, 13:10
I've read that Pat Fry, previous chief engineer of McLaren has joined Ferrari, any news on that and what it may mean to the Scuderia?

I've read it too. Not sure that I believe it though.

Ferraristka
20th June 2010, 14:37
Informations about Pat and Ferrari

http://www.fantasyracings.com/2010/06/pat-fry-and-ferrari-start-attack-for-the-second-phase-of-championship/

Suzie
20th June 2010, 14:46
Seems to be foreign reports only so far, I can't find anything in English.
If it IS true, what role could he possibly be taking up within the team?

mustaqim
21st June 2010, 08:07
hopefully ferrari can make 1-2 finish in next races...i like to see that..

Anni
21st June 2010, 11:25
hopefully ferrari can make 1-2 finish in next races...i like to see that..

:thumb

Would be very nice. Especially after all the bad luck of the last races.