PDA

View Full Version : FIA may take action as Ferrari moan over Lewis Hamilton penalty

Greig
28th June 2010, 17:27
Ferrari could face action from the FIA following their claims that Sunday's European Grand Prix had been "manipulated". A number of officials from the sport's governing body are known to be angered by the Scuderia's intemperate response after the penalty drive-through awarded against Lewis Hamilton for overtaking the safety car did not prevent the British driver from finishing second in Spain and doubling his lead in the title race to six points.

The world "scandal" appeared on Ferrari's official website, the team principal Stefano Domenicali said he was angry and Fernando Alonso, who finished eighth, claimed that it had been a "manipulated race".

Replays did show that Hamilton was guilty of breaking the rules – though it was a hairline decision – but FIA officials were at pains to point out that the delay in implementing Hamilton's punishment was a mere seven minutes and not the 20 laps claimed by Alonso.

Yesterday they were still seeing red at Ferrari. The team's vice-president, Piero Ferrari, said: "I am incredulous and bitter, not just for Ferrari, but for the sport as a whole, as this is not the sort of thing one expects from professionals."

But there is a widespread feeling in the sport that the pressure is beginning to get to Ferrari. The pre-season favourites have been a massive disappointment since winning the opening race in Bahrain. In Valencia, on Alonso's home soil, they were expected to regroup and much was expected from their upgraded car. But Alonso again finished down the field and Felipe Massa, who is showing signs that he is not the driver he once was, was back in 11th.

When Red Bull's team principal, Christian Horner, was asked if the race had been manipulated he said: "No, I don't think so. I think the safety car rules have not played out for Ferrari, and McLaren was perhaps a bit naughty with the way it worked it, but it got a penalty for that. Arguably it didn't cost them, but that's just the way it worked out. I don't think it was manipulated. The FIA just need to look at the safety car rules in the future."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/jun/28/ferrari-face-fia-action

Tifosi
28th June 2010, 17:28
No bias there then :lol

Greig
28th June 2010, 17:29
I posted this just to laugh, love how they state we finished well down the field, negating to mention errrr why LOL, so funny journalism

Hermann
28th June 2010, 17:35
British press. Always attack, never defend.

There will be no such thing, no matter how much they would love this to happen.

http://www.ligasmotor.es/2010/06/28/la-fia-no-tomara-medidas-disciplinarias-contra-ferrari/

"Según fuentes de la FIA, el órgano rector no está considerando ninguna acción sobre el piloto y la escudería."

Translation: "According to souces of FIA, the governing body is not considering any action on the driver or the team."

But i would like to see them consider action about the strange things going on in Valencia.

crewskas
28th June 2010, 17:40
I really would love FIA to give us a penalty...
Not only they will show his empathy in obvious facts, but they will keep favorite McCheaters...!
(I wish after that Luca take the team and go and make his own league with manufacturers...! ;-) )

epiclyaddicted
28th June 2010, 17:53
But there is a widespread feeling in the sport that the pressure is beginning to get to Ferrari. The pre-season favourites have been a massive disappointment since winning the opening race in Bahrain. In Valencia, on Alonso's home soil, they were expected to regroup and much was expected from their upgraded car. But Alonso again finished down the field and Felipe Massa, who is showing signs that he is not the driver he once was, was back in 11th.

What a joke! Of course the pressure is getting to us isn't it? After all, we are only a drinks company who've only been taking part in F1 for just a couple of years now. Oh no, wait... :lou

And how they comfortably forgot to mention that at the time the SC came out, Alonso was the fastest man out there and Massa was more than matching the pace of the leaders, and that without the SC Ferrari was on course for a double podium finish whereas their favourite Hamilton would have lost time in the pits changing his front wing and thus would've ended up behind the two Ferraris.

But why let the truth get in the way of a good story eh? Specially when it lets you have a dig at Ferrari! :roll

Greig
28th June 2010, 17:53
British press. Always attack, never defend.

There will be no such thing, no matter how much they would love this to happen.

http://www.ligasmotor.es/2010/06/28/la-fia-no-tomara-medidas-disciplinarias-contra-ferrari/

"Según fuentes de la FIA, el órgano rector no está considerando ninguna acción sobre el piloto y la escudería."

Translation: "According to souces of FIA, the governing body is not considering any action on the driver or the team."

But i would like to see them consider action about the strange things going on in Valencia.

How is the Spanish press doing in all this, defending the FIA? :-)

xpman
28th June 2010, 18:00
Most Money is made in USA sales so Leave F1 join Indy racing and develope indy racing to a 15 USA +10 OUTSIDE USA RACING year 25 races . Plus Indy rules are simpler and easier to Understand and develope the car. As I I understand Indy are thinking allow teams once again designe there own cars if they want just get them change allow other engines in and alls well.

hogo
28th June 2010, 18:07
Most Money is made in USA sales so Leave F1 join Indy racing and develope indy racing to a 15 USA +10 OUTSIDE USA RACING year 25 races . Plus Indy rules are simpler and easier to Understand and develope the car. As I I understand Indy are thinking allow teams once again designe there own cars if they want just get them change allow other engines in and alls well.
love this idea, oh and Indy cars are way better looking now anyways.

Greig
28th June 2010, 18:26
LOL yeah the Italians would love that one, seriously

Suzie
28th June 2010, 18:46
Felipe Massa, who is showing signs that he is not the driver he once was, was back in 11th.

That'll be those pesky flying springs again, slowing Felipe down :roll

Agron
28th June 2010, 19:18
Brit press at it's best. Hamilton overtakes the safety car in what is the most blatant piece of cheating in years: willingly, knowingly and clear for all to see; both him and his team go unpunished, and all the paper is willing to comment is how Ferrari moans and how Felipe is not his older self.
Even though without Webbers retarded overtake he would have been 4th in front of Button and Webber, and possibly even third before Hamilton.

Suzie
28th June 2010, 19:38
I know... and that's not even a tabloid - The Guardian is supposed to be a 'decent' newspaper.

Nova
28th June 2010, 19:39
Speaking of the fia...whatever happened to Todt????? Could he actually be a worse leader than Mosley?

It appears he may be on holiday...I really thought some of the bias would disappear under his watch...silly me...

Stormsearcher
28th June 2010, 19:52
Brit press at it's best. Hamilton overtakes the safety car in what is the most blatant piece of cheating in years: willingly, knowingly and clear for all to see; both him and his team go unpunished, and all the paper is willing to comment is how Ferrari moans and how Felipe is not his older self.
Even though without Webbers retarded overtake he would have been 4th in front of Button and Webber, and possibly even third before Hamilton.

+2:thumb

Am reading some of the articles, and its plain infuriating how incredibly biased the press is. I just want us to cream the McCheaters at silverstone... on their home ground. :furious

KurtC
28th June 2010, 20:17
This is a race to forget... was really upset at the end, was so excited to see a battle in the front, when Alonso and Massa were starting to do fast laps, then Webber had to make a stupid mistake that led to the Safety Car fiasco..... can't believe Ferrari can have that bad luck :-??

Stormsearcher
28th June 2010, 20:19
I agree. It was promising to be a very exciting race and a good points haul. I think both our cars had the pace to haul in Lewis at the very least... not sure if we would have caught vettel. This entire season has been a series of bad incidents and luck playing its part against us. :-(
Hopefully the season can turn, starting silverstone.

Tifosi
28th June 2010, 21:07
Speaking of the fia...whatever happened to Todt????? Could he actually be a worse leader than Mosley?

It appears he may be on holiday...I really thought some of the bias would disappear under his watch...silly me...

I think you're confusing bias with ineptitude. The FIA haven't changed and I doubt they ever will. They are an organisation run by politics and rules they cant even clarify in a timely fashion.

They are comparable to all Governments really. They seek to constantly control what they are out of touch with and they are accountable to absolutely no-one. Doesn't matter who fills the posts, the beaurocracy and political power is ingrained and always will be.

If F1 relied on the FIA to pay its way in the world, it would have been made bankrupt many many years ago. The good of the sport or the competition is irrelevant. It's what the beaurocracy and politics decree on the day that determines the outcome.

If you accept that then you can live with it. If you believe it should/will change, you'll be waiting a long time.

Alonsomaniac
28th June 2010, 21:21
If anything really is completely unimportant to us, it´s the British press.
I really do not care a bit about what they think, write or say or flush through the toilet.........it´s all the same sh~t......

ICEMAN_89
28th June 2010, 21:41

So a drive trough isn't a punishment these days huh? Everyone is overreacting about this hole thing, heck some people even claim that the race was manipulated and that it took the FIA 20 laps to give Hamilton his Drive through, GET REAL! it took 7 minutes. Not 30 min or 20 laps or whatever Alonso thought. Back in the days when Ferrari cheated it was okey or what?

Tifosi
28th June 2010, 21:50
Kimi's site must be down! :-)

Greig
28th June 2010, 21:56
So a drive trough isn't a punishment these days huh? Everyone is overreacting about this hole thing, heck some people even claim that the race was manipulated and that it took the FIA 20 laps to give Hamilton his Drive through, GET REAL! it took 7 minutes. Not 30 min or 20 laps or whatever Alonso thought. Back in the days when Ferrari cheated it was okey or what?

Ok :-)

Hi ppl :wave
After reading all posts here http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/showthread.php/27035-European-GP-2010-Official-Race-Thread/page2 we can calculate time needed from Stewards to know about Hamilton's incident and their time of response...

14:22: m schumy posts SC on track
http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/showthread.php/27035-European-GP-2010-Official-Race-Thread?p=610002#post610002

14:42 Greig posts Lewis under investigation, and Vettel too please surely?

http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/showthread.php/27035-European-GP-2010-Official-Race-Thread?p=610084#post610084

14:49 m schumy posts Lewis gets a drive-through!!!! Yessss!!!!

http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/showthread.php/27035-European-GP-2010-Official-Race-Thread?p=610109#post610109

14:54 Hermann posts See? Nothing happened. Still P2. Like expected

http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/showthread.php/27035-European-GP-2010-Official-Race-Thread?p=610132#post610132

It's take them 20 mins from Sc incident till they announce their investigation, after that they takes 7 mins since they start investigation till they announce Hamilton's penalty (oh they're saying the truth...but what about 20 previous mins????). Hamilton did his best 5 mins later with a drive-through...(excellent gap isn't it?)

say what now?

straycat
28th June 2010, 22:35
they want to dispose of Ferrari... but the idiots dont realize that if Ferrari goes so does the interest in this once exciting sport.

NJB13
29th June 2010, 01:07
I love this description:-

Replays did show that Hamilton was guilty of breaking the rules – though it was a hairline decision

This ~6' is a "hairline" at the Guradian
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv319/spankyham/safetycar1.jpg

Wouldn't want to buy any real estate advertised in that paper.

P.S. The writers wife was probably excited when she first heard him say it was 9"

Brakefade
29th June 2010, 02:22
Why didn't the FIA deploy the SC sooner (in front of the leader) or wait till the last guy crossed the SC line? Seems like they released the SC with the intention of wedging it between LH and FA. And I know Alonso is going over the top, but it's good for us. We need to put pressure on the FIA and not let them get away with this (mistake or otherwise) without saying a word. The FIA can't loose credibility, they have none left.

Agron
29th June 2010, 02:30
So a drive trough isn't a punishment these days huh? Everyone is overreacting about this hole thing, heck some people even claim that the race was manipulated and that it took the FIA 20 laps to give Hamilton his Drive through, GET REAL! it took 7 minutes. Not 30 min or 20 laps or whatever Alonso thought. Back in the days when Ferrari cheated it was okey or what?Please spare us the demagogy. If you give someone a penalty that has no effect, due to delaying it until the disadvantage can be negated, you aren't giving them a penalty at all. I'm sure there have been more retarded penalties in other sports, but this one is right there with the very best, and Ferrari, Alonso and Massa have every right to protest.

And don't tell me that's the penalty for overtaking the safety car and they had to apply the rules, because every team was expecting 25s penalties and instead we had those 5s penalties, that I agree were more fair than a drive through. Given the circumstances, a stop&go was the minimum penalty Hamilton should have received to make it an actual penalty to undo his unfair gain, instead we had this joke.

aroutis
29th June 2010, 02:51
Ferrari could face action from the FIA following their claims that Sunday's European Grand Prix had been "manipulated". A number of officials from the sport's governing body are known to be angered by the Scuderia's intemperate response after the penalty drive-through awarded against Lewis Hamilton for overtaking the safety car did not prevent the British driver from finishing second in Spain and doubling his lead in the title race to six points.

The world "scandal" appeared on Ferrari's official website, the team principal Stefano Domenicali said he was angry and Fernando Alonso, who finished eighth, claimed that it had been a "manipulated race".

Replays did show that Hamilton was guilty of breaking the rules – though it was a hairline decision – but FIA officials were at pains to point out that the delay in implementing Hamilton's punishment was a mere seven minutes and not the 20 laps claimed by Alonso.

Yesterday they were still seeing red at Ferrari. The team's vice-president, Piero Ferrari, said: "I am incredulous and bitter, not just for Ferrari, but for the sport as a whole, as this is not the sort of thing one expects from professionals."

When Red Bull's team principal, Christian Horner, was asked if the race had been manipulated he said: "No, I don't think so. I think the safety car rules have not played out for Ferrari, and McLaren was perhaps a bit naughty with the way it worked it, but it got a penalty for that. Arguably it didn't cost them, but that's just the way it worked out. I don't think it was manipulated. The FIA just need to look at the safety car rules in the future."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/jun/28/ferrari-face-fia-actionGuardian trash.

aroutis
29th June 2010, 02:55
LOL yeah the Italians would love that one, seriously

Just as much as they love Abu dhabi, Turkey, and all those "exotic" rubish tracks that Bernie has put in F1 and of course keeps getting in... and let's not forget his comments that Italy cannot possibly have 2 race tracks (whereas Spain obviously can?).

Noone of course could forbid an italian track in a new venue.

vcs316
29th June 2010, 03:31
No FIA action after Ferrari rage

F1's governing body is not expected to take action against Fernando Alonso or Ferrari.

The Italian team's response to the outcome of the Valencia race has been incandescent, including Fernando Alonso saying Lewis Hamilton's meagre treatment by the stewards amounted to "manipulation".

Ferrari vice-president Piero Ferrari said the mere drive-through penalty for McLaren driver Hamilton's overtaking of the safety car made the European GP a "false race".

And reports on the team's official website have quoted fans as saying Hamilton is a liar and a cheat, McLaren "thieves", and the FIA a "Federation of clowns".

British newspaper The Mirror correspondent Byron Young wrote on Twitter that in "Max Mosley's day", sanctions would now be likely, adding: "Are the FIA going to act or will Jean Todt dodge the first big F1 test of his presidency?"

According to sources on Monday, the FIA is not considering action.

theodorus8864
29th June 2010, 03:41

F1's governing body is not expected to take action against Fernando Alonso or Ferrari.

The Italian team's response to the outcome of the Valencia race has been incandescent, including Fernando Alonso saying Lewis Hamilton's meagre treatment by the stewards amounted to "manipulation".

Ferrari vice-president Piero Ferrari said the mere drive-through penalty for McLaren driver Hamilton's overtaking of the safety car made the European GP a "false race".

And reports on the team's official website have quoted fans as saying Hamilton is a liar and a cheat, McLaren "thieves", and the FIA a "Federation of clowns".

British newspaper The Mirror correspondent Byron Young wrote on Twitter that in "Max Mosley's day", sanctions would now be likely, adding: "Are the FIA going to act or will Jean Todt dodge the first big F1 test of his presidency?"

Smart move huh..., getting into the nerve of Prancing Horse and sure they can't afford losing more than half of the F1 fans.

Hornet
29th June 2010, 03:49

I was wondering when the press is going to bring Jean Todt in.:lol

XXX132
29th June 2010, 04:32
If nothing else, Mark Webber at least gave everyone a good look at the RBs magic undertray...:clap

mad_ani
29th June 2010, 04:54
If nothing else, Mark Webber at least gave everyone a good look at the RBs magic undertray...:clap

Like we did in Monaco???
http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/wp-content/uploads/F.Alonso_Monaco10_074i1.jpg

Agron
29th June 2010, 04:57

According to sources on Monday, the FIA is not considering action.More insanity, they should be asking when a replacement for Whiting is going to be hired, not if the ones at fault are going to silence by force or if they "will be merciful" with those disadvantaged. It feels like 2007 all over again, with the press creating a parallel world for those that have already decided to believe before they start to read their articles.

mad_ani
29th June 2010, 05:05
Why didn't the FIA deploy the SC sooner (in front of the leader) or wait till the last guy crossed the SC line? Seems like they released the SC with the intention of wedging it between LH and FA. And I know Alonso is going over the top, but it's good for us. We need to put pressure on the FIA and not let them get away with this (mistake or otherwise) without saying a word. The FIA can't loose credibility, they have none left.

The SC and medical cars are parked at the end of the pitlane....and are usually deployed from there...Vettel was far ahead in front of the pack....We need to get the rules changed as its done with FOTA.....not just FIA alone....so the blame is also on Ferrari and teams...they could have thought of this at the start of the season...

Alonso's moaning is not good, and is in contempt of the stewards, although SD has insisted it hwas a "hot" moment....If he doesnt want to race in F1 (since hez doesnt consider F1 a sport--Monza 06)..he should start racing somewhere else..he was happy to benifit from SC in 2008 Singapore...but now races become manipulated???

Massa too was disappointed and lost heavily due to the double pitstop...but wasnt extreme as Alonso in his remarks...

If Ferrari appeal against the 5 s penalties...that is totally justified...

sky
29th June 2010, 06:17
Hamilton was black flagged at Imola GP2 2010 race for overtaking the safety car
Why the hell was he not black flagged in this instance?

no penalty for weaving on the race track
no penalty for racing in pitlanes
no penalty for under fueling in montreal quali
no penalty for racing in pitlane in montreal again!!
drive through for overtaking SC which should have been black flagged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ferrari should take action against FIA for
- hurting their cause by not waving blue flags in montreal
- hurting their cause by not black flagging hamilton in Valencia for overtaking the SC

Aussie
29th June 2010, 06:28
Ferrari 1 2 win in england will go down well

JRX164
29th June 2010, 07:02
I've been watching f1 for almost twenty years but I'm really getting fed-up with it now. With all the things teams aren't allowed to do or try anymore, every race you have to sit and wait until an 'incident' happens to make it 'interesting'. I want to watch races (and was used to see them) that are spectacular without incidents behind a safety-car. But as long as Ferrari takes part in f1, I'll keep watching because I want to see them win every championship they compete in. Even if it's this stupid series of parade laps.

Greig
29th June 2010, 08:00
Just as much as they love Abu dhabi, Turkey, and all those "exotic" rubish tracks that Bernie has put in F1 and of course keeps getting in... and let's not forget his comments that Italy cannot possibly have 2 race tracks (whereas Spain obviously can?).

So Ferrari's fans will be happy to see them leave F1, and run on ovals, ok :-)

crewskas
29th June 2010, 08:12
It was 2006, in the GP2 race in Imola, and Lewis overtook the safety car after falsely thinking he was being waved through when in fact it was waving through the Campos cars ahead of him. Lewis was leading the race at that time and should have stayed behind the safety car. His penalty? A black flag and disqualification from the race.

:Hmm

mad_ani
29th June 2010, 08:13

Wasnt Rome Gp for 2012 being considered until recently?? Germany had 2..Hockenheim and nurburgring....but wasnt it dropped bcoz both were non profitable???
Accidents dont make F1exciting...but strategic overtaking does...

Anni
29th June 2010, 08:17
Ferrari 1 2 win in england will go down well

:thumb:thumb:thumb

Just hope Alonso will cool down until then. If he and Hamilton will be too near in the race I fear Alonso would be a little bit prone to some kind of overreaction. He could be a bit too agressive as is good for his own race. Same goes for Massa too, of course, but I think he wasn´t as angry as Alonso was. Hope there will be a few cars as a bumper between our boys and Hamilton. (Our cars in front, of course :-))

Ant Raikkonen
29th June 2010, 09:10
Kimi's site must be down! :-)

:lol Yeah i was wondering what a Kimbot was doing here.

sky
29th June 2010, 09:49
:Hmm

FIA have been toooooo lenient on McCheaters

Hermann
29th June 2010, 11:37
:thumb:thumb:thumb

Just hope Alonso will cool down until then. If he and Hamilton will be too near in the race I fear Alonso would be a little bit prone to some kind of overreaction. He could be a bit too agressive as is good for his own race. Same goes for Massa too, of course, but I think he wasn´t as angry as Alonso was. Hope there will be a few cars as a bumper between our boys and Hamilton. (Our cars in front, of course :-))

'The result justify the means' is not Fernando's mantra. Its Hamiltons. Its Hamilton always driving on the edge with the rules. And he knows he is allowed to, and that the penalty will always be a minor one. All for the show.

dfunk257
29th June 2010, 11:38
I've been watching f1 for almost twenty years but I'm really getting fed-up with it now. With all the things teams aren't allowed to do or try anymore, every race you have to sit and wait until an 'incident' happens to make it 'interesting'. I want to watch races (and was used to see them) that are spectacular without incidents behind a safety-car. But as long as Ferrari takes part in f1, I'll keep watching because I want to see them win every championship they compete in. Even if it's this stupid series of parade laps.

This is my exact thoughts as well. It's so sad that we need a sc 2 make it interesting as u say, but really because of the FIA sc rules, it turns the race in2 a lottery, and I'm sorry but that's not racing and I'm sick of seeing races decided like that. Race positions b4 the safety car should be resumed after the safety car returns to the pits, that way all is fair and the race battles continue. It's such a simple thing but the FIA probably won't even consider this, and that's so disapointing and very sad 4 this sport.

usa1
29th June 2010, 12:04
THE FIA IS SAYING THAT IT TOOK THEM 7 MINUTES TO GIVE THE PENALTY TO MC.CLAREN. iF THEY CALCULATE THE TIME OF EACH LAP AND SEE FROM LAP 9 TO LAP 20 HOW MUCH TIME THERE IS IT WILL NOT BE 7 MINUTES LIKE THEY SAID. IT ONLY TAKES 1 MINUTE TO REVIEW WHAT HAPPENED SO WHY TAKE SUCH A LONG TIME. THEY MUST HAVE BEEN SLEEPING OR OLD AGE IS CATCHING UP TO THEM. JEAN TODT SHOULD TAKE SOME ACTION ON THIS AND COMPENSATE FERRARI FOR THIS STUPID MISHAP.

Anni
29th June 2010, 12:30
'The result justify the means' is not Fernando's mantra. Its Hamiltons. Its Hamilton always driving on the edge with the rules. And he knows he is allowed to, and that the penalty will always be a minor one. All for the show.

I didn´t want to say Alonso would seek revenge on purpose, just that he might overreact in some way if he and Hamilton get near each other on the track.

epiclyaddicted
29th June 2010, 12:52
THE FIA IS SAYING THAT IT TOOK THEM 7 MINUTES TO GIVE THE PENALTY TO MC.CLAREN. iF THEY CALCULATE THE TIME OF EACH LAP AND SEE FROM LAP 9 TO LAP 20 HOW MUCH TIME THERE IS IT WILL NOT BE 7 MINUTES LIKE THEY SAID. IT ONLY TAKES 1 MINUTE TO REVIEW WHAT HAPPENED SO WHY TAKE SUCH A LONG TIME. THEY MUST HAVE BEEN SLEEPING OR OLD AGE IS CATCHING UP TO THEM. JEAN TODT SHOULD TAKE SOME ACTION ON THIS AND COMPENSATE FERRARI FOR THIS STUPID MISHAP.

Just go easy on the Caps Lock please mate. :-)

MarlboroFA
29th June 2010, 14:19
I didn´t want to say Alonso would seek revenge on purpose, just that he might overreact in some way if he and Hamilton get near each other on the track.

First of all....What did you mean to say about Alonso race ??? That we are agressive ? That we try to resolve things with our hands ??
Don`t start that BS......
Alonso if he wanted to seek revenge that way don`t you think he would have allready done so after all what has happend .....
I have never seen Alonso running down the pitlane pushing everyone to get to a Mclaren garage.....

The course of action changed due to the stewards not intervening earlier, so the results where manipulated ..... So yes the race was manipulated like Alonso said.... Now did the FIA do this on purpose or not, I don`t know there have been to many incidents where Lewis has escaped with a reprimand....So I tend to believe that they favor Hamilton/Mclaren....
Hey but this is nothing new in the F1.....all the world knows that Prost also was a favorite with the FIA in the eighties due to the president being a frenchman.....

RedDragon
29th June 2010, 14:43
I think what Anni meant was that if Alonso and Hamilton come wheel to wheel on the track, Alonso might take an unnecessary risk to stay in front of him. With Hamilton's reputation that could be dangerous. With so many people still seething about what happened, it would be understandable for Alonso to still be upset but hopefully Alonso will have had enough time to cool down and clear his head. No one really knows for sure what is going on inside his mind right now, hopefully he is just out enjoying life for a few days, getting ready for the next race, not thinking about the one just ran.

aroutis
29th June 2010, 15:14
Wasnt Rome Gp for 2012 being considered until recently?? Germany had 2..Hockenheim and nurburgring....but wasnt it dropped bcoz both were non profitable???
Accidents dont make F1exciting...but strategic overtaking does...

I don't know if Rome is gonna happen, but when they were discussing Rome, Bernie said they cannot possibly have 2 Italian GP (meaning that Monza (!!!) has to go). Of course now that Monza 's renewed , one has to wonder what happens with Rome.

Anni
29th June 2010, 18:23
I think what Anni meant was that if Alonso and Hamilton come wheel to wheel on the track, Alonso might take an unnecessary risk to stay in front of him. With Hamilton's reputation that could be dangerous. With so many people still seething about what happened, it would be understandable for Alonso to still be upset but hopefully Alonso will have had enough time to cool down and clear his head. No one really knows for sure what is going on inside his mind right now, hopefully he is just out enjoying life for a few days, getting ready for the next race, not thinking about the one just ran.

Thank you, that´s exactly how I meant it, just didn´t know how to explain it!

Stormsearcher
29th June 2010, 21:05
The SC and medical cars are parked at the end of the pitlane....and are usually deployed from there...Vettel was far ahead in front of the pack....We need to get the rules changed as its done with FOTA.....not just FIA alone....so the blame is also on Ferrari and teams...they could have thought of this at the start of the season...

Alonso's moaning is not good, and is in contempt of the stewards, although SD has insisted it hwas a "hot" moment....If he doesnt want to race in F1 (since hez doesnt consider F1 a sport--Monza 06)..he should start racing somewhere else..he was happy to benifit from SC in 2008 Singapore...but now races become manipulated???

Massa too was disappointed and lost heavily due to the double pitstop...but wasnt extreme as Alonso in his remarks...

If Ferrari appeal against the 5 s penalties...that is totally justified...

Everyone at one point or another benefits from the SC.. I dont think his anger is that Hamilton benefitted from the SC, i think its more because he cheated blatantly to benefit, and the penalty was redundant by the time it did come.
He is hot headed, and he really really wants to win. We have seen this before, he hates to come second.. and i think thats what makes him a 2 time champion, and one in the running for more. Massa is/was not as close to the leaders as Fernando was, so its sort of natural that he wont be as upset. While am sure the loss in points hurt both of them.. Massa is a much more cool headed person than fernando is. You are comparing their temperaments, not the point being made.

xinebessa
2nd July 2010, 13:42
I love this description:-

This ~6' is a "hairline" at the Guradian
http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv319/spankyham/safetycar1.jpg

Wouldn't want to buy any real estate advertised in that paper.

P.S. The writers wife was probably excited when she first heard him say it was 9"

Perhaps he though the line was a bit like this:

epiclyaddicted
2nd July 2010, 16:31
Perhaps he though the line was a bit like this:

:rotfl :rotfl That's brilliant!

Alessandra
2nd July 2010, 18:02
" I don't think it was manipulated. The FIA just need to look at the safety car rules in the future." I actually agree with Christian Horner and I'm sure the FIA will look at the rules again re. the SC and perhaps Hamilton & McLaren will understand them better.

Fernando, whose first language is Spanish as we all know, has apologised in full for his rather intemperate use of the word 'manipulated' and McLaren/ Hamilton have been a bit 'naughty' ( same as when they ran out of fuel before reaching the garage after quali in Montreal and LH got pole), so everything's fine now.

The trouble is this doesn't just affect one race. When the WCs are decided at the end of the year they will be incorporating the points accrued from those naughtinesses and any amount of subsequent FIA clarification of the rules for those who don't appear to know them are meaningless in that context. These points may well be decisive and if so will have been part of a 'manipulation' of the final scores. Or, if we don't like the word 'manipulation' perhaps'a misrepresentation of reality according to the rules of the sport' could be better if longer -winded!

I'm therefore not at all surprised that Ferrari is furious and I think had Vettel or Webber been in Alonso's and Massa's places in Valencia he might not have been quite so equitable.:-)

(Sorry if someone has already made this point - I confess I have read most but not absolutely all the previous posts:oops)