PDA

View Full Version : No action against Ferrari outbursts

Ferrari_Fanatic
29th June 2010, 09:00
A spokesman for F1's governing body, the FIA, has confirmed there will be no disciplinary action in the wake of Fernando Alonso and Ferrari's post-Valencia outbursts.

Alonso accused FIA stewards of manipulating the European Grand Prix and Ferrari branded the race a 'scandal' after stewards imposed a late drive-through penalty on Lewis Hamilton after the Briton overtook the safety car.

"It's a shame, not for us because this is racing, but for all the fans who came here to watch a manipulated race," an angry Alonso told Spanish television after the race.

"A scandal , that's the opinion of so many fans and employees who are all in agreement: there is no other way to describe what happened during the European Grand Prix," added the Ferrari statement.

Although a media report on Monday said "a number" of officials are "known to be angered" by the outbursts, an FIA spokesman is quoted by the Daily Mail as saying "we won't be taking action."

credit espn

NJB13
29th June 2010, 10:46
an FIA spokesman is quoted by the Daily Mail as saying "we won't be taking action."

credit espn

Now there's an understatement.

An on an unrelated topic, a driver was found to have tampered with every part on his car, used non-regulation tyres, started the race 12 minutes early and was drinking (a nice Scotch I think) during the race was given a 5 second penalty. Admittedly this did happen in 1978, but you just can't rush these things.

Hermann
29th June 2010, 11:07
Now there's an understatement.

An on an unrelated topic, a driver was found to have tampered with every part on his car, used non-regulation tyres, started the race 12 minutes early and was drinking (a nice Scotch I think) during the race was given a 5 second penalty. Admittedly this did happen in 1978, but you just can't rush these things.

:lol i bet Hamilton would have loved to race in those times!

usa1
29th June 2010, 12:12
TAKE ACTION AGAINST FERRARI, THEY MUST BE INSANE IF THEY DO THAT. WHAT IF THE PICTURE WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND WITH ALONSO MAKING THAT MOVE. ALL EARTH WOULD MOVE AND THEY WOULD HAVE PENALISED HIM AFTER 2 LAPS. EVERYTIME HAMILTON IS CONCERNED EVERYBODY LOOKS THE OTHER WAY AROUND. EVERY YEAR THEY DO SOMETHING AGAINST FERRARI.