PDA

View Full Version : can they have maserati as safety car?

ramsingh2k
29th June 2010, 16:41
in formula 1 can they have other branded cars as safety car , like to see bmw , maserati , porche , or audi ,why do they have mercedes all the time , they are changing tyre supplier year after year , or in between 3 years , like that why dont they change the safety car , like to see another car other than mercedes ...............

coysht
29th June 2010, 18:41
They put it out to tender and the company who offers the best deal gets the job of supplying all the F1 vehicles (several safety cars, medical cars, course cars, and a good selection of other pool cars and mini busses for use at the tracks).

Other companies either don't have the full range of vehicles to offer or choose not to submit a bid.

Liscia
29th June 2010, 21:04
The Benz coupes from previous years looked a lot better than the unfortunately awkward looking SLS they're now using.
In every race I'm reminded what a clumsy design it is tho to damn it with faint praise it's not as bad as the bargelike SLR was.

aroutis
29th June 2010, 21:07
Since mercedes is also an active participant in the event, I think there's a conflict of interests here, or should be.

Greig
29th June 2010, 21:22
Since mercedes is also an active participant in the event, I think there's a conflict of interests here, or should be.

LOL I hope you are really not being serious

XXX132
30th June 2010, 05:00
Maybe not, but they need to be painted a bit brighter. Burnout Boy Liewser can't spot cars with flashing lights on top.

Hermann
30th June 2010, 09:50
He is also colourblind. Can't see red lights.

crewskas
30th June 2010, 10:28
Maybe we should use this for Ramilton then...

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/m-47-general-george-s-patton-medium-tank-2.jpg

If he ain't see it too, he will feel it... :lol

Hermann
30th June 2010, 10:31
:lol:wave

Agron
30th June 2010, 13:24
Maybe we should use this for Ramilton then...

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/m-47-general-george-s-patton-medium-tank-2.jpg

If he ain't see it too, he will feel it... :lolAnd if they try to overtake it anyway it could fire a pair of warning shots

Rookie
30th June 2010, 14:44
And if they try to overtake it anyway it could fire a pair of warning shots

Why'd he have to fire a warning shot? Just shoot at him next time he tries to overtake a SC.