PDA

View Full Version : Has Alonso met expectations?

Mirage
30th June 2010, 23:15
Alonso joined Ferrari with a lot of hype and expectation, so with half the season gone, Im wondering if he has lived up to your expectations or disappointed. Is he a better or worse than you expected him to be?

In my view he has because my expectation of him was to estabish himself quickly as Ferrari number 1, which was the critical goal for him imo, but in terms of overall performance the mistakes have been disappointing.

straycat
30th June 2010, 23:28
of course he has...he brings not only driving ability but passion to win and to develope the finest, competitive car. i still believe that he will win the WDC this year...call me crazy but i honestly believe he will.

Grinsomx
1st July 2010, 00:38
are we going to have this after every less than perfect race ?...Race was not that good, not the teams fault.
consider all that has happend during the first half of the season, there is no need to complain...we've been playing catch up with 2 teams in 2 totally different areas, if you can do better perhaps you could aply for the Job.

thedoctor03
1st July 2010, 01:34
He's met them, but he needs to take it nice and easy. Not think about winning every championship, just take it one race at a time

Aussie
1st July 2010, 02:02
i think Alonso is awesome for Ferrari win or loose he is good

Rishu
1st July 2010, 03:41
of course he has...he brings not only driving ability but passion to win and to develope the finest, competitive car. i still believe that he will win the WDC this year...call me crazy but i honestly believe he will.

Could'nt agree more with you:thumb. Even i believe he will win WDC this year. Some drivers have this capability to turn things their way. I know he has committed few mistakes but so has every driver, but only he comes into attention as a lot is expected from him. I have no doubt in my mind he will repeat the same era with Ferrari which Schumi created 2000-2005. He is currently the best on track....

Becool70
1st July 2010, 04:31
YES HE HAS!! He is only 26 points behind the cheater and if the car lives up to it he will win the WDC.. HE is the best driver in the best team! I have no doubt that once ALO spends more time with the F10 he will be unstoppable!! Lets not forget that the top drivers atm have been with their teams 2 years or more... Give him time,,,

Kingdom Hearts
1st July 2010, 10:35
I think he met the expectations but at the same time he made some mistakes inappropriate of someone of his level. I voted for the third option because this is a long race, and this is just the beginning.

Stormsearcher
1st July 2010, 11:05
I think he has. I will say the mistakes are owing to the HUGGEEE amt of pressure and expectations from Fans and team alike. But those will soon go away. He is just 27 points behind the leader. He may still be in with a chance for WDC this year, failing which am sure he will win more than one WDC with ferrari in the years to come.

Agron
1st July 2010, 11:18
I guess the three that voted no are Kimi fanboys that predicted Massa to beat him with ease, and thus he hasn't met their expectations.

Anni
1st July 2010, 11:21
Yes, I think he is doing a really good job.
To be honest, when he came to Ferrari, I was thinking "Oh no, not him." I thought he would be an egoist and not a teamplayer, but he really surprised me how good he seems to fit in the team and how well he seems to get along with all people.
I think Ferrari couldnīt have better drivers than Alonso and Massa. Not only on the sportive side, but on the human side as well.

vcs316
1st July 2010, 11:35
Voted for "Still too early to tell"

Yes, Alonso has had a couple of great drives this season and also a couple of BIG mistakes but we are yet to see him dominate a race. We are approaching the halfway point in the season and the next half of the season will determine "Has Alonso met expectations?"

epiclyaddicted
1st July 2010, 11:37
How many times have we had this kind of threads already this season?

If someone would've asked me at the end of the 2007 season: had Kimi met Ferrari's expectations? I probably would have answered yes. After all, he won the the Championship in his first year at Ferrari. Doesn't matter how he won it, but he won. However, asked the same question at the end of the 2009 season, then I would say no, Kimi hasn't met Ferrari's expectations.

So let us get back to it in a couple of years, shall we? Then we'll see if Fernando has really met the expectations or not. Yes, early impressions are very very good, but it still is far too early to tell.

dbristol91
1st July 2010, 11:53
Lets not forget that Alonso is the only driver that beat Schummacher back few years ago, when Michael was the . Since Red Bull RB6 is the fastest car (no doubt about that), I am just wondering what times would Alonso establish on the qualification sesions if he would drove it. I think Alonso is pushing F10 to the limit to keep up with RB6 and MP-24. Ferrari 4 ever!

DonXabi
1st July 2010, 11:57
Yes he has, bearing in mind where we were in terms of competitivness with the car at the start of the year - not being on the pace of the RB's and McLarens.

BUT he has made mistakes, AND the car has not been reliable enough on a couple of occasions........but he is still in the fight for the championship.

Just hope that the team get the pace out of the F10B over the next few races and he stops making the fundamental errors we have seen. He was lucky at Monaco to have been given the place back after MS over took him, and lost another one to Kubyashi in Valencia all at the last corner.

He has got us back up to the front of the grid, but unless we get the car moving AND he gets his head down a little more..........dont think we will get the Championship this year.

Hornet
1st July 2010, 13:02
To be honest, I didn't really expected Alonso to win the title this season anyway. I would be surprise if this season was anything other than a difficult challenge to Ferrari. And as good as Alonso is, he's just a human, he's not a magical fairy with a wand that can magically make our car perform better.

Compared to Massa, I think Alonso pretty much fell into where I expected him to be. He's not behind Massa, and though he has for most part finished ahead of Massa, its not exactly worlds apart between them. Alonso is a 2 times world champion, but Massa is no 2nd rated driver either.

So yeah, I'm please with Alonso performance so far. Massa's holding up pretty well too. All we need is a good car now.

ferrari4life
1st July 2010, 13:38
Dont think he has.. Its not about winning the title or anything. He seems to be to distracted to concentrate on driving. Got to admit he is easily beating Massa but at this time he is making too many mistakes to justify his reputation.

Becool70
1st July 2010, 14:08
Yes, I think he is doing a really good job.
To be honest, when he came to Ferrari, I was thinking "Oh no, not him." I thought he would be an egoist and not a teamplayer, but he really surprised me how good he seems to fit in the team and how well he seems to get along with all people.
I think Ferrari couldnīt have better drivers than Alonso and Massa. Not only on the sportive side, but on the human side as well.

ANNI if you followed ALO like his fans do you would have relaized that he is team player, the only time he wasn't was when he was been back stubbed by Ron Dennis and his love child HAmster... RF1 loved him and so does most drivers... He is an emotional driver but thats waht we love about him he is REAL no ..

Becool70
1st July 2010, 14:10
Dont think he has.. Its not about winning the title or anything. He seems to be to distracted to concentrate on driving. Got to admit he is easily beating Massa but at this time he is making too many mistakes to justify his reputation.

?? c'mon mate.. ITS HIS FIRST YEAR IN A NEW CAR!!!!!! HE HAS DONE VERY NICELY..

mad_ani
1st July 2010, 14:28
ANNI if you followed ALO like his fans do you would have relaized that he is team player, the only time he wasn't was when he was been back stubbed by Ron Dennis and his love child HAmster... RF1 loved him and so does most drivers... He is an emotional driver but thats waht we love about him he is REAL no ..

Was he being a teamplayer when he overtook massa into the pits in china 2010?

overall a good driver..but emotional outbursts need to be kept in check..

Anni
1st July 2010, 14:48

Massa said this action was a result of his own mistake. And I say this as a Massa fan.
I used to really dislike Alonso but only a fool doesnīt change his mind. He is a very thoroughgoing driver, but thatīs not a fault. I think he fits really well into the Ferrari-Family.

If we talk about fullfiled expectations we should not only look at the results but first of all at the way they where accomplished. We should give both of our drivers some time to show their best on the track.
Alonso is in a new team, he needs to settle in there, get to know all people and the way the things are done there.
Massa missed the second half of the last season and he became a father which changes your private life drastically.

So both of our drivers have to deal with new situations and so it is no wonder if they make a mistake on the track from time to time. They both try to bring the team forward and this is the most important fact. As Fans we should support them and not criticize them, they are doing there best for the team and this is why we should all vote with "Yes" here.

Becool70
1st July 2010, 16:23

what the? U are clatching at straws here, Massa went off his line and Alonso took the position,, How long r u ppl gonna analyze him like that, HE THE BEST PERIOD!! Be happy to have him...

Suzie
1st July 2010, 16:32
I'm sitting on the fence and voting too early to tell. He's made mistakes yes, but then he hasn't exactly had the car to go out and dominate with either. I think once he has a car that can win against Red Bull and McLaren, it will be tough to beat him. It's only his first season with us, and he did say the WDC might not be possible in the first year. I'm starting to look at 2010 as very much a transitional year for Ferrari - we have a brand new driver and one coming back from an injury.
If Fernando hasn't lived up to some people's expectations, then perhaps their expectations were a little too high...

simba
1st July 2010, 19:20
I think Fernando has more than lived up to expectations,if anything I think he's been trying too hard,that's probably why he's made mistakes, the jump start for example . .( Lewis would probably have got away with that!!!!)lol .. . . . . I think it's great he's in our team!!!!!:-)

Greig
1st July 2010, 19:30
Kimi and MS fans voted no then :-D

zakfourie
1st July 2010, 19:30
Can we stop questioning our drivers, stand together and enjoy Ferrari and Formula One?

with all due respect...

zakfourie
1st July 2010, 19:33

:furious:furious:furious
I voted YES!

:-bounce:-bounce KIMI BASHING :-bounce:-bounce

:-G :-D

aroutis
1st July 2010, 20:02
My opinion is that he fits nicely in terms of personality and he does his best in every race. From there on, the so called expectations are WCC/WDC which are not only for Alonso but for the whole team,
so this is not just for him to meet.

Ste
1st July 2010, 20:47
Absolutely he has. Without a heap of bad luck, one bad decision and poor form from the Stewards, I wouldn't be surprised if he'd be leading the Championship.

Denied potential victory in Valencia, definite victory in Montreal, likely victory in Melbourne, great points in Malaysia, likely podium in China etc. List is pretty big, but reliability issues early on have cost him dearly. Then the contact with JB in Melbourne, his jump start in China and the bonus points for Hamilton in Valencia have all contributed to him losing a mass of points.

He's 20 odd points off the lead, and I think he'd be far and away ahead without the issues I've mentioned. The season is still long though, many races left, we've got a quick enough car now I feel and more developments coming. We can still win this.

GamD
1st July 2010, 23:27
Depends who's expectations, I for one feel he has not met mine. Maybe I just wanted too much but also be it the “English media “It just seems to me as the media PR war is the draw back on the track war. He is the best driver out on track and he can easily win the title, But at what cost. Yes you can call it passion but it can also be called frustration and loss of self control.
I’ve always seen him and cool and calm, Pressure would never be an issue for him but I don’t know maybe it’s starting to eat away at him.
I just hope I’ll be wrong…

hogo
2nd July 2010, 05:18
I love the way he's driving, always fun to watch. Its never boring on the track with driver like this so yeah I'm very happy he's driving for Ferrari now. Results could be better point wise but that is more of our cars fault... Anyway I don't think that he will win WDC this year. Next year - more likely, unless FIA will keep on ruining our races.

Hooligan
2nd July 2010, 22:04
:-?? Alonso surpased the expectations of most Tifosi, just look back to the start of the season.
Very few Ferrari fans had any thing good to say about him. Thanx for the general support
for him, My only consern for the drivers title is the remaining races verses Enjins.
:oops

Effone
2nd July 2010, 22:26

Actually I voted 'too early to tell' :wave

red5
3rd July 2010, 08:16
Failed start in Australia
Failed start in China
Overtaken by a Sauber in Valencia
Crashed in practice in Monaco
Overtaken by both Mcs in Canada.

So far,Alonso hasn't met my expectations.I'm expecting much,much more from him.He's capable of that.

epiclyaddicted
3rd July 2010, 10:37
Failed start in China

So far,Alonso hasn't met my expectations.I'm expecting much,much more from him.He's capable of that.

You can't be serious? :-E

Australia - he got sandwiched by Schumacher and Button from two sides, with nowhere to go. So it wasn't really his fault. Still had a fantastic drive afterwards to come back all the way from the back of the grid to finish 4th.

Canada - the backmarkers ruined his race there. He was on course for a clear victory, but got held up by the slower backmarkers several times, allowing the McLarens to overtake him.

Valencia - it was the penultimate lap of the race, he had done something like 40-odd laps on the same set of prime tyres, whereas the same Ferrari-engined Sauber had just pitted for a fresh set of option tyres and hence was probably 2 to 3 seconds a lap quicker. Plus, with all the incidents earlier in the race ruining his chance of a clear podium, just poodling around in 8th or 9th clearly meant that he didn't have the full concentration level.

Ok, China and Monaco were his faults. But what about Malaysia? Fighting a car with no clutch for the entire race distance and nearly finished with a handful of points, only if the engine hadn't let go on the penultimate lap. Any other driver in that scenario, would have just retired even before the race started. Only Alonso, and the old Schumacher are capable of taking a broken car and fighting with it till the end.

I personally voted "too early to tell", but the points you make depict him to be downright useless. Don't forget, Alonso hasn't been very lucky so far this year (the points I made above). So don't just look at selective parts of the races, with a bit more luck, he would have been leading the World Championship right now.

Tifosi
3rd July 2010, 11:02
I don't mean to make sweeping generalisations here but I can't help noticing that there is often a direct correlation between comments from members residing in Spain and those that either assume Alonso is a faultless genious who is beyond criticism or that he is Superman! :roll

Rishu
3rd July 2010, 11:02

Australia - he got sandwiched by Schumacher and Button from two sides, with nowhere to go. So it wasn't really his fault. Still had a fantastic drive afterwards to come back all the way from the back of the grid to finish 4th.

Canada - the backmarkers ruined his race there. He was on course for a clear victory, but got held up by the slower backmarkers several times, allowing the McLarens to overtake him.

Valencia - it was the penultimate lap of the race, he had done something like 40-odd laps on the same set of prime tyres, whereas the same Ferrari-engined Sauber had just pitted for a fresh set of option tyres and hence was probably 2 to 3 seconds a lap quicker. Plus, with all the incidents earlier in the race ruining his chance of a clear podium, just poodling around in 8th or 9th clearly meant that he didn't have the full concentration level.

Ok, China and Monaco were his faults. But what about Malaysia? Fighting a car with no clutch for the entire race distance and nearly finished with a handful of points, only if the engine hadn't let go on the penultimate lap. Any other driver in that scenario, would have just retired even before the race started. Only Alonso, and the old Schumacher are capable of taking a broken car and fighting with it till the end.

I personally voted "too early to tell", but the points you make depict him to be downright useless. Don't forget, Alonso hasn't been very lucky so far this year (the points I made above). So don't just look at selective parts of the races, with a bit more luck, he would have been leading the World Championship right now.

That was accurate & well summarised reply. +1 far all of it. Well done. :clap. Despite all of so called "errors"s as called by our dear friend "red5", Alonso is still in hunt for WDC, it shows he must have driven brilliantly in other races. Give him some time, If he masters the Ferrari, e'll master the F1

Greig
3rd July 2010, 11:36
Failed start in China

LOL bitter much?

Silent Bob
3rd July 2010, 13:51
I think he's done pretty good so far.. definitely kept us competitive more so than Massa. The only thing I'd like to see is some more agressiveness... forcing a pass, or defending a little better. He's got to get more ruthless, not as much as the Ham, who forces his way through a pass and has to rely on the other car not to hit him, but he seems a little passive during some races.

Red_Diamond
3rd July 2010, 14:37
No. He has made far too many mistakes and emotionally seems unstable.

fanformula1
3rd July 2010, 15:01
He has made too many mistakes and whines and moans a lot..Basically if he does not win the WDC within next 2 years then Ferrari will kick him out and go for Vettel, Kubica or even Hamilton...

red5
3rd July 2010, 15:39
Yeah,tifosi,lots of "alonsofanboys and kimihaters" that only see him as a superhero.Well,if he's much better than Kimi I expect him to perform much better either,who hasn't been the case so far....

red5
3rd July 2010, 15:41
That was accurate & well summarised reply. +1 far all of it. Well done. :clap. Despite all of so called "errors"s as called by our dear friend "red5", Alonso is still in hunt for WDC, it shows he must have driven brilliantly in other races. Give him some time, If he masters the Ferrari, e'll master the F1

I don't care if my comments suit you,mate.Tócate los huevos,con el indio mierda este....

Kingdom Hearts
3rd July 2010, 16:35

That is true but you can't negate that he failed at the start because the white lines, that' s a rookie mistake. He did great in the race in the other hand.

Agron
3rd July 2010, 18:12
I don't mean to make sweeping generalisations here but I can't help noticing that there is often a direct correlation between comments from members residing in Spain and those that either assume Alonso is a faultless genious who is beyond criticism or that he is Superman! :rollThat's kind of... fail....

red5

* View Profile
* View Forum Posts
* View Articles

red5 is offline Registered User

TSN Cash

Yes, there's a great number of Alonso fans that come from Spain, just as most Ramilton fans come from the UK, Vettel fans from Germany and Kubica fans from Poland. And most of them believe their idols can walk on water, not just the Spanish fans. In fact, from what I've seen in english speaking forums, Hamilton and Kimi fans in those forums have, through strength in numbers, a sense of entitlement over their very often massively biased opinions that is without compare.
In contrast, the Spanish fans in those sites are almost always on the defensive and are quite fair and correct, just that the opposite of their views and the massive amount of brit supporters makes them look as radicals. Of course there's also a fair number of trolls, but all other drivers have supporters that troll forums, we have our own share here.
Spanish/German/Finnish/... and english forums dedicated to a particular driver may be more nationalistic and thus have slightly more extreme views, of course.

Zombie669
3rd July 2010, 19:06
I think he's been trying too hard

Greig
3rd July 2010, 20:08
Yeah,tifosi,lots of "alonsofanboys and kimihaters" that only see him as a superhero.Well,if he's much better than Kimi I expect him to perform much better either,who hasn't been the case so far....

And the MS>Ferrari fans still can't get over it :-)

You are seriously telling us Alonso had not performed better than Kimi last season? seriously you are posting that? LOL

Greig
3rd July 2010, 20:11
That's kind of... fail....

red5

* View Profile
* View Forum Posts
* View Articles

red5 is offline Registered User

TSN Cash

I think what Tifosi means is that it seems members from Spain either love Alonso or just hate him and expect miracles and use that as a way to attack him. (maybe I am wrong tho)

Red5 for instance hates Alonso and always has, I would not pay much attention to their posts about someone they hate so much, it clouds any sense of reason :-)

Suzie
3rd July 2010, 20:23
And the MS>Ferrari fans still can't get over it :-)

You are seriously telling us Alonso had not performed better than Kimi last season? seriously you are posting that? LOL

Kimi was awesome last season. He scored more points than Massa from Hungary onwards :lou

Stormsearcher
3rd July 2010, 20:40

Well, i think he is a race driver first. His competitiveness pushed him to do that move. After being stuck behind massa for 2 races, i dont think he was in a hurry to repeat that. A bit ruthless, yes.. but you will need to be. Nices guys dont finish first.. I think the valencia GP showed us that. No?

Stormsearcher
3rd July 2010, 20:42
I'm sitting on the fence and voting too early to tell. He's made mistakes yes, but then he hasn't exactly had the car to go out and dominate with either. I think once he has a car that can win against Red Bull and McLaren, it will be tough to beat him. It's only his first season with us, and he did say the WDC might not be possible in the first year. I'm starting to look at 2010 as very much a transitional year for Ferrari - we have a brand new driver and one coming back from an injury.
If Fernando hasn't lived up to some people's expectations, then perhaps their expectations were a little too high...

Good post! :-)

Stormsearcher
3rd July 2010, 20:46
No. He has made far too many mistakes and emotionally seems unstable.

ROFLMAO.... emotionally unstable??????????... :lol

red5
3rd July 2010, 21:26

Yes,I'm very serious :-)
- Australia,sandwiched due to a bad start,too much wheelspin.Even Schumacher (7) caught him.From then on,a very good race.
- Malaysia,fantastic race,we both agree on that
- Valencia,yes yes...worn tyres....Kobayashi with fresh tyres.Etcetera.But...there's always one "but": in Australia,against Hamilton with a faster car, he did a lot better job.I hope both agree on that.Furthermore,IMHO he completely missed the braking on that corner,maybe thinking the japanese wouldn't dare to do a move on him....

So,as you can see,I hope he wins a lot with us,but please,I'm still awaiting for something "spectacular" from him.An overtake,a pole,a fastest lap...something extra from what is acknowledged to be - for some - the best driver of the lot.I hope he'll do that [he's one of the very best],otherwise he'll have a hell of a time from the media in Italy.

I'm expecting him to do a winner car,as Schumi did,and not the other way round.If he needs a car to be half a second faster to win we're pretty screwed up!

In short,to sum all this up,more driving and less moaning/whining,you Big Head :-P

Greig
3rd July 2010, 21:54
I'm expecting him to do a winner car,as Schumi did,and not the other way round.If he needs a car to be half a second faster to win we're pretty screwed up!

LOL so wrong, can't be bothered dealing with such fantasy :-)

Tifosi
3rd July 2010, 23:23
I think what Tifosi means is that it seems members from Spain either love Alonso or just hate him and expect miracles and use that as a way to attack him. (maybe I am wrong tho)

Red5 for instance hates Alonso and always has, I would not pay much attention to their posts about someone they hate so much, it clouds any sense of reason :-)

Yep, you got me. :-)

I wasnt criticising all Spanish posters, just saying that some posters from Spain can be rather extreme in their views of his abilities/capabilities. Although this makes sense to a certain degree, it is noticeable IMO :-)

Rishu
4th July 2010, 03:05
I don't care if my comments suit you,mate.

I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR FRUSTRATIONS TOWARDS ALONSO. do you expect to post whatever you believe on this forum & hope everybody agree's with you? well if you dont care what others say, why dont you post your views on your personal blog? where you'll stay much happier

red5
4th July 2010, 08:54
Blablabla...alonso is great blablabla...he can cum on my face....ohhh ohhhh

"DEAR" Rishu,get a life.....this is a forum,so don't get me started....and for the records,you started this !!

As for Greig the alonsolover.What a pity a forum as good as this has a moderator with that rage to other Ferrari drivers while pretending to be "fair"

red5
4th July 2010, 08:57
Yep, you got me. :-)

I wasnt criticising all Spanish posters, just saying that some posters from Spain can be rather extreme in their views of his abilities/capabilities. Although this makes sense to a certain degree, it is noticeable IMO :-)

Because we know perfectly Alonso and his constant moaning.Doesn't take long to become a supporter of whatever other driver.

Greig
4th July 2010, 09:17
Just ignore Red5 he hates Alonso (because he beat MS twice), just a confused MS fan still tagging onto the tail of Ferrari, soon he might go find a Merc forum to enjoy rather than running down threads in here :-)

epiclyaddicted
4th July 2010, 09:46
Just ignore Red5 he hates Alonso (because he beat MS twice), just a confused MS fan still tagging onto the tail of Ferrari, soon he might go find a Merc forum to enjoy rather than running down threads in here :-)

I think that just about sums it up.

Rishu
4th July 2010, 10:55

Yeah mate. +1:-D

killer
4th July 2010, 11:12
Yup. As long as I see him trying to drive the wheels off anything Ferrari gives him--my only expectation. :-)

Anni
4th July 2010, 11:24
Sorry, I am new here and I know I should keep my mouth shut and let you guys have your way, but I donīt like those īgood driver, bad driver, good guy, bad guyī discussions. As a fan you will ever see the good sides of your idol and oversee the bad sides. Other way round with people you donīt like. So such discussions will remain fruitless and get us nowhere, so whatīs the point of it? I donīt say we shouldnīt discuss the actions of the drivers but I donīt think itīs necessary to discuss the drivers themself. Hope you know what I mean, I donīt know how to explain it better.
I am just writing this because before I came to this forum I have been in another one and there it went so far some people wished Alonso would get hurt having an accident and other people said itīs a pitty Massa didnīt die last July. I donīt want to say you guys here would ever say something like that, you are far from that. Just donīt like those discussions since they get us nowhere and just make people be angry with other fans.
I think the drivers themselves respect each other and they would be shocked how the fans quarrel over them. There is no īgood guyīand no ībad guyī. Every driver has qualities and faults.

red5
4th July 2010, 22:11
Yeah I'm idiot
tu me comes la polla,idiota,y Greig me lame los huevos :-D

red5
4th July 2010, 22:14
I think that just about sums it up.
Sums what our moderator ain't the sharpest tool in the shed,and jumps to so many conclusions without even reading my posts.Maybe he needs an optician,and getting rid of his red-hat agains some past Ferrari drivers.

Greig
4th July 2010, 22:18
Back to insults then yeah :-) shame that.....

NJB13
5th July 2010, 01:29
Sums what our moderator ain't the sharpest tool in the shed,and jumps to so many conclusions without even reading my posts.Maybe he needs an optician,and getting rid of his red-hat agains some past Ferrari drivers.

Understood this me do not

Rishu
5th July 2010, 03:34
tu me comes la polla,idiota,y Greig me lame los huevos :-D

Shame on you

Quote the actual thing & don't use language which others dont understand to save your a$$:wave

You are making a clown of yourself

Why dont you go away as suggested by Greig

Pekka
5th July 2010, 04:32
Yes and no..

Alonso has not met my expectations as he is ahead of Massa.

Alonso has met my expectations by being overtaken by a Sauber..

:lou

Agron
5th July 2010, 05:24
tu me comes la polla,idiota,y Greig me lame los huevos :-Dhttp://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2008/10/27/633607470680331650-trolls.jpg

Ant Raikkonen
5th July 2010, 09:46
Yes, there's a great number of Alonso fans that come from Spain, just as most Ramilton fans come from the UK, Vettel fans from Germany and Kubica fans from Poland. And most of them believe their idols can walk on water, not just the Spanish fans. In fact, from what I've seen in english speaking forums, Hamilton and Kimi fans in those forums have, through strength in numbers, a sense of entitlement over their very often massively biased opinions that is without compare. In contrast, the Spanish fans in those sites are almost always on the defensive and are quite fair and correct, just that the opposite of their views and the massive amount of brit supporters makes them look as radicals. Of course there's also a fair number of trolls, but all other drivers have supporters that troll forums, we have our own share here.
Spanish/German/Finnish/... and english forums dedicated to a particular driver may be more nationalistic and thus have slightly more extreme views, of course.

Personally, i generally never thought Kimi was "the best driver", certainly not perfect or able to "walk on water".
I just loved his style and those green eyes were so gorgeous :-D

Back on topic :lol i voted "yes".
In my opinion he's the most complete driver out there in terms of racecraft, he's in his prime at his age, looking down the seasons at his experience. Yes, he's made some clear mistakes to date (as listed well by ek583) but my interpretation from that is that he is trying & drives with heart & passion. He's said countless times what it means to him to drive for Ferrari & i buy that. When it was rumoured he was coming to Ferrari i found that idea of the FA-Ferrari combo to be an exiting prospect actually.

In short, my view is that his mistakes have been due to trying rather than being "a bad driver" and that for me is just fine ;-)
I think he's just about still in the game for the WDC. No doubts about his ability to win races and titles, that is clearly proven. My concern is Ferrari's rate of development relative to Mclaren & RedBull for example, although there's been some encouraging signs of late but sometimes it's difficult to read when problems occour in the race with other cars or mistakes in qualifying.

I didn't expect him to perform better than Massa in the first half of this season because of his new team/car etc but he's been straight on it. Maybe i underestimated FA a bit, even though i've always rated his intelligence & racecraft :thumb

Katu
5th July 2010, 10:45
He is beating Massa... I expected that, so it's clear yes:-)

nash929
5th July 2010, 15:15
I answered 'NO' because i expected him to be leading the championship at this point. But that's not saying he hasn't driven the wheels off that F10. Too many factors contributing to this trying season for him. I believe he has done a better job than Felipe, but thats not saying Massa hasn't done a good job. Circumstances hasn't gone the team the whole year, with exceptions of some races.

But hey, it's just half the season, who's saying the second half won't go to SF's favor?

Tifosi
5th July 2010, 18:25
Because we know perfectly Alonso and his constant moaning.Doesn't take long to become a supporter of whatever other driver.

Even if you hadn't shown your petty hatred elsewhere, it's pretty clear that you aren't rational or considered in your opinions of his abilities, only vehement in your dislike of him as a person. What's the point of spouting venom about him based purely on that? He drives for Ferrari and we don't care that you don't like him, only that he is doing well for our team and he's proud to drive for us. That ticks my boxes, regardless of what I think of his character flaws.

You just come across as bitter and rather childish. What makes you think we'll agree with you when your pov is based purely on a personal dislike?

ICEMAN_89
5th July 2010, 18:59
Even if you hadn't shown your petty hatred elsewhere, it's pretty clear that you aren't rational or considered in your opinions of his abilities, only vehement in your dislike of him as a person. What's the point of spouting venom about him based purely on that? He drives for Ferrari and we don't care that you don't like him, only that he is doing well for our team and he's proud to drive for us. That ticks my boxes, regardless of what I think of his character flaws.

You just come across as bitter and rather childish. What makes you think we'll agree with you when your pov is based purely on a personal dislike?

That one actually made me laughf XD As i recall it back in 2007 Mclaren had always been the team to drive for, at least according to Alonso:P and Ferrari were just overrated or something like that:P BUt suddenly after he got sacked from Mclaren Ferrari was his dream teamXD:O talk about a change of hearts:P

Greig
5th July 2010, 19:05
That one actually made me laughf XD As i recall it back in 2007 Mclaren had always been the team to drive for, at least according to Alonso:P and Ferrari were just overrated or something like that:P BUt suddenly after he got sacked from Mclaren Ferrari was his dream teamXD:O talk about a change of hearts:P

Makes me laugh that Kimibots can post drivel but still not read, jog on troll

Rob
5th July 2010, 19:53
Yeah he has. For me he has shown he passionate and will drive his heart out to get points for the team. Worth every euro. We will find our feet, then we will be on top again.

Ant Raikkonen
5th July 2010, 20:53

:rotfl yep

Tifosi
5th July 2010, 20:53

Yes, you're right. You're actually right. I just needed an unbiased Ferrari Fan to make me see the light :-D

nash929
5th July 2010, 20:57

:rotfl @ Kimibots

ICEMAN_89
6th July 2010, 18:38

ah come on you didn't have to say that:( that really hurts you know. i think it's just funny that the guy actually bashed Ferrari when he was driving for Renault:p and when he got kicked out of a big team he suddenly changed his mind on Ferrari:P It's just funny:P

Greig
6th July 2010, 18:42
Show us where he bashed Ferrari then, go on :-)

Tifosi
6th July 2010, 22:58
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/4944/38433780.jpg

Sianellen
6th July 2010, 23:56
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/4944/38433780.jpg

Love it Stu!!!! :-D :thumb

Although Kimi does have too much emotion on his face in that particular picture.. hehe

Ferrarichamp
8th July 2010, 18:59
Too early to tell. He has a 3 year contract. Kimi won 1 WDC in 3 years, we'll see how many Alonso wins.

rob-nyc
9th July 2010, 16:39
Hi.
First post here..
In my opinion Alonso has met expectations.. His speed from day one is unquestionable. He continues to demonstrate how adaptable he is.. We have seen in the past how other top drivers have switched teams and it has taken them some time to adjust to the team/car etc...

The mistakes that he's made so far IMO have been blown out of proportion.. It is almost impossible for a driver to go through a full season without making any single mistake.. Alonso's 2005/06 season were almost perfect and I don't think that people should expect that type of performance every year from any driver..

IMO he is the smartest, most complete driver out there and I hoping Ferrari can raise their game a little in this second half of the season so that he can really start putting his car on the front row and challenge for the title..

Rob

Nathan
10th July 2010, 04:12
Ask me in 2 and a half years time :thumb

Aussie
10th July 2010, 13:07
I answered 'NO' because i expected him to be leading the championship at this point. But that's not saying he hasn't driven the wheels off that F10. Too many factors contributing to this trying season for him. I believe he has done a better job than Felipe, but thats not saying Massa hasn't done a good job. Circumstances hasn't gone the team the whole year, with exceptions of some races.

But hey, it's just half the season, who's saying the second half won't go to SF's favor?

wake up the bulls are quick

Alonso is doing a fine job

Voy
10th July 2010, 13:23
I think Alonso is doing his best. My question is - has Ferrari met Alonso's expectations?

aroutis
10th July 2010, 13:45
I think Alonso is doing his best. My question is - has Ferrari met Alonso's expectations?

I think so yes, compare his lap times to Massa's.

Hermann
10th July 2010, 13:48
I think so yes, compare his lap times to Massa's.

*fanyboy mode on* Where Massa is is where the car is, where Fernando is is where Fernando is. *fanboy mode off*

Voy
10th July 2010, 13:53
*fanyboy mode on* Where Massa is is where the car is, where Fernando is is where Fernando is. *fanboy mode off*

That's what I was thinking. I rather compare Ferrari times to other top teams. This is what matters to me. I don't care where Alonso is comparing to Massa, but is the car quick enough to win races and give us WDC and WCC.

aroutis
10th July 2010, 15:00
That's what I was thinking. I rather compare Ferrari times to other top teams. This is what matters to me. I don't care where Alonso is comparing to Massa, but is the car quick enough to win races and give us WDC and WCC.
The car is competitive and Ferrari is bringing more updates from GP to GP , I was referring to driver performance comparison which is a very good benchmark.

Can't blame all to the car.

chak
11th July 2010, 07:40
I vote 'yes' for this. My nonscientific estimation would say he has brought 0.3s advantage to our car... :-D (I am no fan boy btw...). There are times when he's driving to the very limit and cause us important championship points but the trill factor he's shown in his driving make up for that. It's a pleasure to watch him drive.

If not for the current testing limitation, I would expect Alonso will contribute even more (may be another 0.3s) to our cars.. :-D

nash929
11th July 2010, 10:29
wake up the bulls are quick

Alonso is doing a fine job

The bulls are always quick :).

Yeah, he is doing a more than fine job.

ferrari4life
11th July 2010, 14:22
thats a big ole NOPE

delsando
11th July 2010, 14:57
After Silverstone GP aftermath, YES he has (no not being sarcastic) seriously give him time and the car, he'll dominate.

Nova
11th July 2010, 22:51
The real halfway point..after today, Im not so sure getting rid of Kimi was such a great idea...Ive always thought FA to be fast..
but so is Kimi, and he brought the car home much more frequently than does FA...Now b4 u get all dabother..I am a Ferrari fan 1st, drivers 2nd...

FA may be fast, but his inconsistancy puts him behind Kimi so far...I think if Kimi had this car, which is improving...slowly I may add...because it aint fast enough..that Kimi would have had a better finishing
record this year...Plus, the only reason I say Kimi, is because he is the last star driver we had, not forgetting Felipe of course...

Mirage
11th July 2010, 23:57
The real halfway point..after today, Im not so sure getting rid of Kimi was such a great idea...Ive always thought FA to be fast..
but so is Kimi, and he brought the car home much more frequently than does FA...Now b4 u get all dabother..I am a Ferrari fan 1st, drivers 2nd...

FA may be fast, but his inconsistancy puts him behind Kimi so far...I think if Kimi had this car, which is improving...slowly I may add...because it aint fast enough..that Kimi would have had a better finishing
record this year...Plus, the only reason I say Kimi, is because he is the last star driver we had, not forgetting Felipe of course...

Consistent is the last word you would use to describe Kimi's ferrari career, unless you mean consistently trailing Massa on the points table.

Imperatore
12th July 2010, 06:51
I have to say i'm starting to get tired of all the mistakes Alonso is making i'm sure LDM is as well.

killer
12th July 2010, 07:18
Hang on now--it was always going to be tough after last year's pooch screw; seriously, did we all expect Alonso to come in and turn things around in half a season?

Hermann
12th July 2010, 07:45
Its always easy to blame the drivers or the team boss or any person you don't like for bad results.

IMHO, the drivers and the results on track only show what is not working inside the team as a whole. Some driver mistakes, some team mistakes, is what we get to see from the outside, but we don't know what is happening inside the team.

Fernando has met my expectations as a driver who always fights for the best possible position, who is always trying to give his best, but for the results, its definitelys not what i expected.

A team is a wheelwork. And if one wheel, or several, isn't working, the results will show. Since neither Fernando, who is one of the most dedicated drivers, nor Massa, who has something to prove as well, have been able to bring the expected results, it must be something else. I don't know, its just the feeling i have, and maybe i'm wrong. But this is what i think.

Imperatore
12th July 2010, 08:08
Hang on now--it was always going to be tough after last year's pooch screw; seriously, did we all expect Alonso to come in and turn things around in half a season?

No but i also didn't expect the poor start off the line today and a jump start in another race not to mention his move on Kubica and all the other mistakes he's made. You have to be objective they are paying him a ton of money and expect more from him than this let's hope he can be the old Alonso again at some point.

slither
12th July 2010, 11:31
He has talent to do better I think, so I voted for no (This doesn't mean I do not believe in him, he has potential to do better). May be he just can't focus because of post race issues.
Sometimes he gets stuck behind slower cars and drivers that is not a thing that we are familiar when we are talking about Fernando.
Besides, he loses many points because of wrong strategies of the technical team. He has to stay calm and focus on his job, but I am not expecting a title for him this year. Ok, we have just passed the half of the season, but we have to admit that we are not that fast enough yet. We have no room for mistakes anymore if we want to get a title.

Tifosi
12th July 2010, 12:16
This thread should be retitled "Has Alonso met my personal expectations, regardless of how realistic they are?" :lol

Nova
12th July 2010, 13:05
Consistent is the last word you would use to describe Kimi's ferrari career, unless you mean consistently trailing Massa on the points table.

Well, Kimi is a WDC....No matter what most on this forum say about him..he is a WDC and he did it in a Ferrari....Now I dont care if he or anyone does it in another car...
But truth be told..He is a Ferrari WDC...Massa isnt and neither is Alonso...Now Id like them to be..and 1 of them still may do it..so we'll see...
Truth is, I expect more from the drivers and the car..

ToukoPouko
12th July 2010, 19:19
Nice to see, how Fernando takes the pressure of 1st driver during the second part of the season. Is it coming more mistakes and how the team supports Massa? Nice competition will be coming, but I'll bet for Webber.:-)

ashman1963
12th July 2010, 20:02
Hi all .... yes he has ... the problem he now has is frustration ..there have been a few BAD decisions and I now feel he is trying too hard to compensate for his position in the drivers standings, and it is showing.
He needs to be told to relax, he is probably the BEST driver in f1 now ...... he just needs to calm down, and put all this behind him ... go out and drive as we all know he can.
What we need now is the cool, calculated Fernando ...... we all KNOW he can do it

F2007
13th July 2010, 07:42
I voted for yes, i wasnt expecting Alonso to fix all the problems Ferrari has had since Todt left. He belongs to SF. Its good match.

toprngr
13th July 2010, 19:17
I would have to say no. he is on one of the best teams in the race. He should be in the competition for the podium not always ended up being 5th or 10th place. He should be there where the Red Bulls are. The Red Bulls team has been dominating the pole, so far it has already been 9/10 pole positions for Red Bull. Alonso has been causing quite a lot of problems as well. Jump start, cutting corners, getting penalties, which should not happen to someone from a Ferrari team.

Alonsomaniac
13th July 2010, 21:42
I would have to say no. he is on one of the best teams in the race. He should be in the competition for the podium not always ended up being 5th or 10th place. He should be there where the Red Bulls are. The Red Bulls team has been dominating the pole, so far it has already been 9/10 pole positions for Red Bull. Alonso has been causing quite a lot of problems as well. Jump start, cutting corners, getting penalties, which should not happen to someone from a Ferrari team.

Yes, he should be competing for the podium and he should be where the Red Bulls are. Problem is that the Ferrari at this moment simply canīt do that.
Everybody is working like hell to get the car where it belongs, but as long as itīs not there Fernando cannot compete with the RBīs
And wanting to perform higher than the car is able to leads to mistakes.
What I want to say is that you always need the combination of car and driver. The car cannot perform if the driver is not the best, and the driver can never perform at his top if the car canīt.

Fernando is the best, the car is not the best......yet. But it will be!