PDA

View Full Version : Jean Todt call Alonso, Hamilton & Charlie Whiting!

DIEK
1st July 2010, 12:56
Autosprint: Jean Todt convoca le parti in causa

Il presidente della Federazione sentirā prima della trasferta a Silverstone i protagonisti dei fatti relativi alla “safety car” al Gran Premio d’Europa, compreso Lewis Hamilton

Google traduction:

Federation president heard before the trip to Silverstone the protagonists of the facts relating to the "safety car" at the European Grand Prix, including Lewis Hamilton

http://www.auto.it/autosprint/formula_1/2010/07/01-5496/Jean+Todt+convoca+le+parti+in+causa

NJB13
1st July 2010, 14:46
My Italian isn't that great (much to my parents shame) - but this seems to be good news. If nothing else, Hamilton will have to squirm as the spotlight is turned on what he did and how he was punished. Even CW will have to explain his response and eventual decision.
Be great if someone could give us a proper translation :-)

Ferrari_Fanatic
1st July 2010, 15:51
Autosprint: Jean Todt convoca le parti in causa

Il presidente della Federazione sentirā prima della trasferta a Silverstone i protagonisti dei fatti relativi alla “safety car” al Gran Premio d’Europa, compreso Lewis Hamilton

Google traduction:

Federation president heard before the trip to Silverstone the protagonists of the facts relating to the "safety car" at the European Grand Prix, including Lewis Hamilton

http://www.auto.it/autosprint/formula_1/2010/07/01-5496/Jean+Todt+convoca+le+parti+in+causa

id love for someone to translate this for us all ive asked a friend but waiting for the message back

epiclyaddicted
1st July 2010, 16:01
Wow, didn't know this! Suprised any of the English press hasn't picked it up yet.

Forza Jean! :-D

Ferrari_Fanatic
1st July 2010, 16:19
Wow, didn't know this! Suprised any of the English press hasn't picked it up yet.

Forza Jean! :-D

Do you think jean Todd will disqualify him? Could he even do that? For a start he should get that lame a** charlie whiting banished!!

tifoso SF
1st July 2010, 16:34
google translate is not far from correct.... but here you go, it's something like this:

"Before going to Silverstone, the Fia president will hear the intervenients of the "safety car case" of the European GP, including Lewis Hamilton."

anyway, I don't really see what he can do right now, I assume it's only for clarification purposes.

epiclyaddicted
1st July 2010, 17:04
Do you think jean Todd will disqualify him? Could he even do that? For a start he should get that lame a** charlie whiting banished!!

Well, disqualifying Hamilton now would mean changing the final results of the European Grand Prix, and I don't think that's possible any more. I think that was one of the reasons why the FIA said that the results of the 2008 Singapore GP had to stand despite the crash-gate scandal. Anyway, I'm not sure about that. But what I would definitely like to see Jean Todt do is make sure all the drivers, and the stewards and the race director realise that overtaking a Safety Car is a black flag penalty.

Suzie
1st July 2010, 17:36
Hate to say it, but who says this meeting would specifically be about Hamilton's indiscretions and not Fernando saying the race was manipulated as well.

Hornet
1st July 2010, 17:47
Hate to say it, but who says this meeting would specifically be about Hamilton's indiscretions and not Fernando saying the race was manipulated as well.

Don't think there's any need to involve Lewis in such meeting about Alonso's remark, since that would be just about Alonso's conduct or choice of words, which has nothing to do with Lewis or the on track incident which involves Lewis.

Alessandra
1st July 2010, 19:22
Don't think there's any need to involve Lewis in such meeting about Alonso's remark, since that would be just about Alonso's conduct or choice of words, which has nothing to do with Lewis or the on track incident which involves Lewis.

Hope you're right!

DBXdarkangel
1st July 2010, 19:47
Lets Just put this down to yet another Ramilton getting away with doing what he likes.

Nova
1st July 2010, 22:34
He needs to talk to the drivers SC/and the stewards..this thing no matter who it affected made F1 look so mickey mouse and unprofessional,
not to mention it stunk....SC supposed to pick up the leader..not randomly just slip out into traffic...

Mabey the fia wants clarification as to why ham slowed down...looked like he did it on purpose to hold up FA.

Plus, it wasnt correct to hold MS in the pit lane w/the lites going red, then green then red....everything stunk...

Brakefade
2nd July 2010, 00:44
Why do we even allow drivers to pit during the SC period? In the past it was understandable because they could run out of fuel if deprived from pitting, but now that is no longer a concern. Just close the pit lane until the pack is formed in an orderly fashion behind the SC. Or better yet, just impose a speed limit that drivers must obey when a serious accident happens. With the common ECU it should be easy for the FIA to flash a red light on the steering wheel warning drivers that they have 5 seconds to slow down or risk getting black flagged. So while the marshalls are cleaning the wreckage everyone would be crawling around at the same speed, and the gaps should be maintained. SC IMO is unnecessary in this day and age.

killer
2nd July 2010, 02:07
Goodbye team radio broadcasts?

NJB13
2nd July 2010, 03:38
Well, disqualifying Hamilton now would mean changing the final results of the European Grand Prix, and I don't think that's possible any more. I think that was one of the reasons why the FIA said that the results of the 2008 Singapore GP had to stand despite the crash-gate scandal. Anyway, I'm not sure about that. But what I would definitely like to see Jean Todt do is make sure all the drivers, and the stewards and the race director realise that overtaking a Safety Car is a black flag penalty.

Actually there is precedent for changing results after the race before the next race, for example Brazil a few years ago. Hopefully that will get McCheaters squirming at the thought of this meeting happening before Silverstone :-)

Ant Raikkonen
2nd July 2010, 11:19
Actually there is precedent for changing results after the race before the next race, for example Brazil a few years ago. Hopefully that will get McCheaters squirming at the thought of this meeting happening before Silverstone :-)

Yeah when Kimi had to give winner trophy to Fisi at the following race (Imola) :lol
That was one crazy race wasn't it, massive accidents for Alonso (and Webber too if memory serves ?)

xinebessa
2nd July 2010, 11:42
Might be getting them together to try and sort out the disagreement that clearly exists following Alonso's McLaren days... If things carry on as they are Alonso is in some danger of saying or doing something that he will regret and that will get him in trouble.

At the rate Hamilton is making poor decisions he is going to get himself in serious trouble without Alonso's help!

Ferrari_Fanatic
2nd July 2010, 11:48
Yeah when Kimi had to give winner trophy to Fisi :lol
That was one crazy race wasn't it, massive accidents for Alonso (and Webber too if memory serves ?)

ohh yeah i forgot about that so he can then! nice one todd about having the meeting before the british gp i like to know how come the british press hasn't picked it up yet....it would make my day if he changes the order and black flag hamilton and then alonso goes on to win the british gp. that would be soooooooooooooo good

tifoso SF
2nd July 2010, 12:01
ohh yeah i forgot about that so he can then! nice one todd about having the meeting before the british gp i like to know how come the british press hasn't picked it up yet....it would make my day if he changes the order and black flag hamilton and then alonso goes on to win the british gp. that would be soooooooooooooo good

too good to be true actually, but one can dream....

epiclyaddicted
2nd July 2010, 12:57
..it would make my day if he changes the order and black flag hamilton and then alonso goes on to win the british gp. that would be soooooooooooooo good

^^THIS :clap

Ant Raikkonen
2nd July 2010, 13:31
If either Ferrari wins in front of me @ Silverstone, i'll do cartwheels all the way to the pub! The milky bars are on me!! :-D

Tifosi
2nd July 2010, 13:43
Yeah when Kimi had to give winner trophy to Fisi at the following race (Imola) :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxbmv96U4ck

Mark Webber crashes heavily and completely ruins Alonso's race - Sound familiar? :Hmm

DIEK
2nd July 2010, 13:59

Mark Webber crashes heavily and completely ruins Alonso's race - Sound familiar? :Hmm

And isnīt the first time that Hamilton overtook a safety car, in Imola 2006 (gp2) , he did...the result was a black flag...

Hermann
2nd July 2010, 15:42
Suddenly Hamilton 'regrets the misinterpretation of his words' (aka Fernando is only envious) while Whitmarsh ' backs Todt's non-reaction to Alonso outburst'. What happened? Paddling back all of a sudden?

Someone getting cold feet?

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=375642&FS=F1

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=de&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://www.f1aldia.com/9028/hamilton-lamenta-la-mala-interpretacion-de-sus-palabras.html&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhioIJRUzYw0v3jsPlU7hmub0632KQ

Greig
2nd July 2010, 17:29
The link about Lewis is telling how he never even said the things the Spanish media said he did? The media made up their headlines, blame them :-)

Suzie
2nd July 2010, 17:45

Ouch, been a while since I seen that. Very nasty accident for Alonso, quite sickening to see all those tyres rolling around the track.

racingbradley
4th July 2010, 16:49
If either Ferrari wins in front of me @ Silverstone, i'll do cartwheels all the way to the pub! The milky bars are on me!! :-D

Good stuff----My dearest wish:-bounce

NJB13
5th July 2010, 01:13
Any news on this meeting?

Ferrari_Fanatic
5th July 2010, 11:17
Any news on this meeting?

i've heard nothing yet....not sure what day it's supposed to be ither

Ferrari_Fanatic
6th July 2010, 15:07
any news? bet it was bs

raylinds
6th July 2010, 21:06
If such a discussion occurred, I would not expect that it would be made public.