PDA

View Full Version : Mansell joins stewards for Silverstone

Ferrari_Fanatic
8th July 2010, 01:49
Former world champion Nigel Mansell is the latest driver to join the stewards' panel this season.

The 1992 title-winner will be the drivers' representative in the stewards' office at Silverstone this weekend.

Mansell won the British Grand Prix four times during his career, with three of those victories coming at Silverstone in 1987, '91 and '92.

He returned to regular racing this season, sharing a Beechdean Mansell Motorsport Ginetta-Zytek with sons Leo and Greg in the Le Mans Series, although he is currently recovering after a heavy crash at the Le Mans 24 Hours.

credit autosport

Ferrari_Fanatic
8th July 2010, 01:51
OMG! i can smell it in the air! were gonna get screwed again! BRITISH steward in a british race. :furious

REDARMYSOJA
8th July 2010, 01:52
Hopefully Il Leone will cut us some slack.

REDARMYSOJA
8th July 2010, 01:55
OMG! i can smell it in the air! were gonna get screwed again! BRITISH steward in a british race. :furious

But Mansell drove for Ferrari, though it didn't end particularly well, and he doesn't think much of Hamilton. Plus, the Brits have had a habit of really hammering Nige. Some of the things they say about him are just uncalled for. So he might not be the one for them to look to for favors.

996 GT1 Lover
8th July 2010, 02:17
But Mansell drove for Ferrari, though it didn't end particularly well, and he doesn't think much of Hamilton. Plus, the Brits have had a habit of really hammering Nige. Some of the things they say about him are just uncalled for. So he might not be the one for them to look to for favors.

I didn't know he doesn't think much of Hamilton. Where'd you hear this? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious as to what he said exactly and when he said it. :-)

REDARMYSOJA
8th July 2010, 03:27
I didn't know he doesn't think much of Hamilton. Where'd you hear this? I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just curious as to what he said exactly and when he said it. :-)

Earlier this year. He said Hamilton was "manufactured", among other things.

“People have said to me ‘what do I think of Lewis Hamilton?’ and I’ve said ‘Well, it’s fantastic what he’s achieved, but he's been manufactured’.

“How many people from seven years of age have been given £2.5million to go karting?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29052010/23/mansell-hamilton-manufactured.html

And as for the British being unkind to Mansell, click on the link and read some of the responses given. I don't know if all those people are Brits, but I've heard people who I know are say that and worse.

vcs316
8th July 2010, 03:41
So who do we want as stewards for the Italian & Brazilian GP? :Hmm

Ferrari_Fanatic
8th July 2010, 13:49
So who do we want as stewards for the Italian & Brazilian GP? :Hmm

Italy - jean todd lol

Brazil - Felipe's brother lol :rotfl

Sempre_Ferrari
8th July 2010, 14:55
Italy - jean todd lol

Brazil - Felipe's brother lol :rotfl