PDA

View Full Version : What are our chances, realistically speking???

FerrariF60
11th July 2010, 16:07
given that our luck has been yet another bump for us in today's race, realistically speaking what you guys think our chances are at winning the WDC??

i'm not even counting or mentioning the WCC this year because it's going to be a clear battle between the bulls and McCheaters.

we seem to be trailing lower and lower in the standings with every race that goes by and it really makes me MAD to see those MCCheaters especially Lewser grabbing points in every race.

SO REALISTICALLY SPEAKING, YOU GUYS THINK WE STILL HAVE A CHANCE AT WDC???

Lesky
11th July 2010, 16:13
If Vettel and Webber had not retired 3 or 4 times each, it would be over already.

So because of that, we have reason to be optimistic, it could and should be a lot worse.

With our improved pace we only need the other top drivers to retire 1 or 2 race each, which is far from impossible.

JRX164
11th July 2010, 16:15
Mathematically there's still a chance. However, the way Ferrari is performing now, it's not realistic at all. Not (just) the drivers, but the team as a whole. But then again, a season with boring races and strange decisions by the FIA, isn't a season worth winning.

Daryesh
11th July 2010, 16:16
No, our chances are 0. We need:

1.- improve the car, as I see our car is far away from Red Bull's and very close to Mclaren, but still behind.
2.- we need to calm down our anger on FIA, stewards, and other teams & drivers behavior, yes we should focuse on point 1.
3.- close ranks on our team.

Regards.

NJB13
11th July 2010, 16:18
Quite frankly, we have a chance. We are not it a favorable position, but we do have a chance.
Ferrari really needs to address the rash of steward decisions that are going against us. My opinion is we really need to come down hard on the fact that the stewardship of F1 needs to be seen as unbiased. Stewards must be seen to be unrepresentative. There must be a situation where stewards representation should be generic. The number of Italian Stewards should equal any other country etc etc. Ideally, stewards should be from neutral backgrounds. It wouldn't be accepted at the soccer world cup if all the referees and linesmen came from basically one country - so it should not be conscionable for F1.

theodorus8864
11th July 2010, 16:19
Unfortunately I don't feel we have a much bigger chance for either WCC or WDC. With so many points lost during previous races, either for being bad luck, technical issues or some stupid moves by ourselves and the FIAs. We got to admit we are no front runners at the moment. Other teams won't lay back having evening tea. They will also push everything to the limit, especially with Red Bull and McLaren. Currently we should stop boasting about how wide opened the chances for WCC and WDC, and get down to work on both cars and drivers.

Ferrari Man
11th July 2010, 16:20
Realistically,, NO. Red Bull are in a league of their own at the moment. It s possible we might pull a win or two in the remainder of the season but to challenge for the crown we d need consistent podiums with the Red Bulls & McLaren messing up which I cant see happenin. This year feels as bad as last year. Last year we had a bad car but this year we have a car that can win but we keep thripping ourselves up and are having all the bad luck . Surelly our luck will change but it looks too late.. I have bein A Ferrari Fan since watching the Monaco Grand Prix in 1996 and I will always be. But i feel sick after todays dissatrous result..:-(

Axelsson
11th July 2010, 16:26
No WDC or WCC this year.

Tifosi
11th July 2010, 16:39
No WDC or WCC this year.

Your optimism and support in the face of adversity is quite stunning dude. :roll

Kingdom Hearts
11th July 2010, 16:41
Yeah, I think the chances are very low. It's time to make perfect races and pray for DNF or mechanical failures on the rivals. After the next 2 races probably we can call this year a waste or have some hope.

Let's wait a little longer, I have faith.

steelstallions
11th July 2010, 16:43
Its over, we just need to use the last races for testing next years car and gaining valuable data. Lets not kid ourself we stand a chance, with stewards against us as well as a strong Red Bull our best hope is to finish second and more weekends like this one even that's less likely.

Tifosi
11th July 2010, 16:44
That's the spirit. That's what I love about hardcore fans :lol :-E :roll

Tommy_F
11th July 2010, 16:48
Realistically, I doubt it...every race something happens to ruin the result...

At least we got the FL :-D

Rank Driver Car Fastest lap Deficit to fastest lap
1 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1′30.874
2 Felipe Massa Ferrari 1′31.646 0.772
3 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1′31.967 1.093
4 Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1′32.364 1.490
5 Vitaly Petrov Renault 1′32.484 1.610
6 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1′32.758 1.884
7 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1′32.952 2.078
8 Sebastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1′32.980 2.106
9 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1′33.003 2.129
10 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1′33.558 2.684
11 Rubens Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1′33.615 2.741
12 Jaime Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1′33.748 2.874
13 Nico Hülkenberg Williams-Cosworth 1′33.989 3.115
14 Vitantonio Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 1′34.018 3.144
15 Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1′34.171 3.297
16 Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1′34.337 3.463
17 Pedro de la Rosa Sauber-Ferrari 1′35.883 5.009
18 Heikki Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth 1′36.251 5.377
19 Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1′36.415 5.541
20 Jarno Trulli Lotus-Cosworth 1′36.519 5.645
21 Robert Kubica Renault 1′36.846 5.972
22 Sakon Yamamoto HRT-Cosworth 1′38.309 7.435
23 Karun Chandhok HRT-Cosworth 1′38.798 7.924
24 Lucas di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth 1′40.641 9.767

...although it hurts even more knowing the performance was there (on new tyres, I know...)

Suzie
11th July 2010, 16:53
At the moment I do feel like our chances are over, however I know it's just my post-race GLOOM.
By the time Germany rolls around, I'll be feeling lots more positive. It will be a big ask to win either title, nevertheless not impossible.

Grinsomx
11th July 2010, 16:58
not sure if we still have a real change, just raw numbers...fair change. with all thats going on from race to race, it does not look good.
we need to stop making stupid mistakes that cost us a sure haul of points like we did today.
if we still want to get at least the WDC, we really need to get our act together and start winning races.
just points will not do from now on

Hermann
11th July 2010, 16:59
Realistically speaking: none. Ferrari is not in the plans anymore. Actually, after many dominant years, they shouldn't complain, but the team is working as hard as always and at least should have a chance.

When you listen to german TV it was all about Vettel and Hamilton, Fernando wasn't even mentioned anymore. And after today, they might even stop talking about Vettel and go back to the good old times and join british TV in hyping up Hamilton. Like they did back in 2007 and 2008.

Sometimes, 'not being in the plans' can be an advantage, but in this case, don't count on it. Today they gave Ferrari another lesson of 'don't complain or it will get worse'. Half of the world is laughing even more about Ferrari now, even some 'Ferrari- fans' it seems. Maybe its better to laugh about it. To take anything like the F1 circus serious will just ruin the mood even more.

epiclyaddicted
11th July 2010, 17:00
We just have to keep fighting, because everyone's share of luck (good or bad) will eventually run out. All we can do now is keep on developing the car, and just work on our own performance. If we could get pole position regularly for the remainder of the season, and sail off into the distance at the start of the race, there's nothing even the most biased of stewards could do against us. The optimist in me will always say there is a chance for the world championship until it's mathematically impossible, so we just have to keep fighting.

Forza Ferrari! :ferrarifl

Agron
11th July 2010, 17:01
The WCC is almost over as RB will eventually win it (Button can't be trusted to bring big points to the team, only Massa, Vettel's and Alonso's bad luck made him look ok today), but not the WDC, IMO.
When Hamilton leads and the pressure gets to him he tends to mess up badly, it's not unlikely for him to make a pair of DNFs or out of points races, besides it's only a matter of time RB get it right, so probably Vettel and Webber will be in front of him, in particular Vettel as the team don't support Webber as much.
Add to this that Alonso won't have the most rotten of luck for the whole season and the Ferrari is improving better than McLaren right now, and I think we have a good chance. Obviously now it depends on other drivers, but they all have proved they can shoot themselves in the foot consistently race after race.

There is still lots of room to turn the tables yet.

ferrari4life
11th July 2010, 17:10
i think we have a great chance as long as we make a magical leap to the front of the grid like today.
oup opponents have been taking so much points of each other thats its kept the door open for us

Stormsearcher
11th July 2010, 17:15
Am so disheartened, i dont even want to think that far. We need to take this race by race. a lot of wins.. is what we need. I hope we can pull one out of the bag.. but its looking like only a mathematical possibility now. :-(

steelstallions
11th July 2010, 17:19
That's the spirit. That's what I love about hardcore fans :lol :-E :roll

Now did I say I give up on Ferrari forever? No, I just don't see them getting out of this seasons problems in time to make an impact strong enough to challenge for either title.

Rishu
11th July 2010, 17:19
Looking AT Massa's form WCC looks near impossible. Looking at stewards' form WDC (with Fernando) also looks gone, but i have a gut feel, things will turn around in next few races to come. Alonso won't give up easily

vcs316
11th July 2010, 17:36
Realistically, I don't see us having a shot for the WCC with being 114 points down.

WDC may still seem possible with the difference between P1 & P2 being 7 points. Alonso is 47 points down and we sure need a couple of wins under our belt soon.

Also, we need luck. BIG CHUNKS of it !!

xpman
11th July 2010, 17:37
as long as the Maths says we have a chance then WE have a Chance we are effectivly 2 race wins behind and if Massa gets his act together can help team and Alonso .
Alonso Must and Ferrari MUST start Winning races from Germany onwards any other results will Not do Unless All head of him in the chapionship has Tech problems and DNF 3 or more times and Alsonso finishes in top 3 .:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl

Alonsomaniac
11th July 2010, 17:37
I think the WCC is gone. And as things are going, RB really looks to deserve getting it.
But the WDC is not over yet. For Felipe I think it is, but not for Fernando.
He is angry and that always makes him fly. So, if luck will turn a little and give Fernando the opportunity to fly, he surely will and then it is far from over.

m schumy
11th July 2010, 17:44
There is hope as long it is mathematically possible :-)

straycat
11th July 2010, 18:11
there is always a chance...it seems impossible due to the speed of the red bulls but their cars are being put through a lot, vettle is very hard on equipment. vettle has used no less than 5 engines so far, webber is using vettles old car. mclaren is not really much quicker than us but they seem to have good strategy (and luck), hamilton is fast but is also hard on equipment...there will be retirements from both of those teams before it ends. there are quite a few races left and we continue to develope the cars.

Lithium
11th July 2010, 18:37
Well, the WCC is gone, it's as simple as that.
However, seeing our car's (very good) pace on a track which doesn't really suit it (so they say...)... I'm still quite hopeful about the WDC. Just. I'll tell you what - Alonso HAS to win at least once before the big summer break. He has to, because just being on the podium will surely not be enough, unless Kubica wins or something. If Nando doesn't win, game over.
When Ferrari bring more updates to the race in Germany, we hopefully get even closer to RBR and hopefully McLaren will fail to gain anything noticeable from their updates once again.
On top of that, in a perfect scenario, Massa should step on the podium too, thus taking points off Vettel/Webber/Hamster, but for some reason I don't see that happening... :-??

Ferrarichamp
11th July 2010, 18:58
I agree it's vital Alonso starts winning again soon. P3 or even P2 just won't be enough.
That's why he really needs to qualify on the front row, let's hope team, car and driver make it happen.

dbristol91
11th July 2010, 19:06
we are DONE for 2010! we may win one more race, like Syngapore. That's about it! Lets focus on 2011 season. Go Ferrari!

F2007
11th July 2010, 21:41
I wonder when LDM boots Dom out. Since Todt left, its been hell loose. Big mistakes every gp, tactical and strategy. Its enough!!

Tifosi
11th July 2010, 22:13
I wonder when LDM boots Dom out. Since Todt left, its been hell loose. Big mistakes every gp, tactical and strategy. Its enough!!

to be fair he doesn't drive the cars and it was driver issues today but whatever

zeus2
11th July 2010, 22:16
Look at it this way guys, how impossible did it look, at the last race in 2007, that we would win the wdc let alone the wcc, I think the odds of us winning this year are a little better than that. In other words i'm still pretty optimistic about our chances.

Stormsearcher
11th July 2010, 22:28
to be fair he doesn't drive the cars and it was driver issues today but whatever

I agree! Today was entirely our drivers. Cant blame DOM for unnecessary risks taken by our drivers.

killer
12th July 2010, 00:42
Stranger things have happened so yeah--we're still in it. We have got to want to win, though.

FerrariF60
12th July 2010, 00:55
Stranger things have happened so yeah--we're still in it. We have got to want to win, though.

...Oh, trust me, Alonso wants to win more then EVER....he's trying everything he can/drives the car to its maximum potential in Quali, just to get that top spot....but unfortunately our car is JUST NOT there yet....but we NEED to be THERE soon....

or maybe Alonso is trying JUST TOO hard, hence making "stupid" mistakes....

also this BAD LUCK we're having is GOT to stop....for crying out loud, enough is enough...

Hornet
12th July 2010, 04:38

Except for the part the team told Alonso he can keep his position after passing Mr Kuby ;-)

We messed up as a team.

Rookie
12th July 2010, 05:36
SO long as Ferrari keeps making big muck ups on race decisions and strategies we dont have a chance. I'm sorry but the blame falls on the management of the team. Had they know to let Kubica pass we'd probably in a much better position. Stefano Domenicali must go.

Brakefade
12th July 2010, 06:10
We just need to rack up some wins and hope the others have a few DNFs.

slither
12th July 2010, 11:33
SO long as Ferrari keeps making big muck ups on race decisions and strategies we dont have a chance. I'm sorry but the blame falls on the management of the team. Had they know to let Kubica pass we'd probably in a much better position. Stefano Domenicali must go.

Couldn't agree more.

Stormsearcher
12th July 2010, 11:49
Wonder if Paul the octopus can predict F1 races as well. :-)
Unless the germans have already made octopus soup of him.

Tifosi
12th July 2010, 12:13
Wonder if Paul the octopus can predict F1 races as well. :-)
Unless the germans have already made octopus soup of him.

mmmmm...... inky!

http://sarestaurantreview.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/homer.jpg

Lithium
12th July 2010, 12:32
"I think we will win. Yes," says Alonso.

"I think we lacked points in Valencia and Silverstone, but these are some moments of the championship where we needed to show that we want the championship and that we are a contender. I am more convinced than before this race that we will win the championship."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85243

http://www.motorsport-total.com/bilder/2010/100710/1278768726.jpg

Grinsomx
12th July 2010, 12:40
"I think we will win. Yes," says Alonso.

"I think we lacked points in Valencia and Silverstone, but these are some moments of the championship where we needed to show that we want the championship and that we are a contender. I am more convinced than before this race that we will win the championship."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85243

http://www.motorsport-total.com/bilder/2010/100710/1278768726.jpg

let's hope the man is correctly asuming that he can and will do it, because he has a mighty mountain to climb if he is to back up that statement with results

Hermann
12th July 2010, 12:44
Fernando is just giving some hope to the ferrari fans and letting them know he won't stop trying.

You need to read his interviews in a special way: between the lines.

straycat
12th July 2010, 14:47
now is when we must rally our team, offer total support and continue on with optimism. "it is always darkest before dawn". we are Ferrari with more wcc than any other team...lets not forget that there are many races left .

Alonsomaniac
12th July 2010, 18:47
Fernando is just giving some hope to the ferrari fans and letting them know he won't stop trying.

You need to read his interviews in a special way: between the lines.

Exactly. Fernando knows just as well that the chance of winning a title this year is small.
But he also knows it does not help anyone to say that , so he is motivating the team and himself to keep on pushing as hard as possible because it is not over yet.
Staying positive and focussed is one of the strong points a driver must have if he is ever going to be a champion. Fernando is a two-time champion.....

Ferrarichamp
12th July 2010, 19:01
The thing is if Alonso doesn't win WDC this year, he'll be under even more pressure to win it next year. And we don't know how competitive the car will be.