PDA

View Full Version : My experience at the Silverstone GP

alonsonum1
12th July 2010, 19:39
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=182445&id=517402912

Hi there guys first of all i apologise for the essay i am about to write but i wanted to share some of my moments from the british gp with you all.

First of all let me tell you that i am a Fernando fan, i have been for 4 years since my mum dragged me to silverstone in 06 and i saw him win :) i didnt like f1 before that day and i have been hooked on it ever since. my mum is a massive ferrari fan and i wil be honest, i jst never got it, never got the tifosi that she used to speak of i was just a true n true fernando fan, wherever he drove for i would support them ( but to be honest i never brort any mclaren stuff when he went there - just didnt like them lol :) )

so when alonso signed for ferrari i was excited i must admit. i thought alonso going to the best team in f1 would be a dream and to me yeh he has struggled but its great for me to see him at the front again... what i never expected was this love for ferrari to appear. i absolutely love ferrari with a passion and i am convinced that even if fernando ever left ferrari that i would still support ferrari aswel as him.

I went to the british gp with my friend at the weekend. we are both 21 year old girls and let me tell u some of the receptions we got from been a ferrari/fernando fan - NOT GOOD ONES AT ALL. we camped and we set up a spanish and a ferrari flag up by our tent and the looks we got were horrendous. people looked down on us. sad. we went to the track on the first day n i was decked out in fernando and ferrrari stuff and people would just look at me n think i was crackers, been a brit and supportin ferrari/fernando is a no go at silverstone.

we watched qualifying in the luffield terrace and we had a banner that we had made a big spanish flag that said go alonso on it with his card design of his helmet on there and this guy said to lauren my friend - are you spanish? she said no and he said u shud be wavin that about at a british gp. obviously in quali we had a great result with fernando 3rd and massa 7th. the fans didnt really know what to do at that stage when button clearly flopped lol

The race day we were again at Luffield terrace and this man sat there lookin at us like we had gone mad for the whole time we waited for the race to start, made me feel really awkward. nw let me say i have been to silverstone since 06 as a fernando fan and never got so many horrible looks and i am convinced that its because i had ferari stuff with me as well. i know we have a massive rivarly with mclaren and i apprecaite that but i did not expect to get treated like that. when massa had that first lap puncture u shud have heard the crowd go mad which i thought was a little tight and when it announced fernando had the drive thru penalty they wudnt shut up and i know that if that happened to hamilton at monza / spain the crowd would be the same but i duno somethin felt weird like too hostile

My mum used to always say to me "when alonso drives for ferrari u wil realise just how much ferrari are targeted by the FIA and decisions etc" i never believed her but now i trust in what she says.

Anyway on a positive note i camped in the grounds that the drivers stay at and i heard someone mention that the drivers leave about 7am from the hotel to go to the track so on the saturday morning i went up there and waited , there was a few mclaren fans hangin around i met stefano domenicali he was lovely. got his autograph and wished him well for the race and he thanked me. the next thing alonso came out and i shouted to him and he looked and waved. he then got in his very nice masaratsi and went to go but there was traffic so he was next to us on the road waitin to go. a mclaren fan came to the side of his window and asked him for one autograph but fernando said no and went to drive off. i had a fernando alonso tshirt, cap and a spanish flag with me and i waved the spanish flag to him and shouted good luck and the next thing he was telling me to come over. all the fans were tryin to get to him before me but he only put his window down when i got to him, he got my cap from me signed it and then signed my spanish flag for me. there was about 20 fans standin behind me but as soon as he signed my stuff he drove off. i wished him luck for the race and he said thank you. he was lovely. and it made my day - it realy touched me cuz obviously he recognised that i was a genuine fan.

so that set me up pretty good for saturday and i really enjoyed him gettin 3rd on the grid. on the saturday nite we decided to go to the hotel again just to see if any drivers were about. as u will see from my pictures we met quite a few of them, then fernando came and he signed everyones programmes etc. i had a spanish wrist band on and i asked him to sign that and he signed that and my arm after pointin out that i had sunburn lol!!! i thanked him again for this mornin and he smiled at me. i then had my picture taken with him.

we also met massa and he was lovely as well really nice, both fernando and massa signed my ferrari flag and that is now in a frame in my room, along with my cap that was signed by fernando and a ferrari cap that was signed by both massa and alonso :)

so all in all it was a FANTASTIC weekend , i take away some precious memories that i will treasure forever. i just wanted to share with u that after not been a ferrari fan i am a huge ferrari fan now and i respect the team so much. i dont want this to sound geeky and i hope i havent bored u with my post but i am now ferrari thru and thru and i shall support them forever.

From Stace - a very proud Ferrari fan :)

Below is the link to my facebook with pictures of meetin the drivers - enjoy

Suzie
12th July 2010, 19:47
The link doesn't work, I think you need to make the album public :-)

Glad I wasn't there to see people pleased at what happened to Felipe - if that's the case I'm glad I booed Lewis at Monza! Unfortunately the Silverstone crowd can be like that, I was there in 1999 to hear them all laughing and cheering when Michael had his accident. I haven't been there since 2008 but I can only assume it's getting worse due to the Hamilton/Button factor.

alonsonum1
12th July 2010, 20:04
how do i make it public??

MarlboroFA
12th July 2010, 20:18
you have to change it in the settings..

here a link where it is explained...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090517170903AAOJTE8

and

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=831

Tifosi
12th July 2010, 20:29
Nice post Stacey. Look forward to the pics.

My specific fan memories of Silverstone are these:

1. A beautiful bunch of Brazilians waving flags, singing and cheering heartily throughout the whole GP in a friendly good natured and very joyful way.

2. Two BAR Jenson Button fans happily letting us obscure their view of the GP for the first lap purely to wave our big Ferrari flag :-)

3. Macca fans shouting obsceneties from a passing car at our big Ferrari Flag.

;-)

alonsonum1
12th July 2010, 20:45
let me know if it works i think i have changed them correctly???

Julie B
12th July 2010, 20:46
We were in Luffield and they went crazy when Vettel and Massa went off, we just cheered for Webber to beat Lewis lol, Greig got told he was a disgrace for carrying a Ferrari flag on Thurs night LOL, we had a great time though and seen Norbert Haug which made the weekend so much better haha

alonsonum1
12th July 2010, 20:48
i saw some ferrari fans in the luffield terace ... not many like ... they may have been u julie b ?? lol

Julie B
12th July 2010, 20:50
We were in the grandstand but we seen a good few Ferrari fans, most fans are cool though just some drink too much and think they are at the football or something, we seen Nando in the back of the garage after the race but could not get his attention to come over.

alonsonum1
12th July 2010, 20:55
u shud stay wher we stayed at whittlebury they come over to meet u ...

alonsonum1
12th July 2010, 21:38
let me know if you can see my pictures....

Ste
12th July 2010, 21:41
Ant stayed in Whittlebury, they don't really come over to meet you. Instead you have to queue for hours in a mosh of people to get anywhere.

I never really had a problem with any fans this weekend, despite being with Hayley (biggest Alonso fan in the entire World) who had a large Spanish and Asturias flag draped around her all weekend.

Depends how you look at it really, in my opinion 99% of it is just friendly banter. We know they don't like Ferrari and they know we don't like McLaren. All healthy stuff really, just got to know how to take it and how to give it back. Only one person annoyed us this weekend, everyone else was great, all good sports - we even put a Ferrari cap on a McLaren fan at one point.

This is what I love about F1, the fact that pretty much all of the fans can get along and have a laugh despite who they support. Not like football for example.

All in all I had a great weekend. Great fans, great people and a great race. Oh no...wait. :-D

evo_spook
12th July 2010, 22:19
Ant stayed in Whittlebury, they don't really come over to meet you. Instead you have to queue for hours in a mosh of people to get anywhere.

I never really had a problem with any fans this weekend, despite being with Hayley (biggest Alonso fan in the entire World) who had a large Spanish and Asturias flag draped around her all weekend.

Depends how you look at it really, in my opinion 99% of it is just friendly banter. We know they don't like Ferrari and they know we don't like McLaren. All healthy stuff really, just got to know how to take it and how to give it back. Only one person annoyed us this weekend, everyone else was great, all good sports - we even put a Ferrari cap on a McLaren fan at one point.

This is what I love about F1, the fact that pretty much all of the fans can get along and have a laugh despite who they support. Not like football for example.

All in all I had a great weekend. Great fans, great people and a great race. Oh no...wait. :-D

Quite agree with you, its all friendly banter, I've never seen any hate or trouble against any fan or team, just friendly booing and jokes. I've never seen anything against any ferrari or mclaren or any team, usually everythings taken good natured.

I think you must be a bit sensitive or times have changed in the last 2 years I've being there.

I've being to silverstone 4 times and Monza once, no trouble never.

As for Alonso turning down the mclaren fans, they can be McLaren fans and still proper fans and its actually shows Alonso in a bad light. I've waited outside the hotel and seen lots drivers and the team you support doesn't usually matter, they are F1 first.

As for disrespect from other fans, see this from last year, as you can see, Ferrari fans aren't innocent, but even at the end even he cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSJi50tCrvs

alonsonum1
12th July 2010, 22:46
No don't think i did take it to heart to be honest, i was just tellin you all what it was like from how i felt. And no didn't have to wait for hours by the hotel at all. I don't think it show's alonso in a bad light that he only stopped for me i don't blame him for not stoppin and signin for the mclaren fan n am glad he didn't as two minutes earlier he was sayin some rather nasty things about alonso. Anyway just wanted to share my experience with u i'm just glad i met my hero alonso , 3 times now! Still can't stop smilin and his autograph is still on my arm lol.

DBXdarkangel
12th July 2010, 23:33
Ive been the silverstone the past 4 years and always picked the pit straight seats. I couldnt go this year because my Girlfriend is expecting our child any day now. Personaly im glad i didnt go as i think they have ruined the pit straight seating by moving in back to far away. Considering they are hte most expensive you can get then thats really bad.. Here is a few snaps i took form last year to show you how close i was. Im booking the new pit straight for next year as they will be moving it :-)

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/DBXdarkangel/IMG_1346.jpg
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/DBXdarkangel/IMG_1319.jpg
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/DBXdarkangel/IMG_1310.jpg
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/DBXdarkangel/IMG_1337.jpg
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/DBXdarkangel/IMG_1370.jpg
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/DBXdarkangel/IMG_1343.jpg
http://s139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/DBXdarkangel/rubens.jpg
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/DBXdarkangel/IMG_1115.jpg
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q284/DBXdarkangel/IMG_1396-1.jpg

Think you get my point..loL

alonsonum1
13th July 2010, 09:04
good pictures... i like luffield for what u see as u dont just see them goin straight past u , u see them actually tackling two corners then accelerating off which is good. still can not believe my love for ferrari is as big as it is my whole room is now transformed into a ferrari :) lol its great and i am glad we have nice drivers racing for us.. drivers who have got time for their fans ...

DBXdarkangel
13th July 2010, 10:41
The benifit of the pit straight as you can see from the pictures is you get to see the pit stops infront of your eyes, grid build up, The cars Setting off, The drivers walking around and the winners podium. Not to mention seeing the winner taking the Flag. I first went in 2000 and sat at luffield and whilst i agree you see the drivers driving slower round the bends, i much prefure the pit straight and theres a reason there the most expensive tickets..

Tifosi
13th July 2010, 12:18
All boils down to Money and personal preference I guess.

For me, it's being as close to those cars as possible, being able to see the different lines they take into certain turns close up and smelling them and hearing them close up. That's the stuff that turns me on :-) The rest you get on the telly :-D

DBXdarkangel
13th July 2010, 14:37
Oh i agree, If your going to watch a F1 race then its always better to be as close as possible to actualy see the drivers and smell the burning rubber. :-)

Lesky
13th July 2010, 14:43
Thanks for sharing your race experience :-)

Wish I could have been there myself!

toprngr
13th July 2010, 19:12
Silverstone Grand Prix had been the round 10 that is packed with drama. I am a big Vettel fan, and my heart went off when he ended up 24th during the race while he started first. In fact, he did earn my respect, from 24th he climbs back up to 7th. It was indeed a terrific recovery. He is performing superbly during that race. Mark Webber got first and only one Britain gets on the podium. And I felt that it is unfair for Alonso to have gotten the penalty drive thru.

redsteph
13th July 2010, 20:52
Had a brilliant weekend. Have to say that there wasn't a lot of love for Fernando in the crowd during the race but I wouldn't call it hostile. If he had of won the race he would of got a good reception because the British crowd are racing fans first of all - even the Lewis supporters!

Anyway all my photos are here - http://redstephf1.com/Silverstone10.html You may notice that I got close to a certain former ferrari driver ;-) Actually got his autograph plus a little smile and a wink when I wished him good luck for the race which just made my entire life!! :love

Felt like I cheated on Mikey a bit at the end of the day by taking so many pics of Smedley mind you :oops

Ste
13th July 2010, 21:43
Had a brilliant weekend. Have to say that there wasn't a lot of love for Fernando in the crowd during the race but I wouldn't call it hostile. If he had of won the race he would of got a good reception because the British crowd are racing fans first of all - even the Lewis supporters!

Anyway all my photos are here - http://redstephf1.com/Silverstone10.html You may notice that I got close to a certain former ferrari driver ;-) Actually got his autograph plus a little smile and a wink when I wished him good luck for the race which just made my entire life!! :love

Felt like I cheated on Mikey a bit at the end of the day by taking so many pics of Smedley mind you :oops

:rotfl :rotfl

Cars
Schumi
Schumi
Schumi
Schumi
Schumi
Cars

That is epic!

Glad you had such a good time Steph! :-)

redsteph
14th July 2010, 17:57
and here is a pic of me and Mikey - note I am actually wearing a Ferrari cap (albeit a Michael one) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/redsteph/meandmikey.jpg

Suzie
14th July 2010, 19:03
Hahaha, fab Steph!

m schumy
15th July 2010, 11:27
and here is a pic of me and Mikey - note I am actually wearing a Ferrari cap (albeit a Michael one) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/redsteph/meandmikey.jpg

Nice pic Steph :thumb

Ant Raikkonen
15th July 2010, 11:37
I enjoyed camping at Whittlebury & i'll be back there again in the future. Good location, facilities, proximaty to drivers & team personnel is just the icing on the cake.
Done Woodlands, Litchlake, New Rookery before. Whittlebury's the best imo ;-)

Plus, not only can you wait outside the hotel entrance if you choose (3 or 4 minutes stroll from my tent). Imo Ste's description above of it being like a "mosh" of people waiting at the entrance is totally incorrect, 2 people-deep at most and i viewed that several times each day ;-)
They generally don't approach you as such but you have to wait (if you want to of course) and then it's the luck of the draw with those situations.

It's a good spot aswell because the access road to hotel is the same as the campsite and the security gatehouse is right outside the on-site bar. At this point ,over the course of the weekend in their cars i saw Heidfeld, Massa, MS, Kubica, Liuzzi, Sutil, and Jonathan Wheatley (team manager from Red Bull).

I've got loads of stuff signed from various drivers in the past, queuing and waiting for autographs, all that barging & tolerating impetuous starstuck idiots shoving stuff to sign accross the middle of your face towards drivers etc doesn't really interest me anymore. Still love the gp's though and F1 in general, just CBA with taking loads of driver pics and chasing for autographs anymore. The only autograph i got this whole weekend was Ant Davidson & it was a piece of cake because there was only a handful of other peole around.

I've found that you have to be quite firm but not aggressive....a big turn off for the drivers.
Been there, done it ;-)

Suzie
15th July 2010, 11:45
If I get to go next year, I am totally going to BE one of those starstruck idiots. I have yet to meet anyone from F1 properly, let alone Felipe or Fernando (or Smedley ;-)). I am going to be Arch Stalker if I get half a chance.

Ant Raikkonen
15th July 2010, 12:01
No offence Suzie. Uncharacteristily, my tongue was in cheek.

Tifosi
15th July 2010, 12:02
Suzie will be chucking empty Corona bottles at them to get their attention ;-)

Suzie
15th July 2010, 17:41
No offence Suzie. Uncharacteristily, my tongue was in cheek.

Oh none taken. I have no shame :-D

redsteph
15th July 2010, 20:29
See if I camped at Whittlebury the temptation would be too high and I wouldn't get any sleep all weekend because I'd be outside the hotel!

Saw quite a few drivers coming out of the paddock at the end of the day Sunday mind you - saw Felipe but couldn't get any photos as he's too small!

Ant Raikkonen
16th July 2010, 11:16
Oh none taken. I have no shame :-D

Ah, so you won't mind doing a bit of karaoke with me then? :-D

Suzie
16th July 2010, 17:59
Ah, so you won't mind doing a bit of karaoke with me then? :-D

After a few beers I'd sing anything!

Tifosi
16th July 2010, 18:50
After a few beers I'd sing anything!

As long as it's not bloomin' "Danny Boy" that could be quite amusing to watch :-D

(no national stereotypes from me! ;-))

Suzie
16th July 2010, 19:00
Oh God no thanks! A bit of Whitesnake or AC/DC maybe. Or I've been known to warble out a bit of Springsteen on occassion :-D

Tifosi
16th July 2010, 19:04
Silverstone could be fun next year Ant! :-D

Mrs Alonso
16th July 2010, 19:14
If I get to go next year, I am totally going to BE one of those starstruck idiots. I have yet to meet anyone from F1 properly, let alone Felipe or Fernando (or Smedley ;-)). I am going to be Arch Stalker if I get half a chance.

Can I join you please???

Suzie
16th July 2010, 19:33
Absolutely Hayley :-D

All this beer and karaoke and stalking is dependent on me getting the time off - so you may start writing begging letters to my manager!

Stormsearcher
16th July 2010, 19:54
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=182445&id=517402912

Hi there guys first of all i apologise for the essay i am about to write but i wanted to share some of my moments from the british gp with you all.

First of all let me tell you that i am a Fernando fan, i have been for 4 years since my mum dragged me to silverstone in 06 and i saw him win :) i didnt like f1 before that day and i have been hooked on it ever since. my mum is a massive ferrari fan and i wil be honest, i jst never got it, never got the tifosi that she used to speak of i was just a true n true fernando fan, wherever he drove for i would support them ( but to be honest i never brort any mclaren stuff when he went there - just didnt like them lol :) )

so when alonso signed for ferrari i was excited i must admit. i thought alonso going to the best team in f1 would be a dream and to me yeh he has struggled but its great for me to see him at the front again... what i never expected was this love for ferrari to appear. i absolutely love ferrari with a passion and i am convinced that even if fernando ever left ferrari that i would still support ferrari aswel as him.

I went to the british gp with my friend at the weekend. we are both 21 year old girls and let me tell u some of the receptions we got from been a ferrari/fernando fan - NOT GOOD ONES AT ALL. we camped and we set up a spanish and a ferrari flag up by our tent and the looks we got were horrendous. people looked down on us. sad. we went to the track on the first day n i was decked out in fernando and ferrrari stuff and people would just look at me n think i was crackers, been a brit and supportin ferrari/fernando is a no go at silverstone.

we watched qualifying in the luffield terrace and we had a banner that we had made a big spanish flag that said go alonso on it with his card design of his helmet on there and this guy said to lauren my friend - are you spanish? she said no and he said u shud be wavin that about at a british gp. obviously in quali we had a great result with fernando 3rd and massa 7th. the fans didnt really know what to do at that stage when button clearly flopped lol

The race day we were again at Luffield terrace and this man sat there lookin at us like we had gone mad for the whole time we waited for the race to start, made me feel really awkward. nw let me say i have been to silverstone since 06 as a fernando fan and never got so many horrible looks and i am convinced that its because i had ferari stuff with me as well. i know we have a massive rivarly with mclaren and i apprecaite that but i did not expect to get treated like that. when massa had that first lap puncture u shud have heard the crowd go mad which i thought was a little tight and when it announced fernando had the drive thru penalty they wudnt shut up and i know that if that happened to hamilton at monza / spain the crowd would be the same but i duno somethin felt weird like too hostile

My mum used to always say to me "when alonso drives for ferrari u wil realise just how much ferrari are targeted by the FIA and decisions etc" i never believed her but now i trust in what she says.

Anyway on a positive note i camped in the grounds that the drivers stay at and i heard someone mention that the drivers leave about 7am from the hotel to go to the track so on the saturday morning i went up there and waited , there was a few mclaren fans hangin around i met stefano domenicali he was lovely. got his autograph and wished him well for the race and he thanked me. the next thing alonso came out and i shouted to him and he looked and waved. he then got in his very nice masaratsi and went to go but there was traffic so he was next to us on the road waitin to go. a mclaren fan came to the side of his window and asked him for one autograph but fernando said no and went to drive off. i had a fernando alonso tshirt, cap and a spanish flag with me and i waved the spanish flag to him and shouted good luck and the next thing he was telling me to come over. all the fans were tryin to get to him before me but he only put his window down when i got to him, he got my cap from me signed it and then signed my spanish flag for me. there was about 20 fans standin behind me but as soon as he signed my stuff he drove off. i wished him luck for the race and he said thank you. he was lovely. and it made my day - it realy touched me cuz obviously he recognised that i was a genuine fan.

so that set me up pretty good for saturday and i really enjoyed him gettin 3rd on the grid. on the saturday nite we decided to go to the hotel again just to see if any drivers were about. as u will see from my pictures we met quite a few of them, then fernando came and he signed everyones programmes etc. i had a spanish wrist band on and i asked him to sign that and he signed that and my arm after pointin out that i had sunburn lol!!! i thanked him again for this mornin and he smiled at me. i then had my picture taken with him.

we also met massa and he was lovely as well really nice, both fernando and massa signed my ferrari flag and that is now in a frame in my room, along with my cap that was signed by fernando and a ferrari cap that was signed by both massa and alonso :)

so all in all it was a FANTASTIC weekend , i take away some precious memories that i will treasure forever. i just wanted to share with u that after not been a ferrari fan i am a huge ferrari fan now and i respect the team so much. i dont want this to sound geeky and i hope i havent bored u with my post but i am now ferrari thru and thru and i shall support them forever.

From Stace - a very proud Ferrari fan :)

Below is the link to my facebook with pictures of meetin the drivers - enjoy

Thats quite an incredible experience alonsonum1. I really envy you. :-)

redsteph
16th July 2010, 19:54
who do you work for Suzie? Seriously they never seem to let you have time off!

Suzie
16th July 2010, 20:04
who do you work for Suzie? Seriously they never seem to let you have time off!

It's not that I can't get time off, Steph, I get 4 weeks a year - it's just that only 1 person is allowed off at any one time. So by the time the leave list gets round to me, usually the weeks I want are taken :-?? I can never get mid-July (Silverstone) and I can never get mid-September (Monza), 'cause someone's usually booked them off already.
It sucks :-s

Edit: Sorry for the boring rant.

redsteph
16th July 2010, 21:24
that's crap. Holidays in our place arn't brilliant either but at least we all get an equal chance to request when we want.

Ant Raikkonen
17th July 2010, 05:46
Oh God no thanks! A bit of Whitesnake or AC/DC maybe. Or I've been known to warble out a bit of Springsteen on occassion :-D

:thumb:thumb
Ohh fab, i love Whitesnake (especially here i go again) and the Boss (born to run's my favourite).
Could attempt to sound like Brian Johnson from ACDC, but i'll hurt my throat :lol

Mrs Alonso
17th July 2010, 10:40
Suzie,i will quite happily write you a begging letter! I'm up for some karaoke,as long as everyone has ear plugs.Otherwise we'll be drinking alone!

Suzie
17th July 2010, 11:07
It would be an awesome way to clear the campsite :-D
Particularly if I break into Alone by Heart.

Tifosi
17th July 2010, 11:20
Ann Wilson's voice rocks. :rock Question is, does yours Suzie? :Hmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bvPv0yQSbM&feature=related

Ant Raikkonen
17th July 2010, 14:17
Ohh "Alone" by Heart, one of my favourite tracks ever. I love "All i want to do is make love to you" aswell.
Just listening to them from my iphone as i type.

Suzie
17th July 2010, 14:19
Ann Wilson's voice rocks. :rock Question is, does yours Suzie? :Hmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bvPv0yQSbM&feature=related

I wish my voice was like Ann and Nancy Wilson's! But I do enjoy murdering that song on SingStar :-)

Ant Raikkonen
17th July 2010, 14:23
Before i started being a "proper" DJ (bars & nightclubs;-)) i started off presenting karaoke locally and i'm mentally scarred from all the "murders" i've heard :-D

Rob
17th July 2010, 19:39
Ohh fab, i love Whitesnake (especially here i go again) and the Boss (born to run's my favourite).
Could attempt to sound like Brian Johnson from ACDC, but i'll hurt my throat :lol

To sound like the legend Brian Johnson mate, chain smoke 60 Marlboro reds ;-):-G

jtwonk
17th July 2010, 22:37
M Schumy . I wasn't stood very far behind you at the Mercedes stall when Schumi came on. I can just make out my white flag pole slightly behindyo & to your left.

I Don't know if you saw But I was the one with the cap attached to the giant Ferrari flag that attempted to get his autograph... Well god loves a trier .. Well atleast my cap has been touched by Te main man himself, even if it was abit awkward.

As for Mclaren fans laughing at Felipe.

We stood at Club for the race & was completely surrounded by Mclaren fans except guy behind me who had a Redbull cap.I know it probably happens everywhere & I can honestly say That I would do it if it happened to Hamilturd. But they all Booed Webber when he went by. They also laughed when Vettel & Felipe were caught with punctures.

As someone else mentioned I got looked at like I was a 2 headed monster, just because I was English & was stood there all in Ferrari gear & with a giant 5ft Ferrari flag.

Towards the end of the race it was really starting to get to me all the booing at webber, Alonso & Massa. So I retaliated & started to Boo Hamilton.. I got a few harsh looks ...

As we had got to the circuit for around 7 We were quite near the front, but not close enough to put my flag on the barriers, so I put it on our camping chairs, due to the strongish wind for the next few hours my flag proceeded to whip about be in the face of all the Mclaren fans HA HA HA.. But At least I did the generous thing & put it down after the first few laps..

The othe thing that really annoyed me was the after race party, where Tony Jardine basically had a scathing attack on Alonso calling him a cry baby etc. I know it was the British GP but just cos we live here doesn't mean we have to support them, in all honesty I would have any driver except Hamilton win...

As for the circuit.. we sat in the new Arena A stand for FP2. these seats give excellent view of Village around the lopp & away off down the straight, seemed really good & especially the rae would have been good with quite a few overtakes & attempts at Village

Overall an excellent weekend, just a shame about the result... can't wait till next year

jtwonk
17th July 2010, 23:15

redsteph
18th July 2010, 09:43
I Don't know if you saw But I was the one with the cap attached to the giant Ferrari flag that attempted to get his autograph... Well god loves a trier .. Well atleast my cap has been touched by Te main man himself, even if it was abit awkward.

Oh I remember that! - Didn't he sign it?

btw me and my Jenson fan mate abused Lewis at every opportunity the entire weekend :-D

jtwonk
18th July 2010, 13:08
Oh I remember that! - Didn't he sign it?

No He didn't ...But at least I can say he touched it :-D
He was probably too :furious to sign after it hit him on the top of his head a few times/// But these things have got to be tried..
:-D

Greig
18th July 2010, 18:34

Think it was his minder that touched it rather than MS :-D