PDA

View Full Version : My experience at the Silverstone GP

alonsonum1
12th July 2010, 19:45
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=182445&id=517402912

Hi there guys first of all i apologise for the essay i am about to write but i wanted to share some of my moments from the british gp with you all.

First of all let me tell you that i am a Fernando fan, i have been for 4 years since my mum dragged me to silverstone in 06 and i saw him win :) i didnt like f1 before that day and i have been hooked on it ever since. my mum is a massive ferrari fan and i wil be honest, i jst never got it, never got the tifosi that she used to speak of i was just a true n true fernando fan, wherever he drove for i would support them ( but to be honest i never brort any mclaren stuff when he went there - just didnt like them lol :) )

so when alonso signed for ferrari i was excited i must admit. i thought alonso going to the best team in f1 would be a dream and to me yeh he has struggled but its great for me to see him at the front again... what i never expected was this love for ferrari to appear. i absolutely love ferrari with a passion and i am convinced that even if fernando ever left ferrari that i would still support ferrari aswel as him.

I went to the british gp with my friend at the weekend. we are both 21 year old girls and let me tell u some of the receptions we got from been a ferrari/fernando fan - NOT GOOD ONES AT ALL. we camped and we set up a spanish and a ferrari flag up by our tent and the looks we got were horrendous. people looked down on us. sad. we went to the track on the first day n i was decked out in fernando and ferrrari stuff and people would just look at me n think i was crackers, been a brit and supportin ferrari/fernando is a no go at silverstone.

we watched qualifying in the luffield terrace and we had a banner that we had made a big spanish flag that said go alonso on it with his card design of his helmet on there and this guy said to lauren my friend - are you spanish? she said no and he said u shud be wavin that about at a british gp. obviously in quali we had a great result with fernando 3rd and massa 7th. the fans didnt really know what to do at that stage when button clearly flopped lol

The race day we were again at Luffield terrace and this man sat there lookin at us like we had gone mad for the whole time we waited for the race to start, made me feel really awkward. nw let me say i have been to silverstone since 06 as a fernando fan and never got so many horrible looks and i am convinced that its because i had ferari stuff with me as well. i know we have a massive rivarly with mclaren and i apprecaite that but i did not expect to get treated like that. when massa had that first lap puncture u shud have heard the crowd go mad which i thought was a little tight and when it announced fernando had the drive thru penalty they wudnt shut up and i know that if that happened to hamilton at monza / spain the crowd would be the same but i duno somethin felt weird like too hostile

My mum used to always say to me "when alonso drives for ferrari u wil realise just how much ferrari are targeted by the FIA and decisions etc" i never believed her but now i trust in what she says.

Anyway on a positive note i camped in the grounds that the drivers stay at and i heard someone mention that the drivers leave about 7am from the hotel to go to the track so on the saturday morning i went up there and waited , there was a few mclaren fans hangin around i met stefano domenicali he was lovely. got his autograph and wished him well for the race and he thanked me. the next thing alonso came out and i shouted to him and he looked and waved. he then got in his very nice masaratsi and went to go but there was traffic so he was next to us on the road waitin to go. a mclaren fan came to the side of his window and asked him for one autograph but fernando said no and went to drive off. i had a fernando alonso tshirt, cap and a spanish flag with me and i waved the spanish flag to him and shouted good luck and the next thing he was telling me to come over. all the fans were tryin to get to him before me but he only put his window down when i got to him, he got my cap from me signed it and then signed my spanish flag for me. there was about 20 fans standin behind me but as soon as he signed my stuff he drove off. i wished him luck for the race and he said thank you. he was lovely. and it made my day - it realy touched me cuz obviously he recognised that i was a genuine fan.

so that set me up pretty good for saturday and i really enjoyed him gettin 3rd on the grid. on the saturday nite we decided to go to the hotel again just to see if any drivers were about. as u will see from my pictures we met quite a few of them, then fernando came and he signed everyones programmes etc. i had a spanish wrist band on and i asked him to sign that and he signed that and my arm after pointin out that i had sunburn lol!!! i thanked him again for this mornin and he smiled at me. i then had my picture taken with him.

we also met massa and he was lovely as well really nice, both fernando and massa signed my ferrari flag and that is now in a frame in my room, along with my cap that was signed by fernando and a ferrari cap that was signed by both massa and alonso :)

so all in all it was a FANTASTIC weekend , i take away some precious memories that i will treasure forever. i just wanted to share with u that after not been a ferrari fan i am a huge ferrari fan now and i respect the team so much. i dont want this to sound geeky and i hope i havent bored u with my post but i am now ferrari thru and thru and i shall support them forever.

From Stace - a very proud Ferrari fan :)

Below is the link to my facebook with pictures of meetin the drivers - enjoy

Mrs Alonso
12th July 2010, 19:54
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous :-)

alonsonum1
12th July 2010, 19:55
the best experience of my life ...

Suzie
12th July 2010, 20:00
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous :-)

If I go next year Hayley, we'll get him. I don't think Fernando would be a match for the 2 of us and some duct tape.

alonsonum1
12th July 2010, 20:03
hes lovely... really nice person... so is massa to be fair