PDA

View Full Version : Alonso team radio after the checkered flag

Kingdom Hearts
13th July 2010, 06:19
http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/100712_F1_Fernando_shows_grit_on_a_rather_special_ Sunday.aspx

That's the spirit :ferrarifl

Sempre_Ferrari
13th July 2010, 09:04
:cheers that's what we wanna hear. :ferrarifl

Ferrari Man
13th July 2010, 10:26
That s the fighting spirit of a true World champion... Come on Ferrari....:clap:clap

Ste
13th July 2010, 10:39
God I love Fernando.

I don't think we could wish for anyone better than Fernando in our team, what a legend.

Forza Fernando!

red power
13th July 2010, 12:21
w ell done fernando, words spoken by a true champion.

straycat
13th July 2010, 15:58
he is becomming the leader that other teams will covet. some state that his fastest lap was due to the others having worn tires but his tires had not even reached temp when he set the time. he could have stayed in the pit but instead returned to make a statement and you know the other teams saw it and they realize that we are not done. i too believe we will win the wdc this year.

replica
13th July 2010, 19:25
Like Schumi in Ferrari years.......never give up.......Go Fernando, Go Ferrari

Mrs Alonso
13th July 2010, 19:58
I nearly wept reading that. So so proud to call him my favourite and him being with Ferrari is still my dream come true.

epiclyaddicted
13th July 2010, 21:11
I just got goosebumps reading that!

Forza Fernando! Forza Ferrari! :ferrarifl

DIEK
13th July 2010, 21:48
“OK guys, keep your heads up, heads up. We will win the championship,” said Fernando over the radio

:-)

Suzie
13th July 2010, 21:51
“OK guys, keep your heads up, heads up. We will win the championship,” said Fernando over the radio

If someone had told me 4 years ago how proud I'd feel about something Fernando Alonso said, I never would have believed them.

galway
13th July 2010, 22:43
Ferrari stands for Fight and Spirit!!!
F1 isnt about instant results - you gotta keep moving bit by bit
Alonso knows that he's gonna win WDC with Scuderia Ferrari - if not in 2010 maybe 2011 or 12!
Hell it took Schumacher 5 years!

Stormsearcher
13th July 2010, 22:45
That is so amazing!!.. i just love his spirit. What an amazing driver and what a great team to back him up. Just loved that article. Waiting for the rest of the season now. :-)

Tifoso
13th July 2010, 22:51
Nice. And we will :-)

Tifoso
13th July 2010, 22:53
Ferrari stands for Fight and Spirit!!!
F1 isnt about instant results - you gotta keep moving bit by bit
Alonso knows that he's gonna win WDC with Scuderia Ferrari - if not in 2010 maybe 2011 or 12!
Hell it took Schumacher 5 years!

Nicely put (except the "or 12" part :-E :-D )

Welcome aboard mate :cheers

Agron
13th July 2010, 23:31
It takes a lot of positive thinking and determination to say what Alonso and Stella said on the radio after what the stewards did to us the last two races. I'm liking this team more and more, Domenicalli, Stella, Smedley, both drivers, all the faces in the team give a nice, positive and professional vibe, even under the current bad circumstances, you know someone better when things aren't going his way and so far I couldn't expect any more from them.

Come on guys, keep fighting to the end, and hopefully win it!

KurtC
13th July 2010, 23:41
we are in the middle half of the champioship left, the car has improved, and Alonso spirit is still there, Forza Ferrari Forza Alonso Forza Felipinho , c'mon guys i still support you, even with all the bad luck lately, we still there cheering for our great Scuderia!!

F1ferrarifanUSA
13th July 2010, 23:46
Ok!!! I like Fernando and he s talented, fast etc!!! YES he also wont 2 WDC s which is GREAT! but guys stop praising him too much ,let him prove first at Scuderia! look how many mistakes he has been made throughout this season? Look at Kubica and Rosberg, they both have less powered cars and they are doing a great job so far. Fernando is under performing this year with a better machine, Just imagine what will be everyone s reaction if this is Kimi?

kazi
14th July 2010, 00:08
Ok!!! I like Fernando and he s talented, fast etc!!! YES he also wont 2 WDC s which is GREAT! but guys stop praising him too much ,let him prove first at Scuderia! look how many mistakes he has been made throughout this season? Look at Kubica and Rosberg, they both have less powered cars and they are doing a great job so far. Fernando is under performing this year with a better machine, Just imagine what will be everyone s reaction if this is Kimi?

:-E have you watched the races?

Hermann
14th July 2010, 00:11

If Fernando is 'underperforming', then what is Massa doing? I think quite the contrary, he is overdriving the car, which leads to more mistakes than usual.

NJB13
14th July 2010, 01:02
Proud to have Fernando at Maranello!

killer
14th July 2010, 01:44
Good man, Fernando. :-)

onestone
14th July 2010, 03:36

I agree, how can anyone be excited with our cars coming 14th and 15th respectively?
come on get real..:roll

Alonzo was supposed to be the saviour of our tream, but we appear to be going backwards ever since he came..

I have been a Ferrari supporter for 50 years, but have never been an Alonzo supporter, because of his temperament and I think it's time the Ferrari supporters woke up to the fact that he's an opportunist and a dud..

Becool70
14th July 2010, 05:01

Funny how there are always wet blankets like you to spoil a beautiful moment!!! Idiot!! :furious

Becool70
14th July 2010, 05:01
I agree, how can anyone be excited with our cars coming 14th and 15th respectively?

Alonzo was supposed to be the saviour of our tream, but we appear to be going backwards ever since he came..

I have been a Ferrari supporter for 50 years, but have never been an Alonzo supporter, because of his temperament and I think it's time the Ferrari supporters woke up to the fact that he's an opportunist and a dud..

Another Idiot!!! Temperament?? THATS HOW WE LATINS ARE!!!! SO IF U DONT LIKE IT THERE A PLENTY OTHER TEAMS TO GO FOR...MCLAREN MIGHT BE BETTER SUITED TO YOUR ANGLO BLOOD!!!

Becool70
14th July 2010, 05:05

Just stick to Indy cars mate u have no idea and u are embarrazing yourself!!

Julius
14th July 2010, 05:46
to spoil a beautiful moment!!! Idiot!!

I haven't contributed much to the forum, but now I have to say it is interesting - to say the least - how such an obvious media stunt could be turned in to a "beautiful moment". I mean really, alonso got fresh tires just couple of laps before the end, made the fastest lap on fumes, and probably after the safety car did nothing else but planned what to say in the finish to save at least something of his reputation.

It's so obvious and totally his style, to which he's also forced to because of the ridiculous spanish press depicting him as an all capable semi god doing never anything wrong.

All this doesn't of course mean that you guys can't be "proud" even if the last race or the season as a whole has been going pretty much down the toilet. As there are now four serious title contenders, it is unlikely that all of them will crumble.

It remains to be seen how alonsos "champion" rhetoric will then change as the season goes on.

delsando
14th July 2010, 06:20
Another Idiot!!! Temperament?? THATS HOW WE LATINS ARE!!!! SO IF U DONT LIKE IT THERE A PLENTY OTHER TEAMS TO GO FOR...MCLAREN MIGHT BE BETTER SUITED TO YOUR ANGLO BLOOD!!!
Well Said!

Tifosi
14th July 2010, 08:26

maybe you should wake up to the fact that your dislike of him is clouding your understanding of what he is capable of as you seem to be conveniently ignoring what he's achieved so far :-)

FFFerrari
14th July 2010, 09:43

Comments like this make intelligent conversation impossible on these forums.

kingjuani
14th July 2010, 09:46

why dont you compare him with what Massa is doing? how long has Massa been at Ferrari, ok thats the difference!! enough said

Rishu
14th July 2010, 09:57

I think you understand Alonso better than anybody else, that’s why you didn’t mention performances of Domenically, Stewards, Massa & straight away blasted one guy who wants to lift the spirit in the team

kingjuani
14th July 2010, 10:08

Its Alonso, not Alonzo!!..i am surprised that being a supporter for 50yrs..u still dont understand the sport..did u expect miracles from a first yr driver at a team like ferrari? well if u did then i suppose u are a schumi fan and how long did it take him?? u make no sense..the season is half way through..you will eat your words at the end of the season

FFFerrari
14th July 2010, 10:23
Its Alonso, not Alonzo!!..i am surprised that being a supporter for 50yrs..u still dont understand the sport..did u expect miracles from a first yr driver at a team like ferrari? well if u did then i suppose u are a schumi fan and how long did it take him?? u make no sense..the season is half way through..you will eat your words at the end of the season

A certain driver did win WDC on his first year on Ferrari, and this didn't happen 50 years ago. It's funny how some people forget recent events...

Agron
14th July 2010, 10:29
I haven't contributed much to the forum, but now I have to say it is interesting - to say the least - how such an obvious media stunt could be turned in to a "beautiful moment". I mean really, alonso got fresh tires just couple of laps before the end, made the fastest lap on fumes, and probably after the safety car did nothing else but planned what to say in the finish to save at least something of his reputation.

It's so obvious and totally his style, to which he's also forced to because of the ridiculous spanish press depicting him as an all capable semi god doing never anything wrong.

All this doesn't of course mean that you guys can't be "proud" even if the last race or the season as a whole has been going pretty much down the toilet. As there are now four serious title contenders, it is unlikely that all of them will crumble.

It remains to be seen how alonsos "champion" rhetoric will then change as the season goes on.He could be saving children in Africa and people would still find room to criticize him XD
IMO, to tell his team he is completely confident in them to the point of winning the championship and that race-wrecking penalties or not he still thinks they can recover, all this during the worst result for Ferrari in years -through pure dumb bad luck- is invaluable from a team leadership and morale raising point of view. What would you prefer, him cursing his luck or whoever told him not to give back the position, or remaining silent and letting the media onslaught to rain on the team and drivers?
Besides, what he said is either true, or very optimistic yet not unlikely the way all others raced so far.

Becool70, don't insult people, you are in a forum and people have the right to think otherwise.

A certain driver did win WDC on his first year on Ferrari, and this didn't happen 50 years ago. It's funny how some people forget recent events...Don't insult our intelligence please, he did win it in the fastest car, while the other only threat was imploding on itself. Now we have had 1-2 teams ahead of us all season and had not a chance of even sniffing a pole.

FFFerrari
14th July 2010, 10:46
Don't insult our intelligence please, he did win it in the fastest car, while the other only threat was imploding on itself. Now we have had 1-2 teams ahead of us all season and had not a chance of even sniffing a pole.

Have to agree on that, but the question was what were the expectations of Alonso in the start of the season and simply put I expected him to win the WDC and lead the team to WCC because of all the hype. Now it seems that he is just another driver, even if pretty optimistic one in his comments. If (and it's a very big if) he wins WDC this season it truly is a miracle.

And if you claim that McL weren't competitive in 2007, you didn't watch the races back then. Ferrari IS competitive right now, it's just that the team needs to start working as a unit and the drivers need to stop making continous mistakes. If FA's little speechs motivates them to reach that goal, fine with me. But I doubt that.

Hermann
14th July 2010, 10:56
Have to agree on that, but the question was what were the expectations of Alonso in the start of the season and simply put I expected him to win the WDC and lead the team to WCC because of all the hype. Now it seems that he is just another driver, even if pretty optimistic one in his comments. If (and it's a very big if) he wins WDC this season it truly is a miracle.

And if you claim that McL weren't competitive in 2007, you didn't watch the races back then. Ferrari IS competitive right now, it's just that the team needs to start working as a unit and the drivers need to stop making continous mistakes. If FA's little speechs motivates them to reach that goal, fine with me. But I doubt that.

Thats why one should never fall to 'media hype' or 'team hype'. I never expected Fernando to just step into the car and win the next title, why did you? Its not realistic, no matter how much 'hype'.

FFFerrari
14th July 2010, 11:07
Thats why one should never fall to 'media hype' or 'team hype'. I never expected Fernando to just step into the car and win the next title, why did you? Its not realistic, no matter how much 'hype'.

Because I'm a blind follower of Ferrari and believe everything they say without a question. That is the way a true fan should act, right?

Just kidding - but I honestly believed that Alonso would make a difference for the better but it seems it even might be for the worse. Except the amount of comments to the press, that has increased :-D

Hermann
14th July 2010, 11:21
Because I'm a blind follower of Ferrari and believe everything they say without a question. That is the way a true fan should act, right?

Just kidding - but I honestly believed that Alonso would make a difference for the better but it seems it even might be for the worse. Except the amount of comments to the press, that has increased :-D

No reason to be a 'blind follower' its always possible to have your own thoughts. I always supported Ferrari but i'm a sceptic by nature and PR speak never impressed me.

We are hearing quite a lot of said PR speak atm, obviously many people like it that way, and of course its better to hear optimism instead of 'ok we give up'. Unfortunately, most likely, this is the next we are going to hear- i suppose. At a certain time, Ferrari will have to concentrate on next season.

But for now, they are still fighting, and thats they way it should be. no? :thumb

mad_ani
14th July 2010, 12:47

If everyone supported teams of their nationality, you must be rooting for Hispania racing...maybe its better suited to your temperaments

Honestly, Alonso was much calmer and calculated after this race even though he lost out more than in Valencia...guess he has focussed his energy to positive attitudes...

NJB13
14th July 2010, 12:51
There's only two things I can't stand;
people who are intolerant of others ..... and .....
trolls

Julius
14th July 2010, 13:46
IMO, to tell his team he is completely confident in them to the point of winning the championship and that race-wrecking penalties or not he still thinks they can recover, all this during the worst result for Ferrari in years -through pure dumb bad luck- is invaluable from a team leadership and morale raising point of view.

Well where we don't agree is that the result of the race was due to "pure dumb bad luck".

As already many have said, alonso first messed up the start, then hit his teammate (no matter whose fault), fail to overtake kupica fair and square, and finally failed tactic-wise to give into and didn't let kupica pass immediately.

And this is just me speculating, don't really know the truth, but I kind of feel that it was alonso himself who at the end made the decision not to let kupica pass. It was crystal clear, for all, that it is not gonna end well for him, especially for the guys at the wall - it simply must have been. I feel that alonso is a prisoner of his own unrealistic reputation and fan expectations, and very much under pressure at the moment, which leads to silly mistakes and miscalculations.

Another thing I have always wandered is the fact that the technical people of any F1 team must be very professional - no? I mean maybe the level of professionalism is higher at NASA, but even they don't get paid as much. So do these people, especially the likes at ferrari or mclaren, really need this naive drivel, a lá hamilton or alonso, to feel motivated. Like really?

So after a terrible drive like the last race, is it wise for any driver to lecture about morals to team or is it just maybe more media and fan talk?

Tifosi
14th July 2010, 14:55
Well where we don't agree is that the result of the race was due to "pure dumb bad luck".

As already many have said, alonso first messed up the start, then hit his teammate (no matter whose fault), fail to overtake kupica fair and square, and finally failed tactic-wise to give into and didn't let kupica pass immediately.

And this is just me speculating, don't really know the truth, but I kind of feel that it was alonso himself who at the end made the decision not to let kupica pass. It was crystal clear, for all, that it is not gonna end well for him, especially for the guys at the wall - it simply must have been. I feel that alonso is a prisoner of his own unrealistic reputation and fan expectations, and very much under pressure at the moment, which leads to silly mistakes and miscalculations.

Another thing I have always wandered is the fact that the technical people of any F1 team must be very professional - no? I mean maybe the level of professionalism is higher at NASA, but even they don't get paid as much. So do these people, especially the likes at ferrari or mclaren, really need this naive drivel, a lá hamilton or alonso, to feel motivated. Like really?

So after a terrible drive like the last race, is it wise for any driver to lecture about morals to team or is it just maybe more media and fan talk?

I agree that it wasn't bad luck, it was all manufactured by us. However, if you really think Alonso is full of naive drivel, and that engineers don't need any other motivation than cash, then you don't seem to understand much about the people of whom you speak.

Alonso is always very guarded in what he says so it is at worst indicative of how he feels about the car currently, not that he's suddenly become totally unrealistic. Whatever gets you up in the morning, good for you. You don't seem to understand what drives the members of the Ferrari team - that's for sure :-)

Your assumptions about people, motivation, professionalism and pressure are exactly as you say, speculation.

Julius
14th July 2010, 15:25
I agree that it wasn't bad luck, it was all manufactured by us. However, if you really think Alonso is full of naive drivel, and that engineers don't need any other motivation than cash, then you don't seem to understand much about the people of whom you speak.

I totally respect your views on this, but did I say engineers wouldn't need any other motivators than cash? No, what I said was that when you work for somebody like ferrari - or nasa - then maybe your level of professionalism goes beyond "ah, the driver motivated me, now I will do my job considerably better then if he hadn't because this has always been my professional tactics, and it has got me where I am now".

Thats all. I strongly feel that the drivel is down to showing "teimgeist" to media, fans etc. and building your personal brand - both alonso and hamilton do this in a distinctive and lame manner, as do many others too.

Hermann
14th July 2010, 15:31
I totally respect your views on this, but did I say engineers wouldn't need any other motivators than cash? No, what I said was that when you work for somebody like ferrari - or nasa - then maybe your level of professionalism goes beyond "ah, the driver motivated me, now I will do my job considerably better then if he hadn't because this has always been my professional tactics, and it has got me where I am now".

Thats all. I strongly feel that the drivel is down to showing "teimgeist" to media, fans etc. and building your personal brand - both alonso and hamilton do this in a distinctive and lame manner, as do many others too.

Its 'teamgeist'. And objection, Hamilton does that in a lot more lame manner.

Tifosi
14th July 2010, 16:00

cool mate :thumb

However, you are suggesting that the engineers would feel patronised by Alonso's comments and not motivated by them. This is a rather cynical supposition if you don't mind me saying so (and i'm a master of cynacism ;-) :lol).

I also don't see how you can compare these comments with Hamilton. Lewis wants to be loved so badly that he overcompensates with rhetoric ("drive my heart out" etc. etc.) trying to convince everyone how good he is and how hard he tries. I haven't spotted Alonso doing that.

All drivers and team members have to give endless soundbytes to the media - that's part of their job. The only driver who got away with that was Kimi. I think you may be confusing a little genuine emotion in Alonso's case with the usual PR friendly soundbytes. He has a working relationship with his engineers - why patronise them? He's not stupid.

Better an emotive pro-team soundbyte than the kind of thing Mark Webber does i.e. uses the media to moan and plant political seeds back at Red Bull.

F1ferrarifanUSA
14th July 2010, 16:54

You got it right mate! We all want to see Alonso and Massa Wins, but I feel he causes more drama and showing anger on the grid. He should be concentrating more on racing than showing his frustrations towerds Lewis and Mecca s. I know lot of Alonso fans are going to be mad of my comments. But this is just what I seee!!!

F1ferrarifanUSA
14th July 2010, 16:56
Funny how there are always wet blankets like you to spoil a beautiful moment!!! Idiot!! :furious

This is a family forum! so use respectful words. I rather like to see Ferrari wins and be on top than praise our drivers who comes 14th and 15th and be okay with it.

F1ferrarifanUSA
14th July 2010, 16:58

Hellow Mr Latin!!! so you r a another spanish guy who started watching F1 after Fernando started to drive for Ferrari? you should go and learn F1 and ferrari history first before making anymore comments.

F1ferrarifanUSA
14th July 2010, 17:00
Just stick to Indy cars mate u have no idea and u are embarrazing yourself!!

HAHAHHAAHAH! how many F1 races have you been to? i am a Ferrari fan for last 20 years. Are you just started high school? spanish idiot!!!

F1ferrarifanUSA
14th July 2010, 17:02
Comments like this make intelligent conversation impossible on these forums.

Very true! these kids should be banned from this forum!

F1ferrarifanUSA
14th July 2010, 17:19

When Schumi came to Ferrari! the team was nothing and he made them what they are today, it was a total different situation. But Ferrari just won a world Title couple of years ago and we have everything. For example Jenson is on his first year on Mclaren and he s far less driver than Fernando....isnt he doing pretty well so far in his first year? so just deal with the facts and dont give excuses. Fernando made way too many mistakes so far.

F1ferrarifanUSA
14th July 2010, 17:23
If everyone supported teams of their nationality, you must be rooting for Hispania racing...maybe its better suited to your temperaments

Honestly, Alonso was much calmer and calculated after this race even though he lost out more than in Valencia...guess he has focussed his energy to positive attitudes...

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! WELL SAID MATE! GO HISPANIA....LOL
:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

DIEK
14th July 2010, 18:24
You don´t jest of Hispania ...Karun Chandok is cool ... http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5326/madl.gif

And I tell you one thing, Alonso will do everything as possible to win the championship, you will see... http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9052/sisi3.gif

Julius
14th July 2010, 18:27
This is a rather cynical supposition if you don't mind me saying so

Haha no I don't mind at all. But would it then be fair to say that the engineers probably are pros who neither feel patronised nor motivated - or at least don't let it affect their work, considering that they are already doing their best - by driver comments, but know that it is a part of the job and sport.

Although I do recognize that we are all humans, also Kimi who in his un-humanness was maybe more human then the average driver. Also stepney comes into mind, who, if my memory serves me right, did what he did being denied career advancement.

What is real emotion and what not by individual drivers is then maybe best left each fan to decide for himself. Especially considering that majority of us, including me, don't really know them at all.

I personally bet they're all a bunch of baby narcissists, to whom the engineers and business people laugh at behind their backs. But yeah, that would the cynic in me talking.

Liscia
14th July 2010, 18:48
This is the spirit that only Ferrari can bring out in people! I never thought i"d
hear it from Alonso but it isn't just cheap talk but a declaration of hope, desire
and passion to achieve the greatness that has become synonymous with our
team! Ferrari is THE REAL DEAL and no other team will ever come close.

Tifoso
14th July 2010, 19:25
HAHAHHAAHAH! how many F1 races have you been to? i am a Ferrari fan for last 20 years. Are you just started high school? spanish idiot!!!

NOT ALLOWED TSN Mod

xpman
14th July 2010, 19:58
what matter is this:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl noughing else .so please stop bickiring like Webber and RedBull is Not good. . Mr Alonso and the rest of the Team know what they have to do .

KimiF60
14th July 2010, 20:02
Just reminds me of why i love Fernando and Ferrari

Ste
14th July 2010, 20:45

Firstly, couple of things. If you're supporting our team, at least learn how to spell out drivers' names. No 'z' in Alonso. 'Tream' isn't a word. For someone who is supposedly well over 50, your spelling astounds me!

Now to the real thing.

Who is excited about coming 14th and 15th? I don't recall anyone even suggesting that. Infact, the post you quoted doesn't even mention the result, so where you get that idea from I really don't know.

How do you suppose we've gone backwards since Alonso arrived early this year? I seem to re-call a certain F60 being un-driveable and I also re-call a Mr.Raikkonen being completely useless for his final two seasons. So going on the basis that we were awful in 2009, our supposed top driver was useless and we had no good results, how do you think we've gone backwards?

I see us sitting P5 in the WDC, not too far behind the others, despite some incredibly bad luck. We've had one win and should have had at least another 2, probably 3. Fernando has only made two mistakes this year and has fully made up for those errors after some incredible drives. Nothing he could have done about shocking backmarkers at Montreal or having no clutch in Malaysia or being taken out in Turn 1 in Australia.

As I posted in the other thread, without these issues, he'd be sitting pretty at the top of the standings. I doubt you'd be saying he was a dud then!

Following on from that, I'm also amazed that you think a double World Champion is a dud. You don't win World Championships by simply driving around for a few laps. He beat Schumacher to the title in 2006 and a very quick Raikkonen in 2005. He was equal best, if not the best driver on the grid during the 2005 and 2006 seasons and by far the best through 2007, 2008 and 2009. Then we come to this year and I still think he's by far and away the best driver on the grid.

I'm more than happy with his performance, his attitude, his personality and his mentality. Going to end this mini-rant anyway, but I suggest you revise that absurd opinion pretty quickly!

Suzie
14th July 2010, 20:50
How someone expects a driver to 'save' a team after only 10 races is beyond me, but anyway... Besides, it's not about Fernando coming to save Ferrari - the team AND drivers should be working together for the benefit of each other.

Tifosi
14th July 2010, 21:10
Haha no I don't mind at all. But would it then be fair to say that the engineers probably are pros who neither feel patronised nor motivated - or at least don't let it affect their work, considering that they are already doing their best - by driver comments, but know that it is a part of the job and sport.

Although I do recognize that we are all humans, also Kimi who in his un-humanness was maybe more human then the average driver. Also stepney comes into mind, who, if my memory serves me right, did what he did being denied career advancement.

What is real emotion and what not by individual drivers is then maybe best left each fan to decide for himself. Especially considering that majority of us, including me, don't really know them at all.

I personally bet they're all a bunch of baby narcissists, to whom the engineers and business people laugh at behind their backs. But yeah, that would the cynic in me talking.

I'm pretty sure they don't have as big an issue with it as you do though dude. ;-) I think teams know to get team players in to support their worthless prima-donna narcissistic drivers, not self important ones with chips on their shoulders who have issues with what their drivers do and what they say.

Kinda makes sense really.

Why you seem to think what he said is an issue is still beyond me, unless you are a Ferrari engineer on Alonso's side of the garage with a grievance and merely using this forum to air it :-D.

Try asking to be transferred to Massa's side mate (he's our other driver - not that you'd know it reading the forums these days).

Suzie
14th July 2010, 21:22
Try asking to be transferred to Massa's side mate (he's our other driver - not that you'd know it reading the forums these days).

:-s
We still love you, Felipe.

Tifosi
14th July 2010, 21:23
You don't win World Championships by simply driving around for a few laps.

Kimi managed it! ;-)

Peridot
14th July 2010, 22:05

:thumb

Ste
14th July 2010, 22:08
Kimi managed it! ;-)

To be fair to him, he was still on top of his game in 2007 and towards the end of the season he had some brilliant drives. As well as taking advantage of hamilcrane's errors.

Then he was about as much use as a bar of chocolate trying to put out a fire through 2008 and 2009!

straycat
14th July 2010, 23:30
hard to believe there are actually negative comments...this is the first good moment the team has had in a very long time. you know, people were surprised to see him come back onto the track with no hope of a win but being the fighter he is he made a statement and then addressed the team. what the h--- more could fans want? i dont know of many other drivers that would have made such a defiant gesture toward the mclaren fans at s'stone. he is the best thing that has happened to this team since shumi left, i have yet to see him drive a car as if he would rather be someplace else and he is consistant...perhaps not in victories but in attitude. there is more to being a champion than winning and he is proving that very thing.

killer
15th July 2010, 04:36
I just loves these here internets. :-) Can you imagine what would've happened had Fernando said, "Right. Sod it--that's season over for us. I'll speak to Luca so he can move the team picnic to tomorrow; paella's on me. See you all then."

Julius
15th July 2010, 06:21
I think teams know to get team players in to support their worthless prima-donna narcissistic drivers, not self important ones with chips on their shoulders who have issues with what their drivers do and what they say. [...] Why you seem to think what he said is an issue is still beyond me

Well that's the whole point. A catastrophically driven race, collision with team mate, clear tactical driver errors, pr fastest lap, and to finish it up; pr drivel about team morals. And all that is turned into a "beautiful moment", "first good moment in long time" and "fighter statement" just to name some.

If you ask me, maybe better drives and less lyrical statements, for the obvious reasons, would be the way to to. But that's just me. I'm currently stuck in bed for medical reasons and totally cast aside by friends enjoying the sun, so it can be that my current hatred for humankind clouds my judgment. :-) In any case we can totally agree to disagree on this.

onestone
15th July 2010, 06:59
Well that's the whole point. A catastrophically driven race, collision with team mate, clear tactical driver errors, pr fastest lap, and to finish it up; pr drivel about team morals. And all that is turned into a "beautiful moment", "first good moment in long time" and "fighter statement" just to name some.

If you ask me, maybe better drives and less lyrical statements, for the obvious reasons, would be the way to to. But that's just me. I'm currently stuck in bed for medical reasons and totally cast aside by friends enjoying the sun, so it can be that my current hatred for humankind clouds my judgment. :-) In any case we can totally agree to disagree on this.

Mate I agree with you 100%..

Sorry to hear of your medical problems Julius, and I wish you a speedy recovery..

Not so long ago, Alonso was bad mouthing Ferrari and now he's suddenly the greatest thing since sliced bread..

If Alonso could stop his jaw from flapping, stop making silly mistakes (Ste says he's only made two), :roll and do what he's paid to do, then maybe he could begin to repay the blind faith which some of his followers appear to have in him..

BTW Ste, i've checked this for typo's..(just for you).:lol

Tifosi
15th July 2010, 08:45

I see what you are driving at dude, although I can't say I relate to the intensity of feeling towards him that you have over it. I do however think some people go over the top about him these days as if he is perfect and nothing is his fault but the Fredifosi will always hero worship regardless.

Sorry to hear of your predicament by the way. :-s

Tifosi
15th July 2010, 09:12
To be fair to him, he was still on top of his game in 2007 and towards the end of the season he had some brilliant drives. As well as taking advantage of hamilcrane's errors.

Then he was about as much use as a bar of chocolate trying to put out a fire through 2008 and 2009!

T'was a joke :-P

Becool70
15th July 2010, 12:16

Lets cut the Bull I am just writing the facts! Look we latins are passionate and emotional, full stop.. All I am saying is that some ppl can not understand this and shoudl not make silly comments... SO STOP KNOCKING ALONSO FOR BEING WHAT HE IS PASSIONATE AND HOT BLOODED!!!!!!!!! I love the reactions because the are not politically correct or false but fromth HEART!!!

Viva Alonso, Viva Ferrari and VIVA LATINS!!!

Becool70
15th July 2010, 12:18
How someone expects a driver to 'save' a team after only 10 races is beyond me, but anyway... Besides, it's not about Fernando coming to save Ferrari - the team AND drivers should be working together for the benefit of each other.

+1 :clap

F1ferrarifanUSA
15th July 2010, 18:41
Mate I agree with you 100%..

Sorry to hear of your medical problems, Julius and I wish you a speedy recovery..

Not so long ago, Alonso was bad mouthing Ferrari and now he's suddenly the greatest thing since sliced bread..

If Alonso could stop his jaw from flapping, stop making silly mistakes (Ste says he's only made two), :roll and do what he's paid to do, then maybe he could begin to repay the blind faith which some of his followers appear to have in him..

BTW Ste, i've checked this for typo's..(just for you).:lol

:clap

Nova
16th July 2010, 02:14

Right on baby..get em Felipe..:wave

Nova
16th July 2010, 02:16

Yea, get well soon mate...:thumb

Becool70
16th July 2010, 07:24
Hellow Mr Latin!!! so you r a another spanish guy who started watching F1 after Fernando started to drive for Ferrari? you should go and learn F1 and ferrari history first before making anymore comments.

Mate I was watching Senna ,Prost, shummy and Mansell in the streets of my home town of ADELAIDE back in 1987!!! So don't start with the assumptions mate... I don't claim to be an expert on F1 just a long term fan and YES I am a fan of Alonso because he is the BEST driver out there and I love his LATIN passion... Sorry mate I just dont like silly comments although u r entitled to your opinion :-P

Becool70
16th July 2010, 07:27
I would love to see what a lot of these Alonso haters will be saying when he starts winning.... and I'll be there to pounce on you!!! it's sickening..

Viva Alonso, Viva Massa. Viva Ferrari!!!!

MarlboroFA
16th July 2010, 09:18

It remains to be seen how alonsos "champion" rhetoric will then change as the season goes on.

Ga daar met je bla sukkeltje, omdat Spanje Nederland kapot heeft gemaakt ga je nu uithuilen op het forum....
Ja man als je 300 km per uur rijdt ga je nog lopen bedenken hoe je de media kan beinvloeden...
Ga huilebalk ga maar weer terug je grot in....

It funny to see a dutchmen coming on now to critize a Spanjard after The Netherlands lost out in the final to Spain (after playing like losers)..

Why don`t you just go back to the cave you came out off....

Rishu
16th July 2010, 09:45
Ga daar met je bla sukkeltje, omdat Spanje Nederland kapot heeft gemaakt ga je nu uithuilen op het forum....
Ja man als je 300 km per uur rijdt ga je nog lopen bedenken hoe je de media kan beinvloeden...

It funny to see a dutchmen coming on now to critize a Spanjard after The Netherlands lost out in the final to Spain (after playing like losers)..

Man, this is getting in wrong direction. We all here are Ferrari fans & that should be the boundary. Please don’t get Nationalities into it:-??

Julius
16th July 2010, 10:43
a dutchmen coming on now to critize a Spanjard after The Netherlands lost

That's an interesting thought. What is ironic is that I'm not dutch, and even though I do speak german and swedish, I really can't understand dutch too well either. In amsterdam everybody speaks english really well so there's no need to learn it. What is more ironic is that I actually cheered for spain in world cup, and for barcelona in general. I'm a regular visitor at nou camp, this pic is from last january against villa real.

http://j.imagehost.org/t/0386/villa_real_jan_1.jpg (http://j.imagehost.org/view/0386/villa_real_jan_1)

Anyway, that is somewhat besides the point. You or anybody else don't have to take anything anybody says in a forum so dead seriously. They're just subjective opinions and very much matters of taste, and always debatable. What intrigues me in formula 1 is the ongoing sop opera with colorful characters - well, I like the races a bit too. Now my leg is broken (thanks for the sympathy guys!) and I'm just making time pass.

I do cheer for ferrari too, have for long. But currently not so much due to the drivers but because I always found Luca D M, haha, very cool.

slither
16th July 2010, 10:59

:-!

SchumiForza
16th July 2010, 12:50
Reading the posts on this forum has become rather disturbing. Way too many driver fans have diluted the fairly subjective views we used to love.

That said, after being so fond of Michael for what he achieved at Ferrari for so many years, I (and probably many of you) felt rather disillusioned after the experience with the Kimi/Massa partnership. Having Alonso is exactly what Ferrari needed, exactly! I feel for Massa, he’s a great driver but I believe he’s struggling to stamp his authority now Alonso is there, it's no one’s fault, but the truth is simple; Alonso is a better all-round driver.

I think for anyone to bash our drivers this year is distasteful. Yes they have made mistakes, but I think people are conveniently forgetting how many Michael made. And we stuck by him, because he was our knight, our God almost. Seeing him struggle is something I can't figure out, was it the car all those years ago; No, can’t be, he was just too good. Right? Hmmm...

Anyway, the topic is about Alonso's radio transmission. I hear a person saying it’s a PR stunt; who cares, honestly! All I’m concerned about is how a driver (again don’t mind who) shows his passion/aggression on the race track in Red. Yes one’s made mistakes, but the car is simply not there, YET. I think by Abu Dhabi, we might see one winning something for us tifosi - and it'll be so sweet if it’s the 6 tenth man!

MarlboroFA
16th July 2010, 12:57
That's an interesting thought. What is ironic is that I'm not dutch, and even though I do speak german and swedish, I really can't understand dutch too well either. In amsterdam everybody speaks english really well so there's no need to learn it. What is more ironic is that I actually cheered for spain in world cup, and for barcelona in general. I'm a regular visitor at nou camp, this pic is from last january against villa real.

http://j.imagehost.org/t/0386/villa_real_jan_1.jpg (http://j.imagehost.org/view/0386/villa_real_jan_1)

Anyway, that is somewhat besides the point. You or anybody else don't have to take anything anybody says in a forum so dead seriously. They're just subjective opinions and very much matters of taste, and always debatable. What intrigues me in formula 1 is the ongoing sop opera with colorful characters - well, I like the races a bit too. Now my leg is broken (thanks for the sympathy guys!) and I'm just making time pass.

I do cheer for ferrari too, have for long. But currently not so much due to the drivers but because I always found Luca D M, haha, very cool.

I don`t take what you say or what is said here so dead serious....But you sugesting that someone who`s driving a car at 300 km thinks about what to say over the radio so that the media will have good coverage over him...
That is just plain BS, and you even thinking about something like that just comes to show that you really don`t know what you are talking about....
You think Fernando gives a (you know the word) about what the media thinks or speaks about him. We all know that Fernando is passionate and that when he speaks it comes from his hart, sometimes it bites him big time but he doesn`t care... And that shows that he doesn`t sit in the car to plan what to say.... I don`t think any driver sits and thinks before hand what to say when he finishes a race...

And don`t think I`m an irational fan, I`m the first to say that Alonso messed up a couple of races, and could have done better for his standards...
But people just attack him with the most lame excuses, just like they attack other driver to make there favo driver look good....
Why is that ?

I`m sorry to tell you to go back in to your cave, but It`s funny that you never post and then something like this happens and "all the haters read TROLLS" appear from nothing.
And if you read the Dutch press (they don`t like Alonso even less now) almost all the Dutch people that watch F1 hate Alonso only because of the fact he`s Spanish... And they hate him even more now because of the final....
And then they have the nerve to call Spaniards and others racists, when they are the biggest.
Don`t believe me ? Apartheid is a Dutch word.....

I

MarlboroFA
16th July 2010, 12:59
:-!

grappig een turkse moraal ridder....:-??

Agron
16th July 2010, 15:18
I would love to see what a lot of these Alonso haters will be saying when he starts winning....They won't be saying anything, trolls only get out of their caves when the object of their hatred is weakened, they don't have the courage and stick to their views when their mad teories are falling apart before facts.

Alonsomaniac
16th July 2010, 15:28

I know we lost the Worldchampionship to Spain, and there is also a Spanish player called Alonso but he is not the same guy that drives racingcars you know.........

Fernando is human, so he makes mistakes like we all do. But he is also a two-times WDC and all F1 insiders consider him to be one of the very best.
You state:
A catastrophically driven race
collision with team mate,
clear tactical driver errors,
pr fastest lap, and to finish it up;
pr drivel about team morals

I say this about it:
A catastrophical race but he drove well and fast
collision with team mate - first corner racing incident
clear tactical driver errors - you give no examples but I suppose you talk about overtaking Kubica. As drivers always do he immediately asked the team what to do, because a driver himself can never overlook the whole situation.
pr fastest lap - nonsense, he just always drives as fast as possible.
pr drivel about team morals - are you Derek Ogilvy that you can look in his head and tell WHY he said to the team what he said??

Ferrari_Fanatic
16th July 2010, 16:58
is Alonso mad???

i hate the cr ap were going through at the moment but seriously can we win it???

id say if we havent won in the next 2 races i don't think we will

vecchiasignora
16th July 2010, 19:05
Words are great. Everything is great, but reality is we stand less then 5 % chance of winning it.
For winning the constructors title, if we win about six back to back one - two's.And Considering Mclaren average 3rd and 5th positions on those six races.They will still be ahead of us by 5 points.

Thing is now, we have things out of our hands. We need to rely others to up alot as well.
I am looking for next season.

Alonsomaniac
16th July 2010, 19:07
is Alonso mad???

i hate the cr ap were going through at the moment but seriously can we win it???

id say if we havent won in the next 2 races i don't think we will

Alonso is not mad at all. He knows that when you give up you will surely lose.
Of course he knows it won't be easy, but as long as you believe it can be done you still have a chance.
A true champ will only stop fighting if there is no mathematical possibilty anymore to win.

Tifosi
16th July 2010, 19:09
Words are great. Everything is great, but reality is we stand less then 5 % chance of winning it.
For winning the constructors title, if we win about six back to back one - two's.And Considering Mclaren average 3rd and 5th positions on those six races.They will still be ahead of us by 5 points.

Thing is now, we have things out of our hands. We need to rely others to up alot as well.
I am looking for next season.

Thank heavens Ferrari don't think like you do or we'd have nothing to support ;-)

Julius
16th July 2010, 19:23
I don`t think any driver sits and thinks before hand what to say when he finishes a race...

This is where we differ; I do feel that all of them think and go through before and after the race the broadcasted interaction and how it sounded, and why and what they maybe say/said. It's only human. Pointing that out, and especially that this one sounded to me like pr talk, shouldn't make me a troll or a liar.

But think about it, all humans are social beings, we all constantly think how other people see us, it is natural - no man is an island.

This doesn't have to diminish alonso, nice guys don't win championships, in any sport. However, my position still is that this time it went overboard considering the events of the race.

Alonsomaniac
16th July 2010, 22:46
And if you read the Dutch press (they don`t like Alonso even less now) almost all the Dutch people that watch F1 hate Alonso only because of the fact he`s Spanish... And they hate him even more now because of the final....
And then they have the nerve to call Spaniards and others racists, when they are the biggest.
Don`t believe me ? Apartheid is a Dutch word.....

I

Eh.......I'm Dutch and an Alonso- and Ferrarifan although I didn't like to see us loose the final - but Spain won and they deserved the win. That's sports.
And Apartheid is South-African, not Dutch.
But NEVER call me or my country racist again please, I take that as an insult.

Tifosi
17th July 2010, 10:28
Making generic assumptions about an entire country of people is just intellectually stupid. Prolly best not to do it on a forum with rules on the matter either. :-)

redb
17th July 2010, 23:11
Good grief, this has degenerated....

People, what you have here in a message of a Team leader to everyone saying we will fight on. Think of Churchill's "we shall fight them on the beach....." speech. It was a good speech to keep everybody's chin up, and I appreciate the gesture. I am sure the folks back at the factory when they heard it, gave them heart.

FerrariPassion
18th July 2010, 20:24
I really like Alonso a lot, I dont think of him as ' the all mighty savior of Ferrari', never have. I think he's a great addition to the team. Though I still want to see Massa just kick his ass in a race:lol I do like the combo of Alonso and Massa at Ferrari. Both are very emotional and animated. Im a big fan of both.

Yes, I miss Kimi being there, but life goes on, I got over it 5 minutes after the news broke. Im still a very very big Kimi fan, and get slack for still being a dedicated Ferrari Fan ..I laugh at the Ferrari Haters whining all day long. Funny, if they hate them so much why do they pay attention to everything they do. Sorry get over it Kimis not there anymore, suck it up, get over it. He chose not to stay in F1. I am very happy hes enjoying WRC.

I really hope Ferrari comes back to the front, I know they will put everything they can into it. :thumb And besides its fun to see the Ferrari Haters Day ruined:-D

slither
18th July 2010, 22:58
grappig een turkse moraal ridder....:-??

Neden gidip hitlerin seni becerdigini hayal ederek kendini tatmin etmiyorsun? :)

vcs316
19th July 2010, 03:52
[QUOTE=Julius;613321]This is where we differ; I do feel that all of them think and go through before and after the race the broadcasted interaction and how it sounded, and why and what they maybe say/said. It's only human. Pointing that out, and especially that this one sounded to me like pr talk, shouldn't make me a troll or a liar.[QUOTE]

Yeah right. Instead of race strategy they talk about what to say on the radio before and after the race. Instead of concentrating on the start they concentrate on "broadcast interaction" and how they sound. :roll

Do they practice what to say & how to say in front of the mirror or they have simulators for that too? :-??

Katu
19th July 2010, 06:54
after the race they know exactly well when team radio will be brodcasted http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdXf-KPcEw4 exaple could be Webbers 'not bad for nr2 driver' he knew that everyone would hear it. Fernando had the time in the world to come up with this and i believe also it's a part of PR talk, but motivating to team aswell. still two sided thing

Ferrari_Fanatic
19th July 2010, 12:14
anybody know where i can hear Alonso's radio message after the british gp??

Naeem
19th July 2010, 13:06
Murray Walker thinks Fernando will win the WDC, who are we to say any different.

Ferrari_Fanatic
19th July 2010, 13:09
Murray Walker thinks Fernando will win the WDC, who are we to say any different.

yeah i saw that too....and i'll take that too! :)

Julius
19th July 2010, 18:38
Yeah right. Instead of race strategy they talk about what to say on the radio before and after the race.

C'moon, did I say that? What I suggested was that maybe the drivers think about it while "having a ...", as a last thought before falling into sleep, during the breakfast, or what do I know. Not "instead of race strategy".

Reading skills people.

And yeah, this is definitely not a black and white issue.

vcs316
20th July 2010, 03:32
C'moon, did I say that? What I suggested was that maybe the drivers think about it while "having a ...", as a last thought before falling into sleep, during the breakfast, or what do I know. Not "instead of race strategy".

Reading skills people.

And yeah, this is definitely not a black and white issue.

The following line is exactly what you said:

"I do feel that all of them think and go through before and after the race the broadcasted interaction and how it sounded, and why and what they maybe say/said."

Maybe you meant, this is what they think before going to sleep or during breakfast. I find it very hard to believe that before the race (while sleeping or over breakfast) drivers would think what to say over the radio and how they sound. Wouldn't they go over strategies/start/race craft/ self motivation rather than what to say over the radio? Its Formula 1 racing championship not Formula 1 radio championship.

We can read all right Julius and this is what we are reading into your post. :-)

Julius
20th July 2010, 05:33
Its Formula 1 racing championship not Formula 1 radio championship.

I'm beginning to think as well that maybe this is blowing out of proportion, but you don't find it credible that they would be able to do both with relative ease?

I mean they would think about their ego like while walking into race tactic palaver, or at some point before and after the race - you know, while waking up or falling to sleep. Is that really so hard to believe?

Anywhoo, Vettel seems to think too that all drivers are egoists. Original story was in Der Spiegel.

"Every driver is an egotist because you go down in Formula One if you aren't"

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/6268551/Vettel-All-F1-drivers-are-egotists

vcs316
20th July 2010, 06:11
I'm beginning to think as well that maybe this is blowing out of proportion, but you don't find it credible that they would be able to do both with relative ease?

You are right, It is being blown out of proportion and I don't find it credible that they would plan radio communication.

Top 10 radio moments from f1fanatic:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/07/17/top-ten-team-radio-moments-video/

I highly doubt any of these would be planned...

Lets agree to disagree on this topic :-)

Julius
20th July 2010, 06:36
I highly doubt any of these would be planned...

I absolutely doubt it too! And that wasn't the point. I still think that for instance both webber and alonso concerning the last race planned - at some point - what to say in the finish, were aware of the broadcast and thought about it afterwards. :-)

Lets agree to disagree on this topic :-)

Haha yeah lets do that.

Tifosi
20th July 2010, 08:06
I absolutely doubt it too! And that wasn't the point. I still think that for instance both webber and alonso concerning the last race planned - at some point - what to say in the finish, were aware of the broadcast and thought about it afterwards. :-)

Webber probably thought up his "Number 2" outburst on the spur of the moment. It was hardly the Gettysburg address was it? Just a bitter driver thinking on his feet in a situation. Drivers are quite intelligent you know. It's a skill of most moderately intelligent people to think on their feet (or bum in an F1 driver's case) and speak accordingly.

It doesn't take a genious to say something motivational or indeed sarcastic, either from the heart or the brain. No complex themes or play on words were involved, time wasn't needed to process the nature of what was said or ponder "Ah..... that's clever.... I see what he's done there, he's using an allegory to describe his struggle against the Red Bull oppressors!" :roll

Do you think Heikki Kovalainen has a pre-planned radio nugget then just in case he wins.... in case he can't think of summat meaningful, highly original and from the heart should the occasion arise? Maybe he practices the pronounciation of "Colin Chapman" so that it will sound "really British" and therefore more meaningful if he ever has to use it.

I think Lewis could do with some tips from Alonso and Webber though. Shouting "woooo" and "you guys" all the time is a real waste of an opportunity. ;-)

Perhaps Alonso is building us up to a great catalogue of rhetorical speeches, starting with his rousing yet highly patronising (according to you) team builder all the way through to "The Alonso Guide To Life and ultimate fulfillment" which he might be able to fit in after the flag at Spa (nice long track :-)) - maybe even a couple of adverts for personal sponsors and a song too. :roll

Sorry, my sarcasm took over there :-D

Ant Raikkonen
20th July 2010, 09:31
Webber probably thought up his "Number 2" outburst on the spur of the moment. It was hardly the Gettysburg address was it? Just a bitter driver thinking on his feet in a situation. Drivers are quite intelligent you know. It's a skill of most moderately intelligent people to think on their feet (or bum in an F1 driver's case) and speak accordingly.

It doesn't take a genious to say something motivational or indeed sarcastic, either from the heart or the brain. No complex themes or play on words were involved, time wasn't needed to process the nature of what was said or ponder "Ah..... that's clever.... I see what he's done there, he's using an allegory to describe his struggle against the Red Bull oppressors!" :roll

Do you think Heikki Kovalainen has a pre-planned radio nugget then just in case he wins.... in case he can't think of summat meaningful, highly original and from the heart should the occasion arise? Maybe he practices the pronounciation of "Colin Chapman" so that it will sound "really British" and therefore more meaningful if he ever has to use it.

I think Lewis could do with some tips from Alonso and Webber though. Shouting "woooo" and "you guys" all the time is a real waste of an opportunity. ;-)

Perhaps Alonso is building us up to a great catalogue of rhetorical speeches, starting with his rousing yet highly patronising (according to you) team builder all the way through to "The Alonso Guide To Life and ultimate fulfillment" which he might be able to fit in after the flag at Spa (nice long track :-)) - maybe even a couple of adverts for personal sponsors and a song too. :roll

Don't apologise. It was like a mirror to my soul! :-D

Indeed, Spa's a very long lap but the post race inlap doesn't even get as far as the bottom of Eau Rouge does it.
Was perfect for Kimi & his "on the beaches" rhetorics.

Julius
20th July 2010, 11:09

So I see :lol and that is cool. Sarcasm is something I appreciate.

However, and I was hoping it didn't have to come to this, but you guys leave me no options. Yes, I'm afraid so, we have to resort to social-psychology. And first of all we have to consider what is meant by "thinking" in social interaction.

You do know that identities are socially constructed. In interaction with others we build an image of ourselves, and then act accordingly, whether it is done consciously or not. It is therefore difficult to define the degree we think and act spontaneously, or "with our feet".

So it's maybe not relevant to ask whether drivers drivels come from the "heart" or the "brain". Maybe it would be better to ask in what kind of mental state each individual is, and how does that and his reaction relate to his identity. Webber for instance said what he said because of frustration to reality - or the actions of his team in his opinion - being not in accordance with his self image as a title contender.

It's the same with alonso. After a badly driven race some image repair was needed. Now, how spontaneous these actions were, we can only speculate. But surely they acted according to their identity or the way they're ego tells them to. Whether this is from the "heart" or "brain" is in my opinion purely a rhetorical question. What is sure is that both of these were deliberate, and I bet even the choice of words were pondered - which is not to say that everything drivers say on radio is.

If you think that the drivers are not aware of their speeches being broadcasted all over the world, and that they are not doing any mental work on it, you are kidding yourselves.

Ok, sorry for this silly jargon haha, clearly I have too much time on my hands. There are many sides to the story. If I remember correctly, kovalainens girlfriend is a sports psychologists or sorts, and maybe that's why he behaves like he does - in a more mentally healthy way - and drives a lotus.

Tifosi
20th July 2010, 13:26
So I see :lol and that is cool. Sarcasm is something I appreciate.

However, and I was hoping it didn't have to come to this, but you guys leave me no options. Yes, I'm afraid so, we have to resort to social-psychology. And first of all we have to consider what is meant by "thinking" in social interaction.

You do know that identities are socially constructed. In interaction with others we build an image of ourselves, and then act accordingly, whether it is done consciously or not. It is therefore difficult to define the degree we think and act spontaneously, or "with our feet".

So it's maybe not relevant to ask whether drivers drivels come from the "heart" or the "brain". Maybe it would be better to ask in what kind of mental state each individual is, and how does that and his reaction relate to his identity. Webber for instance said what he said because of frustration to reality - or the actions of his team in his opinion - being not in accordance with his self image as a title contender.

It's the same with alonso. After a badly driven race some image repair was needed. Now, how spontaneous these actions were, we can only speculate. But surely they acted according to their identity or the way they're ego tells them to. Whether this is from the "heart" or "brain" is in my opinion purely a rhetorical question. What is sure is that both of these were deliberate, and I bet even the choice of words were pondered - which is not to say that everything drivers say on radio is.

If you think that the drivers are not aware of their speeches being broadcasted all over the world, and that they are not doing any mental work on it, you are kidding yourselves.

Ok, sorry for this silly jargon haha, clearly I have too much time on my hands. There are many sides to the story. If I remember correctly, kovalainens girlfriend is a sports psychologists or sorts, and maybe that's why he behaves like he does - in a more mentally healthy way - and drives a lotus.

Remind me never to break my leg dude, I didn't realise just how bored it can make you heheh ;-)

Julius
20th July 2010, 14:17
just how bored

You have no idea man, lacking words. :lol

Suzie
20th July 2010, 19:56

Aw, I prefer to take the sentimental view that it's all spontaneous; said on the spur of the moment and coming straight from the heart. Like the Felipe quote in my sig from Interlagos 2008 - no way was that pre-planned, it was raw emotion. (Okay, okay, I'll take my rose-tinted specs off now.)

Having said that, I have no time for Mark Webber's passive-aggressive radio messages, Jenson's 'Yeah BABY!' or Vettel's whooping. Yuk.