PDA

View Full Version : We will be F1 champions, says Ferrari's Alonso

vcs316
13th July 2010, 07:04
Ferrari will still win the Formula One championship despite failing to score any points in Britain at the weekend, according to their double world champion Fernando Alonso.

The team website (www.ferrari.com) quoted the Spaniard as telling his team not to be downhearted after he and Brazilian Felipe Massa finished 14th and 15th respectively at Silverstone on Sunday.

"OK guys, keep your heads up. We will win the championship," Alonso said over the team radio after setting the fastest lap right at the end of the race.

"We are only halfway through the season and there is plenty of time to recover. We have a great car and we proved that to everyone this weekend and confirmed it with this fastest race lap.

"It is only the first half and we know we have to do better in the second one and we will do exactly that."

Ferrari's performance on Sunday was the Italian team's worst of the season and their first failure to score any points in a race since the 2009 season-ender in Abu Dhabi.

Massa has now failed to score points in his last three races while Alonso had taken a mere 19 in that period and is now fifth overall, 47 points behind McLaren's championship leader Lewis Hamilton with nine races and a maximum 225 points left.

Ferrari are third in the constructors' standings, 113 points behind leaders McLaren.

"We are angry that we did not get the results which we were capable of delivering, but this anger must be turned into a positive force," team boss Stefano Domenicali said at a debriefing on Monday.

"We just have to knuckle down and continue with the development of the car, working calmly, with great concentration and determination. Then, the results will come."

-----------

FORZA FERRARI !! :ferrarifl

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12072010/2/motor-racing-f1-champions-says-ferrari-alonso.html

Tifosi
13th July 2010, 08:00
Fernando has been pretty guarded so far in what he's said about our chances, so to say that is either pretty encouraging - or he's losing it :-D

I get a very real sense that the anger in the team over the last 2 races is borne of frustration in that their "bad luck" :-?? is coinciding with real progress with the car but that they have been unable to show it.We couldn't see anything much on Sunday after Fernando's poor start because he ended up in the Kubica train. Similarly with Massa after the collision.

However, we were classified last of the runners on the final lap yet we lad the 2 fastest laps of the race. Alonso's was over a second faster than our nearest competitor.You can argue the toss about the circumstance but it's still a positive sign none the less.

Alonso's optimism should be infectious and I for one can't wait for Germany cos it should prove the direction we're going in.

One thing is for sure is that if it doesn't, we're running out of time.

Greig
13th July 2010, 08:24
I think we can still do it, surely our luck will change soon

Fiondella
13th July 2010, 08:26
And winnig will taste that much sweeter when it comes and it will. FOR SURE

m schumy
13th July 2010, 08:56
It`s really good he is optimistic and motivated :-)

Rishu
13th July 2010, 09:22
Perfect reason why he is double world champion:thumb

I trust him & our team

slither
13th July 2010, 10:33
If Fernando builds a mood like "Do what I say, when I say" in the team, we will have the chance to get the championship. He has to take the control, he has the talent for sure, so if the team quits making mistakes, we would have a chance to win.

About the bad luck thing, I do not believe in such a thing. That is all about strategy and decisions. Fernando could have passed the SC like Hamilton, but I am glad he didn't. Or in Silverstone, team may call Fernando just after the penalty was announced.

A team principle should not hide behind bad luck when it comes to winning.

Anni
13th July 2010, 10:44
If Fernando builds a mood like "Do what I say, when I say" in the team, we will have the chance to get the championship. He has to take the control, he has the talent for sure, so if the team quits making mistakes, we would have a chance to win.

About the bad luck thing, I do not believe in such a thing. That is all about strategy and decisions. Fernando could have passed the SC like Hamilton, but I am glad he didn't. Or in Silverstone, team may call Fernando just after the penalty was announced.

Donīt agree with you here. If Alonso would start with "Do what I say, when I say" the mood in the team wonīt be very good. They need to do this as a TEAM!

Tifosi
13th July 2010, 12:54
Yep. Ferrari is a team that contains Alonso and Fernando knows and respects that. One person can never be "the team" even if some think he is a living deity. :lol

gvsnraju85
13th July 2010, 13:41
One thing that everyone seems to forgetting is that the fastest lap that we set in the final stages of the was due to the fact that both our drivers were running on a fresh set of tyres while the rest of the field was running on old set of tyres. :Hmm

Tifosi
13th July 2010, 14:00
One thing that everyone seems to forgetting is that the fastest lap that we set in the final stages of the was due to the fact that both our drivers were running on a fresh set of tyres while the rest of the field was running on old set of tyres. :Hmm

Fernando must have forgotten too in that case cos it was him that started it! :-D

ICEMAN_89
13th July 2010, 14:21

And don't forget that Vettel got passed Massa like nothing with tyres that he had had since lap 2

slither
13th July 2010, 14:47
Yep. Ferrari is a team that contains Alonso and Fernando knows and respects that. One person can never be "the team" even if some think he is a living deity. :lol

I am not an Alonso fan, I just support Ferrari whoever the drivers are (hope that hamilton never drives a Ferrari :) and never supported a driver. The main aspect is someone has to be the boss, and in fact this has to be Domenicali who just can't manage. The radio message of Fernando "Do not talk to me" is kind of "Do what I say, when I say" thing.

Of course Ferrari is a team, but remember the Schumi years.

One thing that everyone seems to forgetting is that the fastest lap that we set in the final stages of the was due to the fact that both our drivers were running on a fresh set of tyres while the rest of the field was running on old set of tyres.

Yes, right.

Low fuel load , good roadholding of the track because of the high amount of rubber on it compared to the early laps, fresh tyres, gives you fastest laps.

Tifosi
13th July 2010, 15:20
I am not an Alonso fan, I just support Ferrari whoever the drivers are (hope that hamilton never drives a Ferrari :) and never supported a driver. The main aspect is someone has to be the boss, and in fact this has to be Domenicali who just can't manage. The radio message of Fernando "Do not talk to me" is kind of "Do what I say, when I say" thing.

Of course Ferrari is a team, but remember the Schumi years.

The Schumi years are as good an example as any of a team working together. :-) The driver cannot control the team. The team can build itself around 1 driver if it choses to.

Brakefade
13th July 2010, 15:37
Maybe Ferrari has finally figured out the RB secret. Of course they're not gonna come out and say it, but this statement does seem rather bold from Fernando who is a realist.

straycat
13th July 2010, 16:14
his tires were cold when he set the time and even if what other fans are posting on here is valid, that the others had worn tires, who cares...he returned defiantly and built confidance in a shaken team. a driver is not the team but a leader is the team and he is rapidly becomming the strength in ferrari.

Suzie
13th July 2010, 16:38
I like Fernando's fighting attitude. He knows better than we do about what the car and team is capable of in the second half of the season, after all. Whether there is such a thing as bad luck or not, it's fair to say that we were completely in the doldrums at Silverstone, and all we need to do now is pick ourselves up and try 10 times as hard to win in Germany.
Red Bull are imploding internally and we need to capitalise on that.

FFFerrari
13th July 2010, 18:09
The car has leaped ahead a lot but the drivers and/or the team has been the reason of the poor performances in the last three races. If the drivers can put their focus on performing and the team stops doing insane choices like being steadfast to not give the position back to Kubica in Silverstone, then maybe they are back on the podium in next few races. But to say this early that they (read: Alonso) are still realistically gunning for WDC is a bit far fetched. That doesn't require that he will drive flawlessly, it also requires that Hamilton, Button, Vettel and Webber all fail badly in many races. And I just don't see that happening.

Rob
13th July 2010, 18:19
This is what LCDM said at meeting yesterday...

Luca di Montezemolo also spoke at the meeting: “I have nothing to add here about what happened yesterday at the track, to what Domenicali has already said. There is no point in crying about it and I want the team to tackle the second half of the season in a positive manner. We have gone through much worse moments than this and we have come through them, but clearly we can no longer afford to lose opportunities, which for various reasons, have escaped us in the last two races, even though we had a competitive car. As things stand today, qualifying and the start have become the decisive moments, so we must improve in these areas if we want to win. I expect everyone will give 100% to bring home points quickly to make up for those we have lost to date. All of us, myself, Domenicali, the engineers, mechanics and drivers, know what everyone, especially our fans expect.”

evo_spook
13th July 2010, 18:20
I am not an Alonso fan, I just support Ferrari whoever the drivers are (hope that hamilton never drives a Ferrari :) and never supported a driver..

People said the same about Alonso, once the childish team rivallry is out the way,people love winning drivers on their team.

Rob
13th July 2010, 18:21
Good to know that Alonso isnt getting his head down and not giving up. Im very impressed with what he said. Its still long season, we do have strong car, just need our luck too change. It will, we are still in the hunt for WDC WCC, i got 100% faith in the team. Roll on Hockenheim.

Becool70
18th July 2010, 04:40

I AGREE!!!

WDC 2010
19th July 2010, 07:05
Wake up and smell the wheel gun fernando!!

You keep propping our hopes up and keep stuffing up your races

keep your mouth shut and win races :roll

mad_ani
19th July 2010, 08:03

That is the job of team principle or a driver to be in command/control...not a driver, however a driver can certainly do that to motivate everyone. :)

A driver cannot serve penalty when the safety car is deployed...So Alonso came in after the SC came back into the pits..There was no strategic error in that sense from the team

Greig
24th October 2010, 09:11
bump........

Aussie
24th October 2010, 09:17
Ferrari will still win the Formula One championship despite failing to score any points in Britain at the weekend, according to their double world champion Fernando Alonso.

The team website (www.ferrari.com) quoted the Spaniard as telling his team not to be downhearted after he and Brazilian Felipe Massa finished 14th and 15th respectively at Silverstone on Sunday.

"OK guys, keep your heads up. We will win the championship," Alonso said over the team radio after setting the fastest lap right at the end of the race.

"We are only halfway through the season and there is plenty of time to recover. We have a great car and we proved that to everyone this weekend and confirmed it with this fastest race lap.

"It is only the first half and we know we have to do better in the second one and we will do exactly that."

Ferrari's performance on Sunday was the Italian team's worst of the season and their first failure to score any points in a race since the 2009 season-ender in Abu Dhabi.

Massa has now failed to score points in his last three races while Alonso had taken a mere 19 in that period and is now fifth overall, 47 points behind McLaren's championship leader Lewis Hamilton with nine races and a maximum 225 points left.

Ferrari are third in the constructors' standings, 113 points behind leaders McLaren.

"We are angry that we did not get the results which we were capable of delivering, but this anger must be turned into a positive force," team boss Stefano Domenicali said at a debriefing on Monday.

"We just have to knuckle down and continue with the development of the car, working calmly, with great concentration and determination. Then, the results will come."

-----------

FORZA FERRARI !! :ferrarifl

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/12072010/2/motor-racing-f1-champions-says-ferrari-alonso.html

Forza Alonso

vagos
24th October 2010, 09:20
Forza Alonso

:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:dance:d ance:dance:dance:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:fer rarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:fer rarifl:ferrarifl

brava
24th October 2010, 09:34
How true seem his words now...:clap:clap:clap:clap

Ferrari Man
24th October 2010, 11:28
:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl :ferrarifl:ferrarifl :ferrarifl:ferrarifl

sav_pap
25th October 2010, 07:06
Yes we will!!!!!!