PDA

View Full Version : Massa To Talk With Alonso About Silverstone

vcs316
15th July 2010, 03:26
Felipe Massa isn't happy with teammate Fernando Alonso about their contact on the opening lap of the British GP...

Felipe Massa vowed to "talk" to his teammate Fernando Alonso about their first-lap collision at Silverstone.

Largely overlooked by the media amid the Red Bull controversy and Alonso's penalty for overtaking Robert Kubica, Massa's race was ruined in Britain after he touched the sister Ferrari in the Beckett's complex.

The Brazilian sustained contact to his front wing, but more damagingly a punctured rear tire that had to be replaced in the pits.

He is quoted by the Portuguese language aeiou.pt: "I'll talk to Alonso to find out why he has touched my car.

"You really must not touch your teammate's car," added the 29-year-old.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-felipe-massa-to-talk-with-ferraris-fernando-alonso-about-silverstone/

voiko
15th July 2010, 04:47
I think people trying to cause controversy in ferrari... its rubbish.. it was a normal racing incident.. he didnt obviously hit him on purpose!

NJB13
15th July 2010, 04:54
I'd like to know how Hamilton has managed to avoid any attention to having hit cars at the start of the last two races - Vettel both times I think.

XXX132
15th July 2010, 04:57
With the current champioship(s) situation, Massa should be supporting FA now. Just keep out of his way and if he really must ram someone, ram the Liewser.:lol

Talking of whom (as distasteful as it is) wasn't it Liewser that damaged Vettel's car in turn 1? Not the first time these two have clashed this season...Maybe Seb should have a talk with him.

mad_ani
15th July 2010, 05:22
Was first reported in motorsport.com..

As always, Massa will do his talking within closed walls and will not air his views in public...I dont think Massa has had any troubles with past team mates and he will handle this one very maturely. It was a racing accident and Massa was unlucky. The extra wide front wings has its downsides as well...

^^ I dont think there is need to ram anyone else in the championship or have any such "incidents".F1 isnt demolition derby..and I believe both drivers race until one has no chance of winning the championship...

Suzie
15th July 2010, 07:23
Racing accident - Felipe has given one sentence about the matter and the press are attempting to make a story out of it. :-!

racingbradley
15th July 2010, 08:11
Racing accident - Felipe has given one sentence about the matter and the press are attempting to make a story out of it. :-!

The press would like these two to be at each others throats! Doubt if they will get their way!!!!! ;-);-)

mad_ani
15th July 2010, 08:42
Lol, the press has tried to do the same with Mclaren and REdbull...and tehys eema bit more successful after Mark got pi$$ed off..looks like they are totally out of news stories.....i simply cant imagine what will happen in the 3 week break next month

Mirage
15th July 2010, 09:07
Massa dive bombs inside Alonso in the middle of beckets ( a crazy place to overtake) in the middle of first lap mayhem and hes wondering why Alonso 'hit him'? lol. Wasnt Alonso critisized for diving inside Massa a few races ago?

That was reckless driving from Massa. If Alonso had pulled that move in the same situation I would say the same thing. You dont overtake there because the car infront will never expect it.

mad_ani
15th July 2010, 09:12
Maybe this will clear the arguments

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbv9de8p_Sg

Tifosi
15th July 2010, 09:25
There will be 3 points of view on this (as there is with all incidents involving Fernando).

1. Fernando is totally blameless, regardless of anything.
2. It's Alonso's fault
3. A reasoned attitude to what actually happened.

Trying to debate No. 3 here is really like pushing treacle uphill because of the Number of No.1 advocats we have. Prolly best not to bother :-P

slither
15th July 2010, 12:04
I don't think Fernando did it consciously. It is just a race incident. Happens all the time.

Marcus Gronholm
15th July 2010, 12:49
It's no race incident

Kingdom Hearts
15th July 2010, 13:09
I can't believe that Massa is saying this in the open, to the press. Ferrari is right now in a really bad moment, we don't need this kind of the stuff. Probably is his way to justify his poor race but is nothing more than an race incident, nobody to blame or both to blame.

slither
15th July 2010, 13:11
It's no race incident

What would you call that if Felipe did the same thing? I would still call that race incident.

FFFerrari
15th July 2010, 13:29
It was a race incident and these things have happened a lot more this season. Perhaps because of the extra large front wings, perhaps the tires puncture more easily if impacted from the side. But Massa couldn't avoid it, the blame (if you want to point a finger) falls more to Alonso's direction. And since both are latinos and need to shine in their local tabloids, they need to address these issues out in the open. Not the best way to build team spirit, but they will do it anyways.

Stormsearcher
15th July 2010, 13:49
Yea. Alonso had schemed this from the beginning. He would take out massa no matter what. Infact i think he deliberately did a bad start so he could fall back and ruin massas race. After all the two of them are leading the championship and its best to cut his wings now.
What a load of crap. This is just press trying to stirr up something here so that they can have 2 top teams with in-fighting.. while their golden boys at McCheaters show the world what "love" is. gosh!

Grinsomx
15th July 2010, 15:02
It was a race incident and these things have happened a lot more this season. Perhaps because of the extra large front wings, perhaps the tires puncture more easily if impacted from the side. But Massa couldn't avoid it, the blame (if you want to point a finger) falls more to Alonso's direction. And since both are latinos and need to shine in their local tabloids, they need to address these issues out in the open. Not the best way to build team spirit, but they will do it anyways.

i dont think you can blame either of them,
If massa had eased off people would be saying he's too timid
If alonso had eased off people would be screaming even harder over his bad start as there would be more cars overtaking him after that point.
racing incident, they dont take each other out on purpose...whatever happend

straycat
15th July 2010, 15:05
more sensationalism from an irresponsible media.

aroutis
15th July 2010, 16:11
It's no race incident

You 're absolutely right. Come to think of it, Alonso's car had a new update that was made for the sole purpose of ruining other peoples' races and was developed after Valencia, it 's called the Eliminator, it's a new update that he'll be using now on everyone, since Ferrari beta tested it on Alonso's team mate with success.:lol

Now, having joked bout it all, you do realize this IS a clear case of a racing incident, unless of course you'd like to explain what exactly you think it is.

Suzie
15th July 2010, 17:38
i dont think you can blame either of them,
If massa had eased off people would be saying he's too timid
If alonso had eased off people would be screaming even harder over his bad start as there would be more cars overtaking him after that point.
racing incident, they dont take each other out on purpose...whatever happend

Good call, great way to look at it.

And regarding McLaren, I am SO sick of Lewis and Jenson's 'aren't we buddies, aren't we pals' routine. Yuk.

F1ferrarifanUSA
15th July 2010, 18:37
With the current champioship(s) situation, Massa should be supporting FA now. Just keep out of his way and if he really must ram someone, ram the Liewser.:lol

Talking of whom (as distasteful as it is) wasn't it Liewser that damaged Vettel's car in turn 1? Not the first time these two have clashed this season...Maybe Seb should have a talk with him.

Massa had a better start on the British GP and he could have scored more points if Fernando did not touched his car.

killer
16th July 2010, 02:12
Good times. :-) Love the translation, though... it's almost risque: "I'll talk to Alonso to find out why he has touched my car... You really must not touch your teammate's car."

Am with GrinsomX. Things like that happen; it is motor racing after all.

Nova
16th July 2010, 02:19
Rule #1 Try not to touch your teammates car..if you must touch a car, touch someone else's car..but
a pleasa no toucha yu teamamates car....vavavoom :-G

xpman
16th July 2010, 09:35
why was Massa racing against Alonso anyways hes Blown his WDC chances this year and am bit suprised at Ferrari Not giving the order to him for rest year you driving shotgun for Alonso.
Plus I still think hes Still Not all there (like old Massa ) after the accident he had last year. Think hes in same "PLACE" where Schumy is now but just arrived there in a different way.
Or to put it another way he was like F.Tores in world cup played every match but was never 100% like his old self as he never fully recovered from his old injury /operation came back abit too soon.

slither
16th July 2010, 10:09
Felipe is just not doing good under pressure. If he had won 1-2 races at the beginning of the season he would be a shining star now. He is some kind of emotional I think. Of course there are results of the accident, but all he need is to win a race, then he would be better I think (of course with a better car).

Marcus Gronholm
16th July 2010, 10:45
Alonso is just not doing good under pressure. Under pressure Alonso admits a lot of mistakes. Includes a collision with a partner

At the last race, we could be finish on 3 and 4 spot, but did not happen.