PDA

View Full Version : BBC furious as Ron Dennis sabotages Eddie Jordan

DIEK
17th July 2010, 17:02
Ron Dennis has apparently angered the BBC after he sabotaged Eddie Jordan’s equipment during the post race show at Silverstone – literally cutting off his fellow former team boss in his prime.

Dennis has a history as a practical joker, building himself a reputation during the Ayrton Senna/Gerhard Berger era at McLaren.

He appeared in the background behind Jordan at the start of a question and answer session with Christian Horner, but then quickly disappeared with a big smile on his face.

As Eddie began to talk to Horner he had no sound through his ears, and when a BBC technician dashed into inspect EJ’s equipment he found that the wires from the control box on his belt to his earpieces – specially made for him much like those used by drivers – had been cut. He thus couldn’t hear the director or properly participate in the show, and when standard set of earpieces was hurriedly supplied, they kept falling out.

EJ didn’t find the Dennis joke as funny as Ron did, and neither did the BBC, and apart from anything else Ron had in effect damaged equipment paid for by the public…

Apparently Martin Whitmarsh was also a little embarrassed by the behaviour of the McLaren chairman, who has otherwise kept a low profile this year.

Jordan is believed to be on holiday at the moment, and it remains to be seen whether any further action is taken. One intriguing aspect to the story is that Dennis is believed this year to be using a pass provided by Bernie Ecclestone rather than the McLaren team. And the BBC is a rather valuable partner of Bernie and FOM…

Readers in the UK can check out the incident and its aftermath on the BBC iPlayer at around the 2:31.30 mark.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00t24jx/Formula_1_2010_The_British_Grand_Prix/

http://adamcooperf1.com/2010/07/13/bbc-furious-as-ron-dennis-sabotages-eddie-jordan/

Suzie
17th July 2010, 17:10
I don't like EJ OR Ron Dennis - but any action taken over this would show a severe lack of sense of humour by the BBC.
Anything that might get Ron into trouble and stops EJ from spewing out drivel can only be a good thing.

Brakefade
17th July 2010, 19:43
If I was EJ I would've punched that bald headed clown square in the nose.

DIEK
17th July 2010, 20:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7vxjuxbWw&feature=player_embedded

Look at last moment... :-E

DIEK
17th July 2010, 20:09
Capture of the moment...

http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3527/dibujoqse.jpg

Hermann
17th July 2010, 20:50
RD knows some things about sabotages- yeah baby.

steelstallions
17th July 2010, 20:52
Dennis has a history as a practical joker,

Yeah he thought it would be funny to steal some blue prints and make out he knew nothing about it, that was soooooooooo funny when he got fined :tongue

coysht
17th July 2010, 21:26
I can't really see the problem - he should have done it properly and cut his microphone!

Ron's got a few quid, I'm sure he'll pay for the equipment, if not, they can use my licence fee to pay for it and finish the job by getting rid of EJ off my TV.

Rob
17th July 2010, 21:29
I can't really see the problem - he should have done it properly and cut his microphone!

Ron's got a few quid, I'm sure he'll pay for the equipment, if not, they can use my licence fee to pay for it and finish the job by getting rid of EJ off my TV.

+1 :clap:-D

Tifosi
17th July 2010, 21:38
would have been funnier if he'd pinched his wig instead :-)

slither
17th July 2010, 21:52
When I listen or read what EJ says, I always think of "why didn't you apply those suggestions when you were a team boss man?".

epiclyaddicted
18th July 2010, 10:36
would have been funnier if he'd pinched his wig instead :-)

:rotfl

durden
18th July 2010, 16:17

Please! I can't stand the BS that spews out of his mouth.

schuey612
18th July 2010, 18:02
haha, i just think it's really funny and we need more of this in f1. i personally like EJ's comments and find him and DC interesting. However EJ does take it a bit to far, so on some occations it might be worth cutting him off so someone else can speak. EJ does normally get interviews from people the others can't though, like grabbing michael out of the ferrari garage last year.

Tifosi
18th July 2010, 21:01
haha, i just think it's really funny and we need more of this in f1. i personally like EJ's comments and find him and DC interesting. However EJ does take it a bit to far, so on some occations it might be worth cutting him off so someone else can speak. EJ does normally get interviews from people the others can't though, like grabbing michael out of the ferrari garage last year.

Here's a Devil's advocate question for you. Would you rather have EJ - or Mark Blundell back? :lol I agree that he does have his uses though and he understands that he's in the entertainment business at the very least. ;-)

(nice to see you around again btw Sam :-) )

Agron
18th July 2010, 22:35
It was refreshing, but knowing McLaren and the effort they are putting in portraying themselves and their drivers as being friendly and funny, it's not that unreasonable to think they decided to get some free publicity and warm feelings from fans and reporters without suffering the negative effects of it, Ron being the perfect person for the job as he is the face of the marque while not being the head of the company, so McLaren looks refreshing and having a good sense of humour but at the same time serious by stating they don't approve of his behaviour.
Whatever, good for them, let's hope others take their example and so we can start reading more about the funny jokes and pranks and see people in a positive manner rather than what we have now, where we can only read about all the minor mistakes and faults on and off the track and people only being news if it's bad news.

schuey612
19th July 2010, 07:14
Here's a Devil's advocate question for you. Would you rather have EJ - or Mark Blundell back? :lol I agree that he does have his uses though and he understands that he's in the entertainment business at the very least. ;-)

(nice to see you around again btw Sam :-) )

would much rather have EJ, blundell only ever mentioned two words lewis and hamilton.
and thanks, i just haven't been posting much recently, but do still have a quick look each day to see what's been posted. :-)

m schumy
19th July 2010, 08:06
would much rather have EJ, blundell only ever mentioned two words lewis and hamilton.
and thanks, i just haven't been posting much recently, but do still have a quick look each day to see what's been posted. :-)

Nice to see you back on the forum Sam :thumb

Red Rocket
19th July 2010, 13:23
Can't stand both of them maybe both will be banned from future F1 races

Ken
19th July 2010, 14:54
rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotflMan you gota laugh :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Tiz
19th July 2010, 17:49
I thought RD was not supposed to be at the races as an agreement following Liargate? Still, it is funny and I wait with bated breath to see how EJ (with the full backing of the BBC) get their own back publically on RD.

Tommy_F
20th July 2010, 08:06
A STATEMENT BY RON DENNIS

Posted in News by Ron Dennis on Tuesday, July 20th, 2010

I have been made aware of a quantity of allegations regarding myself and an occurrence that was centred around the occasion of the British Grand Prix.

It has been suggested to a specific member of my organisation, which in more detailed terms was myself, that I was integrally involved in a circumstance with regard to an individual or individuals who may or may not be Eddie Jordan whereby an action of a jocular nature may have been in occurrence.

It has been made explicit to myself by a body of persons that this event, and in specific terms the nature of humourousness integral to it, was not in line with expectations regarding behavioural perceptions of myself.

I am engaging in the creation of this statement of record so that it is possible to express that the actions in which I may have been the primary perpetrator, regarding the placement of a laceration upon an item of cable, were, in my consideration, of a short term nature and should not be used as a performance indicator with regard to my future aspirations, actions or targets.

However, whilst the episode to which I am currently undertaking reference was of a type not in alignment with the parameters perceived of me, I also wish to make it of a clear nature that in relation to this event I contain no quantities of feeling within the spectrum of regret.

Also, the little had it coming.

from SniffPetrol (http://sniffpetrol.com/2010/07/20/a-statement-by-ron-dennis/)

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Ant Raikkonen
20th July 2010, 09:12
^^ Damn, was just about to post that but you bet me to it!

Endeering sincerity in a typically concise, laconic way from Mr Integrity.

epiclyaddicted
20th July 2010, 19:19
:rotfl at that Sniff Petrol piece! And specially love that last line!