PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari F10 radical changes for Spa

vcs316
23rd July 2010, 03:52
Google Translate Version:

At Spa-Francorchamps, the car will be renewed: the aerodynamics will be reviewed especially in the area of exchange. Will also change the suspension geometry

Among the few things that are working to own the car Ferrari's F10 and that despite the disappointing results of Alonso and Massa at Silverstone has proved to be from the podium. The recent changes to the car working well, and represent the first step toward the complete rebuilding of aerodynamics.

At the German Grand Prix this weekend at Hockenheim, the F10 will show a new version of dual-stage speaker, designed for maximum performance using the pressure of exhaust gases that blow the margins of the upper profile.

The next two races, and soon after Germany Hungaroring are consecutive will therefore, time for new techniques of a certain weight.

It will therefore be in the August recess - after the Hungarian Grand Prix there will be almost a month of rest - that the F10 will be radically revised. At Spa-Francorchamps in the Belgian Grand Prix in late August, the car of Ferrari in Maranello will be so amended that the show as "two trends".

The main new features of the aerodynamics, and those of the back and in particular the area of exchange. The shape of the transmission box it affects a large part of the evolution of air flow in the lower part of the body.

Remake, however, requires months of work. This is why the new change of F10 is used since the changes to the waste, namely those located below introduced the European GP at Valencia. It should also be noted that Regulation, a transmission must last for four races in succession, excluding withdrawals.

If nothing will happen in the next two Grands Prix, Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa will use the new exchange at Spa-Francorchamps. Another update that Ferrari will be in Belgium rear suspension with new geometry.

Original Italian Article:

http://www.auto.it/autosprint/formula_1/2010/07/21-5641/Al+GP+Belgio+la+Ferrari+evoluzione+2

This is awesome news! Great to finally read about our developments :thumb

TheProdigalSon
23rd July 2010, 07:42
Cool let's hope they are worth getting excited about, let's have some good races now.

FFFerrari
23rd July 2010, 08:10
Bringing a new transmission and suspension is also a risk, but I think it's a risk to be taken cause they have nothing to loose and everything to win. Lets hope nothing breaks with these changes.

Tony
23rd July 2010, 13:10
Seems like a case of too little too late to me....

Rob
23rd July 2010, 18:47
Great, im really looking forward to seeing that update and changes. Still all this will get us nearer the WCC. Might try be reducing the height of transmission so be a more aggressive angled slope along top of side pods down too the blown diffuser, bit like the RBR's. :Hmm

Tifoso
23rd July 2010, 18:56

Yup :-s

Rob
23rd July 2010, 19:00

no, anyhting can happen. Remember Brawn last year? started off well, but as soon as teams got DD on and working the caught Brawn up. They had stunning first half of season. We can do it.

mandzipop
23rd July 2010, 19:01

I think the WCC is a little way off now, but the WDC isn't. If that engine mapping device does work, then we are challenging for genuine pole positions. Making it a more realistic chance of winning races. Our race pace is better than the Red Bull but it is just the quali pace.

Never give up when there is still hope.

TheProdigalSon
24th July 2010, 02:45
I think the WCC is a little way off now, but the WDC isn't. If that engine mapping device does work, then we are challenging for genuine pole positions. Making it a more realistic chance of winning races. Our race pace is better than the Red Bull but it is just the quali pace.

Never give up when there is still hope.

+1

That exhaust trick better give us good qually pace, will be so refreshing to see a Ferrari on pole.

Nathan
24th July 2010, 14:05
+1

That exhaust trick better give us good qually pace, will be so refreshing to see a Ferrari on pole.

+2 :thumb

goferrarigo
24th July 2010, 17:52
Its good that we can keep the updates rolling. I still think that we can still win the championship because our current pace is really good and we have one of the best cars.

Effone
24th July 2010, 19:49

I dont think so, I think starting tomorrow things will go well for us and I believe both titles are still possible!!

REDARMYSOJA
24th July 2010, 20:09

Stefano says you're both fired. :-)

tifosi1035
25th July 2010, 01:31
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb173/tifosi1035/downsized_1104091554.jpg
I agree, and Enzo is going to hide he is so distraught about your remarks.........

Ferrari_Fanatic
25th July 2010, 04:20

+1 FIRED! lol

depending on how we do today...i think the upgrades will give us the extra edge we need to beat the bulls on outright pace! Im glad were hammering it now with the upgrades. keep em rollin Ferrari :-)