Aussie
26th July 2010, 06:04
Here is my list so far:

Silverstone '03 - McLaren
Japan '04 - BAR
Canada '05 - Renault
Turkey '05 - Renault
China '06 - Renault
Japan '06 - Toyota (Trulli refused order)
Japan '06 - Ferrari
Bahrain '07 - RBR
Monaco '07 - McLaren (Bit of a stretch)
Brazil '07 - Ferrari
Canada '08 - BMW
Germany '08 - McLaren
China '08 - Ferrari
Turkey '09 - RBR
Turkey '10 - RBR (Order not passed on)
Turkey '10 - McLaren
Germany '10 - Ferrari

i have no probs with it F1 is a team sport FAhas more points so be it if we want to win a WDC

ajpat
26th July 2010, 07:10
Ferrari please find other 'high tech' ways to issue team orders. What was said to Massa over the radio was really downright dumb and totally demoralizing. A team with such high standards on the tech front should take care how to address and speak to their employes.

dfunk257
26th July 2010, 08:08
I totally agree ajpat.
When it comes to handling situations, Ferrari seem 2 lose their brains. I believe that this situation should allready be discussed before a race and a code word or phrase should b thought of and told to the drivers if the problem that came up in Germany comes up. For example i think what should have happened is that Stefano says to Rob, Rob we need Fernando 2 win this race not Felipe so if Felipe happens to get ahead of him then we will have to ask Felipe 2 let him pass, come up with a code just incase this happens so Felipe understands what he has to do. Felipe or whoever will then need 2 b told how 2 handle the situation, like pretend u r struggling with ure tyres, which in my view is what should have happened last nite, or something else whatever. This all should b organised b4 a grand prix so that it is NOT OBVIOUS. Of course this should only happen if Ferrari believe that 1 of our drivers does not have a chance 2 win the championship. Im sorry if Ferrari fans dont like this but in all honesty all the teams do this. The only problem with last night in my view was the fact that Ferrari DID NOT handle the situation smartly. Rob gettin on the radio and saying to Felipe in a bad tone "Fernando is faster than u do u understand?" Then Felipe just slowing right down 2 let Fernando pass, then Rob saying he was sorry, that was just ridiculous and that is the only reason why Ferrari r in trouble 4 it and the media of course is having a field day with it.
Next time b prepared Ferrari, B4 THE RACE.
I dont care how we won this race or what anybody says, the call was a right 1 if we want 2 win this championship, so other than Ferrari making it very obvious i am obsolutely over the moon about this much needed 1-2 win.

Curbs
26th July 2010, 08:13
If its true that Luca told Stefano pre race what was expected of Massa, then I would love to hear what hi is saying when they meet next time. Luca and Massa....

Curbs
26th July 2010, 08:15
Crasch gate would also be classified as teamorder -no?

Alessandra
26th July 2010, 08:18
“There’s always been team orders in F1. The bottom line is if you’re going to do it, do it far more cleverly than that”. Mike Gascoyne in The Guardian paper.

Exactly and that’s what everyone actively involved in F1 knows. This current bout of “outrage’ is just gamesmanship. We must be getting dangerous!

Great result for Ferrari – 1-2. Isn’t that what we wanted?

Stormsearcher
26th July 2010, 08:21
No offence to thread starter and other members, but Can we please stop this. There are 3 or more threads saying the same thing.
Nothing is going to change. We came out of the GP with the best possible result. Can we just think or discuss about the next race now?

Alonsomaniac
26th July 2010, 10:19
If giving teamorders is seen as cheating, we can conclude that at least Ferrari is not a very good cheater.:lol
Maybe we should have some talks with a certain British team?

Aussie
27th July 2010, 01:28
massa is a bad actor:-)

JRX164
27th July 2010, 06:14
If giving teamorders is seen as cheating, we can conclude that at least Ferrari is not a very good cheater.:lol
Maybe we should have some talks with a certain British team? Is that what everybody means when they say that Ferrari has too many Italians in their organization:-E

I would say that if a team boss decides to tear off the new front wing from the second driver in order to give it to the driver with most points in the WDC, it sounds like a team order to me.

JRX164
27th July 2010, 06:21
Can we just think or discuss about the next race now? Yes, let's see how a driver can overtake a team-mate without looking suspicious. Apparantly, you cannot overtake cutting off a chicane, you cannot overtake when your team-mate has problems with the tires, you cannot overtake by driving into your team-mate like they tried at Red Bull. Other options?

Stormsearcher
27th July 2010, 07:58
lol.. maybe you have wait for the safety car and knowing that its easy to pass the SC if "you did not see it".... you can take advantage of the situation and win. Or is that a loophole left only for the McCheaters to explore?

Aussie
28th July 2010, 14:25
massa is a bad actor:-)

Very bad lol

I am for team orders

nikhil4356
28th July 2010, 19:30
If Ferrari decision makers used a bit of common sense they could easily have manipulated the positions. Massa could easily have run longer on his preferred soft tyres, ideally just long enough for them to go off resulting in him losing enough ground to Alonso to come out behind him. Or else pit Massa a lap or two earlier as he struggles initially on hard tyres and let Alonso have the lead. A poor pit stop (and Ferrari have managed those a few times before!) could also have done the trick. As a fan I know team orders exist, it’s just the way some teams carry them out that causes rage, swapping places on track as we saw at the weekend looks clumsy and does no one any good. While I guess Ferrari’s sponsors (well some of them – no barcodes!) will benefit from the media coverage of this, I suspect they’d much rather have “Massa wins a year to the day he nearly died” headlines than “Ferrari cheats – again” after all, who wants to be associated with cheats (ING?) If anyone from Ferrari is reading this, if you must swap the cars around in a race, do it with style (isn’t that something the Italians are supposed to be good at!) Yes Alonso’s had some unlucky moments with timing of safety cars (payback for Singapore!) and who knows what will happen in the next few races, RBR and McLaren may be the unlucky ones.

JRX164
28th July 2010, 20:02
My final words on team orders (I think). I'm all for it. Whether they are obvious or not obvious, I really don't care. Having that said, hopefully Ferrari finishes 1st and 2nd in Hungary. And perhaps I would love it even more if we are 1st and 2nd in qualifying.