PDA

View Full Version : Massa dismisses Ferrari number two claims

Rishu
26th July 2010, 08:51
Felipe Massa has refuted that he is Ferrari’s number 2 driver after what occurred at Hockenheim on Sunday. The Brazilian driver had controversially moved over to let teammate Fernando Alonso take the lead on lap 49 of the race to keep the Spaniard’s championship hopes alive this season.

“Well, I cannot say that I’m there fighting for first position in the championship,” Massa said after the race. “I’ve lost many points, important points, and the only thing I can say is that I know what I can do, I can win races, that’s what counts and everybody saw today that I can win races and I can be competitive,” he pointed out.

The Ferrari driver had failed to score a single point in the three races leading up to the German Grand Prix whereas Alonso accumulated 19 points, including a podium, during that period.

“For sure, what happened today is something that has happened in many races this year: when I put on the hard tyres I struggle. This is exactly what happened in the race. On the soft tyres, I was very strong and then when we went onto the hard, I was struggling again, so there’s no news about that,” he explained.

“So I know why sometimes I’m a little bit penalised, it’s just because of the very hard tyres that we have this year,” he said. “I don’t think it’s a good thing, to be honest, because you don’t have strategies any more,” he stated further.

The incident in Germany was similar to what had occurred during the 2002 Austrian Grand Prix when another Brazilian Ferrari driver, Rubens Barrichello, yielded to teammate Michael Schumacher for the win, meters from the finish line. The episode tainted the former as second fiddle in the Maranello-based outfit for the rest of his Ferrari career.

Massa was questioned whether his image will also carry a similar label to that of his compatriot and lose support from his country, to which he countered: “For sure not, for sure not.”

“I’m very professional and I’ve showed in my career how professional I am…Today I showed how professional I am. That’s it,” he asserted.

http://ndtv.f1pulse.com/news/massa_dismisses_ferrari_number_two_claims/news-2010-july-news_20100726_81/news_article.aspx

Altharis
26th July 2010, 12:25
Massa was questioned whether his image will also carry a similar label to that of his compatriot and lose support from his country, to which he countered: “For sure not, for sure not.”

What about Brazilian media? What was their reaction?

Tech_Skill
26th July 2010, 12:37
Massa is number 2 at Ferrari, but he should improve next season and fight back. If he can improve his quali, he can mount a better challenge next year.

The Hajj
26th July 2010, 16:24
“I’m very professional and I’ve showed in my career how professional I am…Today I showed how professional I am. That’s it,” he asserted.

Professional? :Hmm

His actions damaged the team's integrity and caused a huge PR nightmare. How can he say that he is "professional"? If he was working for me, I would sack him immediately, because no one person is bigger than the company. I realize that sacking Felipe now is impossible, due to his position as a driver for Ferrari, but he should be seriously reprimanded by Luca.

A person in Felipe's position must know that team orders will always be in place, for his benefit or his teammate, in order to secure maximum points for the TEAM. His childish actions, both on and off the track, would be expected from a two year old, not an F1 driver making millions to drive a car.

If he did not back out of the throttle so severely, or simply gone a bit wide leading into a corner, Ferrari would not be in this embarrassing position today. A true professional would have allowed his teammate to pass without any indication of team orders.

The Hajj

pilotHans
26th July 2010, 18:35
Professional? :Hmm

His actions damaged the team's integrity and caused a huge PR nightmare. How can he say that he is "professional"? If he was working for me, I would sack him immediately, because no one person is bigger than the company. I realize that sacking Felipe now is impossible, due to his position as a driver for Ferrari, but he should be seriously reprimanded by Luca.

A person in Felipe's position must know that team orders will always be in place, for his benefit or his teammate, in order to secure maximum points for the TEAM. His childish actions, both on and off the track, would be expected from a two year old, not an F1 driver making millions to drive a car.

If he did not back out of the throttle so severely, or simply gone a bit wide leading into a corner, Ferrari would not be in this embarrassing position today. A true professional would have allowed his teammate to pass without any indication of team orders.

The Hajj

I beg to differ... I think it's better then another redBull 1-2 incident...What he did was to avoid it..He knew alonso was hot on him, and he knew he cannot risk on accident....for me it's better to let a teamate pass then a rival. Had it be hamilton behind that would be another story right? Put it this way, image felipe collided with alonso.. Both cars out......Then we will be ranting here on felipe knocking his teamate out........so I guess what he did was the best of the situation...

The team radio that I would like to hear was to Alonso not to felipe........

Tifoso
26th July 2010, 19:26
Massa is number 2 at Ferrari, but he should improve next season and fight back. If he can improve his quali, he can mount a better challenge next year.

As of now, he is #2. If he starts next season better than Alonso, then he'll be #1.

Are you really at Maranello (you don't have to answer)?

Tech_Skill
26th July 2010, 20:29
As of now, he is #2. If he starts next season better than Alonso, then he'll be #1.

Are you really at Maranello (you don't have to answer)?

Right now, I'm outside the Mclaren factory at Woking, im peeking through the windows,

It looks like Lewis is being comforted by Ron Dennis...

Hold on............

I think lewis is crying.......

Ron seems to be saying something like

"Now now lewis, dry your eyes like a good boy, don't worry, Alonso isnt coming after you, everything is gonna be okay"

DonXabi
27th July 2010, 06:57
Massa has re-signed, therefore he must know his position in team and accepted it, otherwise he would have moved elsewhere like Irvine and Barrichello did to get out of Schumachers shadow.

This is a professional sport and business and Alonso is the the better bet for the Championship (although I think he wont get it this year) and Ferrari are getting behind him to push for it as best they can - I would like to think the same would have happend if Massa was the one in the strongest position.

My point is, Massa knows his lot otherwise he wouldnt have re-signed.

Brakefade
27th July 2010, 07:26
Massa has re-signed, therefore he must know his position in team and accepted it, otherwise he would have moved elsewhere like Irvine and Barrichello did to get out of Schumachers shadow.

This is a professional sport and business and Alonso is the the better bet for the Championship (although I think he wont get it this year) and Ferrari are getting behind him to push for it as best they can - I would like to think the same would have happend if Massa was the one in the strongest position.

My point is, Massa knows his lot otherwise he wouldnt have re-signed.

Luca likes a winner. If Massa was ahead in points it would be Alonso who would be asked to move aside.

Alessandra
27th July 2010, 07:58
In addition to all above, Luca made the point that whilst Fernando & Felipe battled it out with the slower of the two in front, a third party, Vettel, was gaining all the time. This was a matter of team strategy with which Rob was presumably entirely acquainted. It was a big mistake on his part to verbalise his understood affection for Massa above the success of the whole team. That is basically why we're in this awful mess.
Felipe has received a lot of support from the Ferrari team after his life threatening accident last year so it's professional of him to accept that this season he's not perfect and is having trouble with the hard tyres. It might be professional towards his team mate if he made it clear that Fernando had not unjustifiably passed him but was part of a team strategy to keep a rival team at bay not solely to give Fernando a win.

His statement is a start but I fear more is going to be needed to get Ferrari out of the current mess. More than one person's professional reputation is on the line.

Brakefade
27th July 2010, 08:17
In addition to all above, Luca made the point that whilst Fernando & Felipe battled it out with the slower of the two in front, a third party, Vettel, was gaining all the time. This was a matter of team strategy with which Rob was presumably entirely acquainted. It was a big mistake on his part to verbalise his understood affection for Massa above the success of the whole team. That is basically why we're in this awful mess.
Felipe has received a lot of support from the Ferrari team after his life threatening accident last year so it's professional of him to accept that this season he's not perfect and is having trouble with the hard tyres. It might be professional towards his team mate if he made it clear that Fernando had not unjustifiably passed him but was part of a team strategy to keep a rival team at bay not solely to give Fernando a win.

His statement is a start but I fear more is going to be needed to get Ferrari out of the current mess. More than one person's professional reputation is on the line.

+1 And don't forget Ferrari did everything they could to get him the 2008 WDC. IMO Massa was still the best driver in 2008.

Massa messed up by letting Alonso through so blatantly. Alonso was catching up to him anyways, all he had to was wait for Alonso to be on his tail and then run wide at the hairpin. Simple. Kovi did it for Hamilton last year. Rob should've saved his "I'm sorry" and "magnanimous" comment till after the race. If, God forbid, we get thrown out of the Championship, don't be surprised if Luca fires both of them.

impactX
27th July 2010, 08:27
If we get thrown out of WCC, we get no money at all from Bernie.

anachronox
27th July 2010, 08:30
I blame Rob & Massa who have made this situation for Ferrari. Finally, for Stephano who seems to have less control over his team!

Sianellen
27th July 2010, 09:01
What about Brazilian media? What was their reaction?

Read some quotes yesterday, Massa's getting pretty hounded by their press, calling him a coward and a disgrace.

Tifosi
27th July 2010, 09:07
I blame Rob & Massa who have made this situation for Ferrari. Finally, for Stephano who seems to have less control over his team!

Ferrari made this situation for themselves.

FFFerrari
27th July 2010, 09:16
Read some quotes yesterday, Massa's getting pretty hounded by their press, calling him a coward and a disgrace.

It's Barrichello-syndrome once again. Rubens was really dissed by their press after succumbing to Michaels number 2 driver. Expect the same for Massa.

Alessandra
27th July 2010, 11:20
+1 And don't forget Ferrari did everything they could to get him the 2008 WDC. IMO Massa was still the best driver in 2008.

Massa messed up by letting Alonso through so blatantly. Alonso was catching up to him anyways, all he had to was wait for Alonso to be on his tail and then run wide at the hairpin. Simple. Kovi did it for Hamilton last year. Rob should've saved his "I'm sorry" and "magnanimous" comment till after the race. If, God forbid, we get thrown out of the Championship, don't be surprised if Luca fires both of them.

Yes, and Massa got a lot of respect in 2008 from all quarters for the dignified way he dealt with what must have been utterly crushing. So he can do it when he tries.

I still very concerned that Ferrari top brass are not putting the case for the offending message sent to Massa. Or if thry are I haven't read it.
It was lap 49 not the last lap. It was after FA had already challenged FM and had plenty of time to repeat that; he often falls back for a few laps after an initial overtaking challenge - to get the driver in front sweating, re-group himslef, save tyres/fuel - whatever, then attacks again, but it is a feature of his driving. There's no question Alonso would have come back at him.
The reason Massa had to be given an opportunity to sort himself out, but not slowing down FA behnd him - was Vettel.
Are teams no longer entitled to order strategy changes?

racingbradley
28th July 2010, 13:03
I guess this was meant to placate the Brazilians. I dropped it into translate but it's not translated very well----think we get the gist of it. if it has been posted elsewhere feel free to delete.

My message for all the Brazilian fans
I read and received some messages where mainly the Brazilians say that they had lost the faith in Philip.
Philip is great pilot, one fantastic face of Brazil. The Brazilians would have to be proud of it and would twist for it, not only a good time, but the bad time also. When the things go badly. To believe it, and to believe this as it, who the thing goes well again. It never gives up! Why the fans have that to give up if they they are true fans. Brazilians must be to the side of Philip! Philip deserves this. It gave many moments good and many good souvenirs stop in and it still goes to give stops in.
Philip works for Ferrari as the company if he denied the direction that it could at the end of the year be dismissed that he was in 2002. But they were other things also, not only this, I find that yes. But fact, each one head does not like if its order is denied by the workers.
It would have destroyed in one minute the work of its all life. It would have I validate the penalty?
I know very that all are angry, annoying and disappointed very, I also but not é/foi guilt of Philip. We torcedores need to twist it in bad time, not only in good time. Therefore fans are fans. The guilt is half Ferrari and Alonso who always cries for everything and other problem money of the Alonso for Santander, then, decision of the Domenicali and Ferrari. These things are a problem. E moaning of the Alonso to the team for victory in the radio: „This is ridicule' Alonso spoke to the team when Philip not to leave to exceed it and then we know what he happened.
Perhaps if Alonso not to cry for the victory, Ferrari leaves to gain Philip. Certain Alonso could not have been capable to exceed it without aid. If yes, to exceed it.
It was its race, it would have deserved this on this day so important victory of its life (the 25 of July). But what the heading of Alonso is more important for the Ferrari, and not it championship of constructors, as they had said but the championship of pilots.
If constructiors of the heading would be so important alone, would not be important who to be successful, because the two cars were in the front. But it seems that the heading of the conductor was not so important in 2008. But already it passed.
It seems that it is not truth what Montezemolo always said that pilots need to respect the team, the team is the first one. I prefer to say that the team is the first one only for Philip, I do not stop Alonso, because it was not problem for Montezemolo when Alonso destroyed the race of Philip in Silverstone and the incident in the entrance of boxes in Xangai.
When Alonso is, is the problem.
E now its fans say these things (second pilot and so on) and say that they not to twist more for it. It is so shame as the Ferrari made with it!
You can imagine what Philip feels now? How much it is bad for it now?
A coisa mais importante que nós torcemos por Felipe.
Torçamos por Felipe! Ele realmente merece isso!
Força Felipe!
2 comments

Suzie
28th July 2010, 19:11
Thanks RB, where's that from? Globo?

straycat
28th July 2010, 19:37
Right now, I'm outside the Mclaren factory at Woking, im peeking through the windows,

It looks like Lewis is being comforted by Ron Dennis...

Hold on............

I think lewis is crying.......

Ron seems to be saying something like

"Now now lewis, dry your eyes like a good boy, don't worry, Alonso isnt coming after you, everything is gonna be okay"

mad_ani
29th July 2010, 00:52
Massa had dismissed being no.2 to Michael in 2006, no surprise he has dismissed such statements

Agron
29th July 2010, 01:41
Massa had dismissed being no.2 to Michael in 2006, no surprise he has dismissed such statementsWas Massa no2 to Raikkonen when he was forced to let him pass in 2008?. As demagogue as usual, it seems.

mad_ani
29th July 2010, 02:08
Was Massa no2 to Raikkonen when he was forced to let him pass in 2008?. As demagogue as usual, it seems.

LOL, You said that...not me

...all I said that was he has strongly maintained that there is no No.2 in his contract...a statement which he has been consistently on.

No demagogy there.

steelstallions
29th July 2010, 06:39
If F1 was a film, Massa would be Rocky Balboa. He is nobody's number two driver and has proved against all odds he can deliver the goods. MS had trouble keeping in front of him in Massa's first seasons and Kimi got owned in his last season's. He came so close to being WDC I still cannot bear to watch any clip of the last lap of that years race.
Alonso has the upper hand this season, but he knows that he has to keep up his game next season too, because if Massa has a cushion of more points after mid season, Alonso will have to move over for him.

vcs316
29th July 2010, 08:43
'Loyal' Massa followed 'clear' team order - father

Comments by Felipe Massa's father suggest the Brazilian driver's camp is unimpressed with the events of last weekend's German Grand Prix.

After standing miserably on the Hockenheim podium, the 29-year-old insisted it was his decision to pull over and let his Ferrari teammate Fernando Alonso win.

But Luiz Antonio Massa, who a year ago was sitting at his son's bedside in a Budapest hospital, has declared that Felipe did in fact obey a team order.

The comments follow a period of criticism in the Brazilian press, with writers saying Massa showed a lack of courage.

"It is regrettable and unfortunate that Ferrari took this decision," Massa Snr is quoted in Italian language reports, including the Libero newspaper.

The reports said the comments originated on Brazilian television CATV.

"It is clear to everyone that this was a team order," added Massa's father.

"Like any good employee, Felipe must obey the boss; there is a hierarchy and he followed orders showing loyalty."

Massa Snr indicated that he agrees in principle with team orders, but not when the driver in question is still fighting for the world championship.

"It is a good choice when only one of the two drivers has no mathematical chance, but this was not the case. Both still had a chance to win," he said.

By Motorsport.com/GMM

anachronox
29th July 2010, 09:17
^^ Now thats taking things beyond a limit!

Tech_Skill
29th July 2010, 09:25
Im actually getting off now, if Massa doesnt beat Alonso next year, lets cart him off to another team and get someone else then shall we? Ferrari give him a title winning car in 2008, he had a guy being paid £20 million a year as a number two, we sacked the more talented driver and paid him £34 million not to race so Massa could keep racing.

Massa's dad is just making things worse, I think massa on his day can beat any driver, but the fact is, this was his 1st very good race, Alonso has dominated him this season and forget mathematically, Massa clearly is not world championship material at the moment, every other team in that pitlane would have done the same thing in Ferrari's shoes.

I know he is sticking up for his son, but saying this kinda thing to the media (if he did infact say this) doesnt help.

Effone
29th July 2010, 09:37

Not true, Santander would not allow their beloved Alonso to be a #2

Massa is #2 until either a: he leaves the team or b: Alonso leaves. simple fact.

Rishu
29th July 2010, 09:44

Massa is #2 until either a: he leaves the team or b: Alonso leaves. simple fact.

Is it because of Santander that Felipe scored 67 points to Fernando’s 98 before the German GP?
C’mon mate, be it Santander, Citibank, Barclays or whatever, it was a call from a team who wants atleast one driver should get WDC shot…… as simple as that

Curbs
29th July 2010, 09:45
I hope Massas father isn´t let inside the garage anymore. IDIOT!

killer
29th July 2010, 09:55

Easy, mate. It's just motor racing.

Tech_Skill
29th July 2010, 09:56
Alonso is causing Hysteria in the british press and the pro mclaren fourms such as Planet F1, im not even sure if schumacher caused this much crticism and hatred, the paranoia surrounding Fernando is unreal, all of a sudden youv'e got internet nobodies claiming santander are pulling the strings, that its in the contracts for Alonso to beat massa and making crazy unfounded statements, its seems that people cannot be objective when it comes to Fernando and large sections of the media seem to really have it in for him. Obviously Alonso is trouble to a degree, everywhere he goes there is a scandal.....but people are losing their sense of reality here, he is becoming a hate figure.

Curbs
29th July 2010, 10:07
Easy, mate. It's just motor racing.

It common sense. I I don´t get that people are so forgiving for exactly this kind of behaviour.

If I run a company and pay someone a lot of money I expect them to be loyal. This is what borth Massa and his father claims they are. Ehhh.
If they have a problem they should talk with the Ferrari management behind closed doors.
Insted even his father goes to the press and cries, making Ferrari look stupid and creating BAD BAD BAD PR for the company that feeds his family for heavens sake.
That is not loyal. Not even close.

Grillo
29th July 2010, 13:36
"It is a good choice when only one of the two drivers has no mathematical chance, but this was not the case. Both still had a chance to win," he said.

Ok, this is the key question. I was told by a journalist who know a bit more than me about Ferrari and that the team had done the maths to statistically know Alonso's and Massa's chances and both of them were quite slim but Massa's was nearly an impossible mission.

From a mathematical point of view the decision stands correct.

You know this is ridiculous.

What about Smedley then.

Ted
29th July 2010, 14:19
Best point I have read re: the charade in Germany:clap. However, not many F1 drivers EVER win a GP. MASSA WON------FAIRLY . What if it were the only one he ever won in his GP career and had it stolen from him. What a BITTER taste than would leave for ALL concerned , INCLUDING ME . The historical record will ALWAYS show Alonso as the winner of the 2010 German GP and HE DID NOT--------SO MUCH FOR HISTORY :-!

Ted
29th July 2010, 14:30
HUH?????? When Alonso was at McLaren Hamilton HOSED him and Alonso cried about it :-??:roll

Tech_Skill
29th July 2010, 14:42
HUH?????? When Alonso was at McLaren Hamilton HOSED him and Alonso cried about it :-??:roll

You are right, Hamilton DESTROYED alonso at Mclaren

Here are the stats which prove this.

109 points each

4 race wins each

Hamilton had an extra second place or something like that.

This in a team where Hamilton was clearly favoured.

Ron Dennis: "We were basically racing Fernando"

Man, Alonso got KILLED by Hamilton, dunno how he sleeps at night.

Curbs
29th July 2010, 14:47
What about Smedley then.

As I wrote in other threads. I think he should find another job (or at least not speak on the team radio again)
Because you don´t speak that way in public.

Sempre_Ferrari
29th July 2010, 14:52
......a defiant Massa said: "The time I say I am a number two driver I will not race any more, and I am not (a number two). "I will fight for the victory here, whatever the conditions."
Asked what would happen if he found himself in the same situation, with himself in the lead and Alonso second, he replied: "I will win."
Massa claims he has assurances from Ferrari, stating: "I've spoken to everybody inside the team.
"I'm not just here to race, I'm here to win, and that's my point.
"Yes, I am working for the team. We know how important that is. I want the best for the team, but I am professional."
But questioned as to whether the incident had changed his relationship with Ferrari, he revealingly replied: "It makes me even stronger."
However, the Brazilian would like to see team orders, which are actually banned, eradicated completely.
"I just think we should do something to stop this thing, because at the end of the day it could get into a bit of a drama.
"When you are racing you want to beat the other one, but I wouldn't feel nice and feel good [if a team said] if I give you this and then you win. I never did like it. That is why I changed teams and that is why I went on.
"It is in the hand on the top people to change that. You should be allowed to race. If you don't win the Championship by one point, so be it.
"And if you win the Championship by one point because someone gave it to you, what is the point?has he forgotten about the kimi switch already?
If I had to be a bad guy and be World Champion. I don't care. I will teach my boys that, and I will be happy with that.".....

Is it just me or is he still being very bitter.....and making the hole we in even bigger.?

512 TR
29th July 2010, 15:06
Massa: I'm not a number two driver (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85628)

"The time I say I am number two driver, I will not race any more," he insisted.

When asked what would happen if he was faced with the same situation this weekend, Massa replied: "I will win."

DIEK
29th July 2010, 15:14
29 July 2010

http://photos.gpupdate.net/newsnew/155147.jpg

Michael Schumacher admits that he spoke with former team-mate Felipe Massa after the Ferrari driver was saddened to yield to team-mate Fernando Alonso in last Sunday’s German Grand Prix.

Schumacher and Massa teamed up for a single season in the Ferrari race team in 2006, with the German then retiring from the sport before the Brazilian narrowly missed out on the title two years later.

“He's experienced enough not to need advice from me,” Schumacher said on Thursday as he attended a Mercedes car showroom near Budapest. “I definitely had a little conversation with him, but that's naturally of a private nature.

Grillo
29th July 2010, 15:16
Just a good reading for you.

We can talk about Monaco for ages but Alonso was faster than Hamilton and if you look at the times lap by lap he would have never passed Alonso no matter how many laps he remained out pushing. He could only risk his 2nd place and McLaren 1-2 if a Safety Car had to be deployed. When you are faster you pick the best strategy because the only choice for the other driver is to start with a heavier car or a three-stopper. If two drivers pick the same strategy and one is faster you know what the result is beforehand.

You should have a look at Indianapolis where Alonso was faster FP1, FP2, FP3, Q1, Q2 and only Hamilton grabbed the pole because they gave Hamilton an extra lap so the rookie had a lighter car. That happened so many times during the season, so many times he took advantage of the extra lap... I could say Alonso's car in Bahrain was damaged as a lighting pod fell from the ceiling hitting his car and they had to have a look at it at Woking after the race but I think Hamilton did a better job there.

MONACO 2007: Hamilton accused his team of cheating against him during the FIA post-race press conference. That provoked an unfair investigation on Alonso and McLaren's victory in the Principality. Despite it all, Ron Dennis backed Hamilton before the media while avoiding to support Alonso's fantastic job in the amazing McLaren's 1-2 in the Monegasque GP. The team took no action whatsoever against Hamilton. During the race, Hamilton stepped over the continuous line when exiting the pit lane and he got away with it.

INDIANAPOLIS 2007: Pit stop strategies and team orders (rev. limit) were in favor of Hamilton and detrimental to Alonso. Alonso got p**sed off when the team ordered him to hold position and drive conservatively but he obeyed them. Of course, The FIA didn't investigate Hamilton's victory and Ron Dennis was delighted while he looked like attending a funeral in Monaco.

FRANCE 2007: Alonso faced problems with his gearbox cover during Q3 ending up on the tenth position of the starting grid. De la Rosa explained during the race that the defective part had been perfectly identified and removed.

GERMANY 2007: Many drivers slipped off the track when it was raining heavily. Despite what the rules say on that matter, a crane put Hamilton, and only him, back on the track under a high risk of collision with other drivers. Although the rules clearly specify that a driver must turn off his engine and get out of the car safely Hamilton was not penalised.

HUNGARY 2007: Despite the agreement with the whole team, Hamilton did not let Alonso take advantage of the extra lap he was entitled to on that Q3. After a controversial pit stop where they put worn tyres on Alonso's car, the Spanish managed to get the pole. Hamilton denounced his team and teammate before the Stewards and it cost McLaren the loss of points in the constructors' championship. Alonso got 5 grid penalty and, of course, Hamilton got away with it again.

ITALY 2007: Hamilton placed his car in the start box pointing to Alonso's. It was in clear breach of what the rules say about the start of a Grand Prix. There was no penalty for him nonetheless.

JAPAN 2007: Both Alonso and Hamilton had a racing incident with Vettel and Kubica respectively, but only the Pole was unfairly penalized despite the poor track conditions. The Spanish suffered serious damage on the back of his car and crashed into a wall a few laps later. Under the Safety Car, Hamilton skipped the rules completely causing an accident between two other cars. He got no penalty whatsoever, and the Stewards justified their decission because of the poor track conditions.

CHINA 2007: Alonso faced strange problems in Q3 after a flawless Q1 and Q2. The Spanish had been faster than his teammate in the three practice sessions but both tyre pressure and tyre warmers were not adjusted properly for the decisive round Q3. After the race, Ron Dennis admitted publicly that they were not racing against Raikkonen but against Alonso. The tyre warmers were sent to Woking for inspection.

Qualifying:

LH: 1:35.798 1:35.898 1:35.908
FA: 1:35.809 1:35.845 1:36.576
Df: Q1 0.011 Q2 0.053 Q3 0.668

Alonso and Hamilton are two racing drivers of the same caliber and only small details decide who beats who. In 2007, those small details almost always favoured Hamilton. Only a harsh penalty in Hungaroring decided the title in 2007 and the same thing might be said in 2010 about penalties so far.

From Monaco to Hungaroring Alonso did as much as he could to remain loyal to McLaren, it was Hamilton who denounce the team twice and he was always backed up by Ron Dennis. In the end Alonso didn't have any reason to trust his own team and he took revenge in Brazil 2007.

The Formula One 2007 season in a nutshell

racingbradley
29th July 2010, 15:58
[SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]
However, the Brazilian would like to see team orders, which are actually banned, eradicated completely.
"I just think we should do something to stop this thing, because at the end of the day it could get into a bit of a drama............................................. ................
"And if you win the Championship by one point because someone gave it to you, what is the point?
Think I know why he said that. This was in the Brazilian press this week. I dropped it in translate so here it is-------Massa becomes Batter?????????:-)

In 2002, Batter disobeyed order of the Sauber and finished being dismissed.
In The GP of the Germany of 2010, the leader Felipe Batter was obliged by the I Branded it give up the position for Fernando Alonso after a message in the communication by radio. The Brazilian obeyed quickly and, in the following return, left the Spanish pass. But always was not like this. In the beginning of his career in the Formula 1, in 2002, the pilot did exactly the contrary one. And the consequence was not of the best: the dismissal in the end of that season.

This happened in the GP of the Europe, in 23 of June of 2002, in Nürburgring. Batter ran in the Sauber beside the German one Nick Heidfeld. The Brazilian was in the Friday position of the running, with the near companion (in the epoch scored barely six pilots). Nearby the end of the running, Peter Sauber, owner of the team, sent the order by the radio of the car, but Felipe ignored and itself it refused give up the position. The pilot crossed the line of arrival and provoked the anger of the manager. In the end of the year, the Swiss finished dismissing the Brazilian.

Before of this dismissal, however, Batter still would pass for another one similar situation. Little more of a month after the case of Nürburgring, in the day 28 of July of 2002, the Brazilian was in the same situation in the GP of the Germany, in Hockenheim. In sixth, he would mark a point, but was at the front of Heidfeld. This time, the pilot obeyed to Peter Sauber and gave up the position.

Alone batter would come back it pass for a similar situation in 2007, fairly in the GP of Brazil. The pilot led the running, with Kimi Raikkonen, his companion, in second. The Finn was necessary defeat for remove the title from one of the pilots of the McLaren - in the epoch, Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton. Alone that the decision was more subtle. The team anticipated the pit stop of the Brazilian for that the companion could open a good advantage. The maneuver worked and Kimi finished champion.

In 2008, it I Branded repaid the help of Batter. In the GP of the Chinese one, the Brazilian would be necessary arrive in the second position for still have chances of title in Brazil, last running of the season. To seven returns of the end, Raikkonen, without chances in the championship, gave way for the companion. In Interlagos, Batter would defeat the running, but would lose the title by barely a point for Hamilton.

Hornet
29th July 2010, 16:01
"It is regrettable and unfortunate that Ferrari took this decision," Massa Snr is quoted in Italian language reports, including the Libero newspaper.
"Like any good employee, Felipe must obey the boss; there is a hierarchy and he followed orders showing loyalty."

His comments are not doing Ferrari any good, right now we're not exactly off the hook yet.:-??

shostak
29th July 2010, 16:03
It common sense. I I don´t get that people are so forgiving for exactly this kind of behaviour.

If I run a company and pay someone a lot of money I expect them to be loyal. This is what borth Massa and his father claims they are. Ehhh.
If they have a problem they should talk with the Ferrari management behind closed doors.
Insted even his father goes to the press and cries, making Ferrari look stupid and creating BAD BAD BAD PR for the company that feeds his family for heavens sake.

He want to repeat Hamilton's saga in 2007. But Ferrari is not McCheaters, and they are brazilians and not italians. I said it: this is a scandal thanks to Massa (and the collaboration of Smedley). These words from Massa's father confirm i was right.

Kingdom Hearts
29th July 2010, 16:07
Massa: I'm not a number two driver (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85628)

Uh, so what's the point of what happend in Germany if Felipe is not going to play the 2nd driver role?. For Ferrari's sake let's hope Fernando is always in front of Felipe.

I'm OK if Ferrari let them race but I really don't trust Massa when it comes to overtakes from Alonso, he treat Alonso like another rival from other team, and that's not the way to do it with your teammate, you have to be clean and don't be hyper aggressive closing the door. If he gets the racing line you have to let him pass, this goes for Alonso too.

shostak
29th July 2010, 16:10
Uh, so what's the point of what happend in Germany if Felipe is not going to play the 2nd driver role?. For Ferrari's sake let's hope Fernando is always in front of Felipe.

I'm OK if Ferrari let them race but I really don't trust Massa when it comes to overtakes from Alonso, he treat Alonso like another rival from other team, and that's not the way to do it with your teammate,

Sorry but i dont agree, he treats Alonso harder than another rival from other team.

Grillo
29th July 2010, 16:17
He want to repeat Hamilton's saga in 2007. But Ferrari is not McCheaters, and they are brazilians and not italians. I said it: this is a scandal thanks to Massa (and the collaboration of Smedley). These words from Massa's father confirm i was right.
I've never heard Alonso's father talking to the media, that's the way I like it. That's the way it should be but they're free to say whatever they want, they're not Ferrari team members. It's Massa or Smedley who have to pick the words more carefully. I hope we can avoid another drama in Hungary, these things could easily cost both Championships.

Steve H Atlanta
29th July 2010, 16:22
There is no doubt that Alonso is a very good, "Not great" but very good. with regards to last weekend happenings. if alonso was as fast as he thought he was. And is so much the better driver that he thunks he is. Why would he just not pass Massa instead of having to have Massa pull over and let him go by. i also think that as much a gentleman racer and team player that massa is, there would have been no trouble like we all seen in the redbull camp a few weeks ago. i just hope that for the sake of the team and the integrity of the drivers. that (Call it what you like) i will call "team orders" are not an option for the number one F-1 team in the paddock.

ferrari4life
29th July 2010, 16:33
You know Ferrari could have not said anything and then you know for sure that Alonso would have attacked Massa on the track maybe a little to aggressively to get that position..Alonso was faster and he was going to attack one way or the other.

I would rather we brought home the 1-2 result than anything else so I would prefer if the 2 ferrari drivers not duke it out. We saw in the last race how massa ended up touching Alonso and ruined his race. Why take the risk. Alonso is the more aggressive of the 2 anyway.

512 TR
29th July 2010, 16:34
Sorry but i dont agree, he treats Alonso harder than another rival from other team.

Poor, poor Alonso. What a terrible situation for him. Bwaah, bwaah, sob, sob... :baby

Greig
29th July 2010, 16:59
Poor, poor Alonso. What a terrible situation for him. Bwaah, bwaah, sob, sob... :baby

You complain more than Alonso does, hypocrite :-)

Agron
29th July 2010, 17:02
Poor, poor Alonso. What a terrible situation for him. Bwaah, bwaah, sob, sob... :babyLet's not be excessively idiotic please. In China both cars could have gone out of the race if Massa hadn't gave position, and Alonso was harsly criticized, in Germany Massa defended very hard, not as you should against a teammate, and no criticism has gone his way. I hope you said the same about Massa in China otherwise your double standards stink.

About the article: it could be that Massa has agreed with the team to stop playing the nr2 role for as long as he has mathematical chances, or that he is defying Domenicalli, or... that he is just putting up a front, for his fans, and next time team orders are needed it will be done subtly and without making a fuss. I find that last option the most likely, don't see Montezemolo taking such rebellious attitudes kindly from a driver that so far this year hasn't been too brilliant at best.

512 TR
29th July 2010, 17:13
You complain more than Alonso does, hypocrite :-)

Yes, it's ridiculous, isn't it? How dare I? :crazy

Tech_Skill
29th July 2010, 17:15
There is no doubt that Alonso is a very good, "Not great" but very good. with regards to last weekend happenings. if alonso was as fast as he thought he was. And is so much the better driver that he thunks he is. Why would he just not pass Massa instead of having to have Massa pull over and let him go by. i also think that as much a gentleman racer and team player that massa is, there would have been no trouble like we all seen in the redbull camp a few weeks ago. i just hope that for the sake of the team and the integrity of the drivers. that (Call it what you like) i will call "team orders" are not an option for the number one F-1 team in the paddock.

Steve, Alonso got past Massa after massa was held up in traffic, he just couldnt make it stick. Alonso then tried to come up the inside through a fast corner, massa rightly shut the door on him and they nearly touched, I believe this is when Alonso made the comment about the situation being rediculous, feel free to correct me if wrong.

Another thing which people fail to realise is, Alonso was catching massa, and I believe he could have caught massa eventually, the thing was Alonso was on the limit in trying to catch him imo, and he clearly didnt wanna have to stay on the limit for the rest of the race because thats pretty much what it would have taken, given that he was taking a 10th here or there out of massa and then massa would respond and then Alonso would go faster again, for Alonso to get right up to massa, I believe he knew that car was gonna have be on or near the edge for a while, he didnt wanna risk a car failure, crash, mistake etc costing him the points and nor did ferrari, so massa was moved over.

This crap about Alonso not being able to get past Massa has got to stop, when Alonso done him coming into the pit lane, people complained because he passed his teammate, if Alonso complained over the team radio that massa would get to the pits 1st and had not of made the move, people would have said why didnt he get past? He can never win.

There is one reason why this particular team order (not the 1st one this season) is being highlighted by the media and thats because it involves Alonso.

Hornet
29th July 2010, 17:16
I can't read the mind of Alonso, or Schumi, or Mika, or Lewis or (the long list of drivers benefited from team orders), but I won't quickly conclude that these drivers asked for it.:-) It was Ferrari's decision ultimately, its something that the team decides, even if Schumi would rather not have it, they all are part of the team and have to do what the team decides to do.

While both Massa and Alonso are good drivers, there's no ruling out accidents like that, anything can go wrong when you are trying to overtake, considering how difficult it is these days. its understandable IMO, why McLaren wanted Button to hold station after their brief exchange of place, and why Ferrari want to avoid such thing as well. I would probably kill a kitten if both our drivers tangled and let our competitor win :-G

Stormsearcher
29th July 2010, 17:34

I have to agree with that. When others approach felipe, he moves over very easily.. but makes it very difficult for Alonso. I've mentioned before, i think Massa (as is kubica and webber) are scary people to overtake as they would as soon take both out than let the faster car pass i.e., accept that they cant match the pace.
He can do what he wants with other teams, but with his own team mate he has to be careful.. cant afford to put both cars out. Alonso, am sure, is well aware of this and hence would rather he move over gracefully (when he is slower to nando) than try a overtake and get a banzai move by Felipe take both of them out.

Massa's father should be sued by Ferrari. Guy is going to make it worse for us especially since the WMSC is not going to have an hearing anytime soon. Hope this doesnt fester and snowball on to the team.

Stormsearcher
29th July 2010, 17:36

Lol.. dude. I like the way you are no-nonsense in your criticism. I agree with your point though.

When it happened, i felt bad for felipe but i could see the teams reasoning behind it and it was the right thing to do. But with the way felipe and his dad are going about it., am not sure i feel so sorry any more.

zeus2
29th July 2010, 17:37
.....a defiant Massa said: "The time I say I am a number two driver I will not race any more, and I am not (a number two). "I will fight for the victory here, whatever the conditions."
Asked what would happen if he found himself in the same situation, with himself in the lead and Alonso second, he replied: "I will win."
Massa claims he has assurances from Ferrari, stating: "I've spoken to everybody inside the team.
"I'm not just here to race, I'm here to win, and that's my point.
"Yes, I am working for the team. We know how important that is. I want the best for the team, but I am professional."
But questioned as to whether the incident had changed his relationship with Ferrari, he revealingly replied: "It makes me even stronger."
"I just think we should do something to stop this thing, because at the end of the day it could get into a bit of a drama.
"When you are racing you want to beat the other one, but I wouldn't feel nice and feel good [if a team said] if I give you this and then you win. I never did like it. That is why I changed teams and that is why I went on.
"It is in the hand on the top people to change that. You should be allowed to race. If you don't win the Championship by one point, so be it.
"And if you win the Championship by one point because someone gave it to you, what is the point?

I think you'll all find that the bolded part of the post that sempre_ferrari posted above was actually said by Barrichello. Apparently he talked to Massa about the incident and was giving his point of view about it. so I guess we may be giving Massa flak he doesn't deserve. here a link to the article : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85627.

On the whole though I think it was the right call from Ferrari.

Hornet
29th July 2010, 18:23
I think you'll all find that the bolded part of the post that sempre_ferrari posted above was actually said by Barrichello. Apparently he talked to Massa about the incident and was giving his point of view about it. so I guess we may be giving Massa flak he doesn't deserve. here a link to the article : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/85627.

On the whole though I think it was the right call from Ferrari.
Thanks for clearing that up. That previous article sure was confusing. Out of nowhere came that statement about a Brazilian which actually referring to Ruby

Doubt Massa would say such thing anyway, he's not the guy that will complain against about the team to the press.

Something tells me RB is talking about his own experience though :lol

Grillo
29th July 2010, 19:22
There is one reason why this particular team order (not the 1st one this season) is being highlighted by the media and thats because it involves Alonso.
I understand it's scaring that Ferrari&Alonso could dominate the last part of the season. They've been lucky enough that we have had very few normal races this season but it may have changed in Hockenheim. I just hate this long break in August just now... :-(

racingbradley
29th July 2010, 20:43
This crap about Alonso not being able to get past Massa has got to stop, when Alonso done him coming into the pit lane, people complained because he passed his teammate, if Alonso complained over the team radio that massa would get to the pits 1st and had not of made the move, people would have said why didnt he get past? He can never win.
Tell me why????????
Quite honestly if I had been team manager that day Mr Alonso would have been sent straight back out again and told to learn some manners but there again Santander money speaks and we are going to give in to him all of the time. He's not going to have any "character forming experiences" while he's with us.
Poor Massa.

Curbs
29th July 2010, 20:52
Yeah, poor poor Massa, earns a lot of money from Ferrari, and yet the whole Massa-family has to cry in the press and create bad PR for the company that feeds them at the end of the day.
:-( buhuu

And yes, Ferrari should learn Alonso lessons during a race and take points from him, points that should make them win a WDC title :roll, wich would generate GOOD PR and help making the Ferraribrand stronger.
At the end of the day, thats why both Fernando and Felipe are there. Building a brand, by racing that brands car in the best way possible.The best way possible is for Ferrari to decide, not Massa or his family.

racingbradley
29th July 2010, 21:14
At the end of the day, thats why both Fernando and Felipe are there. Building a brand, by racing that brands car in the best way possible.The best way possible is for Ferrari to decide, not Massa or his family.

We the fans expect standards from our sports people. Passing your team mate in the pit lane where he had to take avoiding action onto the grass to prevent both cars ending up out of the race------now that is reckless and dangerous.
Ruining your team mates race by deliberately turning into him and spoiling his race just because he had a better start and had the audacity to try & pass.
Before you say fan girl go away I have you believe that I am a true Ferrari fan who expects the red team to uphold certain standards which might just help to maintain their prestige which I am sure will benefit the brand.
Sometimes I did not always agree with Michael's actions but at least he treated his team mates with RESPECT.

Grillo
29th July 2010, 22:59
Tell me why????????
Quite honestly if I had been team manager that day Mr Alonso would have been sent straight back out again and told to learn some manners but there again Santander money speaks and we are going to give in to him all of the time. He's not going to have any "character forming experiences" while he's with us.
Poor Massa.
This is something you don't know, do you? Alonso could have heating problems next year with the new Pirelli tyres and they might suit Massa perfectly. Who knows? Of course Alonso would find it hard to accept it but Ferrari will do what is best for the team, won't they?

A reminder: Kimi won WDC in 2007 because Alonso didn't play second fiddle at McLaren. He fought up to the last checkered flag and that's why he's now in Ferrari, because he never gives up. I'm a Kimi fan so don't tell me I'm bashing him in any way Ferrari, Kimi, Massa won because they worked as a team.

Tifosi
29th July 2010, 23:10
Yeah, poor poor Massa, earns a lot of money from Ferrari, and yet the whole Massa-family has to cry in the press and create bad PR for the company that feeds them at the end of the day.

And yes, Ferrari should learn Alonso lessons during a race and take points from him, points that should make them win a WDC title :roll, wich would generate GOOD PR and help making the Ferraribrand stronger.

how wonderfully assumptive & business clinical

Suzie
29th July 2010, 23:12
Antonio Massa better not say anymore - the kids in the Massa family need new shoes :-s

Brakefade
30th July 2010, 01:03

BS. You're telling me that Ferrari would've pulled this off in Bahrain? No way. If Massa can show that his faster next year, by doing what Alonso has done this year to him, trust me, Luca will back Massa up for the WDC.

killer
30th July 2010, 02:29

Why would I be in a position to forgive?

I agree the whole thing was not exactly well-handled, but what's done is done. Ferrari have been through worse and they still remain; no need to be overly worried about bad press--this will be forgotten come the next controversy--and guess what? Ferrari will still be Ferrari. Let it go.

killer
30th July 2010, 02:31

Stop for a moment and think: do you honestly believe that Ferrari--a company that spends ZERO on marketing and advertising--are still in the process of building a brand?

Alonso05-06
30th July 2010, 02:35
"Fernando is FASTER than you"

"Can you confirm you understand that message"?

:-G

Curbs
30th July 2010, 08:03
Stop for a moment and think: do you honestly believe that Ferrari--a company that spends ZERO on marketing and advertising--are still in the process of building a brand?

Yes, a brand doesn´t stay on top once you get there. It stays for years yes, but it needs work all the time to stay on top.

Curbs
30th July 2010, 08:04
how wonderfully assumptive & business clinical

I think what Luca said was the same thing.

killer
30th July 2010, 08:52
Yes, a brand doesn´t stay on top once you get there. It stays for years yes, but it needs work all the time to stay on top.

...and Antonio Massa's statement will severely damage Ferrari's reputation as a racing team and a marque?

At any rate, mate--all I said was maybe you should step back for a moment and realize it's just a sport. :-)

Tifosi
30th July 2010, 09:11
...and Antonio Massa's statement will severely damage Ferrari's reputation as a racing team and a marque?

At any rate, mate--all I said was maybe you should step back for a moment and realize it's just a sport. :-)

To be fair, Fernando said that it wasn't a sport anymore :lol

(only messin' ;-))

racingbradley
30th July 2010, 13:22
Maybe it's time to put his discussion to bed since we have all got opinions all quite legimate since we are all individuals and have the right to our own opinion!!!!!!!
Before I go I found this which might interest Massa fans:;-)

Ferrari issued Massa team order three times
Felipe Massa received three team orders before he moved over for Fernando Alonso at Hockenheim, it has emerged.Germany's Auto Motor und Sport made the claim, as the controversy about prohibited team orders continues to rage days later in the Hungaroring paddock.
The report said Alonso, who was later heard on the radio to say the situation was "ridiculous", began to complain to the Ferrari pitwall about Massa's pace shortly after his pitstop.
The team replied that it could do nothing, so Spaniard Alonso, who turned 29 on Thursday, dropped back nearly four seconds.
His engineer Andrea Stella told Alonso he was worried about the growing gap, to which Alonso reportedly replied: "No problem, I will close up".
It was this pace relative to leader Massa that moved Ferrari to issue the team order.
But some media have portrayed Alonso as a bully and complainer, suggesting that his reputation has been negatively dented by the affair, which could cost him the support of the spectators.
But he told reporters in Hungary: "Of course it doesn't affect me, not at all. I don't think anything has changed for me or that anything will come back to me.
"Today when I arrived, the airport was full, also the hotel was full of people cheering for us, and these are the fans I saw so far," added Alonso.
He said if the shoe was on the other foot, he would also play the team game.
"If the conditions were the same, with the tyres not working correcting etcetera ... I would surely do the same, the team is the most important thing," Alonso said.
Meanwhile, Massa was fending off claims that - particularly in his native Brazil - his reputation is in tatters.
"People believed in him," said Brazilian journalist Livio Oricchio. "He was considered a winner and thousands of fans saw him as a future champion.
"This image is gone," he added.

Suzie
30th July 2010, 17:26
Thanks RB. I don't know what to believe to be honest, and we will probably never know. I don't think anyone is blameless. Disappointing.

Silent Bob
30th July 2010, 21:31
Maybe nobody is blameless in that team orders were issued... however, only Massa & smedley are to blame for Ferrari being called to the WMSC and being fined for bringing the sport into disrepute.

Suzie
30th July 2010, 21:40
Yeah - not the botched job of implementing the order (if it existed) in the first place.
I know I am biased, I completely admit it, but people seem to forget that it was Rob Smedley's family that kept this forum updated and informed about Felipe last year; not to mention that Rob himself sent a message to us all thanking us. And now a lot of people are crucifying him. I'm sure if they could read some of what is being said, they'd wonder why they bothered.

I don't think being sentimental or emotional is a crime. I thought the human aspect is what we all love about Ferrari.

racingbradley
30th July 2010, 21:57
Yeah - not the botched job of implementing the order (if it existed) in the first place.
I know I am biased, I completely admit it, but people seem to forget that it was Rob Smedley's family that kept this forum updated and informed about Felipe last year; not to mention that Rob himself sent a message to us all thanking us. And now a lot of people are crucifying him. I'm sure if they could read some of what is being said, they'd wonder why they bothered.
People are fickle Suzie. I always thought that people on here were very different from Macca supporters. We all gathered round anddid some lovely things last year when Massa was in danger of losing his life!!!!!
I know folk who change with the tide. In 2008 they loved Hamiliton because he was winning and the same people changed to Brawn & Button because they were winning!Now they are back with Hamiliton.
It really doesn't matter how these drivers get there---whether they push their team mates out of the way in the pit approach, at the beginning of the race or cry for team orders-------what's important is winning. Now I am probably a bit odd because I believe in support through thick & thin, the good times and the bad times but alas that's not the way in 2010. It's support the most likely winner.
I guess I should not be surprised--Kimi went from hero to zero in a year. I guess Felipe understands it better than we do.:-??

Tifosi
30th July 2010, 22:41
Many on this forum understand that Ferrari is history and quote the words and actions of Enzo to back that up.

Ferrari is not a badge, or a BANK, or some stats. It's the people who forge the history by their approach, passion and determination IMO.

You cant have it BOTH ways.

Anyhoo, beancounters and fly-by-nights feel feel to scoff and bitch about a senslessly emotive Tifoso, I couldn't give a ****!

Sweet dreams

:ferrarifl

Hornet
31st July 2010, 04:12

I don't think being sentimental or emotional is a crime. I thought the human aspect is what we all love about Ferrari.
I don't know what to think of Rob, though I thought Massa handled the situation pretty well, he did what he had to do without causing a scene.

That said, its not unreasonable to expect these people to be professional at their job, they have to be for the good of the team. It is ok to have emotions and stuff like that, but its their responsibility to keep them in check and not let it get in the way of carrying out their job.

I think thats what we all like about Ferrari too. They keep most of their internal discussion private, they don't go complaining to the press. Anytime they have an issue they talk privately, not in a medium that is available to the public.

Again not accusing anyone here. IMO there's no one to be blamed, Ferrari was always an easy target for FIA and the media anyway. No matter how Felipe moved over, everyone knew the FIA would be on to us, and the media starts foaming in their mouth. We did not do anything wrong, and I hope the team will continue to be professional and more importantly, be kept in one piece.

mad_ani
31st July 2010, 05:31
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz299/n_anirudh/tocopy.jpg

vcs316
31st July 2010, 06:32
:roll

Tifosi
31st July 2010, 08:25
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz299/n_anirudh/tocopy.jpg

why post this? as we've ALL agreed, ALL teams operate teams orders where necessary. This is purely an anti-Ferrari joke!

Julie B
31st July 2010, 08:37
why post this? as we've ALL agreed, ALL teams operate teams orders where necessary. This is purely an anti-Ferrari joke!

Agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain :roll bored now !

FFFerrari
31st July 2010, 08:40
What Felipe managed is that Ferrari CAN'T use team orders now to fix the positions, otherwise they would be murdered by stewards and WMSC since they are now under a magnifying glass thanks to what happened in German GP.

The cost of this was Massa's reputation in Brazil. He was looked up as the driver who had a real chance for WDC, coming back from a serious injury. Now he is seen as a betrayer of his country because in Brazil, the driver comes first, the team second - they believe he chose the new deal and the money it brings over his pride as a racing driver and now positioned similarly as Barrichello was during his years on Ferrari. Interesting to see how this unfolds, we might see fireworks between our drivers.

Julie B
31st July 2010, 08:51
What Felipe managed is that Ferrari CAN'T use team orders now to fix the positions, otherwise they would be murdered by stewards and WMSC since they are now under a magnifying glass thanks to what happened in German GP.

The cost of this was Massa's reputation in Brazil. He was looked up as the driver who had a real chance for WDC, coming back from a serious injury. Now he is seen as a betrayer of his country because in Brazil, the driver comes first, the team second - they believe he chose the new deal and the money it brings over his pride as a racing driver and now positioned similarly as Barrichello was during his years on Ferrari. Interesting to see how this unfolds, we might see fireworks between our drivers.

Think that's a bit strong !

Tifosi
31st July 2010, 08:55
Think that's a bit strong !

that's what some of the gutter press over there are calling him though :-??. Pathetic isn't it?

Julie B
31st July 2010, 08:56
that's what some of the gutter press over there are calling him though :-??. Pathetic isn't it?

Totally out of order I think - it's a sport for heavens sake, not a crime !

racingbradley
31st July 2010, 09:05
I think this thread just needs putting to bed. There will always be differences of opinion on emotive subjects. It's just who we are!!!!!!!
How often do England fans (footie of course) disagree with the manager's decision???????

FFFerrari
31st July 2010, 09:13
Totally out of order I think - it's a sport for heavens sake, not a crime !

I think Fernando commented in 2006 (after Valencia if I remember correctly) that it's not a sport ;-)

But yes, I think the brazilians are going overboard with this, but that's just the way they are. And yes, they really calling it a treason out there. Duh.

racingbradley
31st July 2010, 19:11
I think Fernando commented in 2006 (after Valencia if I remember correctly) that it's not a sport ;-)
But yes, I think the brazilians are going overboard with this, but that's just the way they are. And yes, they really calling it a treason out there. Duh.

Well Valencia wasn't a race venue until 2008 so it might have been somewhere else. Never mind he said it anyway.;-)
As for the Brazilians they just want another WDC just like we did in 2008!!!!!! Can you blame them???????

FFFerrari
31st July 2010, 19:56
Well Valencia wasn't a race venue until 2008 so it might have been somewhere else. Never mind he said it anyway.;-)
As for the Brazilians they just want another WDC just like we did in 2008!!!!!! Can you blame them???????

Sorry, it was Monza 2006 - had to actually check. And no, I can't blame them but they could really tone it down a notch.