PDA

View Full Version : Felipe is back

Anni
26th July 2010, 11:38
Maybe we should leave the teamorder-topic aside and be happy how well Felipe did in that race.
There was so many critism about him and it was very important for him to show the world he is still can do it. I think we all started to worry about his performance this year. We knew he could do better and finally he showed us what he is still capable of!

The teamorder took the win away from him but please let it not on top of that make us forget what a great job Felipe did! He can be very proud of himself and Iīm looking forward to see more of such great performance.
Finally he is back where we wanted to see him again and that fact should make us happy and proud of him. Please donīt let us forget that!

Fiondella
26th July 2010, 11:41
Yes agree great performance by Felipe and lets hope it is the beginning of similar performances for the rest of the season and that he gets a shot at the title next year.

Greig
26th July 2010, 11:42
Was a great drive :-)

Hornet
26th July 2010, 12:03
I totally agree. I think too many people have let the team order incident distract us from the stunning performance we had yesterday. I don't know what's change for Massa but he's certainly back at the top of the game.

I also do not think that Massa will lose his confidence after this or let the team order affect him in any way, he knows how to work in a team and I'm sure the team have discussed about this stuff all the time.

Greig
26th July 2010, 12:05
Yep I don't think yesterday will affect Massa in the slightest, he is bigger than that :-) In fact it might even do him some good :-)

shostak
26th July 2010, 12:11
When Ferrari get penalty from FIA you wont say the same about Massa...

Greig
26th July 2010, 12:15

? Massa done as told by the team, he did not wave his arms, call it ridiculous, Ferrari will accept the penalty for the good of the team :-) Any penalty is not a reflection on his drive however so let's stick to that subject.

Altharis
26th July 2010, 12:16
This remark probably gave you wings, right?
I don't understand why you keep blaming Massa.
Imagine what would have been if Alonso was in Massa's place :)

shostak
26th July 2010, 12:25
This remark probably gave you wings, right?
I don't understand why you keep blaming Massa.
Imagine what would have been if Alonso was in Massa's place :)

Massa has experience letting pass his teammate, and yesterday was the most obvious, unnecessarily obvious. He made it on purpose, and this will cost high.

Tifosi
26th July 2010, 12:34
Massa has experience letting pass his teammate, and yesterday was the most obvious, unnecessarily obvious. He made it on purpose, and this will cost high.

Ferrari's behaviour as a team and your beloved's radio attitude will cost Ferrari. You are no team supporter by scapegoating Massa, that's for sure.

Greig
26th July 2010, 12:34

How will it cost us?

Fiondella
26th July 2010, 12:35

NO it won't, do you think 100,000 is a lot in the whole scheme of things. Nothing more will happen. The Team Orders rule is rubbish

shostak
26th July 2010, 12:39
NO it won't, do you think 100,000 is a lot in the whole scheme of things. Nothing more will happen. The Team Orders rule is rubbish

I'm afraid of WMSC. And yes, team orders rule is rubbish.

straycat
26th July 2010, 15:33
filipe did not use discretion when allowing his team-mate to pass. he drove well and who knows what the bosses were discussing. vettle was closing on fernando , fernando was faster than filipe but could not risk a double ferrari pile up when trying to overtake filipe, i think the team was concerned about this as vettle is a bit agressive. it was good to see the team come back strong and i hope this incident is snuffed soon because we dont need inner-team problems...ferrari wont stand for it and if it interferes with progress, one or the other or both (driver) will be gone. this is the reality of f1 racing , always has been and probably always will be. lets race!

DIEK
26th July 2010, 16:13

The economic cost will be much greater for Ferrari, for Santander and the other sponsors ...

Agron
26th July 2010, 16:21
He never went away, it's just that the car is now a tied best with RB and thus he is able to prove the critics that Massa is still better than Webber, perfectly healthy and in prime condition. To think not too long ago the press was creating rumours about Webber being undecided between staying in RedBull or replacing Felipe, says it all about them really :lol.

Peridot
26th July 2010, 16:34
Felipe showed everyone on Sunday that he is gradually learning how to get around the issues he has been having with his car. He was doing a great job to be trading fastest laps with Alonso. For me it is a huge disappointment that he wasn't allowed a victory that he had rightfully earned. Given that it was the aniversary of his accident, it would have been a wonderful way to show how he had come back after such a dark time a year ago. I only hope that he is not damaged by what the team has done to him and that he can to continue to show us why he is truely a great driver.

Anni
26th July 2010, 17:05

Oh great, there are some people here who are not able to read!
What on earth is about `Maybe we should leave the teamorder-topic asideī so incomprehensible??? :roll
There are many threads about the teamorder, just leave this thread what it meant to be.

F1ferrarifanUSA
26th July 2010, 17:05
Ferrari's behaviour as a team and your beloved's radio attitude will cost Ferrari. You are no team supporter by scapegoating Massa, that's for sure.

Did Fernando asked the team to Let him pass Massa?

F1ferrarifanUSA
26th July 2010, 17:07
The economic cost will be much greater for Ferrari, for Santander and the other sponsors ...

Alonso is Santendar s whiney baby girl!! so i am sure they wont worry much about it

F1ferrarifanUSA
26th July 2010, 17:11
I was so happy watching the race, every single lap and the way Ferrari was on the front untill that stupid team order ruined the race and whole respect I have for Ferrari. Felippe was robbed his victory, he was driving with passion and he was on his own class yesterday. I was so happy to see the old Felippe!!!! Then all of a sudden they let the cry baby pass him and get Number 1 which he does not deserve. THIS WAS FELIPPE S WIN PERIOD. It will take him a long time to get over this and I doubt how he will perform in the next race. ALONSO IS NOTHING BUT SELFISH AND HE WILL NEVER EVER HAVE FRIENDS!!!!!

Hermann
26th July 2010, 17:18
I was so happy watching the race, every single lap and the way Ferrari was on the front untill that stupid team order ruined the race and whole respect I have for Ferrari. Felippe was robbed his victory, he was driving with passion and he was on his own class yesterday. I was so happy to see the old Felippe!!!! Then all of a sudden they let the cry baby pass him and get Number 1 which he does not deserve. THIS WAS FELIPPE S WIN PERIOD. It will take him a long time to get over this and I doubt how he will perform in the next race. ALONSO IS NOTHING BUT SELFISH AND HE WILL NEVER EVER HAVE FRIENDS!!!!!

:lol

Anni
26th July 2010, 17:22

I ask once again if we couldnīt leave the teamorder-topic out of this thread!
I created it to honor Felipeīs performance yesterday, since it seems as if everyone is forgetting about how well he was doing.

RedDragon
26th July 2010, 17:57
Yeah, c'mon boys, take it somewhere else. Anni started this thread for people to celebrate. There are plenty of threads debating the other stuff already, where you can discuss this without trying to hijack a happy one. :-)

Fiondella
26th July 2010, 18:00

Err why? The Team Orders rule is flawed it is at odds with the idea of strategic thinking when pursuing a WDC. What will the WMSC do? In 2002 they slapped Ferrari with a 1,000,000 because of the podium switch. The rule was subsequently introduced and every team now uses coded messages to indicate team orders and that is exactly what ferrari did. The rule is pants and if WMSC do anything more, it will open up a whole can of worms. They will do nothing.

Nova
26th July 2010, 18:06
I ask once again if we couldnīt leave the teamorder-topic out of this thread!
I created it to honor Felipeīs performance yesterday, since it seems as if everyone is forgetting about how well he was doing.

Right on...great to see ole Massa fighting at the front again and w/a car that can fight.......
Ferrari 1 2 German GP :thumb to Felipe on his comeback..

RedDragon
26th July 2010, 18:20
On this day 1 year ago we didn't even know if he was going to live, let alone race again. It is fabulous to see him not only alive and well, but to see him as part of a Ferrari 1-2.

I will also never forget how wonderfully united the TSN community was as that time as well.

Rookie
26th July 2010, 18:44
Actually great drive by the both of them. After a day of reflecting. Its not really the drivers that are at fault, but the fault really falls into the management. This whole mess could've been sorted out quietly. Which really brings in mind is Stefano really running a tight ship? For the time being he's the only one capable of the job but with all the mess the team has been in it really raises doubts about his management skills because he is the sole person responsible for running the team and making decisions much as he does deserve praise for a job well done but more so also when things don't go right.

Greig
26th July 2010, 18:51
What mess would you say Stefano has brought the team?

infineon
26th July 2010, 18:55
Massa drove a brilliant race yesterday...

If alonso was so fast then he should have just overtaken Massa instead of crying like a little girl and having the team do it for him.

Will never be able to support him after that.

REDARMYSOJA
26th July 2010, 19:02
Yesterday was a BIG moral victory for Felipe. I know he'd rather have the actual kind, and so would I, but at least to me and I'm sure some others he proved he can outpace Alonso. Alonso is going to find out what first Kimi and then that spring at Hungary knows, that Massa is a hard man to get rid of.

Keep up the great work Felipe. Next year you'll be the one ahead in points and Alonso will have to pull over for you. Payback is a female dog.

Suzie
26th July 2010, 19:03
On this day 1 year ago we didn't even know if he was going to live, let alone race again. It is fabulous to see him not only alive and well, but to see him as part of a Ferrari 1-2.

I will also never forget how wonderfully united the TSN community was as that time as well.

I agree with every word of this :thumb

Felipe was fantastic all weekend and it proved that his problems this year have been about tyre issues and NOT anything to do with his accident. I loved watching him lead, it was just like old times again; I still believe that when he's on it he can be nigh on unbeatable. It was very, very cruel what was done to him but he's the master of picking himself up and proving people wrong when he's at his lowest.

It's just a pity that I ended up feeling like total crap yesterday when I should have been jumping about with pride.

Nova
26th July 2010, 19:06
Well dont feel like crap, Felipe is a big boy, he will have his time...

Effone
26th July 2010, 19:07
Yes, not bad for a number two driver.. ;-)

redsteph
26th July 2010, 19:30
The thing is. If fernando had got to the first corner first and won the race from the front we would all be hailing a great result and a fabulous drive from Felipe.

Hands up who would of taken a 2nd for him at the start of the weekend?

I really hope that what has happened hasn't dented his confidence. I think Rob will have a big job on his hands this coming weekend

F1ferrarifanUSA
26th July 2010, 20:28

If alonso was so fast then he should have just overtaken Massa instead of crying like a little girl and having the team do it for him.

:thumb

Exactly!!! CRY BABY does it again. I cant support Fernando anymore! Its sad the fact we cant have a driver in OUR team that we love. I hope Massa can beat him this season in points. But I doubt Ferrari will let him do that even if he s more competitive than Fernando

Tifoso
26th July 2010, 20:30

Exactly!!! CRY BABY does it again. I cant support Fernando anymore! Its sad the fact we cant have a driver in OUR team that we love. I hope Massa can beat him this season in points. But I doubt Ferrari will let him do that even if he s more competitive than Fernando

Felipe can beat him in points, but it won't be for WDC (this year). I am rooting for Alonso, because he's our only chance to bring home a trophy (this year).

Hermann
26th July 2010, 21:25

Ah another one crying about Fernando. You guys are funny. ;-)

aroutis
26th July 2010, 21:31
I am not convinced, he had a good race, ok, good for him, good for the team also.

Now let's see him have another two , three consistent performances and we can talk bout him being back.

Tifosi
26th July 2010, 21:36
I am not convinced, he had a good race, ok, good for him, good for the team also.

so what element has to be good for it to be good apart from it being good for him and good for the team?

DiverF1
26th July 2010, 23:15
iīm not sure about this.

It's me or Masa is fast only when Alonso is near....???

aroutis
26th July 2010, 23:31
so what element has to be good for it to be good apart from it being good for him and good for the team?What I said is that his performance in that one event is good for the team and for him; meaning good for the moral of the team and of course because the team got a lot of points because of that, good for him because finally he landed a solid performance and also he got good points also.

But for sure he needs to keep it up before someone claims that he's back.

Hope that answers your question.

Aussie
27th July 2010, 01:12

Whatever cry baby my ass

Alonso is our only hope to with the WDC

F1ferrarifanUSA
27th July 2010, 01:44
Whatever cry baby my ass

Alonso is our only hope to with the WDC

MR AUSSIE MATE OR MISS AUSSIE. LANGUAGE PLEASE!!! THIS IS A DECENT FORUM NOT FOR GHETTO LIKE U

Agron
27th July 2010, 02:03

Exactly!!! CRY BABY does it again. I cant support Fernando anymore! Its sad the fact we cant have a driver in OUR team that we love. I hope Massa can beat him this season in points. But I doubt Ferrari will let him do that even if he s more competitive than FernandoKimi let himself be overtaken by Felipe so I guess you don't support Felipe anymore; and in fact Kimi would have been forced to do the same this year had he been in Massa's situation and Massa in Alonso's. Because they know their greatest chance at winning a WDC is staying with Ferrari and following the rules, maybe next year is Felipe's year.

I guess if next year Alonso moves over for Massa to pass him in a similar situation you won't support neither of the two drivers :lol

dbristol91
27th July 2010, 02:08
Alonso is my driver. No doubt about it. But I will be extremly happy for Felipe to win next weekend in Hungary, and he also needs to win a championship. Great driver, excelent guy! Go Filipe! Chin up!

Rookie
27th July 2010, 02:31
What mess would you say Stefano has brought the team?

How about managing this team orders issue behind closed doors so that the team would've have to worry about sept 10 when the WMC meets them to explain what transpired last sunday. Stefano said the Luca Di Montezemolo and him already decided what to do so I think he had ample time to avoid what happened last sunday. Like I said before, him being the team principal has a lot of responsibilities on him like many people argeeing that the intentions were good but delivered badly. I've no idea about the workings of their decision making but with Felipe and Rob being so emotional and expressing their disapointment it really rests on him to control his employees or those under him. IMHO thats one of the responsibilities of the team principal. But, aside from the emotional outbursts from Felipe and Rob, nice job for Stefano in keeping the media in check even if the press (especially the british press) is taking pot shot at the team.

Brakefade
27th July 2010, 03:47
Honestly, I think if Fernando would've gotten passed Felipe in the first corner he would've rocketed off into the distance. But what happened was Vettel really squeezed Fernando to the inside at the start, which forced both to take a very un-racing line around the first corner. While both were recovering Felipe drove a better line on the outside, even using some of the run-off area. I do have to give credit to Felipe for fending off Alonso when they were going through traffic though. I love Felipe and if he starts to beat Alonso next year, I will cheer for him to be WDC, but right now Fernando is definitely better than him.

impactX
27th July 2010, 06:22
1 good race and he is back?

I like his spirit, but he sort of brought the situation upon himself when he didn't score nearly enough points as Alonso in the first half of the season.

Mirage
27th July 2010, 07:24
Yesterday was a BIG moral victory for Felipe. I know he'd rather have the actual kind, and so would I, but at least to me and I'm sure some others he proved he can outpace Alonso. Alonso is going to find out what first Kimi and then that spring at Hungary knows, that Massa is a hard man to get rid of.

Keep up the great work Felipe. Next year you'll be the one ahead in points and Alonso will have to pull over for you. Payback is a female dog.

Umm he hardly outpaced Alonso. He did a good race and showed he is not a chump, but without such a great car, qualifying 0.5 from Alonso would usually result in starting midfield so until he fixes his qualifying he is not really back.