PDA

View Full Version : Montezemolo: “The interests of the team come before those of the individual”

shostak
26th July 2010, 19:09
Montezemolo: “The interests of the team come before those of the individual”

Maranello, 26 July – The day after the splendid one-two finish at Hockenheim, the Ferrari President chose to express his satisfaction with this long awaited result, through the Scuderia’s web site. “I am very happy for all our fans who finally, yesterday, saw two Ferraris lead from start to finish as they dominated the race,” said Luca di Montezemolo in Maranello, where he reviewed the season so far along with Stefano Domenicali. “The result is down to the efforts of all our people, who never give up. Now we have to continue working like this, to improve the car so that is competitive at all the circuits we will encounter. Alonso and Massa also did very well, giving their all throughout the weekend. The polemics are of no interest to me. I simply reaffirm what I have always maintained, which is that our drivers are very well aware, and it is something they have to stick to, that if one races for Ferrari, then the interests of the team come before those of the individual. In any case, these things have happened since the days of Nuvolari and I experienced it myself when I was Sporting Director, in the days of Niki Lauda and not just then…Therefore enough of this hypocrisy, even if I can well believe that some people might well have liked to see our two drivers eliminate one another, but that is definitely not the case for me or indeed for our fans.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/100726_f1_Montezemolo_interests_of_team_come_befor e_those_of_the_individual.aspx

REDARMYSOJA
26th July 2010, 19:11
these things have happened since the days of Nuvolari and I experienced it myself when I was Sporting Director, in the days of Niki Lauda and not just then…Therefore enough of this hypocrisy, even if I can well believe that some people might well have liked to see our two drivers eliminate one another, but that is definitely not the case for me or indeed for our fans.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/100726_f1_Montezemolo_interests_of_team_come_befor e_those_of_the_individual.aspx

You tell 'em Luca !

:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl

Fiondella
26th July 2010, 19:12
Well said Luca D fantastic:thumb

Tifoso
26th July 2010, 19:25
Well said Luca :wine

Nova
26th July 2010, 19:25
:thumb

Rob
26th July 2010, 19:29
:thumb:clap says it all Luca!!!

Been saying that all day to my work mates who been slating Ferrari off.

Greig
26th July 2010, 19:37
Well said Luca Di :-)

vcs316
26th July 2010, 20:09
Well said Mr. President :thumb

I hope this will put an end to the bickering on TSN :-)

aroutis
26th July 2010, 20:10
Excellent !

Agron
26th July 2010, 20:12
Balls of steel this guy has :-D

Best answer to all this farce the press are creating.

Greig
26th July 2010, 20:13
I like how he mentions Lauda too :-) who has been whining his head off about it :-)

epiclyaddicted
26th July 2010, 20:39
Well said Luca di! :clap

REDARMYSOJA
26th July 2010, 20:42
I like how he mentions Lauda too :-) who has been whining his head off about it :-)

:lol

Yeah, apparently Niki's memory ain't so good either.

Tifoso
26th July 2010, 20:46
:lol

Yeah, apparently Niki's memory ain't so good either.

Of pesonal experience. Dip :roll

theodorus8864
27th July 2010, 10:41
Love how Luca says it. :thumb

arunkshrestha
27th July 2010, 10:48
I don't really understand this. Either way, the team would have scored equal points. How exactly did the interest of Alonso not come before the interest of the team?

Greig
27th July 2010, 10:50
I don't really understand this. Either way, the team would have scored equal points. How exactly did the interest of Alonso not come before the interest of the team?

Do you understand the concept of WDC? I am sure you do, why did Massa move for Kimi at Brazil 07? Don't play dumb, even if it suits the Lewis fanbase, surely you can find something better to do than act like a fool on here, is the Lewis forum a bit quiet today? It's amazing that when we were not winning you rarely posted, as soon as we win you are here all day :-D, something worrying you? Ferrari on your mind? Strange fans Lewis has....

Tifosi
27th July 2010, 10:51

because the WDC is not as unvalued by the team as you seem to think it should be!

aroutis
27th July 2010, 10:52

Mathematically it's more probable that Alonso gets the WDC ,and also it's not in our best interests that our drivers get each other out while fighting it out like say RBR.

Does that make any sense to you now?

arunkshrestha
27th July 2010, 10:53
I am not disagreeing that WDC is important. I just don't get the explanation that team comes before driver.

Greig
27th July 2010, 10:54
I am not disagreeing that WDC is important. I just don't get the explanation that team comes before driver.

Well go away and think about it, come back when you understand it :-)

Tifosi
27th July 2010, 10:55

He is saying they don't owe Massa a win. He works for the team. Basically!!!!

Fiondella
27th July 2010, 12:21
I must say that Stefano conducted himself impeccably in the face of that possessed lunatic Eddie JawDrop. He was completely out of breath after chasing down Domenicali who was on the phone to Luca D and said "I grabbed him and not very happy chap"

..................."Eddie, First and Seconds mine smile"
Priceless :lol

Stormsearcher
27th July 2010, 14:37
Montezemolo: “The interests of the team come before those of the individual”

Maranello, 26 July – The day after the splendid one-two finish at Hockenheim, the Ferrari President chose to express his satisfaction with this long awaited result, through the Scuderia’s web site. “I am very happy for all our fans who finally, yesterday, saw two Ferraris lead from start to finish as they dominated the race,” said Luca di Montezemolo in Maranello, where he reviewed the season so far along with Stefano Domenicali. “The result is down to the efforts of all our people, who never give up. Now we have to continue working like this, to improve the car so that is competitive at all the circuits we will encounter. Alonso and Massa also did very well, giving their all throughout the weekend. The polemics are of no interest to me. I simply reaffirm what I have always maintained, which is that our drivers are very well aware, and it is something they have to stick to, that if one races for Ferrari, then the interests of the team come before those of the individual. In any case, these things have happened since the days of Nuvolari and I experienced it myself when I was Sporting Director, in the days of Niki Lauda and not just then…Therefore enough of this hypocrisy, even if I can well believe that some people might well have liked to see our two drivers eliminate one another, but that is definitely not the case for me or indeed for our fans.”

Fantastic by Luca. :-) :thumb

Stormsearcher
27th July 2010, 14:38

Whats to NOT get here? Whatever benefits the team, stands. Period.

ferrari4life
27th July 2010, 15:11

Do you watch any kind of sports?...soccer..cricket..you always have to put your team goals before your own..

Brakefade
27th July 2010, 15:30
:clap

Well said capo.

xpman
27th July 2010, 15:34
you know what would been good to watch is Luka v E.Jordan after the race ding ding round 1 hahaha lol

Alonsomaniac
27th July 2010, 19:40
Well,.........whatever happens from now on, there can never be any misunderstandings about how things work anymore :lol

SilverSpeed
27th July 2010, 20:22
nuff said :-G

brembo man
27th July 2010, 22:33
Whats to NOT get here? Whatever benefits the team, stands. Period.

This definately benifts the team now, no question about it. Not like in 2002 when Ferrari was well in place for the championship, and that midjet bum Todt gave the order anyway. I'm anxious to see how he handles the situation now. I hope he dosen't fine Nico by mistake!

Tifosi
27th July 2010, 22:44
This definately benifts the team now, no question about it. Not like in 2002 when Ferrari was well in place for the championship, and that midjet bum Todt gave the order anyway. I'm anxious to see how he handles the situation now. I hope he dosen't fine Nico by mistake!

How ridiculous to talk of JT in that way :roll

If you check, you'll find that Todt has nothing to do with FIA punishments - unlike his prececessor.

brembo man
27th July 2010, 22:58
How ridiculous to talk of JT in that way :roll

If you check, you'll find that Todt has nothing to do with FIA punishments - unlike his prececessor.

Oh! I wasn't aware that he has no say. I thought as president he had some sort of influence. Good to know the world of F1 is a safer place now that he's in check.

Tifosi
27th July 2010, 23:12
Oh! I wasn't aware that he has no say. I thought as president he had some sort of influence. Good to know the world of F1 is a safer place now that he's in check.

Well you better check out the facts before releasing the scarcasm then dude ;-) Apologies if it's not sarcasm - it's late :-)

brembo man
27th July 2010, 23:27
Well you better check out the facts before releasing the scarcasm then dude ;-) Apologies if it's not sarcasm - it's late :-)

Massa is Todt's son Vincent's driver. I have to think your correct in saying he no longer matters to anyone. His position is kind of like a statue.

Tifosi
27th July 2010, 23:38
Massa is Todt's son Vincent's driver. I have to think your correct in saying he no longer matters to anyone. His position is kind of like a statue.

Where did I say that either of them no longer matters to anyone, and what has that got to to with the FIA president's self imposed lines of responsibilty?

brembo man
28th July 2010, 18:14
Where did I say that either of them no longer matters to anyone, and what has that got to to with the FIA president's self imposed lines of responsibilty?

You didn't say it, I did. You said he has no say in punishment. What does the pres. stand for, if not being in on a decision of this magnitude? Face it the guy is a zero, he managed to get Massa a ride with Ferrari before he got out and now he in my opinion got dissed big time. A drivers wins are what count not 2nd place. His son's boy is beat. Come time to make a move that win would certainly help $$$$ wise. Todt = Team Orders. If he stays out of this, its "A Vergonia!" shame on his part, not self imposed lines of responsibility. He can't and should not show his face .

Tifosi
28th July 2010, 18:21
You didn't say it, I did. You said he has no say in punishment. What does the pres. stand for, if not being in on a decision of this magnitude? Face it the guy is a zero, he managed to get Massa a ride with Ferrari before he got out and now he in my opinion got dissed big time. A drivers wins are what count not 2nd place. His son's boy is beat. Come time to make a move that win would certainly help $$$$ wise. Todt = Team Orders. If he stays out of this, its "A Vergonia!" shame on his part, not self imposed lines of responsibility. He can't and should not show his face .

James Allen on F1

People will of course point to the irony of FIA president Jean Todt presiding over this, given that it was his team order to Rubens Barrichello in 2002 which led to the introduction of the rule. But Todt has separated his position from the disciplinary procedure of the FIA, part of his distinction from the previous regime of Max Mosley. So he will not be sitting in judgement on this one.

Ok mate, we get that you don't send the Todt family a Christmas card. Your rant however doesn't seem to have a point in relation to the thread :-)

brembo man
29th July 2010, 10:37
The thread is about team orders being ok if it's for the team interest not just for The Chin when he was with us, via the midjet. Or as the thread read, not fior the individual . If James Allen took the time to comment on the midjet taking part or not because he caused the ruling to come about, I'm in good company, commenting on the same bum. Wake up boy! Your ranting about my comments make no sense!:rotfl Chill out and enjoy the next race.

Pekka
29th July 2010, 10:53
F1 should have 1 driver per team :-D

brembo man
30th July 2010, 09:58
Great idea! One driver per team and a Red Bull, Toro Russo team set up. Pekka should replace Todt immediately!

Tifosi
30th July 2010, 10:12
The thread is about team orders being ok if it's for the team interest not just for The Chin when he was with us, via the midjet. Or as the thread read, not fior the individual . If James Allen took the time to comment on the midjet taking part or not because he caused the ruling to come about, I'm in good company, commenting on the same bum. Wake up boy! Your ranting about my comments make no sense!:rotfl Chill out and enjoy the next race.

not ranting dude. you're the one with the disproportionate issue with JT ;-)

brembo man
30th July 2010, 23:21
Well at least we agree on that. He is quite disproportionate and he wears a sweater in 110 degree heat.