PDA

View Full Version : Are there more to it in the RB than we know?

Phantom
26th July 2010, 22:07
OK, so Ferrari has caught up with RB on their qualifying. They worked hard on the blown diffuser, Engine Management and in many other areas over the last few races, but the question is , Why were big teams like Ferrari, McScum and Mercedes led to believe that RB has Active Suspensions. The pictures taken seem like RB has active ride heights. Is there something else on the RB that we have not yet discovered?

aroutis
26th July 2010, 23:37
What pictures are you talking bout? Any links?

kazi
27th July 2010, 00:47
IMO, judging from these pictures, both RB and Ferrari are lower in qualifying then in the race. It could be optical illusion and the race photos could be from different points in the race.

But it does seem odd that both cars seem to have higher ride height with full tanks. :Hmm

Hockenheim qualy;
http://photos.gpupdate.net/large/159219.jpg
http://photos.gpupdate.net/large/159205.jpg

Hockenheim race;
http://photos.gpupdate.net/large/159555.jpg
http://photos.gpupdate.net/large/159556.jpg

Brakefade
27th July 2010, 02:01
I don't think those pics mean much unless they were all taken at the exact same spot on the track. Downforce will naturally push the cars closer to the ground. If anything I think we're seeing the F-Duct in action on the last two pics. Notice how high the rear end is compared to the first two pics.

xlinx
27th July 2010, 02:20
Yep! Inconclusive just by looking to the photos, (the first one is a Toro Rosso).
It would be a good idea to compare them with a Mcen and a Merc.

996 GT1 Lover
27th July 2010, 03:06
OK, so Ferrari has caught up with RB on their qualifying. They worked hard on the blown diffuser, Engine Management and in many other areas over the last few races, but the question is , Why were big teams like Ferrari, McScum and Mercedes led to believe that RB has Active Suspensions. The pictures taken seem like RB has active ride heights. Is there something else on the RB that we have not yet discovered?

People were complaining about their supposed hidden adjustable ride height, but nothing has been found. The Red Bull has been deemed fully legal by the FIA all year. Teams have shut up about it, so that means, to me at least, that there was nothing to be found. Horner even said to Vettel after getting pole in China "who needs ride height control?"

As far as I know, the adjusted exhaust flow for the blown diffuser in qualifying was really the only thing they had that we didn't.

kazi
27th July 2010, 15:10
Yep! Inconclusive just by looking to the photos, (the first one is a Toro Rosso).
It would be a good idea to compare them with a Mcen and a Merc.

Wow. I'm a bit embarrased over that mistake. Was late it the night, sorry :)

xpman
27th July 2010, 15:21
accept the fact this what happens when you employ people who know what they are doing they able to design F1cars . Thankfully we started to employ people who also know what they doing.

Ste
27th July 2010, 15:58
You aren't going to see 2cm from an external picture like that anyway. You'd need the onboard footage. Only thing I saw was the Red Bull front wing shaking a lot at high speed. It's been cleared by the FIA so there clearly isn't anything wrong with it.

ferrari4life
27th July 2010, 17:26
Ok I am not sure where the fuel is located in the car but if it was located towards the back end of the car then wouldn't adding more fuel cause the car to lift up in the front..thus explaining the ride height issue?

mandzipop
27th July 2010, 18:04
It is the front wing. Alledgedly it is slightly more flexible than it should be. Why do you think that Ferrari has caught up. cough cough.

Ant Raikkonen
28th July 2010, 10:20
accept the fact this what happens when you employ people who know what they are doing they able to design F1cars . Thankfully we started to employ people who also know what they doing.

I wonder when the "Pat Fry effect" will kick in on the car performance? Maybe already? :-)

I reckon he was a great coup from Mclaren :thumb :clap

Greig
28th July 2010, 10:44
It is the front wing. Alledgedly it is slightly more flexible than it should be. Why do you think that Ferrari has caught up. cough cough.

Nope was given all clear by FIA, as well as Ferrari's :-)