PDA

View Full Version : DC, Jordan want team orders ban scrapped

Sempre_Ferrari
27th July 2010, 14:40
David Coulthard and Eddie Jordan have urged Formula One's rule makers to scrap the ban on team orders.

The issue is back in the spotlight after Ferrari were slapped with a $100,000 fine and ordered to appear before the World Motor Sport Council for asking Felipe Massa to move aside for team-mate Fernando Alonso at the German Grand Prix.
Coulthard insists despite the current ban, team orders have always been part and parcel of the sport.
In his The Telegraph, Coulthard wrote: "Now just hear me out. I know that what we saw at Hockenheim on Sunday, when Felipe Massa was ordered aside for Fernando Alonso, was unpalatable to many fans but for goodness sake, wake up and smell the coffee.
"Team orders happen in F1. They always have and they always will. Just because Ferrari were ham-fisted in breaking the rules, does it make their transgression any worse? I cannot believe some of the hypocrisy we've heard in the past couple of days.
"The only way to stop team orders would be to race with one car. As long as there are two (and some teams want three - how difficult would it be then to control team orders?) the rule is unenforceable.
"Team principals should be allowed to do the best they can for their team, for their employees, for their owners. That is what they always used to do. At some point during the past 60 years we seem to have lost sight of that fact.
"The public furore is based on a fundamental misunderstanding, which is that Formula One is about the individual."
Jordan was quite outspoken in his criticism of Ferrari after Sunday's race, saying the team "should be ashamed" as "they stole from us the chance of having a wheel-to-wheel contest between the drivers".
He has since calmed down and believes it's time to change the rules again.
"It's nonsense," Jordan said on BBC Radio 5 Live. "It needs to be repealed."
"Every team has to have team orders and now they are just cloaked over as a guise. But fundamentally the regulators have to sort that out.
"It has to go the world council and it has to be signed off. Ferrari probably thought they were above that and they found out that they weren't."
"Ferrari believe the best way to win the Championship is for Alonso to be the main driver, but it was the way it happened," added Jordan. "It was nonsense and the way they handled this was appalling."

Well that was quite a turn around from EJ and a slap in the face to Macca and Red Bull by Coultard :thumb

Fiondella
27th July 2010, 14:48
Well that was quite a turn around from EJ and a slap in the face to Macca and Red Bull by Coultard :thumb

Yeah DC was more or less saying that on TV and Eddie well eddie was possessed and has since been seeing an exorcist

Sempre_Ferrari
27th July 2010, 14:51
Must have been a damn good exorcist at that cause EJ was practically foaming at the mouth on Sunday :-)

Hermann
27th July 2010, 14:58
:lol isn't that sudden backpaddling just hilarious??? I tell you what- they just woke up from their 'lets rip Ferrari to pieces dream' and realized they were shooting themselves in the foot. Aka eventually necessary 'move overs' for their beloved McLaren team.

And i think Bernie's message has also been quite clear.

Ste
27th July 2010, 15:10
Eddie changes his mind as much as I change my socks. Thoroughly agreed with him about Schumacher this weekend, but his opinion on Ferrari was appalling.

Glad he's changed it.

xpman
27th July 2010, 15:10
DC was actually spot on after the race on tv and Talking out his Mouth unlike EJ talking out his rear as his Hatred and I mean Hatred of Ferrari ugly head showed Again.
That Jake look at me I got a Ipad bloke is truly Dumb as.... when MB said would we be talking about it if was for lower postion 4,5,6 etc and Mr iPAD his reply was like ...what a Fing Idiot.
Go back presenting Kidz tv.

Tech_Skill
27th July 2010, 15:23
DC was actually spot on after the race on tv and Talking out his Mouth unlike EJ talking out his rear as his Hatred and I mean Hatred of Ferrari ugly head showed Again.
That Jake look at me I got a Ipad bloke is truly Dumb as.... when MB said would we be talking about it if was for lower postion 4,5,6 etc and Mr iPAD his reply was like ...what a Fing Idiot.

:lol

Jake Humphrey is a nobody, I remember Alonso had to do an interview with him for the BBC, Jake commented before the interview was broadcast that Alonso didn't say much, and if you saw the interview it obvious Alonso couldnt stand him and just wanted to get it over and done with.

Him and Eddie Jordan are dumb and dumber.

These were the two guys who were smirking over what happened at Valencia and saying it was 'sour grapes' from Alonso and that what happened was perfectly legit, all of a sudden the rules matter when Mclaren dont benefit.

Ste
27th July 2010, 15:50
Don't start this into a slagging match about someone else guys.

I think you'll find Jake is extremely good at his job. Very knowledgeable, happy to learn, great at listening, incredibly smooth in his speech and transitions. He is the best pundit/host on any show if you ask me, nobody could do that job better.

The fact that you believe he is 'dumb' is pretty hypocritical of you considering your grammar, punctuation and spelling is atrocious. Kidz, iPAD, Fing, random capital letters etc. Absurd.

I think you should get your facts correct and learn to to write properly before you come out with such nonsense. :roll

Zenmaster
27th July 2010, 15:56

At least Mr. Ipad might be able to construct an intelligible few sentences. Seriously, everything you type hurts my mind trying to read.

JRX164
27th July 2010, 16:48
Not only DC and EJ:
Bernie Ecclestone pleit voor afschaffing van het verbod op teamorders. ‘Het is aan de teams om hun eigen strategie te bepalen.’

“Ik moet toegeven dat ik het eens ben met iedereen die van mening is dat de teams vrij moeten zijn in hun beslissingen op de baan”, zegt Ecclestone. “Wat er binnen een team gebeurt, is hun eigen verantwoordelijkheid. Als ze iets gevaarlijks doen, moet dat natuurlijk worden bestraft, maar verder moeten ze hun gang kunnen gaan.”

De commerciële uitbater van de sport weet niet of het verbod op teamorders op de agenda staat bij de autosportbond FIA. “Maar het is zeker iets wat besproken dient te worden”, aldus Ecclestone.

In 2002 werden teamorders verboden nadat Rubens Barrichello in Oostenrijk de overwinning moest afstaan aan zijn Ferrari-teamgenoot Michael Schumacher, die op dat moment al een riante voorsprong had in het kampioenschap. Het leidde tot grote verontwaardiging bij het publiek.

Sindsdien zijn er echter vaker situaties geweest waarbij een team de ene rijder, al dan niet opzichtig, voorrang verleende boven de andere. Dat was echter vaak in beslissende fases van het kampioenschap, waardoor er meer begrip was voor de handelingen.

http://www.formule1.nl/articleview/13920

Translated by Babel Fish it looks like this:

Bernie Ecclestone plead for abolition of the prohibition on team orders. `It is to the teams their own stipulate strategy. I must admit that I agrees with everyone who believes that the teams must be free in their decisions on the job, says Ecclestone. What happens there within a team, their own responsibility is. If they do something dangerous, that must be punished of course, but further must them their pace is able go. The commercial manager of the sport weet or the prohibition on team orders on the agenda does not stand at the motor sport association FIA. But it is certainly something what must become discussed, thus Ecclestone. In 2002, team orders were prohibited after Rubens Barrichello in Austria had cede the victory to its Ferrari-teamgenoot Michael Schumacher, which had an ample projection at that moment already in the championship. It led to large indignation at public. However situations where a team one of the, presence or absence of flamboyant, primacy granted above other, have more often been since then. That was however frequently in phases decisive of the championship, as a result of which understanding there was more for the operations.

Rob
27th July 2010, 18:30
Wouldnt be surprised if BBC told EJ to cool it down abit, as he was WELL OUT OF ORDER. Glad he has step back alot, well until he gets his air time this weekend :roll

DC and MB understand the situation, team comes first.

Tifoso
27th July 2010, 18:35
Well done both :-)

Italian Spirit
27th July 2010, 19:12
Not only DC and EJ:
http://www.formule1.nl/articleview/13920

Translated by Babel Fish it looks like this:

:-) Sounds more like a Master Yoda translation... :-G

SilverSpeed
27th July 2010, 20:29
Problems with my grammar I have hrhrhrhr :lol

Tifosi
27th July 2010, 21:03
Wouldnt be surprised if BBC told EJ to cool it down abit, as he was WELL OUT OF ORDER. Glad he has step back alot, well until he gets his air time this weekend :roll

DC and MB understand the situation, team comes first.

EJ is paid to take a contrary stance to whatever is said by DC & MB and run with it until the program stops. He doesn't even value his own opinion enough to keep hold of it very long so it's just to be seen as funny in my eyes. If you take him seriously - he's got to you. It's all about keeping the viewer watching - nowt else!

Examples:

This McLaren is an absolute dog of a car
Kimi should be sacked forthwith (oo-er :-??)
Michael Schumacher should NEVER have come back
Michael Schumacher has made the right decision looking ahead to next year
Ferrari should be ashamed of themselves
Lewis/Jenson are superb etc. etc.

it's just telly.

Ant Raikkonen
28th July 2010, 10:09
Don't start this into a slagging match about someone else guys.

I think you'll find Jake is extremely good at his job. Very knowledgeable, happy to learn, great at listening, incredibly smooth in his speech and transitions. He is the best pundit/host on any show if you ask me, nobody could do that job better.

The fact that you believe he is 'dumb' is pretty hypocritical of you considering your grammar, punctuation and spelling is atrocious. Kidz, iPAD, Fing, random capital letters etc. Absurd.

I think you should get your facts correct and learn to to write properly before you come out with such nonsense. :roll

Bolded is subjective, i think you'll find.