PDA

View Full Version : A win down to hard work from the team Posted by Fernando Alonso

Rob
27th July 2010, 18:03
July 27, 2010

All wins are special. Winning is a great feeling and that was the case in Hockenheim, especially when I think of the huge workload undertaken by everyone at Maranello to achieve this fantastic one-two finish. No one ever gave up and I know how pleased they were to see two Ferraris cross the line ahead of all our rivals. For over a month now we have been saying that we had to get back to winning at least once before the summer break and finally, we did it. We did not have much luck in some races and, because of unusual incidents, we did not pick up the points we deserved. There was a slight feeling of frustration with this lack of results, but at last in Germany, for once we had a normal race on a weekend when he had no problems whatsoever and the result was there for all to see.

However, the win does not change my approach to the rest of the season. We knew full before Hockenheim that our car was much more competitive and that was what made me so confident. Now we must continue in this direction, starting this coming weekend in Budapest. The Hungaroring is a special circuit for me. It was here in 2003 that I scored my first Formula 1 win and I was on pole here last year. Returning to that 24th August seven years ago, I don’t remember much about the events of the day, because it was so emotional I had the impression that everything happened incredibly quickly: it would be nice to relive that experience this weekend at the wheel of a Ferrari.

The track can almost be described as a go-kart track for Formula 1 cars. The corners follow on, one from the other, so there is nowhere for a driver to pause for breath and it is vital to have a car that deals with the many bumps in the track surface and handles riding the kerbs. From the physical and mental point of view it is a pretty demanding race, so it is important not to get impetuous and overcook things, because any mistake is heavily penalised, especially in qualifying. It’s best to stay focussed and concentrate on your own work, trying to put together the perfect weekend, one step at a time. That is what we plan to do, starting on Thursday. I have already said it many times before: there is still a long way to go in the championship and the maths will only be done at the end.

www.ferrari.com

Ted
28th July 2010, 16:24
Well Mr Alonso. I hope you sleep well after your unearned gift in Germany :lol. If it were me, I COULD NOT:furious.
TED

Tech_Skill
28th July 2010, 16:37
Well Mr Alonso. I hope you sleep well after your unearned gift in Germany :lol. If it were me, I COULD NOT:furious.
TED

:lol Yeah but its not you is it, that's why he's a multi millionaire two time world champion and the youngest ever double world champion and your some bloke in an armchair with nothing but an opinion.......which very few people on this forum care about because the driver with the best chance of winning the WDC has to get preference at a certain point in the season. Team Orders happen in F1, Mclaren have done it this season too, it just didnt involve 1st position in the race that's all. As Brundle said, if this was a swap for 4th and 5th place, no one would be having this much discussion also if this didnt involve Alonso there would be even less discussion.

Tony
28th July 2010, 16:42
Blah, blah, blah only because it's Ferrari it's fraudulent I guess.... when mclaren does it, no one cares.... blah blah blah..... lame....

Rosso Corsa
28th July 2010, 17:21
Troll fail :-D

Alonsomaniac
28th July 2010, 17:37
TED

Do you have any idea about what talks Fernando and Felipe have in private? No, you don't and neither have I. But believe me, what he tells the press is something else then what he says in private.
Fernando and Felipe both are just normal human beings like most of us are.
But to the outside world they have to stick to the story their employer wants them to tell.

ferrari4life
28th July 2010, 17:38
TED

Seems like he is sleeping a lot better than you old chap.. thanks for the entertainment.

Alonsomaniac
28th July 2010, 17:53
Yes,thanks mr Ted, but now could someone please close the door?
All kinds of straycats are wandering in and ******** in the kitchen................

Rob
28th July 2010, 17:55
Yes,thanks mr Ted, but now could someone please close the door?
All kinds of straycats are wandering in and ******** in the kitchen................

that word mate is a bit over the line!!!! :-!

yeah he won and the team got great result and valuable points.

Agron
28th July 2010, 18:08
TEDIt probably would be the happiest day of your life actually, but don't stop evaluating public figures with another set of standards than you do yourself or you might take the risk of feeling more miserable.
BTW, McLaren and Hamilton are going to lose the championships, sorry.

Tech_Skill
28th July 2010, 18:11
Lets let him have his opinion, we cant just call him a troll cos he disagrees i guess. its better to challenge his logic.

Hornet
28th July 2010, 18:46
Regardless, it was a win for Ferrari anyway and this is something all of us can be happy about

We may or may not win either title this year, but we have to start somewhere and keep the momentum going. Just like how Red Bull were getting stronger at the end of last year. I hope this is it for us, and we will continue with this form

Tobes
28th July 2010, 20:29
TED

Ted... have you followed F1 for long...?

Team orders are part of the sport, always have been, the endless cries of 'fraudulent' are becoming a tad tiresome... :-)

steve1971
28th July 2010, 22:10
Just another Troll.

flam147
28th July 2010, 23:36
Ted... have you followed F1 for long...?

Team orders are part of the sport, always have been, the endless cries of 'fraudulent' are becoming a tad tiresome... :-)

guess that makes Hamilton a fraudulent world champion 2008 then:-)

delsando
29th July 2010, 02:35
TED

Sorry i think you got the wrong forum, this is where you belong http://mclaren.com/fans-and-members :furious

xlinx
29th July 2010, 05:22
TED

Damn, I can smell the $hit running down from the next suburb as well... LOL :lol LOL!!!!

Alessandra
29th July 2010, 07:03
Germany was indeed a great win for the team as a whole and we all hope that it was indeed a turning point in Ferrari's fortunes (or luck) this season. A 1-2 in Hungary would really put the cat amongst the pigeons on the pit lane:clap

Alonsomaniac
29th July 2010, 10:04
that word mate is a bit over the line!!!! :-!

yeah he won and the team got great result and valuable points.

It's a thin line when these kind of trolls keep coming.................................;-)