PDA

View Full Version : The Virgin Brides of Formula One

steelstallions
28th July 2010, 06:01
OK, we have said about everything that can be said about the Team Orders at the German GP, but now that the other teams are using this as an excuse to make over the top statements criticising our team. I was beginning to get rather perturbed at their whining, but read on.

They sound like a bunch of haggard old hookers talking about a fresh young Ferrari not being a virgin bride.

Now Mccheaters long have they missed that undeserved halo of being "the sporting team", are trying for the "we have no team orders" tosh when DC himself on the German GP commentary said he had to adhere to them. One of if not the longest serving Mclaren driver of all time.
Then Horner gets his 10 pence worth.

I smell fear, in fact I am beginning to get confidence in their whining. Why? they got their ar$e kicked Sunday by a much improved Ferrari and they know they have their work cut out, so are trying anything to bring us down.
Even making a mountain out of a mole hill, over a team order that they pretend they don't have.

steelstallions
29th July 2010, 06:11
http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/01628

McLaren's engineering director, Paddy Lowe, has admitted his outfit is confused by the front-wings on the Red Bull and Ferrari.

A row almost erupted during the German GP after photo's emerged showing the wings of McLaren's nearest title rivals flexing under force - something which is banned under the regulations.

However, the wings were declared legal after the race by the FIA. That decision now means it's likely to lead to several outfits developing their own, that is, once they've figured out how the Italian and Milton Keynes based squads are doing it.

"There's a difference of a reasonably large degree that we've got to explain by relatively subtle effects such as fuel weight, tyre pressure or low-speed set-up," said Lowe in a McLaren phone-in. "These things affect the car to a relatively small degree - much smaller than the difference we've seen in the pictures.

"So there is a phenomenon that we're seeing, we just don’t understand it.

"We’re working very hard at the moment to try and understand it and to see if it's got performance and whether we can deliver that as well."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8856231.stm

Before the team orders controversy ruined Ferrari's otherwise triumphal weekend at the German Grand Prix, there had been another cloud hanging over the team.

Rival teams were suspicious that the F10's front wing - and that of the Red Bull - was so close to the ground when under load out on the track that it was surely gaining a big aerodynamic advantage.

After studying photographs of all the cars in action, these rivals could not see how the wing could do this without the aid of some illegitimate linkage and were suspicious the car was not legal.

They presented photographs and calculations to governing body the FIA and outlined their concerns.

Both the Ferrari and Red Bull were checked extensively by FIA scrutineers post-race and found to be in full compliance with the regulations.

It was one more little tell-tale sign that Ferrari are back as a very serious threat.

Nice to start hearing Mccheaters moaning about us having something they cannot figure out. I was beginning to forget they used do their own scrutineering of our car, I hope this is the part of the season we muscle our way back to the top.

Grillo
29th July 2010, 13:01
I can smell the fear in their pants...

But they'll be ready to counter-attack soon.

Agron
29th July 2010, 13:24
Seeing the situation, one reporter asked an interesting question amongst the mass of hostile attacks on our drivers in Germany:

Q. (Carlos Miquel, Diario AS) Fernando, do you feel that some people are worrying because you are back in the championship?

FA: Maybe it seems like this, yes.

Interestingly, I think this one may be the less hipocritical and closest to the truth question asked that day by a mile :lol

Hermann
29th July 2010, 13:47
Seeing the situation, one reporter asked an interesting question amongst the mass of hostile attacks on our drivers in Germany:

Q. (Carlos Miquel, Diario AS) Fernando, do you feel that some people are worrying because you are back in the championship?

Interestingly, I think this one may be the less hipocritical and closest to the truth question asked that day by a mile :lol

Miquel got bo-ed by the british journos for that question...

epiclyaddicted
29th July 2010, 20:03
Miquel got bo-ed by the british journos for that question...

Oh I'm sure he was, because he's the only one who raised a genuine point!

Grillo
29th July 2010, 20:38

That press conference was embarrasing and Miquel showed how so many professional journos were making a fool of themselves.