PDA

View Full Version : Hungarian GP Friday and Saturday Practice Sessions Thread

Pages : [1] 2

m schumy
30th July 2010, 05:49
Great to have a racing weekend on the calendar again, one week only after the German GP :thumb
Hungary could prove to be another track that suits Ferrari so it could be possible we will see another 1-2 finish. Qualy will also be important because overtaking is a bit difficult on this track.

According to the BBC weather forecast, some rain showers are expected on Friday and Saturday, but not on Sunday :-)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/5004

Here`s hoping for a good weekend :thumb

Rishu
30th July 2010, 06:06
Qualy will also be important because overtaking is a bit difficult on this track.

Hopefully we dont have to hear Seb & Rocky yell on the microphone:-)

Brakefade
30th July 2010, 06:37
Oh that reminds me. In the controversy over team orders I forgot, but anyways, this is for you Seb Vettel.

YES BABY!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!! YES!!!!!! Thank you Alonso! Thank you Felipe! Fantastic! Fantastic!

That was for the Germany win. ;-)

vcs316
30th July 2010, 06:50
Weekend Forecast

A band of heavy rain will move into western parts of Hungary in the next few hours, and is expected to provide the circuit with a damp period overnight as the outer edges of the band clips Budapest and outlying areas.

Many forecasts predict the showers and drizzle to continue on Friday morning. There may be some light sprinkles in the morning, possibly between dawn and the start of the first practice session, but on the whole we expect it to stay dry - albeit heavily overcast - as the north easterly flow gradually takes the threat of rain away to the north. Temperatures will start off on the cool side, with a maximum of just 23 degrees Celsius.

Saturday is likely to provide incident aplenty, as a second band of rain - this time with a much more easterly flow - comes in from the south west of Hungary.

Showers and prolonged moderate rainfall is expected to arrive over the circuit by nightfall on Friday and will be very slow to clear. Latest estimates have the rain threat clearing while the final practice session is taking place.

Throughout the rest of the morning and into the afternoon conditions should improve somewhat. A top temperature of 25 degrees is anticipated.

Final practice should see the last of any rain during the weekend. The improvement will continue during Saturday night, leading to a dry, fine and mainly sunny race day as the low pressure and associated rain bands are driven away by a rise in pressure and much more stable conditions. Temperatures will rise for the second day in a row, as the gauge climbs to 28 Celsius.

Mitra
30th July 2010, 07:20
yay race weekend :clap
living this one up because i dont know how i am going to handle the mid season break

m schumy
30th July 2010, 07:23
yay race weekend :clap
living this one up because i dont know how i am going to handle the mid season break

I don`t like that break either :-s

m schumy
30th July 2010, 07:29
Lewis should quit F1 and become a musician ;-) :-D :lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8815454.stm

Stormsearcher
30th July 2010, 07:34
Weather forecast seems to show rain for FP1 and 2. Hmm.... i hope we do well. Good luck to our lads. :-)

JRX164
30th July 2010, 07:47
Perhaps even more than a 1 - 2 victory on Sunday, I would love to see Ferrari qualify 1st and 2nd. Of course also to win the race, but let's break the Red Bull ban on Saturday first:-)

vcs316
30th July 2010, 07:48
Hoping for a good haul of points this weekend too before we head into the summer break.

Forza Ferrari!

m schumy
30th July 2010, 07:58
BBC Sport's Sarah Holt in Budapest: "Hello again. I hardly had time to get my dark and white washes done after Germany before arriving in Hungary three short days later for the Hungarian Grand Prix. There are more pressing hangovers from Hockenheim and the paddock has been abuzz with the rights and wrongs of team orders. Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa have had to face the music after switching positions in Germany, allowing Alonso to win. Full credit to Massa, who was plunged into the media conference and kept his chin up while facing the barrage of questions. Alonso spoke later at the Ferrari motorhome and batted away any searching questions while saying there is no number one driver at the team. Any frustrations can be worked out on the track during first practice and there were plenty of fans queuing for 'jegys' - the Hungarian for tickets - this morning."

Ste
30th July 2010, 08:00
Felipe's tyre marks from 2009 are still there! :-E

Mitra
30th July 2010, 08:02
any one have a BBC stream
cant find one yet

m schumy
30th July 2010, 08:03
any one have a BBC stream
cant find one yet

I`m waiting for a link to work

Mitra
30th July 2010, 08:04
I`m waiting for a link to work

http://www.firstrow.net/watch/22667/1/watch-formula-1-hungary-grand-prix-[practice-1].html
this is working for me, but it isnt in english

johncnet
30th July 2010, 08:04
yeah anyone got live streaming

m schumy
30th July 2010, 08:07
Live streaming:http://www.justin.tv/sportalia101

Stormsearcher
eplsite is not working for me today. :-(

Does anyone have other links where we can watch FP?

m schumy
http://www.firstrow.net/watch/22667/1/watch-formula-1-hungary-grand-prix-[practice-1].html
this is working for me, but it isnt in english

Thanks, found one too, but not in English either :-s

m schumy
30th July 2010, 08:09
Another link that works: http://eplsite.com/stream2.html

johncnet
30th July 2010, 08:10
still no time yet from our guys

m schumy
30th July 2010, 08:10
InsideFerrari

The weather is fine, sky just partially cloudy

johncnet
30th July 2010, 08:11
hopefully massa & alonso faster of all here. finger cross

Julie B
30th July 2010, 08:12
Cany anyone here a commentary from 5 Live ??

m schumy
InsideFerrari

Main goal of this morning will be an evaluation of different front wings and solutions for the coming races

Stormsearcher
steam 2 on eplsite started working. :-)

seems dry. bit cloudy. Our guys have put in their formation laps.. No timed runs as yet.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 08:13
0907: BBC weatherman Ian Fergusson is forecasting showers for Saturday in Budapest, which means there could be a bit of rain to contend with for qualifying. But for the moment it's glorious early-morning sunshine as all the drivers bar Lewis Hamilton and Heikki Kovalainen are on the track. Oh dear, there's smoke coming out of the back of Kovalainen's Lotus. Not good.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 08:15
InsideFerrari

Air temperature is 21 C, track 26 C

Ste
30th July 2010, 08:15
Cany anyone here a commentary from 5 Live ??

301 commentary is working for me. :-)

johncnet
30th July 2010, 08:16
come on alonso my money is on you

m schumy
30th July 2010, 08:16
InsideFerrari

Felipe just went out of a double intstallation lap

Julie B
30th July 2010, 08:17
Viewing through internet - now the BBC link takes you to the highlights of the German GP ?? What's going on :lol

johncnet
30th July 2010, 08:21
massa slow down, sutil fly

zeus2
30th July 2010, 08:24
InsideFerrari

Main goal of this morning will be an evaluation of different front wings and solutions for the coming races

So we're having a testing session for future parts I see, in that case I guess fp1 times may not be too relevant atleast for Hungary.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 08:27
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner: "This morning we are a little bit limited because we only have one set of the hard tyres and you have to be a bit careful with as the circuit is bit dusty and we have to wait for some cars to clean it up. Then when a few cars have been out, we'll be looking into different ride heights, make sure the car's not bottoming, dial the drivers into the circuit, and then this afternoon we will be doing some set-up comparisons."

Hispania driver Karun Chandhok on the Ferrari team orders controversy: "They've got a long way to catch up and realistically Fernando is their best chance of the championship."

Ste
30th July 2010, 08:29
Ted:

Fixed whatever problem there was on the left rear of Schumachers car. Ross said "it's all fine now". They might have taped up some brake ducts or suspension.

They're reverting to the old floor, the Silverstone floor, but they will be trying out their new rear wing again here because it provides better downforce.

johncnet
30th July 2010, 08:29
hopefully all our new part is working perfectly

m schumy
30th July 2010, 08:31
0929: Contrary to previous suggestions, Mercedes are running the Hockenheim-spec new rear wing - on Nico Rosberg's car at least. They're running slowly, trying to gather early aerodynamic information. It's also worth remembering that this race will be a year and a week on from Felipe Massa's horrific accident during qualifying for last season's Hungarian Grand Prix . Although the headlines have focussed on last week's events in Hockenheim, the Brazilian is keen to thank all the marshals and medical staff who looked after him following the crash.

Well done Felipe :thumb

Lithium
30th July 2010, 08:33
hopefully all our new part is working perfectly
Are we bringing any new parts? I though we were simply comparing the old ones, to make sure which ones are working best

Hermann
30th July 2010, 08:33
At least we gave the commentators something to speak about. Seems to be the only interesting thing for them in all languages.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 08:35
InsideFerrari

The programme will go on with Felipe testing the car without the blown rear wing

Ste
30th July 2010, 08:35
Are we bringing any new parts? I though we were simply comparing the old ones, to make sure which ones are working best

They said they're testing parts for the coming races - not necessarily this weekend. I doubt the times will be representative for us in FP1.

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 08:36
That Red bull is sounding strange

Ant Raikkonen
30th July 2010, 08:38
Viewing through internet - now the BBC link takes you to the highlights of the German GP ?? What's going on :lol

Yeah, i've just re-watched the start of that race about 10 times over as i still can't get enough of Massa's great start & Vettel being in that Ferrari sandwich :clap

johncnet
30th July 2010, 08:39
vettel and webber trading the time at the moment, our boys still at the garage figure out the best setup for the car.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 08:39
BBC Sport's Sarah Holt in Budapest: "With or without team orders, Felipe Massa was always going to be the centre of attention on his return to Hungary, where last year he survived a life-threatening crash when he was hit on the helmet by a loose spring from Ruben Barrichello's car. Massa said he wouldn't even give the crash a second thought when he goes back on track. Barrichello - his pal and fellow Sao Paulo resident - says: 'I promise you he's really like that. I don't think he will fear anything.' In fact, Barrichello revealed Massa already showed a sense of humour about the episode in a recent poker game. 'Massa put the helmet from the accident on the table and it destroyed my night,' Barrichello said. 'It completely destroyed my night, I started losing money with the poker and he had fun with it. I think he's going to drive flat out.'"

johncnet
30th July 2010, 08:40
Yeah, i've just re-watched the start of that race about 10 times over as i still can't get enough of Massa's great start & Vettel being in that Ferrari sandwich :clap

where you can re-watch the start of germany gp.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 08:41

For me the start was the best part of the race :-)

Ste
30th July 2010, 08:47
:lol That Red Bull front wing end-fence is literally grounding out. Mental!

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 08:50
BBC Sport's Sarah Holt in Budapest: "With or without team orders, Felipe Massa was always going to be the centre of attention on his return to Hungary, where last year he survived a life-threatening crash when he was hit on the helmet by a loose spring from Ruben Barrichello's car. Massa said he wouldn't even give the crash a second thought when he goes back on track. Barrichello - his pal and fellow Sao Paulo resident - says: 'I promise you he's really like that. I don't think he will fear anything.' In fact, Barrichello revealed Massa already showed a sense of humour about the episode in a recent poker game. 'Massa put the helmet from the accident on the table and it destroyed my night,' Barrichello said. 'It completely destroyed my night, I started losing money with the poker and he had fun with it. I think he's going to drive flat out.'"

:-E enough to give any the heebeegeebees

zeus2
30th July 2010, 08:51
Ferrari's twitter page is taking some flak, I guess some people are still mad about not being able to do a damn thing about our pace last race :lol. Back on topic Felipe is testing the car without f-duct, so i guess there is some doubt whether its useful on this track or not.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 08:54
InsideFerrari

Felipe did as well a practice start. His best time so far is 1.23.252, currently 10th. Vettel is the quickest in 1.21.275

johncnet
30th July 2010, 08:56
why alonso still cannot match any of red bull time at the moment, maybe he testing other thing.

Tech_Skill
30th July 2010, 08:57
I dont know anything about f1 technically, but how is the red bull wing legal, its moving downwards under speed, is this not flexing?

Raz
30th July 2010, 08:57
OMG! that flexing on the Red cheating bulls!

Ste
30th July 2010, 08:58
OMG! that flexing on the Red cheating bulls!

Well ours does that as well apparently, so......

Although, looking at the replays they just showed, clearly not. No idea why we were ever investigated to be honest.

Raz
30th July 2010, 09:01

Although, looking at the replays they just showed, clearly not. No idea why we were ever investigated to be honest.

Did u just see the front wing analysis? the bulls were more closer to the tarmac than Ferrari

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 09:02

Because were Ferrari :lol

Tifosi
30th July 2010, 09:02
That RB front wing is like a yo-yo!

Greig
30th July 2010, 09:04

Yeah well maybe we are testing a different wing as suggested ;-)

johncnet
30th July 2010, 09:04
what happen to our car seem to be not working perfectly

Greig
30th July 2010, 09:05

we are testing new parts for other races, as already said in the thread.

Tech_Skill
Ahhhh its been explained, thats ingenious by red bull, when the fia test flexing they put 50kg weights on the wing, if the wing doesnt flex its legal.

So red bulls wing doesnt flex under 50kg pressure, but when they drive at speed the downforce created is equal to about 200kg pressure, and that makes the wings flex.

So in terms of the spirit of the rules, they are illegal it seems, but because the FIA tests are limited and based on wether the wings flex when 50kg pressure is put on them, red bull wings are technically legal.

Thats how i understood it, is that right?

m schumy
Bridgestone's Andy Stobart: "Not a lot of activity takes place at the Hungaroring. Motorsport in the country is such that the track isn't used much, so it's pretty green and pretty dirty and dusty. We've brought super-soft tyres, which should give a good lap, and medium tyres, which have a bit less grip. They should be a good combination for the race. I know Felipe Massa likes it."

LAROSA SpA

I think we are testing new components

Greig
30th July 2010, 09:07
Ahhhh its been explained, that ingenious by red bull, when the fia put 50kg weights on the wing, if the wing doesnt flex its legal.

So red bulls wing doesnt flex under 50kg pressure, but when they drive at speed the downforce created is equal to about 200kg pressure, and that makes the wings flex.

So in terms of the spirit of the rules, they are illegal it seems, but because the FIA tests are limited and based on wether the wings flex when 50kg pressure is put on them, red bull wings are technically legal.

Much like our flexing floor, but the FIA changed the test to make it illegal, I await similar changes to outlaw the RB wing :-)

Ste
30th July 2010, 09:07
Yeah well maybe we are testing a different wing as suggested ;-)

I think that's the case yea. This one didn't flex at all. Just read an article on Autosport with Dyer saying we might not use the new front wing as we did in Silverstone and Hockenheim because we have other small updates and it may not work with them.

Sure we will test it at some point though.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 09:08
BBC commentator Jonathan Legard: "Jaime Alguersuari made his Formula 1 debut here at the Hungaroring a year ago when he was thrown into the deep end as a replacement for Sebastien Bourdais at Toro Rosso. Because it's now a familiar track, it's one less problem for him to have to think about at the start of a race weekend. He says he can concentrate more on the balance of his car and his performance. I didn't know until this weekend that he was a keen golfer - he suddenly said Formula 1 can be like golf, one moment you think you've got it with what feels like the perfect shot and the next hole it all goes wrong and you feel like you're starting again. Toro Rosso have their first major aerodynamic update of the season here and both Alguersuari and team-mate Sebastien Buemi are aiming to be on the fringes of getting into the final session of qualifying."

johncnet
30th July 2010, 09:09
we are testing new parts for other races, as already said in the thread.

i'm glad you may say that, hopefully everything is just fine.

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 09:10
Ahhhh its been explained, thats ingenious by red bull, when the fia test flexing they put 50kg weights on the wing, if the wing doesnt flex its legal.

Thats how the FIA conduct their tests (but im not sure on the weights) .
So the down force applied to the wing at speed would exceed that during the FIA test, which in turn allows the wing to flex downward & twist becoming more "flat" & therefore reducing drag.

Ste
30th July 2010, 09:12
Who wrote in with that question?

"If you took a Red Bull front wing and put it on the McLaren would it automatically be quicker?"

:lol

m schumy
InsideFerrari

Felipe completed his second run. He improved up to 1.23.007 and he is currently 10th his best time

Fiondella
From Mark Wilson, text 81111: "The team orders thing is a lot of fuss about nothing. Team orders are part of F1. What annoyed me at the last race was the total over reaction of various commentators including on the usually so good BBC. Team orders are here to stay, get over it!"
:-)

Greig
I think that's the case yea. This one didn't flex at all. Just read an article on Autosport with Dyer saying we might not use the new front wing as we did in Silverstone and Hockenheim because we have other small updates and it may not work with them.

Sure we will test it at some point though.

Maybe we know it's about to be banned :-D

m schumy
30th July 2010, 09:13
InsideFerrari

Fernando improved fractionally his best time which is now 1.22.812, currently the 8th quickest

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 09:13
Who wrote in with that question?

"If you took a Red Bull front wing and put it on the McLaren would it automatically be quicker?"

Is this on the BBC ?

What a tool :lol

m schumy
30th July 2010, 09:14
InsideFerrari

Both drivers have completed another practice start at the end of the pit lane

Tech_Skill
Thats how the FIA conduct their tests (but im not sure on the weights) .
So the down force applied to the wing at speed would exceed that during the FIA test, which in turn allows the wing to flex downward & twist becoming more "flat" & therefore reducing drag.

Yeah, im not sure if got the weights right either, i thought thats what davidson said, but i could have been wrong. :lol

Ste
Is this on the BBC ?

What a tool :lol

Yea, somebody wrote into them! :lol

m schumy
30th July 2010, 09:16
1015: On the final lap of his stint Renault's Vitaly Petrov loses his car going into the final corner, and then reverses on to the racing line in order to give himself room to get going again. Not the most impressive driving of the morning.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 09:18
BBC Sport's Sarah Holt in Budapest: "Force India are the latest team to add the exhaust blown diffuser, which increases downforce, to the rear of the car. Adrian Sutil is running with it in first practice while Paul di Resta goes without in the other car so the team can compare data. Sutil says: 'We expect a few tenths out of it. We know it can make a very big difference if you use it properly but it's the early stages of development.' In Germany, the team mistakenly fitted a tyre belonging to Tonio Liuzzi's car to Sutil's and vice-versa which is not allowed under the rules. Sutil says: 'We had a little mess in this race. Sometimes I make mistakes and sometimes my team does.' It's only the second race this season, however, that both Force Indias have failed to finish in the points.'"

Ste
30th July 2010, 09:19
Holly Samos

Ferrari are changing the setup a bit on Felipe's car

stutter stutter

Really difficult to set up the car stutter stutter since the introduction of the blown diffuser.

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 09:19
Wow Kobayashi drift baby

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 09:21
Yeah, im not sure if got the weights right either, i thought thats what davidson said, but i could have been wrong. :lol

Article 3.17.1 Bodywork may deflect no more than 10mm vertically when a 500N load is applied vertically to it 800mm forward of the front wheel centre line and 795mm from the car centre line. The load will be applied in a downward direction using a 50mm diameter ram and an adapter 300mm long and 150mm wide. Teams must supply the latter when such a test is deemed necessary.

Yeah 500N is approximately 50 kg force

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 09:22
Yea, somebody wrote into them! :lol

Shows the McLaren fan-boys depth of knowledge :roll :lol

m schumy
30th July 2010, 09:26
InsideFerrari

Felipe is out for his third and final run, Fernando will do the same now

m schumy
30th July 2010, 09:28
InsideFerrari

A lot of traffic now

m schumy
30th July 2010, 09:29
1025: BBC weatherman Ian Fergusson says it is currently raining in Siofok, southwest of Budapest, so there is a distinct possibility of showers later on in the second practice session. The clouds are low but not grey enough to threatening a track drenching...

Ste
30th July 2010, 09:29
Good to see Lewis driving his heart out. 6.5s off the pace every lap, not bad, at least he's trying. Awesome. :-)

Ste
30th July 2010, 09:31
Bulls are quick then! :-D

We've not done any low fuel running yet, so not to worry.

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 09:33
Bulls are quick then! :-D

We've not done any low fuel running yet, so not to worry.

cool. Scuse my ignorance but how do you know?

Agron
30th July 2010, 09:34
Good to see Lewis driving his heart out. 6.5s off the pace every lap, not bad, at least he's trying. Awesome. :-)Let's hope they mantain that form in qualifying and race, it will provide some interesting fights between Lotus, HRT, Virgin and McLaren

m schumy
30th July 2010, 09:36
BBC Sport's Sarah Holt in Budapest: "Force India are the latest team to add the exhaust blown diffuser, which increases downforce, to the rear of the car. Adrian Sutil is running with it in first practice while Paul di Resta goes without in the other car so the team can compare data. Sutil says: 'We expect a few tenths out of it. We know it can make a very big difference if you use it properly but it's the early stages of development.' In Germany, the team mistakenly fitted a tyre belonging to Tonio Liuzzi's car to Sutil's and vice-versa which is not allowed under the rules. Sutil says: 'We had a little mess in this race. Sometimes I make mistakes and sometimes my team does.' It's only the second race this season, however, that both Force Indias have failed to finish in the points.'"

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 09:36
Let's hope they mantain that form in qualifying and race, it will provide some interesting fights between Lotus, HRT, Virgin and McLaren

Keeping up with the safety car :lol

m schumy
30th July 2010, 09:38
Free Practice 1 Results

http://www.freeuploadimages.org/images/nsvx2d6qxybg78x72.jpg (http://www.freeuploadimages.org/)

m schumy
30th July 2010, 09:39
InsideFerrari

Session finished with ALonso improving up to 1.22.772 while Felipe did not improve his lap time. Vettel is the quickest in 1.20.976

m schumy
30th July 2010, 09:40
InsideFerrari

Fernando is 7th Felipe 12th

m schumy
30th July 2010, 09:40
Vettel cannot improve on his best time but the Red Bulls are once again the cars to beat - Robert Kubica's Renault is almost a second behind Mark Webber's RB6. Ominous - and that front wing is going to stir all sorts of conversations during the break.

Ste
30th July 2010, 09:43
cool. Scuse my ignorance but how do you know?

Because we're 1.7s off the pace. :-)

zeus2
30th July 2010, 09:43
Massa seems to be struggling a bit, almost lost it at the last turn once. I wonder how the new parts worked out.

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 09:44
Vettel cannot improve on his best time but the Red Bulls are once again the cars to beat - Robert Kubica's Renault is almost a second behind Mark Webber's RB6. Ominous - and that front wing is going to stir all sorts of conversations during the break.

Ominous short word compared magnanimous. I prefer tumultuous. As in the manner of another ferrari 1 2 at the ring

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 09:45
Because we're 1.7s off the pace. :-)

I like your optimism :-)

shostak
30th July 2010, 09:47
http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gallery/pictures/2010/f1/gp-hungary-29jul/178wri.jpg

Welcome to Ferrari Mr. Fry. :thumb

zeus2
30th July 2010, 09:48
Apparently the chances of rain are increasing for the afternoon session. Maybe RBR have taken this into account and decided to do their quali setup in the morning. Just hope we don't get caught out again by rain.

Ant Raikkonen
30th July 2010, 09:49
http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gallery/pictures/2010/f1/gp-hungary-29jul/178wri.jpg

:thumb Ahhhh Hi Mr Fry! :wave

Ste
30th July 2010, 09:51
It seems Ferrari have styled him up a bit, compared to in his McLieren days:

http://www.grandprix.com/jpeg/people/patfry-rg.jpg

:-D

shostak
30th July 2010, 09:52
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/1673/001smallj.jpg

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/6972/002small.jpg

Ste
30th July 2010, 09:52
I like your optimism :-)

Alonso matched the Red Bulls on his final lap in S1, so I don't think we're off the pace. Their grip through S2 does look pretty mega though. Still, there is no way we are 1.7s behind the Red Bulls. Couple of tenths at the most. :-)

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 09:54
It seems Ferrari have styled him up a bit, compared to in his McLaren days:

I hope he's brought back our Instruction Manual

zeus2
30th July 2010, 09:56

Maybe I'm being paranoid here but his name does rhyme with spy :lol. Jokes aside, hope he brings something good to ferrari.

Stormsearcher
30th July 2010, 09:57
Maybe we know it's about to be banned :-D

So are we racing with the flexi-wing or the new wing for the race? Any ideas.
Its gotten me worried now. What if our new wing isnt as good as the RB flexi-wing... and what would prompt the FIA to deem it illegal when they have already give it the all clear?

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 09:57
Alonso matched the Red Bulls on his final lap in S1, so I don't think we're off the pace. Their grip through S2 does look pretty mega though. Still, there is no way we are 1.7s behind the Red Bulls. Couple of tenths at the most. :-)

I saw that and that concerned me a little because S2 was rubbish and so my line of thought is that matching S1 and then bad in S2 = similar fuel load and not so good setup

zeus2
30th July 2010, 10:00
I saw that and that concerned me a little because S2 was rubbish and so my line of thought is that matching S1 and then bad in S2 = similar fuel load and not so good setup

OR high fuel load but friggin awesome in sector one ;-)

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 10:02
OR high fuel load but friggin awesome in sector one ;-)

That't be it then :-)

Sempre_Ferrari
30th July 2010, 10:09
I hope he's brought back our Instruction Manual

:haha:

Hornet
30th July 2010, 10:41
Much like our flexing floor, but the FIA changed the test to make it illegal, I await similar changes to outlaw the RB wing :-)

Indeed. I hope the FIA would quickly act on this...

Ant Raikkonen
30th July 2010, 10:58
It seems Ferrari have styled him up a bit, compared to in his McLieren days:

I used to wear glasses like that until i got rimless ones.
Also i know someone who's just come back out from prison again with a pair like those Pat's wearing.

vcs316
30th July 2010, 11:54
Force India has been fined 5,000 Euros for using a set of tyres on Paul di Resta's car in first practice that were not supposed to be used before Saturday.

Stewards found that the team had been in breach of Article 25.4 of Formula 1's sporting regulations when it used a set of prime tyres from Saturday morning's allocation.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:03
From Sarah Holt on Twitter: Gloomy, grey skies the other. "

BBC weatherman Ian Fergusson: "It was raining a short while ago across in western districts of Budapest, but I expect it to stay dry or largely so during P2. Another next frontal wave now running up out of Zagreb area (Croatia) into SW Hungary is turning very lively and producing some readily thundery embedded cells with prodigious lightning. It'll track NNE into Budapest later for this evening - probably then turning very wet by tonight - the circuit almost certain to be returned to 'green' conditions in the process. Meantime, as the current 'old' wave of rain draped out just west of Budapest (the reason for the clouds) is dying quickly now, so the circuit should escape dry for all or most of P2, bar a few spots of rain maybe later."

BBC Sport's Sarah Holt in Budapest: "McLaren were confident they could close the gap to Red Bull and Ferrari on Hungary's high downforce track but first practice told a varied story. Button was fourth fastest - 1.6 seconds off Sebastian Vettel's top time - while Hamilton was three seconds off the pace in 18th. The team say they were running a different programme of evaluation than their normal Friday routine and that those P1 times are not necessarily reflective of both drivers' true form. Button came back to McLaren HQ after P1 and said he was happy with the car while Hamilton said he wasn't so happy with the balance, especially on his low-fuel run. Hamilton also had an issue with his front suspension (changing the torsion bar, for technical types) but it shouldn't cause any real problems."

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:04
InsideFerrari

Everything is ready for the second free practice session

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:05
InsideFerrari

Both cars will be start running without the blown rear wing

Stormsearcher
30th July 2010, 12:06
Indeed. I hope the FIA would quickly act on this...

If FIA rule on the RB wing.. we stand to lose too. I rather they let it be and we race our flexi wing. :-)

chris.gotfunk
30th July 2010, 12:07
Anybody have a non BBC link that speaks English? I had one for the Germany FP sessions, but I can't find it anymore.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:09
InsideFerrari

Fernando is going out on hard tyres for his first run

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 12:09
anybody have an English link (don't mind BBC ;-)) ?

Mitra
30th July 2010, 12:10
http://www.firstrow.net/watch/22668/1/watch-formula-1-hungary-grand-prix-[practice-2].html
still looking for an english one

FFFerrari
30th July 2010, 12:12
Doesn't look good, RBs are way ahead everyone else in S2 that matters the most on lap time. With a track where passing is almost impossible we really need to pick up the pace in FP2 and FP3. Of course it might be that Vettel once again fails in start :-D

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:13
http://www.firstrow.net/watch/22668/1/watch-formula-1-hungary-grand-prix-[practice-2].html
still looking for an english one

FerrariF60
30th July 2010, 12:13
Alonso P1

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 12:14
This one also works (not English) http://eplsite.com/stream1.html

Tech_Skill
Is it me or are the non red bull cars a bit unstable accelerating out of the slower corners, im seeing the cars moving around and this morning i thought i saw hamilton hacksawing the wheel trying to keep it under control, the final corner onto the straight is an example.

Or have i got it wrong?

m schumy
InsideFerrari

Fernando is going out on hard tyres for his first run

Felipe is out now, on hard tyres as well

Mitra
30th July 2010, 12:15

note, eplsite will be down on the 1st August for maintanence

m schumy
5 live analyst Anthony Davidson on Glock's slide: "It's a very tricky corner, if you've got a bit of instability on the rear it can really catch you out. But then against he's got the headwind and that should be helping out."

1311: Timo Glock's Virgin looks like he has locked his rear wheels as he slides across the penultimate turn, but the German manages to stay cool and keep control of his car. "Traffic is a nightmare," laments Jenson Button over the team radio.

m schumy
note, eplsite will be down on the 1st August for maintanence

Thanks for the info :thumb

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:16
1314: Ferrari's Fernando Alonso sets an early marker with a lap of 1:21.826, moving him up to third behind the two Red Bulls.

Nathan
30th July 2010, 12:17
Alonso fastest lap

dfunk257
30th July 2010, 12:17
1314: Ferrari's Fernando Alonso sets an early marker with a lap of 1:21.826, moving him up to third behind the two Red Bulls.

3rd overall u mean?

Nathan
30th July 2010, 12:18
Alonso fastest lap...again:roll

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:19
3rd overall u mean?

3rd so far in the second practice

Tech_Skill
30th July 2010, 12:20
No way can i see anyone but red bull on pole, just saw webber through the problem corners, car looked more stable to me, he didnt have to correct it as much, looked like he was able to get on the power earlier into the final corner, that car is hooked up.

Sempre_Ferrari
30th July 2010, 12:24
never say never ;-)

dfunk257
30th July 2010, 12:24
3rd so far in the second practice

yeah sorry my stream is abit slow lol

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:25
InsideFerrari

Felipe is 3rd with 1.21.431. In front are as expected the Red Bulls: Webber in 1.20.881, Vettel in 1.21.324 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Fernando is completing his first run with a pass through the pits and a practice start. His best time so far is 1.21.504, currently 4th

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:26
yeah sorry my stream is abit slow lol

No problem :-)

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 12:27
on my stream the guy who is hosting is playing around with the aspect ratios :lol

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:32
BBC Sport's Sarah Holt in Budapest: "Hello again. A pleasant lunch time in Hungary even though the breeze has picked up and clouds are ominously fringing the undulating circuit. Heads were no doubt being scratched at Force India. After putting the tyres on the wrong cars last week in Germany, Paul di Resta ran in first practice with a set of hard tyres which are allocated for sole use during Saturday's sessions and the race. For every one else, the tyres will in theory gve more grip as the dirty track 'rubbers in' - as if the Red Bulls' pace in first practice wasn't ominous enough for their rivals. A paddock murmur also revealed the friendly Toro Rosso boss Franz Tost is nicknamed French Toast. Any other edible F1 names out there?"

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:32
on my stream the guy who is hosting is playing around with the aspect ratios :lol

He must be bored ;-)

dfunk257
30th July 2010, 12:33
Sorry 2 offend the Massa supporters, but i always judge our pace on what Felipe does. My view is that if he is quick, then our car is competitive.

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 12:34
He must be bored ;-)

Although now it's in widescreen so i can see the positions

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:34
InsideFerrari

The sky is cloudy, air temperature is 24 C, track 26 C

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:35
InsideFerrari

Felipe just went out with the same set of hard tyres on his car

Tech_Skill
30th July 2010, 12:36
Sorry 2 offend the Massa supporters, but i always judge our pace on what Felipe does. My view is that if he is quick, then our car is competitive.

Sempre_Ferrari
30th July 2010, 12:36
looks like macca still struggling :thumb

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:39
looks like macca still struggling :thumb

Good news :thumb

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 12:43
but the RB do look fast

Ste
30th July 2010, 12:43
Yea, the Red Bulls definitely look very quick at this stage. They've probably got half a second in the bag over us at the moment. Still, don't know what fuel everyone is running.

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 12:44
We won't really know till Quali3

WS6TransAm01
30th July 2010, 12:45
Just able to fallow live timing on my iPhone4...

Im glad to see us faster than the rest, but crap... RB is .7second faster than us.

Would really like to know fuel loads.

EDIT: Just as I said that Alonso goes 1:21.012 and we are .4 slower... but still

Nando
This one also works (not English) http://eplsite.com/stream1.html

stream 3 is English guys :clap

Ste
Tenth in S1, Tenth in S2, 2 tenths in S3.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:46
InsideFerrari

Felipe completed his 2nd run. He set a similar lap time and he is 4th quickest

LAROSA SpA

m schumy

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:48
InsideFerrari

Fernando completed his run. He improved his lap time up o 1.21.012, currently 3rd. Red Bulls are still firmly ahead

Ste
30th July 2010, 12:49
Ok, let's put it this way then...

Petrov is in P4, 1 tenth behind Alonso, 2 tenths ahead of Massa and 6 tenths behind the Red Bulls.

Therefore, we definitely have more pace than we are showing at the moment. Although, Red Bull probably do too.

[edit] Petrov may have been on options.

Sempre_Ferrari
30th July 2010, 12:49
Petrov :-E

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 12:50
Ok, let's put it this way then...

Petrov is in P4, 1 tenth behind Alonso, 2 tenths ahead of Massa and 6 tenths behind the Red Bulls.

Therefore, we definitely have more pace than we are showing at the moment. Although, Red Bull probably do too.

[edit] Petrov may have been on options.

I think he was running the softer tires, not sure though

Ste
30th July 2010, 12:52
Whoa, listen to that Toro Rosso skimming all along the pit straight! :-E

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:53
InsideFerrari

Set up changes on both cars 1 minute ago

Sempre_Ferrari
30th July 2010, 12:54
Whoa, listen to that Toro Rosso skimming all along the pit straight! :-E

48 min: Petrov is now up to fourth quickest after finding even more time on his super-soft tyres.

confirmed :-)

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 12:55
If Ham can't improve his lap time on those softs tyres :-D

m schumy
30th July 2010, 12:55
BBC Sport's Sarah Holt in Budapest: "On the undercard to Lewis Hamilton's win here last season, Nico Hulkenberg claimed victory in the GP2 race. Now he's driving in F1 for Williams, Hulkenberg is hoping his experience round the Hungaroring can propel him to a solid top-10 finish on Sunday. But the German reckons Sauber's Kamui Kobayashi is the best rookie in 2010 because his season has not quite gone according to plan. 'We would have expected a bit more from our car in speed,' says Hulkenberg. 'I was hoping to have more than two points by race 12 but you have to be realistic. It's positive to see that we're able to climb out of the lower midfield and be able to battle for points.' As for his future, Hulkenberg adds: 'I have a two-year contract but there are always options. You'd have to ask Sir Frank.'"

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 12:56
Hamster on supersoft went just under in S1 but then lost 7/10 overall. Looks like he's driving a vauxhall viva :-)

Mitra
30th July 2010, 12:57
can Karun commentate every weekend?

Fiondella
....or a vauxhall magnum :-D anyone remember those?

LAROSA SpA
Massa on the softs, should be interesting

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 12:59
He's binned it

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 13:00
Well at least it was interesting :-P

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 13:01
Webber hasn't improved much on his time on super soft

FerrariF60
30th July 2010, 13:02
SO it looks like we're still lacking a bit of downforce on S2, where the bulls seem to be dominating/doing quite well.
hopefully by Spa when we're introducing a big upgrade which consists of a new transmission case we'll be able to GAIN some more downforce out of the blown diffuser and catch the BULLS once in for all...

Ste
30th July 2010, 13:03
Vettel does a 20 flat on the option tyres. Pretty mega. That puts us 6 tenths behind, although we've not had a clean lap on the options yet I don't think.

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 13:03
vettel found 5/10 :-( on supersoft

Ste
30th July 2010, 13:04
We still don't know the fuel levels, so hopefully we're running a fraction heavier. :-)

Ste
30th July 2010, 13:06
Alonso into P2, just under 5 tenths behind Vettel. Although Vettel is another 2 tenths up in S2.

Crazy.

Didn't improve but had traffic. Vettel can do a 1.19.7 in my opinion ,so we're 8 tenths back at the moment relative to that time.

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 13:06
Vttel was up another 2/10 in S2 then Koby got in his way

Fiondella
30th July 2010, 13:07
Alonso into P2, just under 5 tenths behind Vettel. Although Vettel is another 2 tenths up in S2.

Crazy.

Didn't improve but had traffic. Vettel can do a 1.19.7 in my opinion ,so we're 8 tenths back at the moment relative to that time. Yep

m schumy
30th July 2010, 13:08
InsideFerrari

Felipe finished his run on soft tyres and his best time is 1.20.986, currently 4th

Fernando completed it as well. His best lap time is 1.20.584, currently 2nd

Tech_Skill
30th July 2010, 13:11
no more running for ferrari today?

Ste
30th July 2010, 13:13
no more running for ferrari today?

Course there will be. 16 minutes left still.

Webber back out on options.

Stormsearcher
30th July 2010, 13:13
Does anybody know what configuration we are running in FP2? Wings, blown diffuser etc.,...

Ste
30th July 2010, 13:15
Does anybody know what configuration we are running in FP2? Wings, blown diffuser etc.,...

Pretty sure we're still running the older front wing - the non flexi one. Definitely running the blown diffuser. :-)

m schumy
30th July 2010, 13:16
InsideFerrari

Vettel is half a second quicker than anyone else

Tech_Skill
30th July 2010, 13:17
Ste, any idea why we are trying the old wing, does it work better with this package than the flexi one or summin?

m schumy
30th July 2010, 13:17
1414: Alonso clocked 1:20.584 with his best lap time. Meanwhile, we're on board with Nico Rosberg and the German is really fighting with the car with 5 live experts Anthony Davidson and Karun Chandhok suggesting the Mercedes is carrying a large fuel load.

BBC 5 live pit-lane reporter Holly Samos: "The floor is going back on Adrian Sutil's car. It was an electrical powerbox problem, but he should be able to go out again."

tifoso SF
30th July 2010, 13:18
Pretty sure we're still running the older front wing - the non flexi one. Definitely running the blown diffuser. :-)

sorry for my ignorance, but for what reason wouldn't we run the new front wing? isn't it legal after all?

m schumy
InsideFerrari

Felipe has just gone out again on soft tyres

m schumy
1417: The early advantage of the soft tyres is wearing off as none of the drivers can build up sufficient momentum to give Vettel a decent run for his money. Both McLarens are out of the pits, along with Vettel and Robert Kubica.

Ste
30th July 2010, 13:20
sorry for my ignorance, but for what reason wouldn't we run the new front wing? isn't it legal after all?

We've adapted the diffuser slightly and also had a few updates elsewhere - small adjustments. The front wing is obviously vital to where the air is directed, and they think the old front wing might work better with the changes they've made. They said they'd be testing both the old and new wings - i don't think I've seen the new one however.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 13:22
1419: Pit-lane reporter Holly Samos has been down to the McLaren garage to ask why they are so far off the pace of the Red Bulls. "No issues, we're all fine" is the response. When it was pointed out that the Red Bulls seemed very fast, the response was: "They are."

tifoso SF
30th July 2010, 13:22
thanks mate :thumb

m schumy
30th July 2010, 13:23
InsideFerrari

Felipe has just gone out again on soft tyres

Fernando is out as well for the final run, on used soft tyres

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 13:24
Massa drifting :-D

Ste
30th July 2010, 13:24
IF we're on the same fuel as the McLaren's, we are lapping about 1.2s per lap quicker.

2s quicker than Hamilton, at least.

Smedley saying over the radio that Massa's pace compared to the Red Bulls is 'not too bad at all.'

WS6TransAm01
30th July 2010, 13:25
So how is Seb, .497 seconds faster than Nando? Fuel?

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 13:25
IF we're on the same fuel as the McLaren's, we are lapping about 1.2s per lap quicker.

2s quicker than Hamilton, at least.

Smedley saying over the radio that Massa's pace compared to the Red Bulls is 'not too bad at all.'

That's nice to hear, but their pace is still concerning

Ste
30th July 2010, 13:27
So how is Seb, .497 seconds faster than Nando? Fuel?

His hotlap would have been another 3 tenths quicker than that if he hadn't caught traffic. So, really its 8 tenths, not 5. :-)

m schumy
30th July 2010, 13:27
InsideFerrari

Fernando is back in

zeus2
30th July 2010, 13:28
His hotlap would have been another 3 tenths quicker than that if he hadn't caught traffic. So, really its 8 tenths, not 5. :-)

Probably switched on his engine mapping trick for those laps (or atleast I hope so).

Ste
Alonso has gone back out on the option tyres, might be going for a quick one.

bobi_ve
The highest-placed Ferrari was Hockenheim winner Fernando Alonso, 1.8 seconds off the pace,amid suggestions the team has decided not to run its flexible wing at the Hungaroring.
:-E:-??
"We will see what we will end up using," said chief engineer Chris Dyer.

....God,forgive them,for they do not know what they are doing !!! :Hmm

Ste
30th July 2010, 13:29
Probably switched on his engine mapping trick for those laps (or atleast I hope so).

Very much doubt it. They wouldn't put more strain on the engine for the sake of being another 3 tenths ahead in Free Practice. :-)

m schumy
30th July 2010, 13:30
InsideFerrari

On the longish run soft tyres look stable, with not too much degradation

Ste
30th July 2010, 13:31
Alonso slow on this lap, wide through turn 2, but 1.1s down in S1.

Must be fuelled heavier but with options. 3.4s down after S2.

1s25s059.

Only the Bulls are in the 24s on race pace.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 13:32
1429: Sutil returns to the track as Lewis Hamilton is struggling with pace, over four seconds down on Vettel's time on sector two. Neither McLaren looks at ease on this track, a big concern for the Woking-based team.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 13:33
InsideFerrari

Session finished with the following classification: VET 1.20.087 ALO 1.20.584 WEB 1.20.597 MAS 1.20.986 PET 1.21.195 HAM 1.21.308

LAROSA SpA
30th July 2010, 13:33
1429: Sutil returns to the track as Lewis Hamilton is struggling with pace, over four seconds down on Vettel's time on sector two. Neither McLaren looks at ease on this track, a big concern for the Woking-based team.

& good news for us :-D :clap

m schumy
30th July 2010, 13:37
Free Practice 2 Results

http://i28.tinypic.com/6qwdv7.jpg

Stormsearcher
30th July 2010, 13:39
Its a strange standing right now. Vettel is half a second ahead of anyone else. Nando, webber and massa are bunched together, then the rest of the field is having a picnic in the backyard.
Why is vettel so fast?
I sure hope they use the flexi-wings. Its gotten us so close to the bulls.. we cant let that go now.

hogo
30th July 2010, 13:45
Its a strange standing right now. Vettel is half a second ahead of anyone else. Nando, webber and massa are bunched together, then the rest of the field is having a picnic in the backyard.
Why is vettel so fast?
I sure hope they use the flexi-wings. Its gotten us so close to the bulls.. we cant let that go now.

I thought flexi-wing is a myth made up by Mccheaters and then denied by RedBull, Ferrari and FIA...

m schumy
30th July 2010, 13:45
1441: Despite Red Bull's dominance throughout Friday's two sessions, Fernando Alonso has managed to keep up with the impressive pace of Vettel and Webber, giving the Spaniard an excellent opportunity to make an impression during Saturday's qualifying session. Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa is fourth while Vitali Petrov has the opportunity to help secure his future with Renault following a confident display. The Russian is fifth, ahead of both McLarens and team-mate Robert Kubica.

BBC 5 analyst Anthony Davidson: "The body language of the McLaren cars is saying a lot. It's a bit twitchy and a bit nervous, both drivers are not able to let it flow."

Stormsearcher
30th July 2010, 13:49
I thought flexi-wing is a myth made up by Mccheaters and then denied by RedBull, Ferrari and FIA...

No. The wings do flex... but the McCheaters havent been able to figure out how till now. :-G
In the last race both the bulls and Ferrari were using the so called Flexi-wings... we got to with 0.002 of the bulls pace.. so i hope they don it again. :-)

Stormsearcher
30th July 2010, 13:50
1441: Despite Red Bull's dominance throughout Friday's two sessions, Fernando Alonso has managed to keep up with the impressive pace of Vettel and Webber, giving the Spaniard an excellent opportunity to make an impression during Saturday's qualifying session. Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa is fourth while Vitali Petrov has the opportunity to help secure his future with Renault following a confident display. The Russian is fifth, ahead of both McLarens and team-mate Robert Kubica.

BBC 5 analyst Anthony Davidson: "The body language of the McLaren cars is saying a lot. It's a bit twitchy and a bit nervous, both drivers are not able to let it flow."

Come qualifying... the lewser will drive his heart out and manage to get into the top 5. Dont count them out yet.

Naeem
30th July 2010, 13:54
Come qualifying... the lewser will drive his heart out and manage to get into the top 5. Dont count them out yet.

Someone else on this forum rates Hamster too. I'm proud.

bobi_ve
30th July 2010, 13:55
Why is vettel so fast?

"...amid suggestions the team has decided not to run its flexible wing at the Hungaroring."

Our flexi wings give us -0.3sec,-0.4sec per lap...Alonso,Massa,Webber haven't it at this track...:(((

FFFerrari
30th July 2010, 13:56
Usually FP1 and FP2 are used to test new parts and setting up for the race configuration, FP3 is more used for Qualification setup - so counting McLaren out yet would be a bit foolish but indeed it looks good for us. RB is very fast and it seems that they were testing different things on Vettel and Webber.

delsando
30th July 2010, 14:09
Did you guys also notice, our front wing jack is updated and modified, similar to the Mercedes GP one.( swivel to the side one).This shows us Scuderia are finding ways to go faster, be it on the car or the pit equipment.

Sorry but i failed at screen capturing it during FP2. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to post it.

Greig
30th July 2010, 14:10
Looks like we are quite a bit behind the Red Bulls which is strange, hopefully Saturday is a bit better for us, still at least we can do team orders if not 1-2 anyway :-D

dfunk257
30th July 2010, 14:13
The last 2 sectors 4 us = oh no! atm im happy with our But hopefully we didnt show our true pace

Ste
30th July 2010, 14:24
Did you guys also notice, our front wing jack is updated and modified, similar to the Mercedes GP one.( swivel to the side one).This shows us Scuderia are finding ways to go faster, be it on the car or the pit equipment.

Sorry but i failed at screen capturing it during FP2. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to post it.
We had this at Hockenheim. :-)

Ste
30th July 2010, 14:25

We had this at Hockenheim. :-)

tifosi1035
30th July 2010, 14:26
If there is an advantage 2by on earth would they not use them? Have they even been tried yet? The decision making on race weekend has gotten odd at times over the last fee years. Can anyone get a shout put to the team? Lol use the new wing...

SilverSpeed
30th July 2010, 14:48
A dutch newssite said that Ferrari had uninstalled their f-duct on both cars and found quite some pace then.

Hermann
30th July 2010, 16:53
Come on- the weekend has just started! Are we going to make a list for all the penalties Fernando can expect this weekend? :lol

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Documents/hun-document-13.pdf

m schumy
30th July 2010, 17:26
InsideFerrari

HUN - Stefano Domenicali: "A positive day"
HUN - Felipe Massa: "A special feeling"
HUN - Fernando Alonso: "Good impression"
HUN - Chris Dyer: "New ideas"

zeus2
30th July 2010, 17:32
Whitmarsh is certainly not happy with the flexi wing situation, hes asking for a clarification :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8872761.stm

Maybe ferrari got wind of this and thats why they were testing the old wing just incase the new one is banned. Massa appeared to be using the old FW while Alonso was using the new one.

theodorus8864
30th July 2010, 17:33
Come on- the weekend has just started! Are we going to make a list for all the penalties Fernando can expect this weekend? :lol

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Documents/hun-document-13.pdf

The team was dominant last week, hence it's inevitable if everyone puts us under magnifying glass. With a good car package, the rest we gotta do is to focus on good management and cut down unnecessary error even a minor one as stated in the link above for the whole weekend.

tifosi1035
30th July 2010, 17:37
Whitmarsh is certainly not happy with the flexi wing situation, hes asking for a clarification :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8872761.stm

Maybe ferrari got wind of this and thats why they were testing the old wing just incase the new one is banned. Massa appeared to be using the old FW while Alonso was using the new one.

Can you or anyone else confirm fernsndo hsd tje new wing on? I hope we use it.

m schumy
30th July 2010, 17:39
InsideFerrari

HUN - A competitive start

zeus2
30th July 2010, 17:43
Can you or anyone else confirm fernsndo hsd tje new wing on? I hope we use it.

Alonso
http://photos.gpupdate.net/large/159821.jpg

Massa
http://photos.gpupdate.net/large/159838.jpg

Tony
30th July 2010, 18:17
I was never good at this game.... the only thing I can tell is that they have different coloured helmets lol!

tifosi1035
30th July 2010, 18:35
Yup that's it on freds car.I really hope they use it.obviously faster.

Hornet
30th July 2010, 18:44
Unless my eye played tricks on me, it appears that the middle, bigger wing element on each side is split into 2 piece on Alonso car. (pardon the improper terms :-G)

Tifoso
30th July 2010, 18:59
How did we do?

Stormsearcher
30th July 2010, 19:26
so who is using which wing?
Felipe and Nando both are sporting different wings. Which is the flexi-wing wing.. which is the new one?

zeus2
30th July 2010, 20:06
The one Alonso is using is the new one and the one on Massa's car is the old one. The new one is pretty much what we used in Silverstone and germany, the old one is what we started with.

Seems Massa used the new one too at some point.
http://www.motorsport-total.com/bilder/2010/100730/z1280502151.jpg

The new one is apparently the one that flexes (although not as much as the red bulls).

SilverSpeed
30th July 2010, 20:21
No F-duct either :D

zeus2
30th July 2010, 20:31
Just read this on formula1.com :

Red Bull
Sebastian Vettel, 1m 20.976s, P1/1m 20.087s, P1
Mark Webber, 1m 21.106s, P2/1m 20.597s, P3
Vettel played things down and suggested that rivals might catch up tomorrow, but Dr Marko privately allowed that they had a lot in hand today. Webber thought his day was “pretty good”, and said he got through everything he needed to and that the track simply got quicker and quicker as it rubbered in.

Should we be worried?

Stormsearcher
30th July 2010, 20:35
Yup that's it on freds car.I really hope they use it.obviously faster.

Who is fred?

Tifoso
30th July 2010, 21:01
Who is fred?

Fernando ;-)