PDA

View Full Version : Hungarian GP - Race Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Julie B
1st August 2010, 08:23
Here's to another fantastic race for both of our guys :ferrarifl

Greig
1st August 2010, 08:25
Hope its a decent race, but I doubt it :-) we need a really good start and then some team orders :-D

m schumy
1st August 2010, 08:51
I think a lot will depend on the start and maybe the pitstop strategies- otherwise I`m afraid it will be a Red Bull 1-2

FFFerrari
1st August 2010, 09:14
Naptime race of the season without rain :-ZZ

Stormsearcher
1st August 2010, 09:20
If we dont make a good start.. i vote for rain!!! :-D

scuderia_nano
1st August 2010, 09:28
Alonso might get a P2 Maximum by the end of the race if He can Follow Vettel and if Mark has a sluggish start. Mostly, Vettel wont repeat his mistakes so early on.

Lithium
1st August 2010, 09:33
Alonso might get a P2 Maximum by the end of the race if He can Follow Vettel and if Mark has a sluggish start. Mostly, Vettel wont repeat his mistakes so early on.
Yea, if Alonso makes a decent start, he has a chance to take Webbo at the start. Vettel, I'm afraid, will disappear into the distance with that car. I hope though that Vettel will make another bad start, but I doubt it'll happen... And then you never know... RBR might screw up at the pitstops, they've done it before. Plus those Bulls are fast, but not the most reliable... so you never know :-D

Stormsearcher
1st August 2010, 09:35

i agree.. vettel will make sure he doesnt repeat it. Mark is our best hope. :-D

Jack
1st August 2010, 09:36

I'd bet for a P2 too. Having the clean side is very important.

scuderia_nano
1st August 2010, 09:40
By the ways, I read somewhere that if the Flexi wings Flex too much in RBR too regularly, It will hamper their reliability. And so, Its generally a mechanism affective only for Qual. A reason why they dont have the race pace everytime!

Anyone aware of this?

vecchiasignora
1st August 2010, 09:41
the start will decide everything..

Hopefully Alonso cuts down at least 5 more points on championship leader in this race as well.

animagus
Hope both the Ferrari's make a good start and the luck be with them. Good luck Ferrari. :ferrarifl

vcs316
I think P3 is our best chance.. Even if we get P2 or P1 at the start, the red bulls will overtake us during the pit stops...

Stormsearcher
By the ways, I read somewhere that if the Flexi wings Flex too much in RBR too regularly, It will hamper their reliability. And so, Its generally a mechanism affective only for Qual. A reason why they dont have the race pace everytime!

Anyone aware of this?

source?

Tifosi
Vettel will do his usual MS style veer across the track off the start (regardless of what he says) to cover Webber, and Alonso and Massa can cause some hassle hopefully.

vecchiasignora
1st August 2010, 09:42
what worries me hamilton's start.. Massa is on the dirty side..

but should Massa end 5th in the start, and hamilton 4th...Massa should overtake hamilton by the pits.. Hamilton always pits early..doesnt know how to manage his tyres

vecchiasignora
1st August 2010, 09:43
I think P3 is our best chance.. Even if we get P2 or P1 at the start, the red bulls will overtake us during the pit stops...

Thats where strategy plays the role. Ferrari should pit same time as Red Bulls.

Stormsearcher
1st August 2010, 09:47
Thats where strategy plays the role. Ferrari should pit same time as Red Bulls.

Or exactly one lap after. Their prime tyres will take a lap atleast to get to temp and we can make up some ground in that time if we push really hard. All this assuming we are within range of the the 2 bulls, who are very likely to fly off if they get a good start.

Greig
1st August 2010, 09:52
We should order Massa to jump start, get the lead, and block the Red Bulls, refuse to take the penalty, ignore the black flags, and get Alonso to jump them, probably just get a reprimand anyway :-)

Hermann
1st August 2010, 09:53
Germany's Auto Motor und Sport reports that the designs have been cleared as legal before the Hungarian race, but that Charlie Whiting may be open to talks about devising new flexibility tests.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=380377

Of course- Whiting.

Tommy_F
1st August 2010, 10:05
The report said the tests carried out at the Hungaroring involved placing 50kg weights on the endplates, with no more than 10mm of downwards flexibility allowed.

So will the new tests involve Norbert Haug being placed on the endplates? :-D

Alessandra
1st August 2010, 10:07
I'd like to congratulate Stefano on his interview with JAke Humphries on the BBC at quali. There was no backing down and absolute conviction that the team's behaviour in Hockenheim was correct. (Even M. Brundle in the SUnday Times manages to say that it wasn't even Fernando's fault - what's going on?).
Our two drivers have behaved with dignity in the teeth of extreme pressure from the media and those who would like to use the events at Hockenhein purely to destabilise the team.
Nick Fry looking on during his first Ferrari GP was somehow encouraging too.
It begins to look as though, not for the first time this season, the Ferarari team will have , deliberately or otherwise, raised necessary issues re. F1 rules ( quali fuel, safety cars & overtaking thereof) :-). The hypocracy of other teams is being seen as just that.
I think this points to an intelligent, challenging ( in all senses) team. The old order has profoundly changed and we should be looking to the future with confidence.
So........good luck to all this afternoon, especially the drivers, we're with you........:ferrarifl:-bounce:-bounce

Greig
1st August 2010, 10:15

:rotfl

Tifosi
1st August 2010, 10:18
We should order Massa to jump start, get the lead, and block the Red Bulls, refuse to take the penalty, ignore the black flags, and get Alonso to jump them, probably just get a reprimand anyway :-)

We'd still get 3 Christian Horner interviews at the end though ;-)

Stormsearcher
1st August 2010, 10:28

:haha:

SilverSpeed
1st August 2010, 10:30
P3 seems the best we can do here, but maybe with a superb start and mecanical problems with 1 or 2 red bulls... who knows what's possible :)

Hornet
1st August 2010, 10:45
Keeping my expectations in check today. A podium should be easy though.

That would permanently deform the wings each time they test it :-G

Ste
1st August 2010, 10:46

Hermann
1st August 2010, 10:59
Listening to Lauda can be dangerous for your mental health.

First, he kept ranting about team orders. Then they managed to get Bernie for an interview and Lauda asked him what he thinks about it. Bernie said that inside the teams, they should be allowed to do what they want; for him, 'team order' means two teams in a conspiracy against a third (?????) (Laudas face was priceless) and that this of course should not be allowed!

After that interview, Lauda said that of course when one of the drivers is mathematically out of the title race, the other driver should get priority. Well at least he made clear what he thinks about it. For now.

Katu
1st August 2010, 11:14
two teams against third...interesting suggestion. hmm i wonder who would team up?

Mitra
1st August 2010, 11:14
hoping for a good race
still on a hunt for a BBC stream

come on Ferrari

m schumy
1st August 2010, 11:16
BBC Sport's Sarah Holt in Budapest: "McLaren have been freely admitting at the last two races that they are the third fastest team behind Red Bull and Ferrari. In Hungary, Lewis Hamilton was a massive 1.7 seconds behind Sebastian Vettel's pole for Red Bull. McLaren have clung on to the lead in both championships but boss Martin Whitmarsh insists it is now vital the team makes strides in developing the car. He says: 'We've been trying to play catch up with Red Bull in particular. We need to respond as quickly as we can. We're missing downforce from our front wing but we've got some ideas.' McLaren start their two-week factory shutdown - which all teams do to give staff a break - at midnight on Sunday. Whitmarsh adds: 'I'd love not to have a shutdown and plough on, understand what's permissible with the flexi-wing and make them next week but I can't. We'll come back energised, inventive and fighting. We'll do what's necessary to make sure we come back at these other teams.'"

BBC's Ian Fergusson : "It's been a glorious, almost cloudless morning in Budapest with strong sunshine across the circuit and the track temperature much higher than yesterday. This fine, hot weather will prevail through today, with some fair-weather cloud around this afternoon but a just a very small (under 10%) chance of well-idolated showers later. The more widespread showery / thundery weather of Friday and Saturday has relaxed off eastwards, now primarily focused across the high ground of western Romania".

BBC Sport's Sarah Holt in Budapest: "Reigning world champion Jenson Button is in danger of losing ground in the title race unless he can push and pass his way through the field after a poor qualifying session. Button is second to Lewis Hamilton in the standings but the Red Bulls on the front row are hot on his heels, just seven points behind. Button, who came from 14th to win a chaotic, wet race here in 2006, lines up in 11th. He says: 'I'm starting on the clean side which makes a big difference around here and I have a new set of tyres - whether it's softs or the hards - to put on the car. We have good balance with the car in race trim so we can still have a good race and pick up some points. Finishing behind Lewis will hurt my championship hopes but there's still everything to play for.'"

JRX164
1st August 2010, 11:16
I hope Vettel doesn't crash into Alonso going into the first corner. Red Bull having problems with the breaks might help.

m schumy
1st August 2010, 11:18
BBC Sport's Sarah Holt in Budapest: "I always enjoy talking to Renault's Vitaly Petrov as the Russian is still learning English and so gives abrupt, short answers which sometimes make you laugh and sometimes make you think you've upset him. There was good reason to talk to him in Hungary as for the first time he out-qualified team-mate Robert Kubica by one place in seventh. Was he pleased? 'Yes.' Does it mean a lot? 'It means something but not a lot.' What does he hope for the race? 'The first corner will be very difficult because it's very tight. I want to finish in the top 10 and do a clean race without mistakes.' Does he think more solid results will help him end speculation after his Renault race seat in 2011? 'I don't want to say anything, just wait to the end of the year and you will see what will be'. Petrov was much happier to talk about the friends from his hometown of Vyborg, who surprised him by stringing up a big flag emblazoned with 'Yuri Gargarin (1st in space), Vitaly Petrov (first Russian in F1) = Russian pride'."

Lithium
1st August 2010, 11:23
Listening to Lauda can be dangerous for your mental health.

First, he kept ranting about team orders. Then they managed to get Bernie for an interview and Lauda asked him what he thinks about it. Bernie said that inside the teams, they should be allowed to do what they want; for him, 'team order' means two teams in a conspiracy against a third (?????) (Laudas face was priceless) and that this of course should not be allowed!

After that interview, Lauda said that of course when one of the drivers is mathematically out of the title race, the other driver should get priority. Well at least he made clear what he thinks about it. For now.

Lauda has long been an Alonso hater, so nothing new here. If it was Vettel in Alonso's place, I doubt Lauda would be complaining much about the 'team orders'...

m schumy
1st August 2010, 11:27
BBC F1 analyst Eddie Jordan: "A 1.8 second gap between Vettel at the head of the grid and Hamilton in fifth is unheard of. It's a tribute to the Red Bull design team lead by Adrian Newey. The RB6 will go down as one of the best cars ever built."

Greig
1st August 2010, 11:31
Nice interview with Sir Frank, as much as a I dislike P Head, would be nice to see Williams win a race again :-)

Katu
1st August 2010, 11:35
anyone has a found a good link?

Julie B
1st August 2010, 11:35
Schumacher appears to have gone back into the pits - problem with the car on outlap

m schumy
1st August 2010, 11:36
BBC Sport's Sarah Holt in Budapest: "Mercedes have been staying late at the track - and, despite that, some team members have still been cycling the 14-mile journey back to the heart of Budapest - after another weekend of head-scratching. Nico Rosberg lines up sixth but Michael Schumacher is back in 14th. Team principal Ross Brawn is going back to their Brackley HQ with a shopping list of updates. He says: 'The two major technologies - the F-duct and the blown diffuser - we are still not completely there with. The floor is being redesigned and remade in time for Spa. Now what's been demonstrated is the lower front ride heights and the lower front wing - and we have to work out how to do that, because that'll be a very significant advantage.' Brawn, just like his McLaren counterpart Martin Whitmarsh, is also seeking clarification from the FIA on the flexible front wings which are being successfully deployed by Red Bull and Ferrari. 'Before we all go off and have a massive development programme, we are asking whether [race director] Charlie Whiting is going to change the rules before we all get there? We just want to make sure Charlie is comfortable with it'."

maho
1st August 2010, 11:36
what the hell happened to the bbc feed! NOOOOO

edit - got it back :)

m schumy
1st August 2010, 11:39
InsideFerrari

Good afternoon from the Hungaroring
It is sunny and warm here, with temperatures higher than the previous days
Both Felipe and Fernando are doing their parade laps. Everything is ok with the cars

Mitra
1st August 2010, 11:40
http://www.firstrow.net/watch/22862/1/watch-formula-1-hungary-grand-prix-[race].html

27 GV
1st August 2010, 11:40
Found a BBC Stream here:

http://www.firstrow.net/watch/22862/1/watch-formula-1-hungary-grand-prix-[race].html

Katu
1st August 2010, 11:41
thank you :-)

Ste
1st August 2010, 11:43
McLaren have been taking apart Hamilton's brakes, he wasn't comfortable with them on the lap to the grid.

"No problem at the moment"

Greig
1st August 2010, 11:45
McLaren have been taking apart Hamilton's brakes, he wasn't comfortable with them on the lap to the grid.

"No problem at the moment"

Parc Ferme rules don't count for them? :-)

Tech_Skill
1st August 2010, 11:45
Who wants to bet Horner tried to give team order to his drivers, you know he wants Vettels to scamper off badly.

"Dont fight at the start, leave it till the pit stops"

Or summin like that

m schumy
1st August 2010, 11:46

Ste
1st August 2010, 11:46
Parc Ferme rules don't count for them? :-)

McLaren follow a different rule book from everyone else. :-D

Lithium
1st August 2010, 11:49
Who wants to bet Horner tried to give team order to his drivers, you know he wants Vettels to scamper off badly.

Or summin like that
+1
Though I hope Webber will go for it anyways, thus making the job easier for Alonso...

Tommy_F
1st August 2010, 11:49
McLaren follow a different rule book from everyone else. :-D

There probably is a different rule book for teams using fixed-wings :-D

Anni
1st August 2010, 11:51

Or summin like that

In Austria it was reported Mateschitz told Horner not to give teamorders anymore and to stop the Vettel-preference.

Donīt know if this is true but I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows Mateschitz and it seems as if he is a guy with his own ideas.

Ste
1st August 2010, 11:54
Hamilton had some vibrations and they've got a problem with the brake pad or brake disc. They got permission to change them (how?) but they've decided not to incase it introduces more problems.

They're hoping it won't affect him during the race. Apparently he'll "just have to brake hard into turn 1".

Greig
1st August 2010, 11:55
I predict exploding brakes by around lap 10 :-)

Tifosi
1st August 2010, 11:56
i bet Vettel defends Webber off the start - he wont be able to stop himself I reckon ;-)

Greig
1st August 2010, 11:57
Webber will kamikaze Vettel :-)

Julie B
1st August 2010, 11:57
Some betting sites have suspended betting on hamilton

tifoso SF
1st August 2010, 11:58
even if they don't, at least Hamilton won't be so comfortable with them, with the fear of it... (i hope)

Ste
1st August 2010, 11:58
Some betting sites have suspended betting on hamilton

:lol

Greig
1st August 2010, 11:59
team order oil patch in front of Webber :-)

Ste
1st August 2010, 12:00
I feel sick.

Forza Ferrari, Forza Massa, Forza Alonso.

:ferrarifl

Tech_Skill
1st August 2010, 12:01
I feel sick.

Exactly the same down here.

gvsnraju85
1st August 2010, 12:01
Hope we have a clean start and a normal race....(no safety cars and no more controversies)

Lithium
1st August 2010, 12:02
I feel sick.

Forza Ferrari, Forza Massa, Forza Alonso.

:ferrarifl
+1 :lou

tifoso SF
1st August 2010, 12:03
here we go... :ferrarifl

gvsnraju85
1st August 2010, 12:04
Vettel>Alonso>Webber

Ste
Alonso P2!! Nearly took Vettel as well. Epic.

Massa stays P4, nice clean start.

Hamilton down to P6. Button in 15th now.

tifoso SF
ALONSO.... YESSS....

Tech_Skill
great start by alonso, nearly got P1, did his best there.

Lithium
1st August 2010, 12:05
Vettel>Alonso>Webber
not too bad :-) so far...

gvsnraju85
Ham almost took out petrov....and now he has overtaken him :(

Greig
Great start by Nando, so nearly got the lead, cmon!

gvsnraju85
1st August 2010, 12:06
oh no...Ferrari enine blows up :(

m schumy
Alguersuari out with a blown engine

maho
Lewis p5, come on MAssa, dont let him past!

Lithium
another Ferrari engines in flames...:-??

Tech_Skill
Anyone thinking Hamilton is going be a threat to Massa?

Ste
another Ferrari engines in flames...:-??

Don't care. We don't manage their engines. As long as ours doesn't blow up thats fine.

Lithium
1st August 2010, 12:07
Lewis p5, come on MAssa, dont let him past!

he won't! :-P

m schumy
InsideFerrari

Oil on the track lost by ALG

:-E

Lithium
Don't care. We don't manage their engines. As long as ours doesn't blow up thats fine.

true

scuderia_nano
1st August 2010, 12:08
Great start by Alonso. As Usual, Justifying Ferrari's faith. Massa also cleanly on the move. Jaime blows his engine..

Lithium
Now they showed it again, what a great start from Alonso, much better than Vettel.

maho
Vettel is flying, we can only hope for reliability issues.

Ste
1st August 2010, 12:09
Vettel gapping Alonso.

Alonso gapping Webber

Massa closing on Webber

Massa gapping Hamilton

scuderia_nano
1st August 2010, 12:10

pretty POSSIBLE.

Tech_Skill
Now they showed it again, what a great start from Alonso, much better than Vettel.

Way better, anyhow Vettel didnt have the much faster car, Alonso would be making his life hell right now.

Lithium
+1 c'mon RBR, do it, break down again plz, you know how to do it :-D

m schumy
Vettel FL

Ste
1st August 2010, 12:11
That RB FW has to be banned. This is ridiculous. 1.1s per lap. :-E

m schumy
InsideFerrari

Vettel has already 3 secs over ALO but Webber is a bit slower

Greig
Vettel FL

LOL you will be typing that a lot today :-)

m schumy
Unbelievable pace by Vettel :-E

gvsnraju85

Does anyine think webber can be a threat to Alonso???

Lithium
1st August 2010, 12:12
Vettel flying :-?? , 5+ seconds from Alonso... Webber less than a sec behind... :-E

m schumy
LOL you will be typing that a lot today :-)

Yeah looks like it, those Red Bulls are flying :-E

Tech_Skill
I just love watching Alonso punching above his weight slower cars, webber catching him though. He will try and stick in 2nd and wait to see if vettel has a problem.

Greig
1st August 2010, 12:13
MS brake problems

gvsnraju85
Vettel is flying on the Red Bull wings.......i think he might overlap Hamster by the end of the race :-G:rotfl

Ste
Schumacher team radio:

"The brakes are becoming very spongy, what is it? Something wrong?"

"Negative, probably the calliper, do be careful with them"

Lithium
Does anyine think webber can be a threat to Alonso???
With that car, yes he is very dangerous... Hopefully Alonso can keep it up...

m schumy
MS complained about brakes on the radio

scuderia_nano
1st August 2010, 12:14
If Mark ahs the Faster car, Alonso might not take any chances and settle for a 3rd. We have to look at the championship in the long run.. And not 1 race!

Ste
Vettel is still a second per lap quicker.

Massa closing on on Webber.

Lithium
Webbo falls back a bit, phew... :-)

Tech_Skill
You know Hamilton is doing a very good job, Alonso needs to open up the gap over him.

Lithium
1st August 2010, 12:15
If Mark ahs the Faster car, Alonso might not take any chances and settle for a 3rd. We have to look at the championship in the long run.. And not 1 race!
a joke, right?
funny in any case! :lol

Ste
I'm going to complain to the BBC about Legard calling Alonso, Alonzo.

Eugh.

gvsnraju85
Kobayashi does impress me with his hooligan driving antics sometimes

scuderia_nano
1st August 2010, 12:16
a joke, right?
funny in any case! :lol

Nah. Not jokin but somehow, The RBR is too fast. Webber closing in and Vettel has about 8 seconds ahead. Vettel is gaining 1 second a lap.! So Mark has almost the same pace?

gvsnraju85
1st August 2010, 12:17
In 8 laps vettel is 7.9 secs ahead.......i feel a deep pain in my heart......so much for our hope to overtake him in pits

m schumy
InsideFerrari

Fernado is improving his lap time but still 9tenths slower than vettel

Tech_Skill
Legard is an idiot, of course Vettel is showing killer pace, he has a clear track and by far the fastest car on this circuit, but you know what, Alonso nearly smoked him yet again from 3rd in a much slower car.

maho
1st August 2010, 12:18
Alonso about 6 tenths slower than Vettel now.. wel for the past 3-4 laps.

Gap between Lewis and Massa is about 1.5secs. Come on Massa, push push push!

m schumy
BBC F1 analyst Martin Brundle: "You've got to be impressed by that. Button's looking at the car five in front of him - Barrichello - and noticing what tyres it's on."

BBC pit-lane reporter Ted Kravitz in the McLaren garage: "Button's initial getaway wasn't that bad - but he was just crowded out through Turn One. The strategy was for him to go very long on the soft tyres. That hasn't worked now, so the likelihood is they'll call him on early onto the prime, harder tyres."

gvsnraju85
Webber closing in on an attack

Ste
1st August 2010, 12:19
P2, P3, P4 all within 6 tenths of Vettel now.

m schumy
1st August 2010, 12:21
BBC Radio 5 live F1 analyst Anthony Davidson: "The first tyre window will be somewhere between laps 11 and 15, but the cars with extra downforce have such a big advantage in terms of reduced tyre degradation. I think nerves got the better of Vitaly Petrov at the start of the race and he made a few mistakes, but he's starting to claw his way back up towards Lewis Hamilton now."

Ste
1st August 2010, 12:21
Good points today if we can hold position. :-)

Ste
1st August 2010, 12:23
Massa radio:

"What are we going to do? Because, we're behind Webber, what will we do?"

Smedley: "I don't know whether we're close enough to do what we talked about, we're 2s behind, I don't think we're close enough"

m schumy
1st August 2010, 12:24
InsideFerrari

Vettel is still half a second quicker per lap...

Ste
Button pits from P15.

Debris on track, exit of T11. Liuzzi pits, new nose.

maho
Ferrari getting ready to pit.. Alonso i presume. Safety car

Lithium
1st August 2010, 12:25
SC... ...

m schumy
1st August 2010, 12:25
Vettel pits

Greig
1st August 2010, 12:26
How can Massa never get a break

Ste
Eugh, Hamilton jumps Massa.

Sutil and a Renault have come together in the pits. Kubica. Ouch.

Greig
Finally a crash in the pits

Ste
Rosberg has no right rear wheel, exit of pits, parked it.

Greig
Nico no wheel lool

Lithium
What a mess in the pits!!!!

m schumy
1st August 2010, 12:27
Silly incident in the pits

maho
So much going on. Kubica and Sutil contact in pits. Rosberg lost tyre, Massa lost position! Has Mark Webber pitted yet?

Greig
That wheel was dangerous

Katu
that is almost as good as Canada 2008 pitstops... what a drama

Ste
1st August 2010, 12:28
:lol Vettel.

SO unlucky for Felipe.

Greig
Can't come into the pits like that, penalty for Vettel please :-D

m schumy
InsideFerrari

A big mess in the pit lane rosberg lost a wheel and kubica and sutil crashed

Lesky
The SC spiced up the race as usual! Button making up some places because of the inciident!

m schumy
On a funny side, finally some events in this race ;-)

DJTaurus
Vettel may be under investigation....

Greig
1st August 2010, 12:29
Nice team orders by Red Bull :-D

Katu
RB really screwed Webber this time

maho
is vettel allowed to do that in the entry to the pits? Hope he damaged his underneath. I think Massa can jump Hamilton, he was over half a second faster before the SC.

Tech_Skill
Massa has got to go after Hamilton.

Ste
TEAM ORDERS! WHAT THE HELL.

Vettel holding everyone up while Webber goes. What a joke.

Greig
1st August 2010, 12:30
Vettel holding everyone up, that is not allowed, penalty for that please FIA.....

m schumy
InsideFerrari

safety car in this lap

Greig
TEAM ORDERS! WHAT THE HELL.

Vettel holding everyone up while Webber goes. What a joke.

totally illegal, Ferrari better be on the case

Greig
1st August 2010, 12:31
Under SC you have to follow at a certain distance to the car in front, Vettel just broke that rule.....

Lithium
1st August 2010, 12:32
totally illegal, Ferrari better be on the case

+1

Katu
1st August 2010, 12:32
lucky that no-one was hurt by rosberg's flying wheel

maho
1st August 2010, 12:33
Wow, did you guys see the wheel from Rosbergs car flying! lol, very dangerous though..

m schumy
Webber FL

Ste
Under SC you have to follow at a certain distance to the car in front, Vettel just broke that rule.....

Unbelievable. What the hell are the FIA doing.

That wheel was SO dangerous, up in the air, could have killed someone quite easily. Mercedes should get a penalty or something for that. DQ like Alonso last year.

m schumy
BBC F1 pundit David Coulthard: "What might happen now is that Red Bull ask Vettel to hold the field up to allow Webber clean enough air to build a lead that will ensure a team one-two. If Vettel runs at full pace and pushes on, Webber is going to struggle."

Greig
1st August 2010, 12:34
40.4 When the order is given to deploy the safety car the message "SAFETY CAR DEPLOYED" will be
displayed on the timing monitors and all marshal's posts will display waved yellow flags and "SC" boards
for the duration of the intervention.

40.5 From this time, any car being driven unnecessarily slowly, erratically or which is deemed potentially
dangerous to other drivers at any time whilst the safety car is deployed will be reported to the stewards.
This will apply whether any such car is being driven on the track, the pit entry or the pit lane.

Lithium
1st August 2010, 12:34
Damn... Webbo flying...

hogo
1st August 2010, 12:36
And again SC ruined our race...

Greig
1st August 2010, 12:37
Did Martin really just ask how much fuel has Webber got?

m schumy
1st August 2010, 12:37
Kubica gets a penalty

Ste
1st August 2010, 12:38

The safety car shall be used at least until the leader is behind it and all remaining cars are lined up behind him.
Once behind the safety car, the race leader must keep within ten car lengths of it (except under 40.11 below) and all remaining cars must keep the formation as tight as possible.

Penalty Please.

Greig
Kubica and Renault should be black flagged for that one, and Mercedes should be in for some heat

m schumy
BBC F1 pit-lane reporter Ted Kravitz: "The wheel came off Rosberg's car and it was caught, wicket-keeper style by a Sauber mechanic."

BBC Radio 5 live race F1 analyst Anthony Davidson: "It was basically a completely unsafe release by Renault, and they'll be in big trouble. It was an equally bad stop by Mercedes, and I'm just hoping nobody was hurt by the loose tyre off Rosberg's car. But the teams are under so much pressure in those circumstances, when all the cars come in together."

Ste
1st August 2010, 12:39
Hamilton is OUT. OUT OUT OUT.

Greig
The safety car shall be used at least until the leader is behind it and all remaining cars are lined up behind him.
Once behind the safety car, the race leader must keep within ten car lengths of it (except under 40.11 below) and all remaining cars must keep the formation as tight as possible.

Penalty Please.

We better have been onto the FIA

Lewis out lol

maho
AHAHA Hamilton out of the race! YES!

Vettel under investigation.

ales
Yes!

ferrari4life
YAYA

m schumy
Lewis out :-D:-D:-D

DIEK
YESSSSS!!!!!!!

gvsnraju85
Hamster out:thumb

DJTaurus
Ηeal Yeahhhhh...Hamster out!!!!!!!!!!

ferrari4life
SUPER SUPER SUPER... I AM SO HAPPY

Katu
1st August 2010, 12:40
don't start gloating yet, long race to go

Lithium
:-D

ferrari4life
I think Ferrari should dial it down now and protect the engines...objective achived...

Greig
Vettel investigated!!

gvsnraju85
Now wevver seems to be finally running out of those darn tyres

Tech_Skill
See ya Lewis, have to say 2 things.

1. He was doing a very good job.
2. He will get some good luck at the end of season.
3. Vettel under investigation, if alonso can stay in fron of webber, Alonso might be able to win.

Katu
vettel under investigation... if penalty comes, i'm impressed

Greig
Better be a stop/go

m schumy
Vettel is investigated

gvsnraju85
Vettel under investigation

Lithium
1st August 2010, 12:41
Vettel under investigation!!!!

ferrari4life
at this point I am so glad that Hami is done that i dont care what happens....

kidding Forza Ferrari and vettel under investigation who choo

gvsnraju85
Kubica out of race

Ste
Vettel under investigation. Good.

10 lengths thing is wrong though, as it's not the rule. It's just to keep it tight with the rest of the pack. Only the leader has to keep 10 car lengths to the SC while it's still out.

Needs a penalty for 40.9 though.

Ste
1st August 2010, 12:42
Hamilton had a transmission problem

ferrari4life
should be a black flag...

Tech_Skill
Alonso, has to fight fight fight, he has outside chance of race win here.

Greig
FIA will take enough time for Vettel to open a gap

Ste
How many laps is it going to take them to decide. Valencia all over again.

Greig
1st August 2010, 12:43
How many laps is it going to take them to decide. Valencia all over again.

Long enough so we don't win

ferrari4life
1st August 2010, 12:43
alonso must be dreaming

m schumy
1st August 2010, 12:44
Alonso was told about Vettel being investigated and was asked to push and to be wise in the same time

RockyRaccoon
Penalise Vettel NOW, it's clear as day!! What is taking so long!?

ferrari4life
why are they taking so long ...another controversy?

Tech_Skill
Alonso is an ANIMAL, he trying to hang on in there hahahaha.

Greig
1st August 2010, 12:45
Come on FIA

Tech_Skill
WHERE IS THE PENALTY!!!!!!!!!!!

Ste
Drive through for Vettel.

maho
Drive through!

Tech_Skill
Drive through for vettel.

Greig
Drive through for Vettel :-)

m schumy
Drive through for Vettel

gvsnraju85
1st August 2010, 12:46
Drive through for vettel

ferrari4life
drive through...

Lithium
Yessssss!!!!!!!!!!!:-D

gvsnraju85
I hope thats enough

ferrari4life
get on with it vettel give up the lead.

DIEK
YESS (drive trough to vettel)

RockyRaccoon
Looking like we could get 2-3 here! Still took too many laps in my opinion! I don't think Alonso will be able to stay close enough to Webber, the car is a beast.

ferrari4life
1st August 2010, 12:47
massa needs to speed up

Katu
where would Vettel drop?

Lesky
How lucky are we today? :-D

Brakefade
YES! BABY! YES! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! WOHOOOOO!

That's for you Vettel.

maho
Can Massa keep ahead of Webber when he comes in? He needs to push.

scuderia_nano
If Massa keeps pushing, He will pass Vettel! Alonso P1 so far then?

gvsnraju85
Massa asked to keep cleana nd pass vettel on his penalty

Brakefade
We need to keep the gap to Webber.

Ste
3 laps too late quite frankly. Never the less, at least it's there.

So.

Championship Leader - OUT
WDC P2 - 9th
Vettel to get a drive through
Alonso and Massa will be P2/P3.

Nice.

Massa radio: "Gap is 11.1, Vettel has a drive through. We can take him here, keep it clean and tidy"

Rosberg investigated after the race for the loose wheel. Will get a DQ I assume.

ferrari4life
1st August 2010, 12:48
we might get a 1-2

Greig

Lucky? How?

ferrari4life
merc will be fined heavily for that wheel..it better me more that the ferrari fine for team orders

Lesky
1st August 2010, 12:49
Lucky? How?

Being handed 1st place by the safety car?

maho
Haha, Vettel is crying on the radio.

Ste

Well we deserve it quite honestly. Had such shocking luck so far this season.

Vettel asking why he has the penalty. Rocky says to stay calm.

m schumy
Vettel`s nervous about the penalty...;-)

Brakefade
:lol "Why do I have drive through?"

Greig
Being handed 1st place by the safety car?

We are 2nd though.....

Ste
Hope Webber pits very shortly. We can get a 1-2 today.

Vettel IN.

m schumy
Vettel in pits now for the penalty

Greig
A Williams mechanic was hit by the Merc wheel

scuderia_nano
1st August 2010, 12:50
We arent Lucky We drove Smartly and Fair!

ferrari4life
terrible massa

gvsnraju85
Massa did not make it :( cry

Ste
Vettel stays out ahead of Massa.

Weird.

ferrari4life
What was Massa doing

Katu
i wonder if there is a regulation that you cannot take your hands off wheel driving on pitlane

Lithium
Damn! Massa didn't make it...

RockyRaccoon
I'm scared Vettel will catch and hit Alonso!

Ste
Vettel will crash now :-D

m schumy
1st August 2010, 12:51
Vettel back on track and is now 3rd

Ste
A Williams mechanic was hit by the Merc wheel

Definite DQ for Rosberg then. And or Schumacher to make it a team penalty.

ferrari4life
Alonso got his work cut out for him

scuderia_nano
I'm scared Vettel will catch and hit Alonso!

Same here. he is an erratic fool!

Tech_Skill
Was vettel speeding or okay through that pit lane, Alonso is gonna have vettel all over him soon and Vettel will do something stupid.

gvsnraju85
1st August 2010, 12:52
Has webber made enough gap to stay in P1?????