PDA

View Full Version : Congratulation Ferrari again...

ferrari4life
1st August 2010, 14:48
Lets cheer what our team did today. 2-4 definitely better than 3-4 that it was surely looking like..
Great drive from Alonso. great start..great pit stop work from Ferrari.

FORZA Ferrari..

Julie B
1st August 2010, 14:51
I'm cheering, shows it just wasn't a one-off :ferrarifl can't wait for Belgium :ferrarifl

Greig
1st August 2010, 14:51
Great result for us really Nando and Felipe really pushed the car to the limits, I don't think Webber is a real threat to us if we can get close to them, so to beat Vettel with Nando was awesome, great start by Alonso and very unlucky not to have the lead into turn 1, roll on Spa :-)

mad_ani
1st August 2010, 14:53
Ferrari wil do well in Spa...have faster straight line speed...so bring it on..

REDARMYSOJA
1st August 2010, 14:54
Isn't there a "major upgrade" for Spa?

Ste
1st August 2010, 14:55
Isn't there a "major upgrade" for Spa?

Yep.

Will be hard I'm sure because Red Bull's speed through the quick and medium speed corners is unbelievable. Plus, McLaren's F-Duct will be more of an issue there.

Greig
1st August 2010, 14:56
Yep.

Will be hard I'm sure because Red Bull's speed through the quick and medium speed corners is unbelievable. Plus, McLaren's F-Duct will be more of an issue there.

The flexi wing will be banned by then :-D

Ste
1st August 2010, 15:00
The flexi wing will be banned by then :-D

Fingers crossed. Hopefully they don't ban ours. Red Bull's is a total extreme. You've got the solid design of the other cars, then Ferrari's who flexes about half way between theirs and Red Bull's whose is actually on the floor.

ferrari4life
1st August 2010, 15:03
Did Hamilton have a gear box failure today? does that mean he gets a penalty next race?

vcs316
1st August 2010, 15:03
Great result! We are inching closer to both the championships..

Can't wait for Spa and the major upgrades!

Forza Ferrari :ferrarifl

REDARMYSOJA
1st August 2010, 15:06
Yep.

Thanks. I thought so. Still, I like Ferrari's chances on the high speed tracks. And hopefully Webber's pace today was an anomoly.

ferrari4life
1st August 2010, 15:07
i think McLaren did a lot of work for us by stealing points from Red Bull.. if we can match the red bulls pace now we have the upper hand cause i think our drivers are stronger. plus thier drivers will keep taking points off each other playing into our hands even more.

LAROSA SpA
1st August 2010, 15:09
Great work from the whole team :thumb
Very good drive from Alonso 2-4 is a great result from the Red Bull pace this weekend

Let's hope that the characteristics of Spa & our new updates let us fight for the win
:ferrarifl

theodorus8864
1st August 2010, 15:25
Anyone has idea about all teams' engine allocation so far? It'd be interesting to see how we are optimizing them throughout the rest of 2010.

Hornet
1st August 2010, 15:28
Overall it was a good race for us.

The gap to the Red Bulls is somewhat worrying, but at least we know that we're there at the top, and lets see how it turns out at the next race.

slither
1st August 2010, 15:29
Good result on a track that was built for RBRs. We will be stronger at Monza and Spa against them if we keep the pace.

Paulpg87
1st August 2010, 15:34
i don't know what to expect for Spa, but i think Mcheaters will be on/near the top and in Monza too.

RED
1st August 2010, 15:37
Yep, very well done to Fernando, Felipe & the team!! Our cars should be very strong at Spa! :ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl

Suzie
1st August 2010, 15:45
Congratulations to the team. Pity Felipe couldn't sneak onto the podium; without having to pit under the safety car pit he may have - but pleased enough :-)

ferrari4life
1st August 2010, 15:52
still in awe that red bull was able to pull such a lead over the ferraris before webber had to pit.. something is not right there

Tifosi
1st August 2010, 15:58
Good result and we were truly superb off the line. There's a lot to be happy with here. Red Bull have transferred all of the pressure back on to themselves again in a way we could only have dreamed of before and Macca are going backwards nicely.

Shame RB are so bloomin' fast in clean air though!

game on.

jocaranz
1st August 2010, 16:04
A well deserved P2, WOW! i almost thought that it'd eventually be a successful red bull charge around the curves b4 the checkard flag, but our Red Horse has got a good jockey. Good defense!
My heart was beating >100 per minute hahahaha.

FFFerrari
1st August 2010, 16:12
Spa will favor F10, Monza might be the best track for McLosers and neither track favors RBR because of their lack of top speed. On the other hand, the end of the season tracks all favor RBR unless we get some major upgrades or something is done on wings of RBR. Will be tight and even one DNF will kick Alonso out of contention so finishing every race is critical.

Rob
1st August 2010, 16:26
Cogratulations to all the Team and drivers. Felipe and Fernando drove with alot of passion and desire today, got us 2-4, and very very valuable points. We are now in shot with both Championships. We can and will do it. The car looked stunning again, Spa will see us make a bigger step, rear end all new. ;-)

Forza Ferrari forza Fernando Forza Felipe.

keep up all the great work and driving

zeus2
1st August 2010, 16:29
Vettel sure was cheesed off after the race. Did anyone notice he ran into the third place marker (almost knocked it over) when he pulled in after the race :lol. Red bulls pace is worrying, I was wondering halfway through the race if it would have been better to let vettel past into second so he could attack webber and take both of em out :lol. Good result at the end though, couldn't have asked for more. :thumb

FerrariF60
1st August 2010, 16:33
Yep.

McCheaters may have a better f-duct then us, but they are RUBBISH in med and high speed corners...hopefully they keep it up

plus, i thought that for spa we're gonna have a BIG update which includes an updated transmission case which is supposed to work better with the BLOWN DIFFUSER hence giving us MORE downforce.

and also if for whatever reason Red Bulls front wing gets BANNED due to flexing, then they wont' be as fast ANY MORE, and hopefully we'll be the CAR TO BEAT...

FORZA FERRARI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FerrariF60
1st August 2010, 16:34
Did Hamilton have a gear box failure today? does that mean he gets a penalty next race?

I thought it was only a drive shaft problem

Alonsomaniac
1st August 2010, 16:34
Well done, completely maximized the situation by both drivers !
I must admit though that I was also impressed by Webbers drive before his pitstop. Most of the time we do not rate him very high but this was a great stint without any mistakes.
Fernando and Felipe used the car perfectly, no mistakes and Fernando controlling Vettel in a way that must have made the German completely crazy.:-D

FFFerrari
1st August 2010, 16:38
I hope this ends all the "FIA is out to get Ferrari" talk since it's obvious that they have a new target :-D

Alessandra
1st August 2010, 16:47
Excellent result for Ferrari, the best we could have hoped for under the Red Bull circumstances. Tremendous start, almost taking first place, and final third of race laps from Fernando holding off Vettel in a faster car.:ferrarifl:ferrarifl
Hope you all have a good break - although I doubt there will be much relaxation back at Maranello but the travel presumably stops for a short while.

Maybe some of us here can stop obsessing too, at least for a couple of weeks!

SilverSpeed
1st August 2010, 17:31
Spa has 2 long straights which suits the good F-ducts teams like Mccheats and Force India.

But also Spa is a high speed circuit with fast corners which suits Red Bull most off all.

FFFerrari
1st August 2010, 17:34
Hope you all have a good break - although I doubt there will be much relaxation back at Maranello but the travel presumably stops for a short while.

All teams must close their shops and other facilities for 2 weeks during this 4 week break so they will get some much needed R'n'R. This is by the mutual agreement of the teams.

REDARMYSOJA
1st August 2010, 17:37
Flexi-wings are out.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-fia-to-use-stricter-front-wing-tests-in-formula-one/

The FIA is to clamp down on so-called "flexible wings" by introducing more stringent load tests by the next race in Belgium.

The teams are being informed tonight that the governing body is making use of a rule which allows it to change the tests in the course of the season, should it be deemed necessary.

The FIA is to use Article 3.17.8 of the F1 Technical Regulations, which reads as follows:

"In order to ensure that the requirements of Article 3.15 are respected, the FIA reserves the right to introduce further load/deflection tests on any part of the bodywork which appears to be (or is suspected of) moving whilst the car is in motion.

“With the exception of the cover described in Article 6.5.2 (when used in the pit lane), the driver adjustable bodywork described in Article 3.18 and the ducts described in Article 11.4, any specific part of the car influencing its aerodynamic performance:

“Must comply with the rules relating to bodywork must be rigidly secured to the entirely sprung part of the car (rigidly secured means not having any degree of freedom):

“Must remain immobile in relation to the sprung part of the car:

“Any device or construction that is designed to bridge the gap between the sprung part of the car and the ground is prohibited under all circumstances.

“No part having an aerodynamic influence and no part of the bodywork, with the exception of the skid block in 3.13 above, may under any circumstances be located below the reference plane.”

Agron
1st August 2010, 17:45
Well done, completely maximized the situation by both drivers !
I must admit though that I was also impressed by Webbers drive before his pitstop. Most of the time we do not rate him very high but this was a great stint without any mistakes.Their car was 1s faster than the Ferrari at the very least, it's easy to be 0.5-0.8 faster each lap considering he can do so without even going at their limit.
Webber just did what they should have been doing all season, use properly one of the most dominant cars in F1 history; it's incredible someone considered a top driver like Vettel has turned 7 poles into just 1 win.

Great job by Ferrari being so close these last few races, even though here we were fairly behind, it could be because the latest evolutions didn't work properly here and couldn't be used as they were in Germany, where they worked wonders. I'm confident the team will continue to have a very competitive car in Spa and Monza and remain in front of McLaren. We may still have a chance at both championships...

JRX164
1st August 2010, 17:49
Again, wonderful result. Without the safety-car, Ferrari would probably also be 2nd and 4th. But then Vettel would have won instead of Webber. And as I like Vettel a little less than Webber, if prefer this outcome.

Alonsomaniac
1st August 2010, 17:50
We may still have a chance at both championships...

Forget the " may still" :-)

Anni
1st August 2010, 17:55
Nice result, congrats!:-)

Hooligan
1st August 2010, 18:05
:thumbLovely drive from both our drivers1
Now to all the people that after last week reconed that Alonso and Massa should fight for possition, How on earth could you expect Alonso with a identical performing car to pas an agresive defender like Massa if Vettel with a 1 sec a lap faster car can't get the job done. No matter what! let the stronger driver go and do the job or hang up the gloves or go into self destruct mode.
I rest my case.:-!

mandzipop
1st August 2010, 18:31
Great job by the entire team. Thank goodness Alonso managed to keep Vettel at bay.

Can I give a special mention and thanks to Lewis Hamilton. :-D

REDARMYSOJA
1st August 2010, 18:38
I thought it was only a drive shaft problem

Originally reported as driveshaft, but later confirmed as gearbox.

And no, since Hamilton didn't finish the race, there will be no grid penalty for changing it.

28.6 - Unless the driver fails to finish the race (see below) the gearbox fitted to the car at the end of the Event must remain in it for three further Events. Any driver who failed to finish the race at the first, second or third of the four Events for reasons which the technical delegate accepts as being beyond the control of the team or driver, may start the following Event with a different gearbox without a penalty being incurred.

ferrari4life
1st August 2010, 18:53
Originally reported as driveshaft, but later confirmed as gearbox.

And no, since Hamilton didn't finish the race, there will be no grid penalty for changing it.

maybe hope they find damage to the engine then...

raylinds
1st August 2010, 20:05
Great team effort. Given the pace of RB, it was the best we culd expect.

Grillo
1st August 2010, 20:21
Team orders aside, a 1-2 for Alonso in Germany and Hungary is a dream come true for Alonso.

A 2-4 for Massa is really good too.

Both drivers have performed better than in previous races and the car has improved a lot.

Congratulations Ferrari!!!

Stormsearcher
1st August 2010, 20:38
All teams must close their shops and other facilities for 2 weeks during this 4 week break so they will get some much needed R'n'R. This is by the mutual agreement of the teams.

Am willing to bet macca have a secret workshop in some remote location in tanzania or in the amazon jungle where Ron is testing new components and the cars. :-??

Stormsearcher
1st August 2010, 20:40
Team orders aside, a 1-2 for Alonso in Germany and Hungary is a dream come true for Alonso.

A 2-4 for Massa is really good too.

Both drivers have performed better than in previous races and the car has improved a lot.

Congratulations Ferrari!!!

Seems like the car was the problem all along not the drivers. Sure, they've made mistakes, but perhaps those mistakes were forced out of a need to punch much above their weight to get even decent results.
But we are back!!!... hope we continue with this momentum. :-)

racingbradley
4th August 2010, 09:13
Both drivers performed well on Sunday. :-) Hopefully the second half of the season will show a marked improvement of the car. Is there no track where RB has a dip in performance or are we relaying on driver error??????

brava
4th August 2010, 11:50
I don't think we relay on other drivers errors...we have big update coming for Spa