PDA

View Full Version : Newey taken to hospital after crash

Phantom
8th August 2010, 23:04
Newey taken to hospital after crash
ESPNF1 Staff
August 8, 2010

Adrian Newey was taken to hospital for 'precautionary checks' after a crash during a Ginetta sports car race at Snetterton on Sunday.

The Red Bull technical director was nudged off the track by Julien Draper before being hit side-on by Tony Hughes in the G50 Championship.

Newey was removed from the car on a stretcher and taken to for precautionary checks after the race was red flagged.

Ginetta chairman Lawrence Tomlinson confirmed that Newey had escaped serious injury.

"Adrian has been taken to a local hospital as a precautionary measure after being clipped by Julien Draper of Barwell Motorsport which caused Tony Hughes of Speedworks to have a side on collision with Newey's DynoJet car," Tomlinson told Autosport.

"It's testament to the strength of the G50 roll cage that the car withstood heavy impact and there were no serious injuries."

Tech_Skill
8th August 2010, 23:33
LATEST FROM THE BBC

www.bbc.co.uk/redbullare/averagedriversingreat/cars

Apparently the crash happened because Christian Horner nicked the brake components from Newey's car to give to Vettel. He is quoted as saying "Sorry lads, i didn't think taking the brakes would be a big deal, Seb is the number one driver so he gets the key parts no matter what, hope you understand Adrian get well soon"

mad_ani
9th August 2010, 01:59
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4RRBTMzOms

Ferrari_Fanatic
9th August 2010, 04:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4RRBTMzOms

not bad from a number 3 driver loll

redbull gives you wings!

Ferrari_Fanatic
9th August 2010, 04:08
actually i'll change that to Redbull gives you flexi front wings! :clap

Hornet
9th August 2010, 13:07
Glad it was nothing serious

But wow, I had no idea that guy is a race driver as well:-E

Effone
9th August 2010, 13:45
Glad he's ok :)

kaidu
9th August 2010, 16:39
he should stay pitwall rather than play racedriver which he seemingly is not :-)

Liscia
11th August 2010, 16:42
Glad he's okay too. He's very talented and a worthy and honorable opponent who may come to Maranello
at some point? You never know.