PDA

View Full Version : Alonso: “I’ve got 50% chances to win F1 Drivers’ Championship”

steelstallions
10th August 2010, 22:36
http://www.mibz.com/17633-alonso-ive-got-50-chances-to-win-f1-drivers-championship.html

“It only took us two normal races to be fully back in contention for the title. It’s true we are still behind in the classification and it is always better to be in front, but I am convinced that in the final sprint, by which I mean the last two or three races, we will be closer to the top than we are now. The important thing is to remain calm and concentrated and to do our job well.”

“It’s hard to say who is my strongest rival: we are all almost equal. Maybe, Hamilton, Button and myself, who have already won a title, will tackle the final rush in a calmer way, having already experienced something similar. Percentage chance? I’d say 50%, which is the normal state of affairs,” Alonso said for the Scuderia Ferrari official site.

who knows, lets get past the next race (which will have more scrutiny of our front wing) and the hearing regarding team orders.
Then we will know if we have the car and the points to make this our year.

Ferrarichamp
13th August 2010, 14:15
I think a 30% chance would be more realistic, it will depend a lot on the car.
If Alonso does pull it off, it will be sweet :champ

FerrariF60
13th August 2010, 15:23
I think a 30% chance would be more realistic, it will depend a lot on the car.
If Alonso does pull it off, it will be sweet :champ

I too think that a LOT will depend on the car’s performance, especially with the BIG update we’re having for next race.

If the update IS, WILL and (HAS TO) be working the way it suppose to, and we’re able to close the gap on red bull (not worried about McCheaters at the moment as they can’t even figure out the “flex” wing....lol), and we pass the screutiny (spelling) of our front wing, then i’d say that we might have the 50% chances like Alonso said.

But for it in order to happen, we have to have FLAWLESS weekends from now to the end as well as ending up on podium on all remaining races but not only that....WE HAVE to have at least 3-4 wins if not more out of the remaining races...

THEN I WOULD SAY WE CAN DO IT....after all, we are FERRARI, we have the best capable people working for US, and most importantly working AS A TEAM which last and foremost counts the most at achieving OUR GOAL...

Forza Ferrari, Fernando, Felipe

Paulpg87
13th August 2010, 18:57
Alonso 20%

Hamilton 50%

Webber or Vettel 30%

AP_
13th August 2010, 19:50
I think it's Webber&Vettel 50%, Hamilton%Alonso 40% and Button 30% chances to win WDC.
Now when Alonso is clear no. 1 he'll have better chances to fight title.

NJB13
14th August 2010, 10:22
Alonso, Webber, Vettel and Hamilton all have a chance of winning the WDC. Button is only mathamatically in the hunt because of incredible good luck with his pit stops which gave him 2 races. He won't win races on his driving skill.

Katu
14th August 2010, 11:14
Alonso, Webber, Vettel and Hamilton all have a chance of winning the WDC. Button is only mathamatically in the hunt because of incredible good luck with his pit stops which gave him 2 races. He won't win races on his driving skill.

Button won't win because when he comes close to that, Macca will screw him