PDA

View Full Version : In memory of Enzo Ferrari

shostak
14th August 2010, 11:50
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/2510/100813861015enzoferrari.jpg

Maranello, 14th August - It is twenty two years since Enzo Ferrari passed away. On behalf of all our collaborators, owners and fans of the Maranello marque, our thoughts turn to the man who created Ferrari.

"It is important for all our fans, as well as our collaborators, especially the younger ones, to remember Enzo Ferrari,” said Luca di Montezemolo. “A man who, with oustanding brilliance and obstinate determination, was able to transform a dream, considered by some at the time to be pure folly, into a sporting and industrial reality which is admired and envied world-wide.
I'm sure that our founder would be very satisfied to see the international presence his company is now present internationally with ever more innovative cars and constantly amongst the front runners of Formula 1."

Those who wish to pen their own thoughts on the Founder can send a message (in English or Italian) to press.office@ferrari.com and the most significant will be published over the next few days at the formula1.ferrari.com site.

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/100814_F1_In_memory_of_Enzo_Ferrari.aspx

:bow:bow

epiclyaddicted
14th August 2010, 12:47
Rest in peace signor Enzo. :bow

Salvador Dali
14th August 2010, 13:51
Grazie Il commendatore!

Can't even imagine life without Ferrari! What a man...

Ant Raikkonen
14th August 2010, 13:53
Rip enzo ferrari. Total legend, no doubt.

Tifoso
14th August 2010, 16:03
Eternal rest grant unto him, o Lord...

A true racing legend.

Rob
14th August 2010, 16:44
andato, ma non dimenticato , grazie per la tua ereditŕ e la passione da corsa . Rest in peace Enzo Ferrari. Thankyou. Im sure be very proud of your red cars today.

REDARMYSOJA
14th August 2010, 17:41
God Bless Enzo!

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x207/Starcowboy/Enzo/other/mugello.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x207/Starcowboy/Enzo/other/1736316--346x212.jpg

F2007KR
14th August 2010, 18:49
Rest in peace, Enzo. Your company is in good hands.

Liscia
14th August 2010, 19:23
He will remain a hero to me and is persistently in my memories to this day.

schuey612
15th August 2010, 09:29
rest in peace il comandator. it's impossible to imagine f1 and the motor industry without his name there. he didn't just make his own dreams a reality but his marque continues to make the dreams of the tifosi come true, especailly in the past years.

watto2
15th August 2010, 10:40
In 1964 during a coach holiday to the Italian G P at Monza we were extreemly fortunate to see Enzo Ferrari in the pits during the Saturday practice session, his visiting a race was apparently a very rare event. Although we only saw him from the grand stands it is an occasion I will always rember.

dfunk257
15th August 2010, 11:52
ENZO IS ALIVE!

goferrarigo
15th August 2010, 13:10
RIP Enzo. Without you cars wouldn't be the same.

shostak
18th August 2010, 16:02
Maranello, 17 August - So many of you have written in from all over the world, to offer a thought on Enzo Ferrari, on the twenty second anniversary of his death. As from today and throughout the week, we will publish some of the most significant messages on the special section of Ferrari.com, dedicated to the Scuderia:

An affectionate memory of Drake
I recall Drake with affection, as the creator of a legend that is stubborn in its hold on people. Despite so many difficulties, he made the Ferrari marque famous throughout the world and made us proud to be Italian. Furthermore, I believe the Commendatore was able to forge, as he liked to say, the dreams of us all, to the extent of creating magnificent works of art, capable of causing ecstatic feelings on a par with those invoked by a picture by Caravaggio. I like to imagine him, happy up there, at the wheel of one his masterpieces, with his beloved son Dino alongside him.
Diego Capoccetta, Italy

Thoughts on Enzo Ferrari
Enzo Ferrari has left a legacy through his Ferrari brand. It's amazing how with a dream, passion, motivation, leadership and drive, a great tifosi following has occurred. Enzo Ferrari is a great role model in terms of never giving up, overcoming all odds and adversity, and producing amazing cars that people are enthusiastic about. Enzo's enthusiasm has obviously been shared with those who work at Ferrari and to those associated with Ferrari. Enzo Ferrari produced more than just a car. He created a following, a fan base, a buzz. Us fans pick up on this enthusiasm and passion - something which is difficult to explain in words, but can be felt, as Io sono un tifoso Ferrari!
Forza Ferrari
Denver Bunzel, Australia

Message to my hero, Enzo Ferrari
thank you for making the world a better place to live, thank you for the passion, thank you for the hope of waking up every day wondering if i´ll have the pleasure to see a Ferrari roaring down the streets. Thank you for the dream!
Renzo Valencia, the biggest Ferrarist from Perú

Enzo
Dear Scuderia,
I am your big fan from Czech republic. And I can be your fan just because that exceptional man, Enzo Ferrari founded this amazing team more than 80 years ago, and I am grateful to him for that.
I don´t remember him, because I was born in 1995, 7 years after his death, but I read and listened much and much things about him. Every time Scuderia wins, I remember him and I know it´s primarily.
his hard work. He has done lot of good things. I hope, Enzo, wherever is he now, is happy. He deserve it.
Yours sincerely
Pavel Šašek, Czech Republic

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/100818_In_memory_of_Enzo_Ferrari.aspx

Maranello, 18 August - So many of you have written in from all over the world, to offer a thought on Enzo Ferrari, on the twenty second anniversary of his death. As from today and throughout the week, we will publish some of the most significant messages on the special section of Ferrari.com, dedicated to the Scuderia:

Enzo Ferrari
Enzo Ferrari! A name as evocative and iconic for petrolheads, as the motorcar itself; perhaps even more so! The man behind today's dynasty that holds all of Formula 1 records and builds the best and fastest supercars on the planet, is a bigger than life figure, a genuine legend. From humble beginnings he fought through adversity and managed to be regarded in Italy and around the world as holier than the Pope himself. This explains why the Pontiff paid a visit to il Commendatore, perhaps the only time in modern history that the Pope visited someone instead of the other way around! The Great Man embodied the meanings of passion, leadership and success. His God-like status made the best engineers, mechanics and drivers wanting to race for his team and the result was unprecedented success. A heritage that lives and thrives to our days, with Luca di Montezemelo being a worthy successor to the legendary Old Man. Forza Ferrari!!!
Alex Antonoglou
Thessaloniki, Greece

In Memory of Enzo Ferrari
This is for the man who made me want to be an engineer, who made us all dream about a fastest future, who made us cry with the roar of an engine, the man who I admire the most, he who turn my life color into red, for Enzo Ferrari, the man history will never forget and neither do i, grazie Enzo, grazie mille.
Juan Pablo Boils Ojeda, Spain

You are the man
I really have no words that can explain my feelings around Enzo and his innovations and passion for racecars!
Every day since I was very young I have dreamed of owning my own Ferrari or at least going to Maranello just to feel the same air that Enzo used to breathe in..
I remember my teacher was not happy when I out marked Maranello in a European map at school when I was 12 Years old!
I still remember my first Ferrari T shirt my uncle bought me as a gift in 1984-85, It was from Ferrari of Houston, I was as proud as can be for Years and I used It from it was bright Yellow until turning almost white. I also remember Eddie Murphy driving a 308 GTS in "Beverly Hills Cop" and from that day Pininfarina also took a part of my life... I even bought my first die cast model in 85.. a 288 GTO ( It is still as new!)
For many times I have wondered; How is it possible that a GREAT Italian man can affect a whole life of a boy (now a man) in little Norway so much? It`s serious; My whole life is affected!
Every person I know links me up to Ferrari , and that is not a joke! Just to see how "bad" this is just take a look at my two lovely daughters carrying names starting with S and F, of course to connect them with Scuderia Ferrari!
My house, my cars, my office and more are places where You can find amounts of Ferrari items, I don´ t think there has been a single week for years where I not have been wearing a Ferrari shirt or jacket!
Our last 3 summer vacations has been traveling to Italy, my Youngest daughter is now 4 Years and she has been to Italy 3 times and to Galleria Ferrari and Maranello 2 times! - beat that. At the age of one she was in Maranello celebrating Ferraris 60 Years anniversary eating Yoghurt at the lawn outside the Ferrari Store right outside the Ferrari Factory watching modern and classic Ferraris passing by - for hours!
Last summer I reconstructed my own house to fit an garage at my property so everything should be ready for in the far future a day of my life when I hopefully would by my Own Ferrari....and this summer the long dreamed anticipated day come true! - I bought my self a Ferrari!
In a few weeks a shining classic will be well cared for here in my "Giallo" and "Rosso" garage - MY 308 GTB WILL ARRIVE!
Again, It`s hard to explain in words what Enzos life and passion has done to me and my life but it`s incurable!
Thanks Enzo, Thanks Alfredo, may You rest in Peace! and to You Piero; thanks for taking the Ferrari soul in to the future!
Ferrari 4 ever
Finn Richard Hansvold
Norway

Enzo Ferrari
Enzo Ferrari, the Ingegnere, an individual of singular will, fully committed in the field to which he is perfectly suited. He had laid the foundation so well through a carefully orchestrated campaign of men, team and factory that his enterprise fully deserved the fare and instant recognitions worldwide. The combinations of egoism, gamesmanship, promotion and performance simply make the magic of Ferrari flourished.
Kelly Chow

My thought for Sir ENZO FERRARI
I’m Arpit Rathi from Chennai India. I have been a fan of FERRARI since my childhood FERRARI has inspired me . I’m doing my Automobile Engineering. Sir ENZO FERRARI has given the world one of the best creations of mankind. I hope I could share my love for FERRARI my words seem very weak but believe me my love is strong There are two lines that I would like to share
"The grace of FERRARI hit me like a ray of sunlight , and it comes back everyday "
"MY love for FERRARI is immense, but deeper is my pain for what we lost on this day ,R.I.P Sir ENZO FERRARI "
Thank you for spending your valuable time in reading my Email
With lots of Respect,
Arpit Rathi
FERRARI fan from India

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/100818_F1_In_memory_of_Enzo_Ferrari_-_Chapter_2.aspx

epiclyaddicted
18th August 2010, 19:10
Wow, that's absolutely epic! Thanks for posting that shostak!

So proud to be a tifoso! :ferrarifl

Aussie
19th August 2010, 05:31
Rip brother

aroutis
19th August 2010, 06:33
The story of that Finn guy , really gave me the chills..

Absolutely fabulous.

Rest in peace Enzo ,and thank you for the dream :)

shostak
19th August 2010, 15:35
Maranello, 19 August - So many of you have written in from all over the world, to offer a thought on Enzo Ferrari, on the twenty second anniversary of his death. As from today and throughout the week, we will publish some of the most significant messages on the special section of Ferrari.com, dedicated to the Scuderia:

In memory of Enzo Ferrari
It is seven after one. Outside, it’s raining cats and dogs. A short while ago I read the piece on Facebook and the last lines prompted me to write this mail in memory of a great man. He was farsighted and had great self belief, which are hard virtues to find these days. With many companies that have started well, once they are left to the children, more often than not they then close down. It’s a sad reality I have seen here in my home town, but it is something a lot of Italians have experienced. We need more courage to uphold the honour of our nation. No one could match Enzo Ferrari for courage and, starting from nothing, he built the fastest cars in the world and then…well, everyone knows the story, the legend that is Ferrari. I end with congratulations for the film made a few years ago on the life of Mr. Ferrari. I also hope that this year, the 20 point gap to the leaders will be cut back very soon. Dreams are contagious, but they can become reality can’t they?!
Best wishes and forza Ferrari.
Alessandro Fila (BI), Italy

Enzo Ferrari
Twenty two years have passed since the death of Enzo Ferrari, on 14 August 1988, but his legacy is more alive than ever. Today, as in the past, his creations are the most noble expression of the “Made in Italy” badge. In all corners of the earth, there is great admiration for the products of the Prancing Horse. The legend of the “reds” is inescapable and no one can resist it. Ferrari is a dream that unites everyone, on a wave of emotion that intoxicates the heart. Nobility and the common man, entrepreneurs and the humble worker, Russians and Americans, all united under a flag of passion that moves to a mechanical sound wave. This is all down to the efforts of those who grew with engines in their veins, but above all it is because of the determination and intelligence of its founder.
So, thank you “Ingegnere” for having produced these timeless masterpieces! Thanks for having given life to these rockets that have written so many memorable pages in the sporting and technical worlds!
Rosario Scelsi
Isnello (PA), Italy

For Enzo Ferrari
I am a young girl and I am following F1 since 2007, so it is not a long time, but since then my life has changed in an almost every way - my new passion and helped me in choice of my way of life. I have decided I will be an engineer and I am dreaming to work for Scuderia, and it is all because the Team which was created by Mr Enzo. When I look at all these things which he had reached and his love for cars and motorsport it motivates me to work harder as I can. If only I had an opportunity to say something to Mr Ferrari I would say "Thank you for everything. You are my Hero".
Julietta G. from Poland

Enzo Ferrari
Enzo Ferrari - one of the greatest man in the world.
I think he founded the best factory and of course the best race team ever. A fantastic man. He will always be in our hearts.
There are a lot of words that could describe our lifestyle on planet Earth now, and one of them is Ferrari. This is a serious achievement.
And I'm very proud that the current management and all of the people working in Ferrari continue to make Ferarri the best.
With best regard
Andrei Toemkin, Russia

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/100819_F1_In_memory_of_Enzo_Ferrari_-_Chapter_3.aspx

shostak
20th August 2010, 15:55
Maranello, 20 August - So many of you have written in from all over the world, to offer a thought on Enzo Ferrari, on the twenty second anniversary of his death. As from today and throughout the week, we will publish some of the most significant messages on the special section of Ferrari.com, dedicated to the Scuderia:

I wasn't born when Enzo died (I'm 16 year old),but I read about him,heard about him,.. and he was just a great man.
He kept believing in his team and in his brand. With result,Scuderia Ferrari started winning more and more.
He created not just a team,he created a legend and he will always stay the most important part of it.
All Ferrari-fans knows his story,he didn't had a easy life.
He had a very hard time when his son Dino died,but he never give up. And because he never gave up,we never give up!
I think it's very sad that he wasn't there anymore when Ferrari and Schumacher dominated the Formula 1.
He would be so happy and so proud. I wish that he could see howmuch Ferrari-fans that there are in the world and how they support the team every race.
So Enzo,thank you for everything! Scuderia Ferrari has always been a very strong team and that's all thanks to you.
You were a great man and I'm proud to be part of YOUR team!
Catya Leroux
Belgium

Dear Ferrari:
Enzo Ferrari is one of the very few men who have dared to love and live their dream.
Others who doubted this dream only strengthened Enzo's determination to live his dream more fully and with each and every challenge his resolve grew stronger as did that of those who shared his dreams. Enzo inspired all of those around him to achieve excellence, to be the world best, to put not only their knowledge but their passion into their work and into their life.The realization of Enzos dream has brought prosperity to many parts of the world and there are many people in the world who owe his great spirit a debt of gratitude! Each and every time a person sees a Ferrari automobile and every Formula 1 weekend, we all have the chance to share in the fun, the excitement, the passion and the love of automobiles that Enzo Ferrari's dream has bestowed upon the world!!!
Kind Regards,
Mark A. Stephens

Dear Enzo Ferrari, you were right when, one day you said: "In Formula 1, champions come and go, but Ferrari will be there forever!"
Franco Mancuso, An owner from Switzerland

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/100820_F1_In_memory_of_Enzo_Ferrari_-_Chapter_4.aspx