PDA

View Full Version : What I have Learned About F1 this season from Planet F1, Autosport and BBC 606 Forum.

Tech_Skill
15th August 2010, 12:29
When McLaren closed in on Red Bull in terms of speed at Canada and other circuits,

'Ferrari are very poor developers, Italians cannot develop cars and the only reason Ferrari dominated F1 was because they had foreigners running the team.'

When Ferrari brought major updates to the car during the last few races, which saw them leapfrog Mclaren.

'Ferrari have had the 2nd best car ALL SEASON and that its a miracle Hamilton and button have managed to lead the championship, Hamilton has been driving a dog of a car all year long and he has outperformed the car in a senna-esque fashion.'

*When Alonso joined Ferrari*

'Alonso cannot handle a fast teammate like Massa, as soon as Massa starts beating Alonso, Alonso will cause trouble inside Ferrari.'

*Alonso hands massa his ass for most of the season*

'Its in Massa's contract that he has to lose Alonso, thats why Alonso is beating him.'

'Massa isnt the same driver after his accident.'

'Santander are telling Massa to lose to Alonso to protect their investment.'

*When Alonso passed Massa going into the pitlane*

'That's disgraceful, passing your team mate like that, Alonso is not a team player.'

*When Alonso doesn't pass Massa in Hockenheim*

'Alonso Is a disgrace, he should have passed Massa by any means necessary, he cheated Massa'.

When Mclaren introduced the F-Duct sparking a row over moveable aero devices

'The other teams are just mad cos they didnt think of it, its an ingenious idea, forget the spirit of the rules, Formula one is all about Innovation, Mclaren are the best developers'

When Red Bull and Ferrari introduced Flexi front wings which passed FIA tests

'This is a disgrace, these teams are clearly cheating, look at Mclaren's front wing, it doesn't even move, they are following the spirit of the rules and other teams aren't, ban the devices.'

*When Hamilton out qualifies button by several tenths*

'Jenson is showing the true pace of the car, Hamilton is just outperforming the car in a senna esque manner, he is da bess.'

*When Hamilton speaks about the lap afterwards and says the car is even faster than that and that he made a mistake and lost valuable time.....

'That Mclaren isn't even the 3rd best car, the Renaults are clearly faster, Hamilton drove another faultless lap, he gets every last bit of performance out of the car'

*When Alonso out qualifies Massa by 0.5 of a sec*

'The Ferrari is clearly the fastest car in F1, Alonso should have got pole, Hamilton would have got pole in that car.'

'They have obviously done something to Massa's car to make sure he is slower than Alonso.'

*After Overtaking the Safety car, Hamilton says afterwards he doesn't remember what happened*

'These F1 drivers are on the limit for so long, he was probably concentrating on the rest of the race, we believe lewis, he's known for telling the truth, if he says doesn't remember, that's it, case closed.'

*After Massa moves over in Hungary Alonso says he didn't know Massa was gonna move over*

'Typical Alonso, unrepentant, he doesn't care about the team or the integrity of the sport, he knew every single detail that was being discussed in the Ferrari pit lane and he organised the whole thing, the boss of Santander was also in the garage and he helped Alonso Cheat Massa.'

*When Ferrari decide to keep Massa and not sign Kubica*

'It's all down to Alonso, he picks the drivers, he was so scared of Kubica after seeing Heidfeld beat him and that's why Ferrari wouldn't sign him'

Ant Raikkonen
15th August 2010, 12:38
Lol. that all sounds about right, yep

Katu
15th August 2010, 13:09
all true :lol

Hermann
15th August 2010, 13:48
autosport+ P-F1= trolls heaven. They like it that way there.

epiclyaddicted
15th August 2010, 13:52
:rotfl Brilliant thread!

Agron
15th August 2010, 14:01
Lol, everything true, and it's not just a few trolls that think that, those seem to be the prevalent oppinions there. But considering many of the senior members could only be classified in their behaviour as self-righteous haters at best, respected trolls at worst, you really can't expect anything good.

LAROSA SpA
15th August 2010, 14:09
:lol very good

That's why we are over hear, & not on PF1 !

TheProdigalSon
15th August 2010, 14:15
This is absolutely what i thought, I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Its so effin true!

Italian Spirit
15th August 2010, 17:04
Brillantissimo, Tech_Skill ! :clap

One of the funniest reading of the season!

I would really like to know who said what (or wrote it). Not that it makes a difference, in the Idiot of the Year contest they would all get the first prize.

Tifosi
15th August 2010, 18:19
When Mclaren introduced the F-Duct sparking a row over moveable aero devices

'The other teams are just mad cos they didnt think of it, its an ingenious idea, forget the spirit of the rules, Formula one is all about Innovation, Mclaren are the best developers'

When Red Bull and Ferrari introduced Flexi front wings which passed FIA tests

'This is a disgrace, these teams are clearly cheating, look at Mclaren's front wing, it doesn't even move, they are following the spirit of the rules and other teams aren't, ban the devices.'

:lol

REDARMYSOJA
15th August 2010, 21:39
Peter Windsor actually said this in his Hungary race report in the latest addition of GPWEEK magazine.

It's extremely easy for both Red Bull and Ferrari to declare their legality - their cars passed scrutineering, after all - and for the FIA, in turn, to say that all four cars comply with the technical regs. For Lewis Hamilton to be scratching to qualify fifth, however, something must be wrong. McLaren have given everyone else the idea for rear wing stalling (the F-Duct); it would only be fair if they were allowed now to join the wing-flexing division.

http://mag.gpweek.com/

:roll:roll:roll

NJB13
15th August 2010, 21:42
Spot on Tech-skill

theforce
16th August 2010, 09:16
makes sense to me:lol. I wonder what they'll say when they lose the championship.:Hmm

Sempre_Ferrari
16th August 2010, 09:25
I have it in good authority via email from one of the Planet F1 founders who sold it and now run Pitpass that all the news on Planet F1 is not only second hand but also mostly drivel with "selected quoting" used to stir things up.

I sent a mail to Mike Lawrence rewarding an article about the whole team order debracle in which I was slightly disappointed in the way that piece was written. Needless to say he replied and offered some info. I've pasted the entire mail in quotes below, some of which I have left out as it's a bit disturbing and will only serve to cause problems in here and I do not want to create another negative thread.

The article can be found here...http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_feature_item.php?fes_art_id=41717

Sent by me to Mike:

Hi Mike

I usually like reading your articles, however, I think you flopped in this instance.

Your bias towards Ferrari and Alonso is made VERY clear and it surprises me that a journalist of your calibre can so easily resort to bias and name calling (big girl’s blouse??). I thought journalists were meant to be objective. No mention of other teams doing exactly the same thing albeit more discreetly smacks of hatred towards a certain team / driver to me.

However, this mail servers only to show my disappointment in the article and I will continue to read Pitpass as long as it’s objective and free of insults to any team or driver as it mostly has been.

Kind Regards
Aramis Cano
Reply from Mike:

Dear Aramis

A journalist must be impartial when reporting facts, but I do opinion pieces for Pitpass, I express my opinion and, like your opinion, my opinion has bias.

My take on history is firmly based, and history formed a large part of my piece.

I was one of the first journalists to highlight Alonso as a major talent and he has disappointed me with his recent behaviour, which is unforgivable.

I also know that his attitude towards Hamilton is in a large part ........... He (Alonso) mislaid his cell phone, someone picked it up and read through text messages to see to whom he should return it. Lewis was in one of the messages ..........

I called him a big girl's blouse because that is the way he has behaved in the last three races. What other term could I use?

I have no bias against Ferrari, I merely regard them as I regard every other team. Some people treat them as a special case, I do not. I make no apology for treating Ferrari as I treat every other team. You cannot point to an instance of anti-Ferrari bias in my piece because there isn't one. Ferrari broke the rules and that is what I said.

Cheers

Mike
And my reply:

Hi Mike

Thanks you for the reply.

I was not aware that it was an opinion piece so apologies for that. The reason I mailed you my thoughts is because after refusing to read news or comments on PlanetF1 anymore due of their obvious bias and constant bashing of any non McLaren team /driver I decided to use Pitpass rather and would hate to see it go the same route.

Anyway, thanks again.
Regards
Aramis
Mike's final reply:

Dear Aramis

I had picked up your name and where you live, the za on your mail address is a give-away. I thought that you would not be impressed by the cell phone story.....

I hope that you get English irony.

Chris Balfe and I built up Planet F1 from a few hundred readers to more than 100,000. It was taken over and the new owners realised they could save money by employing people in South Africa, for peanuts, who would not do any actual journalism but merely surf the Net. Planet F1 is all second-hand material.

Chris and I now do Pitpass, with a little help from our friends. We try to be innovative and we have a lot of friends in Formula One. I cannot say who, we protect our sources, but think high, then go higher. And a bit higher still. Higher.

Of course I am not going to name drop, we protect our sources.

One thing you can be sure of, Alonso now knows that I regard him as a big girl's blouse. The piece has been read by the Ferrari guys and they will not be able to resist telling him. It's English humour. The beauty of the phrase is that it has no direct translation, which is why I used it.

My best

Mike
P.S: I know most of you are going to want to know what the censored bit is about but the only way it will get posted here is if the mods pm me asking for the info and if they decide it's ok to post I will so please don't request that I post if before that....and sorry for the long post ;-)

Hermann
16th August 2010, 10:38
'Alonso's recent behaviour', 'unforgivable' good grief did he murder someone or what?? In a forum this would be classic troll behaviour.

And i doubt Fernando will be even slightly interested in what that guy from pitpass has to say about him. Some journalists really have a very high oppinion of themselves...

Meiga
16th August 2010, 11:23
I have it in good authority via email from one of the Planet F1 founders who sold it and now run Pitpass that all the news on Planet F1 is not only second hand but also mostly drivel with "selected quoting" used to stir things up.

I sent a mail to Mike Lawrence rewarding an article about the whole team order debracle in which I was slightly disappointed in the way that piece was written. Needless to say he replied and offered some info. I've pasted the entire mail in quotes below, some of which I have left out as it's a bit disturbing and will only serve to cause problems in here and I do not want to create another negative thread.

The article can be found here...http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_feature_item.php?fes_art_id=41717

P.S: I know most of you are going to want to know what the censored bit is about but the only way it will get posted here is if the mods pm me asking for the info and if they decide it's ok to post I will so please don't request that I post if before that....and sorry for the long post ;-)
I fully understand your reasons for censoring bits of the story. However, you have left enough of it in your post to make people think the worst of Alonso (I am an Alonso supporter and therefore not likely to look for something negative between the lines, but in this case the implications were crystal clear to me). If you really wanted to eliminate a disturbing part in your email exchange you should, if I may say so, have made no reference to it whatsoever, but the way you did it did not serve your purpose - particularly when another story about a phone that was mislaid in the paddock and which contained certain messages that referred to Hamilton has been circulating around the internet, with details of said messages!

The only caveat to put both stories together is that the second one stated that the phone belonged to a senior member of a team other than Ferrari or Renault, Alonso's two latest teams, but I don't think that this will stop people from making the link in their heads and accepting it as the gospel truth, whether that is the case or not.

All in all, a very serious accusation to make. (Edit: not by you, but by the person who made it).

Sempre_Ferrari
16th August 2010, 11:30
Read into it what you want, all I can say is that I'm not aware of any news circulating the internet regarding the cell phone issue and if that's is the case ..... well then I guess it ain't no secret.

Please understand that I left that it the mail as it shows that Mike had / gave his reasons for writing what he did about Alonso....who is my favorite driver by the way...

cheers

Greig
16th August 2010, 11:38
Mike has a history of anti-Ferrari opinions I believe some other members have had convo's with him in the past about it :-)

What's the story about the mobile phone then?

Pitpass have lots of 2nd hand news stories as well :-)

Hermann
16th August 2010, 11:40
I for my part am not interested in that kind of girl's gossip about what was written on private cell phones. And pitpass has done enough Alonso- bashing over the years, i doubt that guy needs a 'special reason' for permanently doing so.

Sempre_Ferrari
16th August 2010, 11:53
Mike has a history of anti-Ferrari opinions I believe some other members have had convo's with him in the past about it :-)

Well that's exactly why I mailed and asked him, cause to me it seemed clear that he's very anti Ferrari and Alonso and that this wasn't just a once off opinion. That IMO is unacceptable if you are a reporter (having bias)...you have just reaffirmed my suspicions thanks :thumb

Tech_Skill
16th August 2010, 12:20
Well that's exactly why I mailed and asked him, cause to me it seemed clear that he's very anti Ferrari and Alonso and that this wasn't just a once off opinion. That IMO is unacceptable if you are a reporter (having bias)...you have just reaffirmed my suspicions thanks :thumb

PM, me the full email please, its obvious what being implied here, what's being implied is that Alonso has been making racist statements towards Hamilton right?

Can I have the full contents of the Email please?

Meiga
16th August 2010, 12:26
Read into it what you want, all I can say is that I'm not aware of any news circulating the internet regarding the cell phone issue and if that's is the case ..... well then I guess it ain't no secret.

Please understand that I left that it the mail as it shows that Mike had / gave his reasons for writing what he did about Alonso....who is my favorite driver by the way...

cheers
Don't get me wrong, I understand that you were just posting his views and not those of your own.

In any case, and to be totally clear: a story about a "senior employee" of an F1 team being recently fired because he borrowed a phone that he then returned without deleting one message of a racist nature (message that referred to an unnamed person, which everybody assumed was Hamilton) has been circulating the internet since last June. Although the site that initially posted the story is anything but reliable, it immediately fired wild speculation about who it may have been. Because of the background given on the story, everybody pointed at a certain team which certainly is neither Ferrari nor Renault.

I am sorry to have brought this up - I was under the impression that it was widely known, obviously that was not the case, but once I referred to it I thought that it was probably better to explain what it was rather than to leave it open to speculation (which could be even worse than the original story). As Hermann said, this is useless gossip and not the type of contribution that I was intending to make to this forum. I humbly apologise to all of you, and particularly to Sempre Ferrari, for this, I will be more careful in the future :oops

Edit: Mods,could you please let me know if you prefer me to delete all these posts? Again, my apologies.

Hermann
16th August 2010, 12:37
I think its referring to this article:

http://www.holymoly.com/celebrity-news/blind-items/guess-sports-driving-person47130

I never heard about this being linked to Fernando in any case. Aside from those who think he is also responsible for the change of the global climate and every poop in China.

Alessandra
16th August 2010, 12:38
Nothing wrong wth a 'big girl's blouse' (Alonso) but 'pants' (M. Lawrence) that's........less attractive, by a long way!!

I cancelled my subscription to Pitpass last week and have felt better for it ever since:-)

Red_Diamond
16th August 2010, 15:47
You don't have to read these sites if you dont like what they have to say. Ferrari have always been under criticism from the British press there is nothing new.

Suzie
16th August 2010, 17:56
I've read that blind item before. There's absolutely nothing in that story to link it to Fernando, or Ferrari. Holy Moly posts a load of rubbish to be honest - there's a similar site called Popbitch that once posted a rumour about 'Fernando Massa' - so it shows how much those sites know about F1.

Also - if Mike from Pitpass is claiming that it was Fernando, isn't that beyond slanderous??

aroutis
17th August 2010, 08:37
It is amazing how Mike Lawrence is so ... sensitive when it comes to Ferrari and says all he says. I'd very much love to see what he said when McLaren did the very same thing back in Germany 2008...

It sort of cracks me up when he talks bout how McLaren has two crews, two drivers and all that .... stuff (ahem, another word came to mind).

I mean, seriously.. .

Greig
17th August 2010, 08:40
I am sure Mr Lawrence was very quick to back McLaren over spygate, telling us how everyone spies and how its not a crime, yet he dismisses everyone else using team orders to attack Ferrari, quite see through really with his opinions :-)

Tifosi
17th August 2010, 22:23
I remember his bias all to well, and his sensibility....... and his inability to defend his bias and sensibility :-D. Quite shameful really.

Brakefade
18th August 2010, 04:11
Quit paying attention to Lawrence. He's an idiot and deserves to be ignored, end of story. What you guys are doing here, is exactly what this old, dust farter, wants.

steelstallions
18th August 2010, 06:28
Chris and I now do Pitpass, with a little help from our friends. We try to be innovative and we have a lot of friends in Formula One. I cannot say who, we protect our sources, but think high, then go higher. And a bit higher still. Higher.

but think high well considering your bias, OK one of the sub-contract Mclaren gravel washer's?

then go higher, not the gravel washer...... Gravel washers tea lady? She's your mum and gets to talk to all the gravel washers?

And a bit higher still heck not your mum..........a guy who used to know a guy who knew a guy who worked at Mclaren?

Higher........I give up, don't have a clue, for all i know you just make it up as you go along :lou

vagos
18th August 2010, 08:12
hahaha very good read indeed hahahahahaha

Hermann
18th August 2010, 11:21
but think high well considering your bias, OK one of the sub-contract Mclaren gravel washer's?

then go higher, not the gravel washer...... Gravel washers tea lady? She's your mum and gets to talk to all the gravel washers?

And a bit higher still heck not your mum..........a guy who used to know a guy who knew a guy who worked at Mclaren?

Higher........I give up, don't have a clue, for all i know you just make it up as you go along :lou

:rotfl

Sempre_Ferrari
18th August 2010, 12:06

sound about right :lol