PDA

View Full Version : Important improvements from Shell in SPA

shostak
19th August 2010, 11:56
FA ( a well-informed net surfer) has got important news about Shell & Ferrari:

Shell will supply since SPA a new formulation of gasoline and lubricant especially (being heralded as 'revolutionary') for the Ferrari engine. The data of the company according to their simulations announce an improvement of 7% in consumption and 5% in power, figures that seem 'somewhat' optimistic.
Further improvements and no less important is the reduction of the temperature generated by the propeller, so far there have been no figures on the percentage of improvement in this section.

This is very important for SPA & Monza.

Ste
19th August 2010, 12:14
Whoa, that will be great if it's true. Like that quote says though, the figures seem somewhat optimistic. :-)

steelstallions
19th August 2010, 12:44
Hope its not this fuel :-E

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10666502

Shell in court over misleading ad claims

Ads for oil giant Shell misled consumers by giving them the impression they could travel "appreciably further" by using the company's petrol, a marketing expert testified today.

Shell New Zealand is defending 22 charges laid by the Commerce Commission under the Fair Trading Act.

Ste
19th August 2010, 12:55
Hope its not this fuel :-E

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10666502

F1 cars don't use road car fuel. :-D

NJB13
19th August 2010, 14:39
Interesting, and true or not, if we do have a big improvement at Spa then it may just add to other teams confusion on what to try and copy from us

justjesper
19th August 2010, 14:42
That is great news.
Does that mean we can run 7% longer on a fuel tank ? That is incredible , 7% wow, I'm stunned if that is true.

and 5% more power.
Outstanding Shell

Greig
19th August 2010, 15:13
Would mean we run 7% less fuel at the start, nobody races with enough fuel to last the race (at full speed)

Naeem
19th August 2010, 15:21
I suspect with the long straights at Spa and Monza with overtaking relatively easy, we may have to run fuller tanks than usual hence a 7% reduction in consumption may be highly beneficial.

justjesper
19th August 2010, 15:23
Would mean we run 7% less fuel at the start, nobody races with enough fuel to last the race (at full speed)

Yes or 7% longer on a full tank, same same.

We can run 7% longer on x amount of fuel :lou

Greig
19th August 2010, 15:25
Yes or 7% longer on a full tank, same same.

We can run 7% longer on x amount of fuel :lou

Just need to increase the race by 7% then to be any benefit? lol doubt the rest will agree though :-s

FerrariF60
19th August 2010, 17:35
So if this is true, having 5% more power from this new Shell blend would mean (hipathetically speaking) on a 700HP engine we get an extra 35Hp??

And if we are able to run 7% longer with the same fuel we’d normally put in at the start of the race, that would mean that we can put 7% LESS fuel at the beginning of the race and (be a lot lighter then the rest) and still be able to finish the race...

If it’s ALL TRUE, that would be just AWESOME.

TheProdigalSon
19th August 2010, 17:48
It does sound good in theory, lets just hope it makes a difference.

RedRebel40
19th August 2010, 20:38
5% more power is a huge number, I don't think this is true. its around 35 more HP from a single fuel update. I mean engine updates over a season gave around that number :)

FerrariF60
19th August 2010, 22:05
5% more power is a huge number, I don't think this is true. its around 35 more HP from a single fuel update. I mean engine updates over a season gave around that number :)

maybe we'll be running rocket fuel....he, he...

Tifoso
19th August 2010, 22:16
Just need to increase the race by 7% then to be any benefit? lol doubt the rest will agree though :-s

Am I missing something? :oops

If we can start carrying say (to be safe), 5% less fuel....how big is an F1 tank? :oops

Say 100 liters, so you could run with 95 liters. If the fuel was water (yes I realize that it is lighter ;-) ), that's 5 liters=5000ml=5000gm=10+ pounds throughout the race.

Or am I nuts? :oops

bobi_ve
19th August 2010, 22:33
Am I missing something? :oops

If we can start carrying say (to be safe), 5% less fuel....how big is an F1 tank? :oops

Say 100 liters, so you could run with 95 liters. If the fuel was water (yes I realize that it is lighter ;-) ), that's 5 liters=5000ml=5000gm=10+ pounds throughout the race.

Or am I nuts? :oops

That is great news.
Does that mean we can run 7% longer on a fuel tank ? That is incredible , 7% wow, I'm stunned if that is true.

and 5% more power.
Outstanding Shell

I mean it's 7% less oil-consumption and 5% more KW in engine !!!(1kw=1.34hp) :Hmm

Tifoso
19th August 2010, 22:40
I mean it's 7% less oil-consumption and 5% more KW in engine !!!(1kw=1.34hp) :Hmm

Ahhh, OK. That makes sense :-)

Brakefade
20th August 2010, 02:25
If it's true you can bet your bottom dollar (or euro, or pound) that Mr. Hypocrisy (Horner) and Mr. ICan'tFigureOutTheFlexiWings (Whitmarsh) will ask the FIA for "clarification".

Ferrari_Fanatic
20th August 2010, 03:38
If it's true you can bet your bottom dollar (or euro, or pound) that Mr. Hypocrisy (Horner) and Mr. ICan'tFigureOutTheFlexiWings (Whitmarsh) will ask the FIA for "clarification".

lmao!

and.....? so what if they did what could they do about it.... nothing! no rules have been broken no engine mods loll will have to change Whitmarsh name to LetsHopeMobile1GiveUsMoreBHP

Lithium
20th August 2010, 06:30
These numbers do sound a bit too good to be true, but you never know... These oil companies bring improved fuels and lubricants all the time, that's why they're in F1. I remember that TOTAL brought improved fuel/lubricants for Renault (and thus RedBull) at least once this season, I'm sure it improved their numbers.

That would be funny, except that it will never happen, as TOTAL (Renault/RBR) and I'm sure ExxonMobil (McLaren) do the same thing. Let's just hope that SHELL do something really special this time, just as these numbers suggest...

Astro1
21st August 2010, 21:57
What is the source of this "amazing" information?

justjesper
21st August 2010, 23:20
FA ( a well-informed net surfer) has got important news about Shell & Ferrari:

What is the source of this "amazing" information?

I was just looking around to find it my self, and the only place I can find it is here :-) but apparently its from FA, who ever that is

Astro1
22nd August 2010, 00:08
I actually searched around and it has spread to other sites, but no source is to be found. This thread, is the oldest instance of the text online for now. In any language. Regardless, I'd love to find a source because if this information is to be believed, it would mean a 40hp increase from fuel alone and then there's a 7% increase in fuel economy? Smells poopy.

FrankAlfa
22nd August 2010, 01:47
If it is true, it is wonderful news!

Forza Ferrari!!!!

REDARMYSOJA
22nd August 2010, 03:41
I was just looking around to find it my self, and the only place I can find it is here :-) but apparently its from FA, who ever that is

Yeah, my same thoughts. But I do hope it's true.