PDA

View Full Version : Kimi doubtful of F1 return

steelstallions
21st August 2010, 03:04
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12473_6325256,00.html

Former world champion Kimi Raikkonen has hinted that he will not make a comeback to Formula One.

The Finnish driver made a switch to the World Rally Championship for this season when he failed to secure a deal with a new team following his exit from Ferrari.

He has shown glimpses of promise over the season - coming fifth in the Rally of Turkey - but overall Raikkonen has struggled to get to grips with the series.

The 30-year-old has also been at the centre of rumours of a return to grand prix racing, with Renault reportedly interested in his services.

But Raikkonen has now said that although he would have offers to return to Formula One, he believes his career in the sport is finished.

"I would have the opportunity to go (back to F1) but I think I've seen off that career," he told MTV3 Germany.

Cannot say I blame him, he had already lost his total motivation for the sport and will have not driven F1 for over a year if he makes a comeback next season.
I imagine he would get more money staying where he is than going back to F1 who would be wary of employing ex champions after MS showed its no guarantee of instant success.

Greig
21st August 2010, 07:59
Good :-D

Suzie
21st August 2010, 10:37
I would like to see him back :oops

Salvador Dali
21st August 2010, 10:46
Kimi Raikkonen may yet race in Formula One in 2011 after revealing there may be offers on the table for him to return to the sport.

The 2007 world champion moved to the WRC with Citroen in 2010 after Ferrari bought out the remaining year on his F1 contract. But with his rally contract only for the current season, speculation is rife that the Finn will return to Formula One, possibly as Robert Kubica's team-mate at Renault.

"It's not that I had no offers there [in F1]," Raikkonen told Turun Sanomat. "If I had wanted to be there now, I am sure I would have been driving. But there was nothing sensible, so I chose something else."

Raikkonen added that the wheels were in motion for next season but refused to be drawn on his most likely move.

"We will see. There are still a number of things to be done and it may be that nothing happens."

Who knows what is the truth... We will see I guess.

Rishu
21st August 2010, 11:20
Who knows what is the truth... We will see I guess.

Yeah
Sour Grapes. Trust me, he is dying to come back :-)

Stormsearcher
21st August 2010, 12:29
Kimi doubtful of F1 return ---- Good. :clap

Salvador Dali
21st August 2010, 12:30
Well dont know about sour grapes thing but I know for a fact that Kimi had offers to drive in 2010 but I have no idea about 2011. When Merc GP was made public reporters asked Kimi about that and he said no way as they wanted 2 Germas... We all thought that was never going to happen, even Houg said at the time that they didn't want 2 Germans and we know how that turned out...

For me Kimi was always super honest coss he never gave a *piiii* about politics. I tend to belive him, but with 2 different storys and all with his quotes it is hard for me to know what he realy said. News storys can get distorted realy fast...

Stormsearcher
21st August 2010, 12:33
Yeah he doesnt sound or look like the person to play politics, say one thing and do another etc., but i think he knows he shot himself in the foot in his lack lustre performances in his last 2 seasons.
Besides, i think after nick heidfeld, he is the most boring person in F1. I couldnt care either way, if he came back or not.

NJB13
21st August 2010, 12:45
Yeah he doesnt sound or look like the person to play politics, say one thing and do another etc.

Do these words seem familiar "I have a contract for 2010" and I will drive for Ferrari next year :-)

Ste
21st August 2010, 12:49
Good :-D

Just what I was about to write!

:-D

Salvador Dali
21st August 2010, 13:31
Do these words seem familiar "I have a contract for 2010" and I will drive for Ferrari next year :-)

Well he did have a contract and i guess Ferrari paid him to go and drive WRC in a way... :-P

goferrarigo
21st August 2010, 14:33
i am glad aswell if he doesnt come back.:-D

racingbradley
21st August 2010, 14:49
As long as he's not with us yes i would like to see Kimi back in F1.
He would be interesting in a Red Bull. I firmly believe something wasn't right at Ferrari for Kimi. Maybe he missed Ron.!!!!!!!:lol
How could the exciting gutsy driver change so much??????:-??

Kingdom Hearts
21st August 2010, 16:03
I like Kimi, but I'm not going to waste a single second of my time thinking about a driver that can drive in F1 and don't want. Thanks for the good times Kimi, have fun in the WRC. Bye, bye.

justjesper
21st August 2010, 23:09
Isn't it a bit early for all this driver talk. I guess I should just not read about it as it's almost never true and just fires every one up on the subject.
For me, it just look like F1 is so boring that the media or teams need to fill the news with nonsense about drivers. Or is it a way for the drivers to create a hype about them self.
Last year I was not a big fan of Kimi, now I miss him :-)

SCHUEYISDABEST
22nd August 2010, 13:28
Well he won his first ever WRC stage today (A Super special) so he is getting better in WRC, might as well stay!

Katu
22nd August 2010, 13:55
i certainly won't miss his sparkling personality

Stormsearcher
23rd August 2010, 13:48

lol.. that wasnt a lie. That was wishful thinking. to be read as "i've been performing below , but i still hope they let me drive next year. pretty please"