PDA

View Full Version : Alonso highest paid driver

goferrarigo
21st August 2010, 09:03
Alonso got revealed as the highest paid driver on the grid. He is currently getting paid 30 million euros and Hamiliton came in second with almost half the amount, a measly 16 million euros:-(
http://www.marca.com/2010/08/19/motor/formula1/1282234323.html?TB_iframe=true&height=650&width=850

Salvador Dali
21st August 2010, 10:42
If Alonso is getting 30 mill and Massa gets 14 mill so that would mean 44 millions just for the drivers. If we speculate that Ferrari has a budget of around 400 millions (based on 2008 figures - sorry I don't find any more recent figures but from what we have heard it must be even lower...) that would mean that the driver "eat" more than 10% of all the money. Than that is a huge amount imho!

It coul be that Alonso got the same kind of a deal like MS had. Ferrari would pay it's drivers just a portion of what they earn and the rest is up to their sponsors... That would make more sence and in this way Ferrari could lower their budget in the years to come without having to resort to lesser drivers or pay cuts. But since I don't have copys of Formula Money it is hard to know the real figures and in the end it is all just guess work...

Suzie
21st August 2010, 10:45
If Alonso is getting 30 mill and Massa gets 14 mill so that would mean 44 millions just for the drivers. If we speculate that Ferrari has a budget of around 400 millions (based on 2008 figures - sorry I don't find any more recent figures but from what we have heard it must be even lower...) that would mean that the driver "eat" more than 10% of all the money. Than that is a huge amount imho!

Do Santander pay some of Nando's wages? Either way I feel sorry for him having to struggle on such a pittance.
Don't forget Ferrari are paying Kimi too ;-)

Stormsearcher
21st August 2010, 11:31
Its quite possible that the 30 mill is inclusive of his pay thru endorsements, and not necessarily what just Ferrari are paying him. I doubt any team will pay a driver 30 mill euros as salary for a year.

Salvador Dali
21st August 2010, 12:21
Do Santander pay some of Nando's wages? Either way I feel sorry for him having to struggle on such a pittance.
Don't forget Ferrari are paying Kimi too ;-)

I thought Santander paid Ferrari to let go of Kimi... Either way Ferrari had to get more with Santander and Alonso or they would just waith one more year to make the deal.

But yeah some drivers do get way too much money for doing what they love and on the other hand some drivers have to pay too much money to get a shot at F1. But then it is almost the same in all top sports (football, basket ball, F1, ...). Insane really.

epiclyaddicted
21st August 2010, 14:06
Its quite possible that the 30 mill is inclusive of his pay thru endorsements, and not necessarily what just Ferrari are paying him. I doubt any team will pay a driver 30 mill euros as salary for a year.

Wasn't Schumacher said to be earning close to a 100mil at his peak, including all his endorsements and merchandising?

goferrarigo
21st August 2010, 14:25
I think that on the article it said that Alonso got 30mil with no endorsements or sponsor money. He must be a pretty minted guy:-P