PDA

View Full Version : Advice on F1 journalism

Meiga
27th August 2010, 18:17
I would be interested in following one or two Italian journalists covering F1, could you please tell me who would you recommend?

Thank you in advance! :-)

Hermann
27th August 2010, 18:51
I can only tell you whom not to follow unless you are Anti-Alonso: Turini. He is definitely on my personal ignore-list.

Meiga
28th August 2010, 09:56
I can only tell you whom not to follow unless you are Anti-Alonso: Turini. He is definitely on my personal ignore-list.

I have read a few articles from his blog and, apart from the fact that I agree with your opinion regarding his negative bias towards Alonso, I found those articles devoid of any interesting insight on the sport: they seem to be a compilation of self-promoting statements and attemps at witty-commenting about the personal behaviour of people who work in F1 and who Mr. Turrini's claims to know intimatelly well (somehow I find it difficult to fully believe him, but I may of course be very wrong) and feels entitled to dismiss as almost useless despite said people track record. I was not very impressed...

In any case, I understand that although Mr. Turrini is currently working as a sports journalist for a couple of newspapers he actually covers football, and not F1.