PDA

View Full Version : Heidfeld out, Senna in......

Alonsomaniac
24th August 2011, 21:28
Heidfeld will be replaced by Senna immediately.
No Ferrari news, but nevertheless it could be important.
It is the first time Bruno Senna is given a reasonably competitive car.
And remember that Ayrton Senna once said: "If you think I'm fast, then just wait for Bruno".

Tifoso
24th August 2011, 21:45
Fairly certain he was referring to him (http://www.racer.com/bruno-andrade-joins-bha-firestone-indy-lights-lineup/article/206846/)

:lou

Suzie
24th August 2011, 21:46
I've a feeling that Bruno will then be replaced by Grosjean somewhere down the line.

Greig
24th August 2011, 21:52
money talks :-D

Ste
24th August 2011, 21:53
money talks :-D

My thoughts exactly. Didn't prove anything at HRT. Karun was better.

TheProdigalSon
24th August 2011, 22:08
Well DC you no longer have to keep to trying to say Heidfield properly now.

epiclyaddicted
24th August 2011, 22:14
Well DC you no longer have to keep to trying to say Heidfield properly now.

:lol And Martin will no longer have to keep correcting him! :-D

Alonsomaniac
24th August 2011, 22:25
Fairly certain he was referring to him (http://www.racer.com/bruno-andrade-joins-bha-firestone-indy-lights-lineup/article/206846/)

:lou

Nope.

Katu
24th August 2011, 22:27
i won't miss him - with 11 years he achived nothing

Alonsomaniac
24th August 2011, 22:29
My thoughts exactly. Didn't prove anything at HRT. Karun was better.

Could be money, I don't know.And maybe he is no good at all. But Ayrton thought different about him - at least when Bruno was a young kid.
And in the one friday-drive he had this year he was almost as fast as Petrov.
And yes, Ayrton was a "slow-starter" too in his career. But once he got going....we all know the rest.

Greig
24th August 2011, 22:35
Almost as fast as Petrov is hardly a big selling point :-D

Alonsomaniac
24th August 2011, 22:55

Hehe, true (although Petrov isn't that slow) , but let's just wait and see what happens.
The guy never had a decent car before, so if he can drive he will show it now.
I don't really have any reason why, but somehow I think he is much better than we thought. But if I'm wrong I'll be first to admit it.

GamD
24th August 2011, 22:56
Heidfeld will be replaced by Senna immediately.
No Ferrari news, but nevertheless it could be important.
It is the first time Bruno Senna is given a reasonably competitive car.
And remember that Ayrton Senna once said: "If you think I'm fast, then just wait for Bruno".

Really? Think is was being impartial?
Very few driver get given a reasonably competitive car when they join F1, what makes them rise to the top is how they perform with what they are given.
I think we will see the same as we saw with HRT

scuderiafan
24th August 2011, 23:48
chandhok was good for hrt, yet was awful for team lotus.

he got some preseason preparation.

senna I think will not do well, because testing is banned.

Corey
25th August 2011, 01:38
Some guys out there might probably think this should happen to MS too. Let the old names retire and breed new racers.

killer
25th August 2011, 02:05

Fernando couldn't pass him. :-D

*ducks

Nova
25th August 2011, 02:54
So we finally get to see Senna (Bruno) in a reasonably priced car...

M.K
25th August 2011, 05:50
For me Nick is biggest disappointment in season, the guy was not that far from Kubica and now he can't beat Vitaly.

Kingdom Hearts
25th August 2011, 07:43
Very sad, not because I have anything against Senna but because the way Renault has behaved with Heidfeld, they are blaming a poor car (minus first races) and non existent car development on Heidfeld, when te problem is the team and the team principal.

epiclyaddicted
25th August 2011, 07:50

:lol

racingbradley
25th August 2011, 08:19
:rotfl

Very sad, not because I have anything against Senna but because the way Renault has behaved with Heidfeld, they are blaming a poor car (minus first races) and non existent car development on Heidfeld, when te problem is the team and the team principal.
I feel very sorry for Nick. What a way to leave F1 :-)

Rishu
25th August 2011, 09:00
I feel very sorry for Nick. What a way to leave F1 :-)

Kubica's Accident got him this seat, else, he was out of F1 last season. 11 years, not a single win for Quick Nick, He should depart to be honest & let youngsters get chances

Katu
25th August 2011, 09:26

it's not the first time Renault driver who gets sacked in the middle of the season. only difference is that Heidfeld shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Rob
25th August 2011, 09:26
Hasnt done anything, hasnt really helped lead the Renault like what he was brought in to do. Yeah, they havent developed the car that great. Think give Bruno a chance, he deserves have a race in a better car, better team. How can these younger drivers get in an drove themselves that they can cut it and race. We need more young drivers.

As for Grosjean, he has done well in GP2. But he has only done what Pantano done few years before him. Come to F1, have bit of a shocker. Go to GP2 and clean up. Now i feel sorry for Pantano, he won the title in 2008, i think, and no F1 team touched, all the other past GP2 champions got F1 race seats. With Grosjean Renault boss say win title and have race seat, bit unfair on Pantano. But thats life, he has moved on and good luck to Romain.

schumi1
25th August 2011, 11:19
Good luck Bruno

Ken
25th August 2011, 13:00

:rotfl

scuderiafan
25th August 2011, 21:56
so, heidfeld is not Happy.

EDIT: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93943

sagi58
25th August 2011, 22:15
so, heidfeld is not Happy.

I wouldn't be, either; but, is this going to help or hinder him, in the end? Yes, he is proving he won't be a push-over
for anyone and that he expects contracts to be fulfilled. However, I see this as a lose-lose situation for him.
If he wins the lawsuit, he'll be "forced upon" the team and I don't see that as being healthy! If he loses, is there a
team who will be willing to sign him on, knowing there may be a risk of a lawsuit?

Corey
26th August 2011, 00:37
I wouldn't be, either; but, is this going to help or hinder him, in the end? Yes, he is proving he won't be a push-over
for anyone and that he expects contracts to be fulfilled. However, I see this as a lose-lose situation for him.
If he wins the lawsuit, he'll be "forced upon" the team and I don't see that as being healthy! If he loses, is there a
team who will be willing to sign him on, knowing there may be a risk of a lawsuit?

Well said, but what do we expect him to do now? Sit back and keep quiet?

sagi58
26th August 2011, 01:24
Well said, but what do we expect him to do now? Sit back and keep quiet?
No, but as "they" say, don't get mad, get even.
He might consider looking for another seat and scoring a few points?:Hmm

NJB13
26th August 2011, 04:46
I've never been a big Nic fan. Having said that, I guess it all depends on the contract. But, if Nic has kept his side of the deal then I don't see a reason to suddenly change. If the teams doing this for $ then that's pretty poor form IMO.

sagi58
26th August 2011, 11:14
As the saying goes, "Contracts are meant to be broken"...
ask Kimi!!

Speaking of which, Kimi left with his head held high and
said nothing derogatory about Ferrari... Nick Heidfeld is
not doing himself any favours with this lawsuit, IMHO!!

Tech_Skill
26th August 2011, 11:42
ask Kimi!!

Why should he not take them to court, they made an agreement with him and then broke it.

If nick was leading the WDC and then suddenly decide he didnt want to drive for renault anymore, do you think they wouldnt take legal action against him to get him to fulfill his contract?

Katu
26th August 2011, 11:59
ask Kimi!!

i'm not sure if Kimi knows much words, he hardly spoke more than 'yes'
none of us know how long nick's contract is, i bet renault is waiting for kubica to come back. i'm sure nick knew that sooner or later it'll be over, but he didn't imagine they'd give his seat to someone else than kubica

SilverSpeed
26th August 2011, 18:38
quick nick ain't quick enough :-D

EL NANO
26th August 2011, 22:20
It will take someone with talent to help develop that lotus/renault and Petrov aint it... Bruno is to raw yet... bet they are missing Kubica right now as he is a leader driver not just a ice cream eater :-P

EL NANO
26th August 2011, 22:24
In all fairness to Nick he has not has the time to settle in the team, it takes 2 years really to get your groove, Petrov on the other hand is mediocre at best but daddy has $$ so he keeps his seat???? .. hopefully we will get thought this GFC and see real talent in F1 seats such as ALO, KUB, MAS , HAM... not rich kids

sagi58
27th August 2011, 02:08
Why should he not take them to court, they made an agreement with him and then broke it.

If nick was leading the WDC and then suddenly decide he didnt want to drive for renault anymore, do you think they wouldnt take legal action against him to get him to fulfill his contract?
First of all, I didn't intend he doesn't have the right nor that he doesn't have a good case!
What I said is that he isn't doing himself any favours, meaning in the eyes of other F1 teams,
who may be potential employers. Nick can pursue a lawsuit to the fullest extent of the law;
however, he will be the only one that can determine if it's worth the risk to his career.

Suzie
27th August 2011, 09:25
First of all, I did intend he doesn't have the right nor that he doesn't have a good case!
What I said is that he isn't doing himself any favours, meaning in the eyes of other F1 teams,
who may be potential employers. Nick can pursue a lawsuit to the fullest extent of the law;
however, he will be the only one that can determine if it's worth the risk to his career.

Yes but perhaps other teams wouldn't treat him as shoddily as Renault have, and therefore the threat of a lawsuit would never arise.
Fair play to him for taking it to court - clearly his contract didn't state that he could be replaced with a day's notice; as I understood it I thought he was supposed to be in that car until the end of the season/Robert came back.

Greig
27th August 2011, 10:00
I think he should fight them in court just to show that contracts in F1 do actually mean something, even if he wins he should not drive for them though :-D

brembo man
27th August 2011, 10:07
Bruno was Renault's reserve driver, and supposed to have replaced Robert. He was pushed aside for an outsider, Nick. Nick did what Nick is great at, nothing. A loser. How do you move a driver up from rookie status if you don't let him drive? Worse case senario, Bruno would have done the same as Nick for Reno nothing.But at least he would be more experienced for next year. There a miserable bunch bosses over at Reno and deserve what Nick gave them. I wish the best for Bruno.

Alonsomaniac
27th August 2011, 11:06
Still it's a strange picture , a man called Senna driving a car in those colors......

Forzi
27th August 2011, 13:15
So much for the bought seat by Senna. More then 1s diff between him and Petrov.

Ferrari_Fanatic
27th August 2011, 13:32
was i the only person impressed with Senna today!?

Alonsomaniac
27th August 2011, 13:36

No, but I already said before I thought he could be fast.....

REDARMYSOJA
27th August 2011, 13:37

Nope. I was also.

Well done Bruno!

M.K
27th August 2011, 13:39
I'm not saying I ever was fan of him, but this is impressive.

scuderiafan
27th August 2011, 13:45
wow, i was wrong about him.

well done bruno, he proved me wrong.

NJB13
27th August 2011, 13:59
Got to say it was a top effort by him today. If he can back that up and build on it then he will prove a few people wrong.

sagi58
27th August 2011, 18:29
Not looking very pretty, is it?

Renault chief hits out at dumped F1 driver Nick Heidfeld (http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Sport/Story/STIStory_706525.html)

SPA-FRANCORCHAMPS, Belgium, (AFP) - Renault team chief Eric Boullier on Friday rejected all suggestions that he had promoted Bruno Senna for financial reasons - and then launched a scathing attack on dumped German driver Nick Heidfeld.
As Heidfeld's management confirmed they are preparing to take legal action against Renault for breach of contract at a High Court hearing in London, due to be heard on Sept 19, Boullier went on the attack.
In an exceptional verbal onslaught, he accused 34-year-old Heidfeld of lacking leadership and speed and said he had not become part of the Renault team since being drafted in as an emergency replacement for injured Pole Robert Kubica.
Boullier did admit, however, that Renault had failed to produce a competitive car and had struggled through a disappointing 2011 season to date.

brembo man
27th August 2011, 23:35
If Bruno does great all his fans like me and Massa will be very happy! If not Reno can feel comfortable anyway knowing Nick woud prob. have finished worse. Win, win situation for those undeserving bums at Reno. Meanwhile will Massa have to do a Rubens and help get Alonso up front. Meanwhile,what a joke, no Ferrari, no Todt, no Shummy. Maybe if any of his fans work at the track they can let Shummy jump up and down on the podium before the race .

Hermann
2nd September 2011, 17:40
Nick Heidfeld and Renault formally part company

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94188

I hope he will be driving for BMW at DTM next year. I have been waiting for that already! DTM is the right place for him- can't wait to see the new BMW touring cars!

Alessandra
2nd September 2011, 18:32
I like Nick Heidfeld, but he does have a genius for getting in the way of faster drivers. I loved the title given him by some drivers - 'the moving chicane'.:lol

siberianlady
2nd September 2011, 21:30

I hope he will be driving for BMW at DTM next year. I have been waiting for that already! DTM is the right place for him- can't wait to see the new BMW touring cars!

Even if he does do DTM next year he will be buried by the likes of Priaulx and Farfus...

epiclyaddicted
2nd September 2011, 23:28

Off topic... but the M3 DTM concept that BMW released a few weeks earlier looked insane! I hope the final car looks exactly like the concept!

Hermann
3rd September 2011, 07:22
Even if he does do DTM next year he will be buried by the likes of Priaulx and Farfus...

Probably, but its going to be highly entertaining at least :lol

Katu
3rd September 2011, 08:03
Off topic... but the M3 DTM concept that BMW released a few weeks earlier looked insane! I hope the final car looks exactly like the concept!
i liked it too, a lot!

Stormsearcher
4th September 2011, 05:30
but let's just wait and see what happens. The guy never had a decent car before, so if he can drive he will show it now.

Makes you wonder about the others on the grid. Other than the top 6, maybe 8 drivers, the rest are driving fairly uncompetitive cars. One wonders what a perez or a kobi will do in a Mclaren, RB or a Ferrari. They deserve a chance too. This paid driver BS shud be stopped. :-D

I know a team needs all the money it can get, but it somehow feels wrong.

brembo man
4th September 2011, 11:15
I think both Perez and Pastor paid to drive. Carlos Slim, and Hugo Chavez. Senna $$ is no where in that catagory.

Alonsomaniac
4th September 2011, 11:30
According to Renault Senna does not pay for his drive.
Of course his driving will attract sponsors says Renault and that's indeed more than welcome, but he is not a driver paying for his seat.
They were simply not satisfied by Heidfeld and decided to put Bruno in and see what happens.
Is this true? I don't know of course, but I do not see any reason to lie about it either.

brembo man
4th September 2011, 11:32
I heard that before and do believe it to be true.