PDA

View Full Version : 458 Top Gear

Nova
6th September 2011, 02:34
I was kind of put off by the Top Gear that aired tonite in US..basically picking the Mac as the better sports car over the 458...cmon fella's...

So if you want to see another test, go to youtube..checkout the 5th Gear vid where Tiff Needal (bad spelling) and another driver take both the 458 and the new Mac for some track time...their conclusions are quite different than what I saw on TG..Thats the 1st TG I didnt care for...but I still like them...I think secretly Jeremy still loves the 458..heck, James owns a 430..

My pick? U have to ask?

Rob
6th September 2011, 07:02
The 5th Gear test was alot more, well they didnt hold back on the MP4-12C. Plato hated it, he couldnt "feel" the car. They loved the 458. I was very surprised by their comments when i watched that episode.

epiclyaddicted
6th September 2011, 07:53
Not sure about Top Gear US, but in the UK one, all three of them agreed that on paper the Macca is a better car, but the 458 is the one they'd rather go for because it's so much more exciting and it looks and sounds so much better.

Nova
6th September 2011, 13:57
The 5th Gear test was alot more, well they didnt hold back on the MP4-12C. Plato hated it, he couldnt "feel" the car. They loved the 458. I was very surprised by their comments when i watched that episode.

Yes, I liked their test much better...I was a bit surprised, looks like Mac tried to do 1 better, more hp n whatnot, I like the new mac, but it aint a 458.

Nova
19th September 2011, 02:38
I saw 2..count em..2 458's this week....yazaa..my very 1st sightings of this killer car...
to see 1 in person is quite a jolt after looking at pix...