PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari back in Le Mans in LMP1 class, possibility or a distant dream?

Tifoso84
2nd October 2012, 22:17
Wouldn't it be great to see a Ferrari back in top class of Le Mans 24h race one day? For me it would be an absolute dream come true.
Ferrari belongs to Le Mans just as much as it belongs to Formula 1. AF Corse team has done a great job at keeping Ferrari's name victoriously in Le Mans in the lower classes. But I really think it's about time for Ferrari to get back to the highest level in Le Mans.
What's your opinion fellow Ferraristas?
In the attachments below you'll find some pictures of what Ferrari's LMP1 class racing car might look like.
:ferrarifl

Tifoso
2nd October 2012, 23:49
Wouldn't it be great to see a Ferrari back in top class of Le Mans 24h race one day? For me it would be an absolute dream come true.
Ferrari belongs to Le Mans just as much as it belongs to Formula 1. AF Corse team has done a great job at keeping Ferrari's name victoriously in Le Mans in the lower classes. But I really think it's about time for Ferrari to get back to the highest level in Le Mans.
What's your opinion fellow Ferraristas?
In the attachments below you'll find some pictures of what Ferrari's LMP1 class racing car might look like.
:ferrarifl

The first pic, hands down. It is stunningly gorgeous. :love

Now I want us back in Le Mans, too. :wine

Rob
3rd October 2012, 06:14
As much as i would love to see a fully backed LMP1 programme from Ferrari. As long as we F1 team, there will never be a full factory backed car. Luca D had said about full return to Le-Mans 24hrs few years ago when he was guest of the ACO. GTE is not lower class, it is the pinnacle of GT racing, and to be winning that with car based on road car, be great for marketing and sales. But, then, look what happened to Aston Martin last year, they stepped up to LMP1 and lets face it that AMR-01 was a dog of a car.

There is a prototype built, but it is not been sanctioned by the factory, was built by multi millionaire and based on the F430 Scuderia chassis.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ferrari/2011-ferrari-p4-5-competizione-ar99144.html

Tifoso84
3rd October 2012, 16:29
Wow, thanks a lot Rob for that link :thumb
Interesting reading...

Tifoso
3rd October 2012, 16:36
As much as i would love to see a fully backed LMP1 programme from Ferrari. As long as we F1 team, there will never be a full factory backed car. Luca D had said about full return to Le-Mans 24hrs few years ago when he was guest of the ACO. GTE is not lower class, it is the pinnacle of GT racing, and to be winning that with car based on road car, be great for marketing and sales. But, then, look what happened to Aston Martin last year, they stepped up to LMP1 and lets face it that AMR-01 was a dog of a car.

There is a prototype built, but it is not been sanctioned by the factory, was built by multi millionaire and based on the F430 Scuderia chassis.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/ferrari/2011-ferrari-p4-5-competizione-ar99144.html

Another gorgeous car :love

Nova
7th October 2012, 13:33
I dont think Ferrari has the resources nec to maintain top fights in F1 and that division.
Nonetheless, look at the 458's especially this year. Something like 5 different world championships.
Fisi and the guys winning the 24 Lemans? I think its been a banner year for Ferrari in GT racing.
I would like to see a Ferrari developed for that, as when u look at the cars in that division, they are gorgeous,
but I have to salute the GT Ferrari's, their drivers and teams, and the Ferrari factory, for giving them
the car to win all of these races.

458 Italia
8th October 2012, 10:46
Not gonna happen as nice as it would be!

LMP2, GTE Pro and GTE Am winners at Le Mans would be awesome! (LMP2 because no petrol can compete with the diesels)

zakfourie
4th December 2012, 14:38
I dont think Ferrari has the resources nec to maintain top fights in F1 and that division.
Nonetheless, look at the 458's especially this year. Something like 5 different world championships.
Fisi and the guys winning the 24 Lemans? I think its been a banner year for Ferrari in GT racing.
I would like to see a Ferrari developed for that, as when u look at the cars in that division, they are gorgeous,
but I have to salute the GT Ferrari's, their drivers and teams, and the Ferrari factory, for giving them
the car to win all of these races.

Where can I find all the teams involved in Ferrari GT racing? Ferrari do supply customer teams don't they?