PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari builds bob for Italian national team for next Winter Games

Greig
19th March 2013, 20:26
Maranello, 19 March – A delegation from the Italian team visited the Ferrari factory today to take consignment of the bob designed and developed by the sports car manufacturer for the 2014 Olympic Winter Games.

After the positive experience in Vancouver in 2010 and London in 2012, CONI and Ferrari decided to proceed with their technical collaboration for the upcoming Winter Games which will be held next year in Sochi in Russia. Apart from the bob, the other sports benefitting from the contribution of the Prancing Horse are skiing, snowboarding, ski-jumping, cross-country and short track. Furthermore the partnership which started with the Olympics in London for summer sports - canooing, kayaking and archery - will proceed, too.

The CONI - Ferrari team started to develop a two-man bob for Vancouver 2010, and it was also used at the Youth Olympics in Innsbruck in 2012, where the Patrick Baumgartner/Alessandro Grande team took the gold medal.

CONI and FISI asked Ferrari to proceed with development of the bob in order to be able to start the season leading up to the 2014 Games with a competitive sled. The technicians from Maranello, together with those from the Federation and from CONI, first started analysing the previous project, then concentrated their work on the evolutionary interventions and finally on construction and assembly of the new bob. After redesigning the chassis mechanics, optimising the aerodynamics and the structural integration of chassis and keel, the new bob is ready for the first tests on the track, which will start in two weeks in LaPlagne (France).

Rosso Corsa
21st March 2013, 08:51
I wonder if it utilises exhaust gases? I know I'd produce some if I went in one.

fratelliferrari
21st March 2013, 09:57
That bob has to be lightning fast:rotfl

REDARMYSOJA
21st March 2013, 18:31
Just watch, the FIA will try to declare it illegal.

rochas
21st March 2013, 19:06
Hope they wont have wind-tunel correlation issues :-P

Tifoso
21st March 2013, 20:37
In Italian it's called a robertosled, right?

Rosso Corsa
22nd March 2013, 08:13
In Italian it's called a robertosled, right?

:-D The bobsled Labobsled

radosav
22nd March 2013, 08:39
where are the wheels on that thing ?