PDA

View Full Version : What football team does everyone support?

Gerhard Berger
9th May 2013, 14:35
I hope there are some Italian Serie A followers here :)

I support Inter. It is quite similar to supporting Ferrari. Both had good success for a period of time, both had a big drought of not winning anything and both have had plenty of near misses and heartbreaking moments.

fratelliferrari
9th May 2013, 15:51
I support in my own country the Football Club NAC Breda, but Iam afraid no one on this forum knows the club. It's a very nice club with very enthousiastic fans, like Ferrari :lol! The consumption of Beer is the biggest at NAC Breda (with around 18.000 visitors each home game) of all clubs in the Netherlands even more than Ajax and Feyenoord (with around 50.000 people each home game)!

Tifoso
9th May 2013, 17:51
I hope there are some Italian Serie A followers here :)

I support Inter. It is quite similar to supporting Ferrari. Both had good success for a period of time, both had a big drought of not winning anything and both have had plenty of near misses and heartbreaking moments.

With all due respect: :-E

The Agnelli's own Ferrari and.......Juventus :wine

F2008
22nd May 2013, 23:19
I'm a fan of Anderlecht. Not following the Serie A closely but in my childhood I was always wearing shirts of Del Piero (both Italy and Juve) when playing football. :-)

Nero Horse
23rd May 2013, 14:31
I'm not a big fan of any football club but two of my favorite clubs are Bayern and Liverpool. And from Italy I like AC Milan and well Juve as well I guess...Buffon is a class-act both on and off the pitch and I have a lot of respect for him. :-)

Tobes
23rd May 2013, 19:24
Liverpool fan for thirty odd years, no disguising it's been hard going in recent years, Istanbul seems like a very long time ago, hope Brendan can get some stability and momentum going into next season, we seem to be able to beat anyone on a good day, just far too inconsistent, we need to keep Gerrard fit and feed Luis enough that he doesn't feel the need for a mid game snack... :-D

Think next season with the top three teams having a change of manager could just play into our hands a little, that may well be wishful thinking but like I said, i'm a Liverpool fan...
:pray

I like watching any good game though, I don't support any other team, but enjoy watching good football games, Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG, etc, especially like the big Champion League games, this years semi finals were great games, looking forward to the final, watched a bit of MLS when Becks was at The Galaxy, got to say saw some decent football, maybe not to the level of the top European teams, but they are think mid-table Premiership quality...

Greig
23rd May 2013, 19:29
feed Luis enough that he doesn't feel the need for a mid game snack... :-D

:rotfl

Tifoso
23rd May 2013, 19:38
Liverpool fan for thirty odd years, no disguising it's been hard going in recent years, Istanbul seems like a very long time ago, hope Brendan can get some stability and momentum going into next season, we seem to be able to beat anyone on a good day, just far too inconsistent, we need to keep Gerrard fit and feed Luis enough that he doesn't feel the need for a mid game snack... :-D

Think next season with the top three teams having a change of manager could just play into our hands a little, that may well be wishful thinking but like I said, i'm a Liverpool fan...

I like watching any good game though, I don't support any other team, but enjoy watching good football games, Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern, PSG, etc, especially like the big Champion League games, this years semi finals were great games, looking forward to the final, watched a bit of MLS when Becks was at The Galaxy, got to say saw some decent football, maybe not to the level of the top European teams, but they are think mid-table Premiership quality...

For the top 4-5 teams: agreed. The MLS is decent enough in attack and in the back line; it suffers from pretty bad midfielders, though.

Tobes
23rd May 2013, 20:03
For the top 4-5 teams: agreed. The MLS is decent enough in attack and in the back line; it suffers from pretty bad midfielders, though.

Not too dissimilar to Fulham, West Ham or Norwich... :-)

Nero Horse
23rd May 2013, 21:03
Liverpool fan for thirty odd years

Yea man, Liverpool is a great team with great history.

Massimo
23rd May 2013, 21:04
Juve and Cagliari.

Tifoso
23rd May 2013, 21:52
Not too dissimilar to Fulham, West Ham or Norwich... :-)

True. I am pretty sure that a Premiership (or Serie A ;-) ) team that wasn't a bottom dweller would hand an MLS team their lunch 9 times out of 10. Again, with the possible exception of the top 3 or 4 MLS teams. :-)

Tobes
29th May 2013, 12:43
Yea man, Liverpool is a great team with great history.

History is right, as 'that Spurs fan' pointed out to me recently, Liverpool are like the Williams of football, fantastic and proud history but recent years have been for the most part disappointing, with the exception of Istanbul obviously...
Am really hoping the transition of managers at both Manchester clubs and Chelsea could see them as less dominant forces, am expecting a third place finish at the very least next season...

Nero Horse
29th May 2013, 21:41
History is right, as 'that Spurs fan' pointed out to me recently, Liverpool are like the Williams of football, fantastic and proud history but recent years have been for the most part disappointing, with the exception of Istanbul obviously...
Am really hoping the transition of managers at both Manchester clubs and Chelsea could see them as less dominant forces, am expecting a third place finish at the very least next season...

What's your take on Benitez going to Chelsea last year? My opinion is that he should've come back to Liverpool instead of going to Chelsea where everybody hates him anyway. Benitez was great for Liverpool, things worked while he was there. Rodgers isn't cutting it right now, unfortunately.

Tobes
30th May 2013, 08:53
What's your take on Benitez going to Chelsea last year? My opinion is that he should've come back to Liverpool instead of going to Chelsea where everybody hates him anyway. Benitez was great for Liverpool, things worked while he was there. Rodgers isn't cutting it right now, unfortunately.

I really like Rafa, think he is a very good coach, but am unconvinced about his managerial expertise, the team that won in Istanbul was pretty much Houlliers team, think Alonso and Garcia were the only players Rafa had bought in, both great players no doubt, and he was good at buying already proven players (Torres, Agger, Reina, Mascherano) but the majority of the young players he bought in were mostly shocking and nowhere good enough, and some other players like Aquilani (who was bought to replace Alonso) Degen, Morientes, Dossena, Nunez, Voronin (could go on) were just not Premiership players, I just felt the more control he got over transfers etc the worse it got, his popularity among fans soared when he opposed the much hated owners at the time (Hicks and Gillet) but in reality the team was failing...

I think the reason he did so well at Chelsea was because he had the players were the players he had, end of, he had to make do, in that situation (solely as a coach) I think Rafa is superb, but let him dabble in the transfer market and it's a slippery slope...

I think Rodgers must be given time to get his philosophy into the team, before he turned up, I felt we were a bit too one dimensional under Kenny, don't get me wrong, obviously love Kenny, but felt the long ball (to Carrol) game may have worked last time he managed at Blackburn, but football has moved on, Rodgers has got the team to pass the ball to feet much more, keep possession and play out from the back four, not just oooof it upfield and hope a red shirt gets to it first, this style of coaching and play (which he learnt under Jose) is, I feel, much more the Liverpool way...
Fortunately the mentality at Anfield isn't influenced by the current trend of sacking managers, he will quite rightly be given time to get it right, and I think he will and we'll be a top three team again...

On a mildly related note, I read recently that Chelsea has paid out more in compensation to sacked managers than Bayern Munich has spent on players in the same time...!

Tifoso
25th June 2013, 19:27
We signed Tevez.

Should I be happy? :Hmm

Thoughts?

joeyz_f1
25th July 2013, 07:32
Sunderland AFC in the Premier League, Portland Timbers in MLS. :-)

sagi58
25th July 2013, 13:14
I don't profess to be a big soccer fan; but, in honour of my late "Daddy",
I will take a quick look to see how Juvi is doing!!

http://trivela.uol.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Juventus_escudo.png

kurski
30th July 2013, 13:59
AC Milan, Benfica, PSG, Manchester City, Boca Juniors and Atletico de Madrid.

kaidu
14th August 2013, 17:39
Nõmme Kalju - our Roosad Pantrid :)

my team since...I don't remember how long ago...

If someone knows this team he/she sure is a real football freak :-D