PDA

View Full Version : Montezemolo: “Ferrari and Apple – on the same wavelength”

Rob
4th March 2014, 19:10
Geneva, 4th March

http://i59.tinypic.com/2en216x.jpg
The Ferrari FF has debuted at the Geneva International Motor Show equipped with CarPlay, the simplest, safest way of using your iPhone in the car. Ferrari chairman Luca Cordero di Montezemolo had this to say of the Prancing Horse’s partnership with the Cupertino company: “I am both proud and delighted to announce Ferrari’s collaboration with Apple on CarPlay. We are the first company in the world to offer its clients a car equipped with a system this advanced. It is the result of two years of working on absolutely the same wavelength with a young, extremely innovative company very much at the cutting-edge of technology.” Apple’s vice-president of iPhone and iOS Product Marketing Greg Joswiak also highlighted the extraordinary understanding that existed between the two companies as they collaborated on this innovative, technologically leading-edge project.

“Innovation and technology are essential elements where we are concerned and we found both in the way Apple operates,” added Montezemolo. “We will be doing more good work together in the near future, particularly on cars like the FF and also shortly on the California T which is not a competition model but a car you can get great pleasure from every day. A system like CarPlay, that allows you to safely use and enjoy your phone in the car and can also be controlled using just voice commands, has the innovative component that is so important to us. Being the first to develop this technology is a source of enormous satisfaction to us and proves yet again why Ferrari is a highly innovative, technologically pioneering company that commands such huge respect internationally.” A perfect, synergic partnership between two great brands.

Nero Horse
4th March 2014, 20:00
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cynaDmcGLNw

Liscia
6th March 2014, 16:54
Seriously, not compatible with Android which predominates worldwide? I know an Apple guy
sits on the Ferrari board which is good for pr yada-yada but this may not be a very smart
technical choice/alliance?

justjesper
8th March 2014, 17:05
I think Apple has again been smart here. And Ferrari has sold out on there own brand.
I think it's a bad idea doing business with a company that is known for exploring all tax loopholes and using underpaid workers.
Really, These are the people we wanna be on wavelength with ?

Nero Horse
8th March 2014, 17:50
I think Apple has again been smart here. And Ferrari has sold out on there own brand.
I think it's a bad idea doing business with a company that is known for exploring all tax loopholes and using underpaid workers.
Really, These are the people we wanna be on wavelength with ?

Oh please! Don't be so melodramatic lol. Ferrari just wants to be working together with Apple because they're currently best in the business when it comes to IT stuff.

For example, Adidas and Nike also use underpaid workers (supposedly even child labour) in Asian countries but do you see any athlete or team saying no to their shirts and outfits? I don't think so. Have those athletes and teams also sold out on their own brand then??? No, because they're not responsible for what those companies do behind the scenes, all they want is the best possible clothing and gear, the same applies to Ferrari's partnership with Apple. Ferrari just wants the best possible IT solutions and if Apple can provide them, then so be it.

Tifoso
8th March 2014, 20:53
Seriously, not compatible with Android which predominates worldwide? I know an Apple guy
sits on the Ferrari board which is good for pr yada-yada but this may not be a very smart

Apple rocks! Virus? What virus? :-D

Stino
9th March 2014, 15:50

I have yet to see the first Ferrari owner sporting an Android device to be honest. By the way, it's really interesting to put the marketshare statistics next to the actual usage statistics when it comes to iOS vs Android.

Liscia
10th March 2014, 10:49
I'll just leave my Vertu Constellation at home when I wring out
the California-more concentration on driving take priority?

ENZOMARANELLO
11th March 2014, 15:02
So when can we expect the apple logo on the F1 car? That would be awesome