PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari set to announce Le Mans project

Nero Horse
10th June 2014, 14:52
http://www.grandprix247.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/lemans01.jpg
Ferrari last won Le Mans in 1965 with Jochen Rindt and Maston Gregory in the 250 LM

Ferrari could be set to announce a Le Mans prototype foray, and a World Endurance Championship Campaign.

It is already known that the Maranello marque’s lead Formula 1 driver, Fernando Alonso, will be the special guest starter of the fabled 24 hour endurance race this weekend.

Ferrari announced last month that the Spaniard was invited to wave the flag at Le Mans following “several comments President [Luca di] Montezemolo has made relating to the technology and car development linked to this event”.

“[Le Mans] is one of a handful of races that has defined the history of motor sport,” Alonso was quoted as saying.

Ferrari has also been highly critical of Formula 1′s developmental direction recently.

And last year, the now-ousted team boss Stefano Domenicali said that the sport’s new turbo V6 engines “would allow some interesting projects”.

“At the moment I cannot say more,” he added in mid 2013.

Ferrari quoted Alonso as saying last month ahead of his Le Mans visit: “I’m keen to check out the details on this type of car.

“In Formula 1, we have also entered the hybrid era and I am curious to find out more about the working methods and technology involved in this series.”

Spain’s El Mundo Deportivo is now reporting speculation that Ferrari could announce its return to Le Mans with a ‘LMP1′ prototype car foray, on Saturday.

Correspondent Raymond Blancafort said that organisers of the famous 24 hour race are already flagging a “very important announcement” to be made before the 2014 race start on that day.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2014/06/10/ferrari-set-to-announce-le-mans-project/

hogo
10th June 2014, 17:05
omg that would be great! Can't wait for this rumour to come true!

fratelliferrari
10th June 2014, 17:20
Please let this be true :pray

Rob
10th June 2014, 17:32
Hope it happens, really do. Fernando as lead driver with Bruni, :Hmm and Stefano TP.

The Architect
10th June 2014, 18:54
A full WEC challenge would be very exciting. Possibly the best chance for Ferrari to win something.

AfterLife
10th June 2014, 21:22
Hope it happens, really do. Fernando as lead driver with Bruni, :Hmm and Stefano TP.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no
Fernando Alonso always with Ferrari Formula1 :)

fratelliferrari
10th June 2014, 21:36

Why? I think Fernando would be very honoured to drive for Ferrari in LMP1 class!

Kiwi Nick
10th June 2014, 21:56
A full WEC challenge would be very exciting. Possibly the best chance for Ferrari to win something.

Good point, they would only have to beat Audi, Porsche and Toyota. Should be a snap, after all 1973 wasn't that long ago. What could have changed?

Kingdom Hearts
11th June 2014, 08:28

Can he do both?

fratelliferrari
11th June 2014, 08:49
Can he do both?

I don't think that will be possible...

Rob
11th June 2014, 16:07

no he will not be able to do both. Those days are gone.

Good thing, he will still be at Ferrari ;-)

Nero Horse
11th June 2014, 16:37
I think that Gianni Bruni and Fisico would do a great job behind the wheel of our LMP1 car as well. Both are very experienced at driving in these endurance races and they'd be a good drivers pairing for our LMP1 project...if it really happens. I'm already getting very excited for Saturday.