PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari LaFerrari LMP1!!!!!!(Rendering)

PURE PASSION
26th June 2014, 14:36
I for sure would love to see ferrari participate with THIS LaFerrari LMP1!!!!!
You???

hogo
26th June 2014, 14:46
I dunno why we are delaying our comeback. Maybe we don't think WEC is popular enough to justify the costs...

nice pics btw.

Nero Horse
26th June 2014, 15:15
I for sure would love to see ferrari participate with THIS LaFerrari LMP1!!!!!
You???

Wow! :-E Yes! That beast looks absolutely amazing! Really wish that the LMP1 project would finally become a reality. But if it does happen then I just hope it won't come at the expense of our F1 project.

Samcar222
26th June 2014, 15:30
This needs to happen. All the manufacturers are coming back to LM. Audi, Porsche, Toyota, now Nissan and possibly Ferrari and McLaren-Honda (rumor). F1 is becoming more and more a farce with the current rules package (i.e. development, or lack thereof in-season). The who's who are going sports car racing. And the ACO just released the weekend attendance figures - 263,000 people crammed into la Sarthe.
(I'm a sportscar fan, if you couldn't tell...)

Kiwi Nick
26th June 2014, 16:17
The barrier to success in LMP1 Hybrid is having a good, reliable Power Unit. At least in LMP1 manufacturers have considerable freedom to pursue different types of power units. Audi, Porsche and Toyota are all quite different one to the other. Toyota use a 3.7-liter V8 with a super capacitor and 2 electric motors. Porsche uses a 2.0-liter V4 and a pair of energy recovery systems Heat and front axle). Audi uses a V-6 diesel with two energy recovery systems powering the front wheels. All three were quite evenly matched in performance, but Audi proved to be more reliable at Le Sarthe.

Rob
26th June 2014, 16:42
As much i would love to see this happening, as said before, as long as we have F1 team, will not happen. Thats what Luca D said before, cannt do both, as massive massive resources for both. As you say Nick, there is bit more freedom on the engine front. Which is good, and take different Hybrid designs.

Truth, Ferrari needs to do this, they know it, we all know it. But ££££ is the thing holding it back.

SilverSpeed
26th June 2014, 18:49
Drop dead gorgeous!

JiruMaranello
1st May 2015, 16:41
Ferrari is and will go into LMP1, the question is when.

TigerKing
4th May 2015, 20:27
The links aren't working but i stumbled upon some artwork of a possible Ferrari LMP1 prototype (that isn't the LaFerrari version which is gorgeous btw).

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/article/cars/ferrari-set-sensational-return-le-mans

This rendering gave me the chills with how beautiful the car looks. Ferrari is possibly waiting for WEC to become much bigger than its inception, which it is now so give maybe 5 years until the return!