PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari 812 Superfast

Scuderia1967
16th February 2017, 10:31
Ferrai has just showed the F12 successor on its Facebook pages. What do you guys think?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/news/ferrari-812-superfast-revealed/

chris.gotfunk
16th February 2017, 12:22
I think it looks absolutely fantastic! I didn't realize the F12 was due for a successor, so, this was a nice treat. To me, it's got some of the same looks/lines as that GTO concept someone drew up from some years back.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/08/angry-car-designer-dreams-up-a-ferrari-612-gto/#slide-289476

Scuderia1967
16th February 2017, 13:24
I think it looks absolutely fantastic! I didn't realize the F12 was due for a successor, so, this was a nice treat. To me, it's got some of the same looks/lines as that GTO concept someone drew up from some years back.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/06/08/angry-car-designer-dreams-up-a-ferrari-612-gto/#slide-289476

I remember that concept, it was pretty good.
Ferrari is saying the 812's (the name probably means "800 PS", "12 cylinders") V12 marks a "new era". Seeing it is normally aspired, I guess that means it won't be the last, as many people were fearing

chris.gotfunk
16th February 2017, 13:44
I remember that concept, it was pretty good.
Ferrari is saying the 812's (the name probably means "800 PS", "12 cylinders") V12 marks a "new era". Seeing it is normally aspired, I guess that means it won't be the last, as many people were fearing

I am beyond happy Ferrari are keeping the 12 cylinder engines and keeping them normally aspirated. To me, Ferrari IS a V12 and that's its' lineage and history. The amount of power they are getting from this engine is astonishing.

Scuderia1967
16th February 2017, 15:30
I am beyond happy Ferrari are keeping the 12 cylinder engines and keeping them normally aspirated. To me, Ferrari IS a V12 and that's its' lineage and history. The amount of power they are getting from this engine is astonishing.

Hope that, too.
On another matter, the social media is having a blast with the "Superfast" moniker. Everyone is calling it "stupid", obviously not realizing the story Ferrari has with that name

chris.gotfunk
16th February 2017, 16:07
The name is a bit "out of the norm" for typical cars, but I think what people may not realize is "Superfast" is "Superveloce" in Italian which sounds much better. Leave it to the English language to de-beautify a sexy name. I would almost bet that it may start being called the 812SV just to shut people up.

I recall people giving Lamborghini crap for giving the SV moniker to their cars too though.

Scuderia1967
16th February 2017, 16:35
The name is a bit "out of the norm" for typical cars, but I think what people may not realize is "Superfast" is "Superveloce" in Italian which sounds much better. Leave it to the English language to de-beautify a sexy name. I would almost bet that it may start being called the 812SV just to shut people up.

I recall people giving Lamborghini crap for giving the SV moniker to their cars too though.

People talk nonsense most of the time, these days. And they're also ignorant: clearly they had never heard of the Superfast from the sixties, to me one of the best looking prancing horses ever

Scuderia1967
16th February 2017, 16:36
I actually took the time to explain this to some guy on Facebook who has having a tantrum about it. His answer was "I don't care, it's stupid!"

chris.gotfunk
16th February 2017, 16:44
I actually took the time to explain this to some guy on Facebook who has having a tantrum about it. His answer was "I don't care, it's stupid!"

Sounds like my 6 year old son when I tell him to go brush his teeth, wash his hands or get his pajamas on.

Scuderia1967
16th February 2017, 17:17
Sounds like my 6 year old son when I tell him to go brush his teeth, wash his hands or get his pajamas on.

:rotfl

jgonzalesm6
16th February 2017, 22:34
Back end looks likes the one-off made for a "special" customer....F12 TRS....that is a nice car....front end looks cool as well(F12 TRS)...don't care for the open top....but to pay $4 million....I guess they will make anything you desire if you shell out the moo-lah. This car is beautiful and "superfast" ....789hp and 211mph

jgonzalesm6
16th February 2017, 22:48
A FEW PICS OF THE F12 TRS ONE-OFF made in 2014

right click to drop down and view window for larger pic

The Architect
7th March 2017, 19:32
After seeing the Geneva launch pictures, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. The shape is quite familiar but the details let it down. The openings on the bonnet above the lights look out of place and only there to provide eyebrows for the eyes (lights). The slits and gaps elsewhere don't look any better. The rear lights are an improvement over the F12, but I find little else to recommend. The TRS is certainly my favourite front engined Ferrari since the F12.

Rosso Corsa
7th March 2017, 22:31
Beautiful! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZzMMcMK4jI

gmpe23
11th March 2017, 11:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cm25bTNxwxg