Thread: The Ultimate Zonda.

The Ultimate Zonda.

"It's been a good run, the Pagani Zonda has stoked many a supercar fantasy and plasters the walls of garages and bedrooms everywhere, but all good things must come to an end. The Zonda R is that end and the Zonda is not fading quietly into history. Everything gets turned up to eleven with this final model, 739 HP 6.0-liter V12, 0-to-60 times of three seconds, and a blistering top speed of 233 MPH.

The car also spares no expense, wearing top shelf parts made of titanium and carbon fiber, and the price shows. Only 15 Zonda R's will be available to the public for a mind-blowing $1.8 million, and they're building one extra to keep at the factory. Guess if you're going to go out, you go out big."

http://jalopnik.com/5147223/pagani-z...farewell-party

I would say this is direct competition with the Ferrari FXX. And in my opinion the Zonda is quite a bit better looking. Absolutely stunning. I just hope the Ferrari would still beat it on track ;)

It looks awesome!

How good is the FXX?
    I don't really hear much about it...
    Die Perd se naam is pegasus abdel kader schrikt der woestijnen van bagdad tot dakar, seun van benedictus ernius quintus magnus van nassay en irma vor schimmelpernning von appeldoorn van tahiti in die heilige eg verbind kragtens die ewige edik uitgevaardig deur keiser tertius tillius theorodus en biskop merkenzein de mont saint allegonde van die vatikan.

That looks amazing! Can't wait to see if they get that on Top Gear!

Quote Originally Posted by zakfourie View Post
    It looks awesome!

How good is the FXX?
    I don't really hear much about it...
    FXX is pretty much a race version of the Enzo. Stripped down to a bit over 2500 lbs, with around 850 bhp. Additional winglettes for increased downforce, and fitted with slick tires makes it one quick car. Longer tracks I think the FXX would definitely win over the Zonda, and I would think the Ferrari is a much more refined race car due to Ferrari's extensive racing heritage.

Really nice car!
    "Una volta che pensassi ero errato, lo risulto' mi sono sbagliato".
    -John K Waggener

I'm inclined to agree with you SS454 that the FXX seems to be a cogent, devloped and 'complete' design while the Zonda seems contrived for the "Gee Whiz!" factor
    ala Lamborghini tho it is at least pleasant and not somber and somewhat soul-less like the Veyron.

Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    tho it is at least pleasant and not somber and somewhat soul-less like the Veyron.

Your right, but I doubt the people who shelled out 1.5 million or so for the Veyron would agree!
    "Una volta che pensassi ero errato, lo risulto' mi sono sbagliato".
    -John K Waggener

Understand that I do like the Veyron but it is to me a rather heavy-handed design
    meant to convey the substantiality of the car, what the RR Phantom is to sedans.

Understand that I do like the Veyron but it is to me a rather heavy-handed design
    meant to convey the substantiality of the car, what the RR Phantom is to sedans.

amazing!!!
    "you need to strive to be the best at what your doing, push yourself to do more than you think you can, and learn to enjoy that aspect of your job"

Chassis replica of the MC12 to me...