Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ferrari 599 FXX pics

Ferrari 599 FXX pics

Ferrari without man is still Ferrari, man without Ferrari is nothing.

Very cool...Thanks!
    "Una volta che pensassi ero errato, lo risulto' mi sono sbagliato".
    -John K Waggener

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Thanks!
    I love XX programme !!!

Now that's a Ferrari with an attitude, Looks crazy with touches of F1 everywhere.

Ferrari Designer: "hmm, not racy enough, let's grab some exterior touches from the F2007 and put it onto the 599!, :twisted

does the number 3 on the side have any significance? or is it a tribute to massa?
    ANDIAMO CAVALLINO RAMPANTE!!!

WOW! amazing job

Quote Originally Posted by newyouth19 View Post
    does the number 3 on the side have any significance? or is it a tribute to massa?
    Considering there is the F60 beside it I assume its a tribute and Massa probably get to pocket this baby once its finished showing herself off :P

thats the f2008 besides the 599 FXX
    ANDIAMO CAVALLINO RAMPANTE!!!

Apologies.. should have just said F1 car :P

although F2008 Massa was #2 so kinda doesnt make sense.. anyway who cares, lovely car!!! :)
    Last edited by voiko; 2nd March 2009 at 23:52. Reason: just editing a few words

Thats a badass car. I dont care for the wing on the C pillar, but other than that you can see loads of F1 technology on the car. Mega huge diffuser, big burly exhaust, and the brakes look to have the carbon fiber covers just like on an F1 car. This would be a first I think. Would love to see this car in competition.

Wow - just wow. When and where will this stunner hit the track? Hopefully we won't have to wait till the Mondiali!
    "...as always for the Scuderia, the good of the team comes first."

"We are Ferrari and we will never give up until the moment when the maths says it's over."

OMG!!!!
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

Geneva, March 3rd 2009 - The 79th Geneva International Motor Show provides the venue for Ferrari to announce two new pieces of good news: the arrival of the Handling GT Evoluzione (HGTE) package for the 599 GTB Fiorano and the world debut of the 599XX which is aimed at a select group of clients. The latter new car incorporates the most advanced technologies resulting from Ferrari's road-going and F1 research. Many of the technological solutions it carries are being used for the first time and have been developed exclusively for this special car.

The HGTE package is designed to deliver even sportier, more dynamic driving, to highlight the 599 GTB Fiorano's positioning in the "sports car" segment. The technical modifications introduced with the HGTE Package to the car's set-up and tyres ensure tighter, more dynamic handling, with sharper cornering and improved responsiveness whilst still being easy to drive. The HGTE package further underlines the 599 GTB Fiorano's different mission from Ferrari's other current 12-cylinder, the 612 Scaglietti which, along with the 8-cylinder Ferrari California, represents the Grand Tourer personality of the Prancing Horse's current range.

The 599XX, on the other hand, is aimed at owners that want to experience Prancing Horse driving pleasure at its purest - in fact, Ferrari will be organising a programme of dedicated track events for it in 2010/2011. Conceived exclusively for track but not official competition use, and thus unrestricted either by homologation limitations or regulatory restrictions, this extreme sports car incorporates the very best of Ferrari technology, the fruit both of our Research and Development Department's labours and our long experience and experimentation in F1. The plethora of aerodynamic, electronic control and handling innovations used together for the first time on a single car make this model a genuine technological laboratory. The solutions adopted for the 599XX - many of which will remain exclusive to it - enhance its levels of performance and can be summed up in one highly relevant statistic: a Fiorano lap time of just 1 minute and 17 seconds. Although it is such an extreme car, the 599XX still retains the ergonomics of the road-going model which are essential for non-professional drivers engaging in intensive track driving.

In addition to the 599 GTB Fiorano equipped with the Handling GTE package and finished in a new three-layer metallic Rosso, and the 599XX in a colour matching the F2008, Ferrari clients and enthusiasts will also be able to admire the single-seater that recently won the Prancing Horse its 16th Constructors' World title. We will also be showing our full range of road cars: the Scuderia Spider 16M in a Grigio Titanio livery, the 430 Scuderia in Rosso Corsa and our two Grand Tourer models, the Ferrari California in Nero Metallizzato with a Sabbia interior and the 612 Scaglietti. The latter will be displayed in the Atelier, a dedicated area where owners can get a taste of the virtually endless personalisation options on offer to them.

599 GTB Fiorano with the Handling GTE package

When it first debuted, the 599 GTB Fiorano set a new standard in terms of performance that remains a benchmark for new sports car development to this day. Now Ferrari is introducing the new Handling GTE (Handling Gran Turismo Evoluzione) package for the model to further underscore its sportiness and handling.

The package includes a modified set-up with stiffer springs and rear anti-roll bar as well as new calibration settings for the magnetorheological shock absorbers when the manettino is at its sportier settings. The ride height has also been lowered which in turn lowers the car's centre of gravity. This combined with the new set-up helps improve body control. The package also includes specifically optimised tyres featuring a compound that offers even better grip.

The car's electronics have also evolved to ensure even more prompt response to driver commands. The F1 gearbox's shifts are now even faster in high-performance settings, while a new engine software strategy has improved accelerator response.

The exhaust silencer has also been modified with the result producing an even more marked and thrilling sound under hard usage whilst still delivering just the right comfort levels at cruising speed.

From a styling point of view, the package also includes some distinctively sporty exterior and interior features with carbon-fibre widely used in the latter. The 20" split-rim wheels are new with a special diamond-cut and matte silver finish. The rear diffuser is finished in matte black to underscore the car's new set-up and highlight the chromed tail pipes. The cabin is sportier too thanks to a sophisticated mix of full-grain leather, black AlcantaraŪ and carbon-fibre trim.
    The new seats are trimmed in a new two-tone combination of leather with black AlcantaraŪ inserts, and the seat backs are trimmed entirely in carbon-fibre. Embroidered in contrasting stitching on the headrest are a Prancing Horse and the words "Handling GTE".

599XX

While based on the 599 GTB Fiorano with the same transaxle layout and engine type, this prototype is an extreme track car. Ferrari's engineers have carried out extensive work on the engine's combustion chambers and inlet and exhaust tracts. These modifications, combined with the fact that internal attrition has been reduced and the maximum revs have been boosted to 9,000 rpm, helped achieve the target power output of 700 hp at 9,000 rpm. Particular attention was also paid to cutting the weight of the engine unit components. This was achieved both by optimising forms - as in the new crankshaft - and adopting exclusive materials, as in the carbon-fibre used for the intake plenums. A new gearbox shift strategy cuts overall gearchange times to 60 ms.

The 599XX is characterised by an innovative electronic concept called the "High Performance Dynamic Concept" which has been designed to get the maximum performance from the car by managing the combination of the car's mechanical limits with the potential of its electronic controls. The mechanical and electronic systems work together to get the maximum performance from the car under extreme high performance driving, for consistent lap times. The sporty handling has been improved thanks to the adoption of second generation SCM suspension system. Track usage is also made easier thanks to the new "virtual car engineer", a screen in the car that provides a real-time indication of the vehicle's efficiency.

The 599XX's aerodynamics were honed in numerous wind tunnel test sessions with the result that the car now boasts 280 kg of downforce at 200 km/h (630 kg at 300 km/h). The front underside of the body is completely faired-in and the vents that channel hot air from the engine bay have been moved to the bonnet.

The "Actiflow" system increases downforce and/or cuts drag depending on the car's trim cornering conditions, courtesy of the use of a porous material in the diffuser and two fans in the boot which channel the air flow from under the car out through two grilles next to the tail-lights. Winglets have been added to the rear buttresses to increase downforce. while synthetic jets have also been incorporated into the rear of the car to control and smooth the air flow and to reduce drag.
    Ferrari's engineers have also used F1-derived "doughnuts" which partly cover the brake discs and wheel rim. These have the dual function of improving both aerodynamics and brake cooling.

In terms of the bodywork, composites and carbon-fibre have been widely used and the engineers drew on their experience in working with aluminium to reach the weight target. The development of increasingly high-performance materials has also benefited the carbon-ceramic material braking system. The brake pads are now made from carbon-fibre which means that the calipers are smaller whilst guaranteeing the same efficiency. The new racing carbon ceramic braking system also delivers shorter braking distances and is generally more efficient due to the weight saving.

The 599XX comes with slick tyres (29/67 R19 Front and 31/71 R19 Rear) specifically developed to maximise stability in cornering and increase lateral acceleration. They are fitted to 19 x 11J wheel rims at the front and 19 x 12J at the rear.
    Forza Ferrari

My mate went to Geneva and came back with these (amongst others). Will see what else he has that he didn't post and if cool, I will post this here. Anyway, enjoy these for now -some more here

"We are Ferrari and we will never give up until the moment when the maths says it's over."

DAMN THIS IS ONE CRAZY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love (and I badly want) that car !!!

now i am waiting for photos from Dino scuderia after fixing this beauty in a model car

Quote Originally Posted by vagos View Post
    now i am waiting for photos from Dino scuderia after fixing this beauty in a model car
    Who knows...???

For now I have been slowly making a 599 GTC.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Who knows...???

For now I have been slowly making a 599 GTC.

Very Nice!!!
    "Una volta che pensassi ero errato, lo risulto' mi sono sbagliato".
    -John K Waggener

The rear of this car is killer...

Why shouldnt this car appear in the FIA GT? Seems to me it could take the place of the 550Maranello and start giving fits to the other teams....

I went to a car show in the US, nothing there like this.....thx for the pix....

Whoa, did you read whats on this car? The XX? Synthetic jets? Porous material? This is Ferrari..cutting edge and ideas that make me think just what can they think of next...
    Simply amazing...

Thanks for the article Greig..

Extremely advanced. Has to have the most F1 technology adapted to it than any other car yet, aside from maybe some one seaters. But I am talking about real two seat, door slammer cars.

Because of all this technology, it wouldnt be allowed to race in this form in the FIA GT series.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Extremely advanced. Has to have the most F1 technology adapted to it than any other car yet, aside from maybe some one seaters. But I am talking about real two seat, door slammer cars.

Because of all this technology, it wouldnt be allowed to race in this form in the FIA GT series.
    This is quite true. However, ever since GT1 lost the 550/575Ms I have been praying for the boys at Maranello to do something exciting to the 599 so it can earn it's racing spurs and become a proper Ferrari.

wow wow that is a truelly stunning car!! well done Ferrari Lets cross fingers n hope too see 599 xx in the FIA GT or even Le Mans hope win lottery n buy 1 if not 599 xx a 599 GTB
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

There are I think...2 teams that ran the 550 the last 2 FIA races last year, can check, know 1 for sure...hopefully they will run it this year also...that car can still win...mabey...

But, looking at the fxx, makes me wonder, if F1 was an all out run what you brung affair, unlimited technology....we would have the most amazing cars and technology...Id love to see that....hey wait, isnt that what F1 is supposed to be????

The one I saw was raced by an Argentinian team (ACA) in the FIA GT series. Can't recall seeing one in the LMEs last year, but this year I notice a french team (Noel del bello) will be racing a 550M. It gives me such a buzz seeing a hearing her.

It is time, though, for us to bring in something to give those Vettes and Astons a run for their money. The MC12 is getting old now and can't race in Le Mans series. Come on, Luca - we need a GT1 racer!
    Last edited by Testarossa6000; 7th March 2009 at 17:47. Reason: typo

Brutal car!!
    BTW,Ferrari and Michelin!Strange combination!
    "you need to strive to be the best at what your doing, push yourself to do more than you think you can, and learn to enjoy that aspect of your job"

Look at this pic

At the street version, this is the rear light, but anyone knows what is in this car ??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gimeagui View Post
    Look at this pic

At the street version, this is the rear light, but anyone knows what is in this car ??

Thanks
    The "Actiflow" system increases downforce and/or cuts drag depending on the car's trim cornering conditions, courtesy of the use of a porous material in the diffuser and two fans in the boot which channel the air flow from under the car out through the tail-lights.

Simply outrageous... can't wait to hear what it sounds like