Thread: NEW ENZO???

NEW ENZO???

I saw on front of i think Autocar magazine new Enzo, looked bit smaller than old one, just wondering is it real??
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Ferrari F70 blasts in
    Sensational new Ferrari is ready to blow Bugatti away with advanced chassis and powerful yet efficient twin-turbo V8...
    Auto Express Car ReviewsText: Jack Rix / Photos: Poblete25th November 2009
    Ferrari’s new F70 will not only be faster and more focused than the Enzo, but smaller, lighter and more fuel efficient, too

It’s being hailed as the ultimate, most advanced road car Ferrari has ever made. Aiming to leave exotic rivals including the Lamborghini Reventón and Bugatti Veyron trailing, the ferocious flagship will break from the norm in more ways than one. And our stunning illustrations show how such a model could look.

It will be not only quicker and more focused than the Enzo, but smaller, lighter and more fuel efficient, too. In addition, the latest rumours suggest a twin-turbo V8 will provide the power. It will be the first use of turbos in a production Ferrari since the 1987 F40, making this the spiritual successor to that definitive hypercar.

Internally codenamed the F70, the newcomer will use knowledge gathered from the FXX scheme. This invited customers to buy a pumped-up and stripped-out version of the Enzo for £1.5million, but allowed them to drive their purchases only on approved track days. Afterwards, they briefed Ferrari on possible improvements.

The philosophy behind this new downsized and lightweight hypercar is derived from 2007’s Millechilli concept. Although little more than a fibreglass model, it demonstrated Ferrari’s aim to increase the performance of future models by shedding weight, not by hiking power. Millechilli means 1,000kg in Italian. It’s an ambitious target for the F70’s kerbweight – a full 365kg less than the Enzo – but Ferrari is ready to apply every weight-saving measure possible.

Rival McLaren is leading the way in lightweight construction, with an F1-style carbon fibre tub forming the basis of its MP4-12C supercar, so Ferrari wants to regain the initiative in this area. An overhauled and shrunken tub, carbon fibre body panels – plus carbon-ceramic brakes and a no-frills cabin – should keep weight to a minimum. Ferrari already heads efforts to reduce CO2, having slashed output by 10 per cent in 2009. It promises further cuts from its current 387g/km average by 2012.

But reducing body mass alone won’t be enough to achieve this. To slash CO2 significantly, the engine also needs an advanced design. The Enzo’s V12 will make way for a new direct-injection twin-turbo V8 – the same layout as in the legendary F40. Output is likely to be on a par with the Enzo’s 660bhp, but that lower weight should put performance on another level. Expect a three-second 0-60mph time and top speed in excess of 230mph.

A twin-turbo V6 is also under consideration, to replace the 458 Italia and California’s V8s. Yet before either unit is signed off, engineers are keen to eliminate turbo lag. The F40 was famous for the delay between throttle inputs and the arrival of a savage wave of torque. But Ferrari claims it won’t resort to turbos again until it’s perfected the technology to give the instant response for which its naturally aspirated cars are renowned.

One option is electric or hybrid chargers. These use a small electric motor to spool the turbos up to operating speeds much faster than in a normal set-up, where exhaust gas has to be recirculated. The result is a virtual elimination of turbo lag and a linear power delivery that will be familiar to owners of current Ferraris.

Just like the Enzo, the F70 will be strictly limited to a production run of 399 examples, adhering to Ferrari’s philosophy of always building one less car than you think you can sell. But not just anyone will be able to put their name on the waiting list. Buyers will need to be personally invited by Ferrari to stump up the expected million (£600,000) asking price when the car goes on sale in 2012.

[QUOTE=scuderia rob;574641][/QUOTE

This is not an f70. This is a model done by some design students a few years ago. The f70 has nothing to do with this except being red.

yeah this is a model of how it may look, i wasnt sure if anyone new of the actual design, that why ive put this up. Hope the real one looks like this :xmasbiggrin:

So will the official name be F70, FLM, or ...??? also how ll it looks like?

Awesome..............simply awesome!!

Mind you, can imagine it patrolling the streets of Gotham!!

Yes, it's an old design study (one of many) released a few years ago and done by students as Redstorm says. It's very
    handsome and I wouldn't mind seeing it come to fruition but doubt it's anything close to what Ferrari are really working on.

I found this rendition a while back of what the F70 could look like! Very similar to the original Enzo. I am super excited that Ferrari is getting ready to release a new Enzo!

Quote Originally Posted by scuderia rob View Post
    It looks a bit too lamborghini to me, besides it looks fast but it doesn't have the "that's a ferrari" effect of the original Enzo or the 458. Don't like the idea of the V6 for the 458 either :(.

Apart from that, it seems like it's going to be a beast, as it should because other models are getting a bit ahead of Ferrari in some performance areas.

Yeah I was going to say, did they hire the guy that designed the batmobile or what lol....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Agron View Post
    It looks a bit too lamborghini to me, besides it looks fast but it doesn't have the "that's a ferrari" effect of the original Enzo or the 458. Don't like the idea of the V6 for the 458 either :(.

Apart from that, it seems like it's going to be a beast, as it should because other models are getting a bit ahead of Ferrari in some performance areas.
    Ferrari was always meant to be a track car though.... They never cared that the McLaren F1 or Bugatti's of the world were faster in a straight line.... for them, all that mattered was on track results.... even in the early 2000's when the engine wars were heating up and BMW was leading the field, Di Montezemolo always said that the numbers were meaningless and drivability was the most important factor....

In comparison tests, the McLaren F1 lost out to I think it was the F50 on the track....
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Well, I was thinking more about that Top Gear lap around some circuit, and how the Ferrari fared against the opposition, and while the FXX -whatever is called that evolution of the Enzo- fared quite well, the other Ferraris are way down the ranking, and even that car has been surpassed.
    I don't know if they have some anti-Ferrari bias or if they do or do not make sure the laps are done perfectly even conditions for all competitors, but...

Or do you mean the enjoyment of driving one? as in... it's fast and powerful but at the same time its nice to drive and you feel comfortable in the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Agron View Post
    Well, I was thinking more about that Top Gear lap around some circuit, and how the Ferrari fared against the opposition, and while the FXX -whatever is called that evolution of the Enzo- fared quite well, the other Ferraris are way down the ranking, and even that car has been surpassed.
    I don't know if they have some anti-Ferrari bias or if they do or do not make sure the laps are done perfectly even conditions for all competitors, but...

Or do you mean the enjoyment of driving one? as in... it's fast and powerful but at the same time its nice to drive and you feel comfortable in the car?
    Not a chance. When Top Gear put the Enzo round their track for the first time, it set a new lap record. And Clarkson has publicly admitted, several times, that he's a Ferrari man (although he drives a Merc at the moment, and has owned a Lambo in the past).

The future is RED

[QUOTE=Redstorm;574664]
    Quote Originally Posted by scuderia rob View Post
    [/QUOTE

This is not an f70. This is a model done by some design students a few years ago. The f70 has nothing to do with this except being red.
    ...Thank god for that! Frankly, this design is repulsive, and seems to be slapped together with existing Ferrari components (i.e. California Wheels, original Enzo tail, and sort of F50 front end). The design of the F70 needs to look powerful yet elegant to carry a Ferrari name, especially that of Enzo. For example, the 458 Italia couples sensual, sexy curves with an aggressive powerful look. The Enzo should encompass much of the design elements of the 458, while retaining its Enzo heritage.

If this is it.....it`s gonna look great...

Mix a Testarossa and a Enzo with a little bit of 458 and you get the new F70

Veni Vidi Vici e Vici Vici Vici.... Ferrari F2012 WDC WCC Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarlboroFA View Post
    If this is it.....it`s gonna look great...

Mix a Testarossa and a Enzo with a little bit of 458 and you get the new F70

WOW that is stunning!! looks something else.