Thread: 599 Hybrid

599 Hybrid

First pics of the 599 Hybrid.

Photos of a "green" hybridized Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano have surfaced on the web today ahead of the public debut in Geneva next week.

Our friends at Carscoop are reporting the eletric motor produces approximately 100 PS (74 kW / 99 hp) and 110 lb-ft (149 Nm) of torque. Despite the added weight of 100 kg (220 lbs) from the hybrid components, the power to weight ratio is more than compensated by the horsepower generated by electric motor therefore making the 599 hybrid faster than the standard 599.

Also to be featured in the 599 hybrid concept is a version of the F1 inspired Kinetic Energy Recovery Systems (KERS).

FORZA FERRARI

In my book, it is an absolute & categorical NO!!!!

Sorry guys, but I think IF they ever out this into production, it will ruin Ferrari's image completely.

I seriously believe Ferrari should invest in biofuel or hydrogen powered cars, not horrid ECO-box/the amazing 599 combos.

Not to mention I "particularly" dislike the color. Makes me sick even looking at it

"It looks like it was styled by someone who was either in a big hurry to get the job done or who was having sex at the time. As a result, it is the motoring equivalent of Belgium: something you simply won’t notice"
    Jeremy Clarkson

I understand what you're saying, but it's not a Prius kind of eco-box though is it? At one end, if you think about it, it's just a Ferrari 599 with KERS installed (hence faster than the regular 599). On the other end, putting this system into production will allow Ferrari to meet the draconian new EU emission rules coming in from 2014. I'm not sure how much you know about the EU rules, but to put it simply, they measure how much a car company is producing in average CO2 levels (as if an average of their entire line-up of cars). It's the same reason why Aston Martin recently launched that horrid looking Cygnet. Because it lowers the company's overall average CO2 levels.

That is what Ferrari is doing here IMO. They can (and I believe they will) still continue to put big V12s in their flagship models (the Enzo replacement is coming soon apparently ), but having this kind of a hybrid system in one of their models will help the company meet the EU regulations. And as long as it's fast and has a big enough petrol engine providing the main power, we can assume safely that signor Enzo will NOT be spinning in his grave at 9500 rpm!

The way I see it is - this is Maranello's way of taking the micky out of eco-mentalist bureaucratic EU politicians.

The future is RED

At first I hated the idea, because I dread the day when supercars will be all-electric, whizzing by with a lame humming sound. But then I watched the video, got over the horrendous color, and I guess it's ok It should make for some blazing launches from a stop light with instant torque.

Forza Ferrari! ~ Sempre Ferrari!

ek583 I think you got it right. It seems inevitable and time does march on. As long as it's built to a very high standard
    of technology and quality it'll be 'The Ferrari of Hybrids'! Who would have thought we'd ever see the day?

I think they said it would take 5 years to go in production, So just a Fantasy. I think they need to make it, before I start clapping. Hate the Lambo. color.
    http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/signaturepics/sigpic3536_1.gif